• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I knew we would lose, and I'm not a football fan, so I'm not fussed at all.

jalued

Smash Lord
just played shiftingshadows at melee 2days ago and today. I think u have found urself a falco and fox player :) pretty dam good technical player who needs a bit of pollish.... oh and btw, I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY MARTH WELL NOW :D we played for ages, at the end the score was 160 shifting, 154 jalued lol.

oh he's in edinburgh btw, studying at the uni if ayone else wants to play him *coughallancough*

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys i just got back into melee since there is a community here in edinburgh lol! Jalued is an awsome dude and hes a nice marth >.< but i think he needs a secondary :p
and yea its up to allan if he wants to play me xP

jalued

Smash Lord
Hey guys i just got back into melee since there is a community here in edinburgh lol! Jalued is an awsome dude and hes a nice marth >.< but i think he needs a secondary :p
and yea its up to allan if he wants to play me xP
but marth can handle all mathups lol (apart from maybe sheik, but thats just more of a challenge ;) )

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
im studying at uni in edinburgh and i really want to play melee. If there is any kind of tournament/smashfest please tell me. Or, if there is an edinburgh melee thread with all that information, please tell me.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I'm at Edinburgh uni now doing multimedia development (web design ****e), have my own flat and **** (no room mates, parent's own the flat, they bought it for my brother years ago when he went to uni and just rented it to folk until one of us went to uni.). Might set up a fest in future, I'm taking it the scene is still pish though and you guys are hardly active? :sonfce:

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Im living in grant house in pollock halls. that wud be awesome if u cud do a smashfest, or we cud just play together. Where is ur flat? and are there any other ppl around edinburgh that play?

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
staying around tollcross. theres a few people i posted hoping to see reply, no offence to you guys that did reply, lol. i might organise something eventually, but im just done decorating/moving furniture and ****e, i've got 5 tv's in the flat dis including the computer, two wii's and a gamecube and three copies of melee, im not interested in brawl, doubt i'll have time sometime within now and early october, but i'll get something done eventually, the flats stupidly big for my liking so ****s can stay over if they want just don't ****ing wreck the place. :sonfce:

allan and ed where you bawbags at?
allan you know you want another match with kmeng since everything fell to ****;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_LYCVYWSJo - ahh the memories and the banter!

posting from home today as im here to ****ing sign something at my old work to get officially transferred to the co-op in edinburgh i work at so i don't have to come back here to get a paycheck every ****ing week.

grayfox

Smash Champion
ROFL NICE ONE KIERAN! Our boys grown up *tear in my eye* I'll be moving to Edinburgh within 6 months or so and I'm through most weekends to see the bird so I can help out/attend here and there. Anyone know what's happenin with P?

jalued

Smash Lord
staying around tollcross. theres a few people i posted hoping to see reply, no offence to you guys that did reply, lol. i might organise something eventually, but im just done decorating/moving furniture and ****e, i've got 5 tv's in the flat dis including the computer, two wii's and a gamecube and three copies of melee, im not interested in brawl, doubt i'll have time sometime within now and early october, but i'll get something done eventually, the flats stupidly big for my liking so ****s can stay over if they want just don't ****ing wreck the place. :sonfce:

allan and ed where you bawbags at?
allan you know you want another match with kmeng since everything fell to ****;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_LYCVYWSJo - ahh the memories and the banter!

posting from home today as im here to ****ing sign something at my old work to get officially transferred to the co-op in edinburgh i work at so i don't have to come back here to get a paycheck every ****ing week.
i was going to be going back to st andrews tomorrow...but i failed my resits :p so im prob not going back lol, going to get a job and try to be a chef instead :D sounds pretty dam good, organise a smashfest!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be moving to Edinburgh within 6 months or so and I'm through most weekends to see the bird so I can help out/attend here and there. Anyone know what's happenin with P?

Edinburgh is where the banter is now!! and no idea whats with P atm, he hasnt replied to texts

I'm at Edinburgh uni now doing multimedia development (web design ****e), have my own flat and **** (no room mates, parent's own the flat, they bought it for my brother years ago when he went to uni and just rented it to folk until one of us went to uni.). Might set up a fest in future, I'm taking it the scene is still pish though and you guys are hardly active? :sonfce:
tbh its looking pretty dam good in edinburgh now, there is me, foulplay, shifting, allan and fortune cookie already (thats a marth, falcon, falco, samus and fox mains :p got to love variety!!!)

