• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Just gonna put it out there; If Sakurai revisited Mach Rider, he could certainly revisit Ayumi for DLC
But then there's the problem, there was discussion about earlier, concerning the sales of it. Ayumi, is unfortunately not the most popular character out there, so, how many people would care?

I mean, I'd absolutely adore her as a DLC character, and I'd say that everyone here would too, but, the people that care about her, aren't the wider Smash community, sadly.

I'm just trying to be realistic here, sorry if that comes across as negativity...

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
But then there's the problem, there was discussion about earlier, concerning the sales of it. Ayumi, is unfortunately not the most popular character out there, so, how many people would care?

I mean, I'd absolutely adore her as a DLC character, and I'd say that everyone here would too, but, the people that care about her, aren't the wider Smash community, sadly.

I'm just trying to be realistic here, sorry if that comes across as negativity...
What if they pack more niche characters with super popular character? As a bundle.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Well let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Nothings set in stone

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
While maybe it could happen if they wanted to add Ray 01 back in. You could bundle him with Monster Hunter and then bundle Ayumi with Dixie. I have my doubts about any retros being DLC though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While maybe it could happen if they wanted to add Ray 01 back in. You could bundle him with Monster Hunter and then bundle Ayumi with Dixie. I have my doubts about any retros being DLC though.
What if they pack more niche characters with super popular character? As a bundle.
Both seem like reasonable solutions.

Having character bundles than singles would at least help sell a character like her.

More people can know who she is, feel free not to play as her if the don't care, and she gains a fandom. Win win.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I hate to say it, I will step down as the head of this detective agency.

As in anyone can feel free and step up as the new thread owner since I am leaving for a long time.

It's been an honor pushing for Ayumi, but my time of Smash speculation is done.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
As much as I hate to say it, I will step down as the head of this detective agency.

As in anyone can feel free and step up as the new thread owner since I am leaving for a long time.

Well, bye. It was nice knowing ya. We'll keep supporting...

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

I'll miss you, but I'll try and push for our detective girl in your stead, mostly by smashing Like on Ayumi posts and hoping it works.

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
[
I'll miss you, but I'll try and push for our detective girl in your stead, mostly by smashing Like on Ayumi posts and hoping it works.
I will also try to support her as much as I can even if DLC chances are slim

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet

Thank you for starting this thread and being a great leader. I'll miss ya dude.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Aww.

I wish I could've gotten to talk with you more, but you do whatever you need to do. Goodbye, and thank you.

BlueSectorMirage

Smash Rookie
I could take over as new thread owner, but I'm waiting to see if more people want that role other than me first.

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
Well A Smash Direct has been announced for this Thursday so we will know everything pretty soon

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I admit, I honestly want an opportunity to try these games. ONe hope is she gets some exposure here, right? ANd go from there?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Us retro lovers have to band together! Ayumi is our girl, but if it's Mach Rider or Starman or Donkey Kong Jr. Math, you won't find me complaining. Every retro added is one step closer to the Famicom Detective Club!

Oddball

Smash Lord
Us retro lovers have to band together! Ayumi is our girl, but if it's Mach Rider or Starman or Donkey Kong Jr. Math, you won't find me complaining. Every retro added is one step closer to the Famicom Detective Club!
The majority of the character I want that haven't been added yet are retro. The next half dozen characters could all be retro and I'd be happy.

Amazon or Starman
DK Jr.
Mach Rider
Urban Champion
Ayumi
Mike Jones

all these are characters that top my wants list.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Ayumi is strangely absent in all those montages of spirits...
Could this mean??

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
Ayumi is strangely absent in all those montages of spirits...
Could this mean??
ikr I was trying to find at least her spirit in the direct but couldn't find it

On the bright side it could open up the door to her possibly be DLC yet on the downside they had just completely forgotten her yet again

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I guess my bundle idea is out the window lol.... hey! No one got their retro rep; so we're all in this together haha xD

zferolie

Smash Hero
I will say if sakurai doesn't make spirits dlc characters( which I doubt) not seeing Ayumi is a huge boost in her favor.

Still I feel like 1 of the 5 currently planned DLC will be a retro, and she has a good chance there as both takamaru and Prince of Sable are still Assist trophies

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
I wonder how they will handle DLC this time like will they have another ballot of some sorts?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I wonder how they will handle DLC this time like will they have another ballot of some sorts?
If what Sakurai said is true when he was talking about Rex, he has already picked the 5 fighters for this season. If we get more after it, then we may see a voting go out.

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
If what Sakurai said is true when he was talking about Rex, he has already picked the 5 fighters for this season. If we get more after it, then we may see a voting go out.
wait but didn't he say that they hadn't yet begun working on the DLC characters yet and that they were first going to focus on finishing the game

zferolie

Smash Hero
wait but didn't he say that they hadn't yet begun working on the DLC characters yet and that they were first going to focus on finishing the game
He hasn't started working on them, but that doesn't mean they haven't picked them yet. Plkus I'm sure they have the basic blueprints done for these 5

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
ikr I was trying to find at least her spirit in the direct but couldn't find it

On the bright side it could open up the door to her possibly be DLC yet on the downside they had just completely forgotten her yet again
Does Ayumi have an official artwork that could work as a spirit art?

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I think Ayumi still has a reasonable chance to make it in. Or atleast her odds aren't any worse than they were before.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
I've always assumed this is official artwork?

And if so, I'd say this could work. :)
Better than nothing. It does have that 90s retro feel.
I really wanna see some modern official Ayumi art from Nintendo.

Top Bottom