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Hey foulplay, since u have 3 copies of melee can i borrow one so i can practice my tech skill at home? Also, when u gonna hold that smashfest/tourney man????

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
ROOOOFL nice bachelor pad Kieran, living in a flat by yourself in the big city my god you must be in your element. Also nice one securing a place in uni, just goes to show perseverance to a noble cause like web design can pay off ?? :confused:

Ed I got your text but as per usual have no credit so aye good times. Absolutely no idea about smashfests or any of that atm, can barely find the time to think about such a venture but I have a weekend off this coming.. weekend... so if I think up something i'll let you guys know, would rather it not be in my house though lol. In fact might have to rule that out completely. Its troublesome- as in, I still live with my family lol- and Edinburgh has much more banter.

Good to hear you're still playing Shifty and that you're in Edinburger. Im considering Edinburgh next year for uni, see how it goes.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Heh cheers Zep. All we need is somewhere to host a fest cause we have so few options sinec most of us are iwth family or are in halls :/

Im loving melee though its soo much freaking banter man, epic games all the time !

I just thought, would your mum let some people stay for a night or two Ed? :pP

ac_anon

Smash Ace
LOL I DONT LOG IN FOR A MONTH AND A MILLION PEOPLE ARE MOVING HERE, WHAT THE HELL.

I'm up for some melee although I still don't own a copy of the game since mine broke and I can't find a new one, talk to me on msn about stuff lads im still about.

AND ROOOOFL KIEREN POSTING THE MATCH I LOST, WHAT HAPPEND TO THE VID ON CORNERIA EH SON? SONSHOT TO THE FACE THATS WHAT.

jalued

Smash Lord
Heh cheers Zep. All we need is somewhere to host a fest cause we have so few options sinec most of us are iwth family or are in halls :/

Im loving melee though its soo much freaking banter man, epic games all the time !

I just thought, would your mum let some people stay for a night or two Ed? :pP
well technically i have already had a small smashfest at mine, but it was only like 4 people. i have my gf's flat in meadowbank, if shes ok with that, but only got one tv here, so u would have to bring ur own. otherwise... KIERENS FLAT TAX!!!!!

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Ok Ed that sounds nice if ur gf is ok with it. I have a tv and a cube, and so does FortuneCookie so that would be 3 sets.

Idk how we could get it all there though, anyone got a vehicle? :p

jalued

Smash Lord
Ok Ed that sounds nice if ur gf is ok with it. I have a tv and a cube, and so does FortuneCookie so that would be 3 sets.

Idk how we could get it all there though, anyone got a vehicle? :p
not one that is big enough

yeah i would be able to given enough warning :) its 3rd floor though, so lots of carrying heavy TVs :p would need to be pretty big to make it worth it

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
ROOOOFL nice bachelor pad Kieran, living in a flat by yourself in the big city my god you must be in your element. Also nice one securing a place in uni, just goes to show perseverance to a noble cause like web design can pay off ?? :confused:
i guess so, i mean maybe the guy who interviewed me for the placement just thought i had tons of banter??!?! :confused::dizzy::confused:

Hey foulplay, since u have 3 copies of melee can i borrow one so i can practice my tech skill at home? Also, when u gonna hold that smashfest/tourney man????
buy one from amazon.co.uk for like 13 quid, and not any time soon - busy month ahead of me, work, uni n ****e.

Projected to be in Edinburgh by early Feb!!!!!!!11111111111111111

i think i'm moving all of a sudden... :sonfce:

my goodness! Kieran is back!
I wouldn't really call it back, I'm busy as ****.

LOL I DONT LOG IN FOR A MONTH AND A MILLION PEOPLE ARE MOVING HERE, WHAT THE HELL.

I'm up for some melee although I still don't own a copy of the game since mine broke and I can't find a new one, talk to me on msn about stuff lads im still about.

AND ROOOOFL KIEREN POSTING THE MATCH I LOST, WHAT HAPPEND TO THE VID ON CORNERIA EH SON? SONSHOT TO THE FACE THATS WHAT.

:doh: first one on the playlist bawbag
pop round when i've got time sometime, maybe i'll pipe you :sonfce:

well technically i have already had a small smashfest at mine, but it was only like 4 people. i have my gf's flat in meadowbank, if shes ok with that, but only got one tv here, so u would have to bring ur own. otherwise... KIERENS FLAT TAX!!!!!

lol i'm not really aware of how big your flat is, if it's tiny as **** i'd rather not be at a smash fest in a tiny flat due to the smelly and heat etc, had too many housings for tourneys like that in the past. **** sake.

my flat won't exactly be available until i have free time really.

i'd imagine 10 would be the max for people coming to a fest though, but we've never really went over 10 before in the past, then again, i've been out of the scene for awhile so i wouldn't know how big the numbers are, who's around or who's actually interested for banters...

most of you would either crash in the spare room or on the couches in the living room idk,
2nd story, couple of ****ey shops around, kmeng's kitchen is free to use aslong as you ****ing **** wash the dishes so i don't have to keep using ****ing washing powder on the ****ey dish washer. ****ing thing overflowed yesterday somehow :dizzy:

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
i think im gonna go take a piss then lie down on the couch and watch some banter on the tv... scrubs perhaps? idk lads i just don't ****ing know.

Edit: NVM, looks like it's re-runs of house :doh:!!!!!

...eh, i'm pretty gutted but **** it.

ac_anon

Smash Ace
i think im gonna go take a piss then lie down on the couch and watch some banter on the tv... scrubs perhaps? idk lads i just don't ****ing know.

Edit: NVM, looks like it's re-runs of house :doh:!!!!!

...eh, i'm pretty gutted but **** it.
amazing post

played a little yesterday, for the first time in a while and **** im rusty, really have to find a copy soon.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I wanna come to one of your tournies boys, if only to show you the Northwest is the only region who can match y'all in manly banter.

Plus I haven't been the Scoland in time, love the place <3

COEY

Smash Lord
If your going up to scotland let me know mate, been ages since i've seen most of the scottish lads especially k meng. Hows sheffield btw?

The Filth

Smash Lord
It's quite fun, must say, got me first lectures starting monday. Flatmates are a bit meh though, all they do is sit about and talk sport :/

Yeah I'll definately get in touch if i'm going to head up. I'd only be playing brawl though I think, no one plays melee at all round here :(

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
rooofl i was playing earlier, not played since i was in america over june/july.
i feel kinda rusty, im gutted.
kmeng might make time sometime soon, not too sure yet, in the middle of programming a mysql database for a major forum industry (part of an assignment, not an actual major forum industry) going well so far, maybe after this is done and i get my well deserved three weeks break because im a **** we'll organise something then.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
hey guys. Haven't been here for a while ^^" sorry. Well just to let you guys know, I have moved to melee. I have now realised brawl isnt the game for me at all. I wasnt getting better at it anyways. Then I turned my melee on and I realised that I have a chance in this if I try to join the melee scenes here. Ed has told me to come back to the community and well... I am back and I am now a melee player. I wish to forget my brawl past so please dont mention it... unless we are having laughs

grayfox

Smash Champion
rooofl i was playing earlier, not played since i was in america over june/july.
i feel kinda rusty, im gutted.
kmeng might make time sometime soon, not too sure yet, in the middle of programming a mysql database for a major forum industry (part of an assignment, not an actual major forum industry) going well so far, maybe after this is done and i get my well deserved three weeks break because im a **** we'll organise something then.

= Johns

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
LOOOL nice one pidgey, you evolved then aye? Pidgeotto? I like it. Im glad though.

Will coming to Scotland all of a sudden?? Such a dramatic turn of events!

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
he is? o.o remind me to bang his pus when for saying I am scottish in a negative... wait was that callum... **** stupid crappy quality xbox live headsets!

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
Finally had my very first matches with Mr P. OMG he is so **** good >.< but thanks to him, I have gotten some experience of playing competitively... by annihilating me XD I got a few wins, yay but his number of wins was too much XD Also, I have realised my falco isnt my strongest after all. Its captain falcon.

Thanks again for those matches, Mr P (even though his laptop broke so he cant go on smashboards for a wee while to reply to this :()

Top Bottom