• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thanks for the promo guys <3 I’ll probably do more tomorrow

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
yo! I would like to support ayumi as well! Not just because I don't have anyone else to root for but because I'm interested in how she would work and shes adorable

ChaosSharpedo

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosSharpedo
Switch FC
SW-8187-0600-4038
I would love to see Ayumi get into Ultimate, so add me to the supporters list.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
A few fan leaks have sold me on Ayumi being in Smash so count me in. Ayumi could fill both the retro and WTF character role did to there not being as many newcomers this time around. It would be nice to at least she her trophy return if not playable and I feel like Nintendo should let Spike Chunsoft remake the games.

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
I heard it could be either, but also heard it was proven fake. Any word on that?
I work in the industry. Is as fake as fake can be. I’ve still yet to believe any rumor for this game, including Verge.

That said, Ayumi still has my full-fledged support!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I work in the industry. Is as fake as fake can be. I’ve still yet to believe any rumor for this game, including Verge.

Weird thing to ask out of nowhere, but... is that you in that avatar of yours? If so, has anyone told you that you look like a younger Bill Trinen?

zferolie

Smash Hero

Yeah I put all rumors with a grain of salt. they are fun to look at though.

Ayumi while I barely know much about her sadly, I feel has a decent chance. She was thought of by Sakurai at one point, and if Sakurai's EVERYONE IS HERE statement is something of a motto for this game, perhaps he is trying to put in all the past characters he wanted in. That does raise Ayumi and Mach Riders chances a lot.

Granted the retro I really want is Hikari and Donbe, i would mind Ayumi, it sounds like she could bring a fun interesting playstyle to it, very Pheonix Write like from MvC3, which I though was super interesting. Sign me up

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Weird thing to ask out of nowhere, but... is that you in that avatar of yours? If so, has anyone told you that you look like a younger Bill Trinen?
Indeed it is me. As it happens, Bill Trinen is the person whose footsteps I plan to follow in the industry. I’m happy I was able to meet with him before moving to Tokyo, despite it being after my project at Nintendo was discontinued.

BAC1B55A-E2AE-487E-BB45-13E5FEB7974B.jpeg

zferolie

Smash Hero
Indeed it is me. As it happens, Bill Trinen is the person whose footsteps I plan to follow in the industry. I’m happy I was able to meet with him before moving to Tokyo, despite it being after my project at Nintendo was discontinued.

View attachment 160695
Ah thats really cool. I want to make a game myself, though more on the side project or whatnot. I did go to school for game programming but I decided I didn't want to work in the main industry... too insane and junk. Working at the family business in IT and in my free time plan my game... need to get more progress on it though.

But its cool you are in the industry. Nintendo itself or somewhere else? If at Nintendo I assume you know first hand how protective they are of this game

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Ah thats really cool. I want to make a game myself, though more on the side project or whatnot. I did go to school for game programming but I decided I didn't want to work in the main industry... too insane and junk. Working at the family business in IT and in my free time plan my game... need to get more progress on it though.

But its cool you are in the industry. Nintendo itself or somewhere else? If at Nintendo I assume you know first hand how protective they are of this game
That’s awesome. I can understand the distaste for working in the main industry. It’s cool that you’re on the programming side. Personally, I work in marketing.

Although currently not associated with Nintendo, I’m intimately familiar with the brand management. I disregard practically all rumors and maintain constant cynicism, even with the popular of assumed “leaks.”

Good luck and have fun in your career!

Last edited:

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
I liked this moveset from that fake leak that happened back in June.

Ayumi fights really differently. A lot of her basic moves and airs use a notepad and a pen as well as a briefcase so it feel like she's constantly jotting down observations or something. In her standard special she takes pictures with a camera. it does no damage but it can stun other fighters at the right distance. Her up special is like a startled jump? A noise like a telephone ringing or something crashing to the ground happens and she jumps up in fright, it's really weird but does a decent amount of damage. Side special summons a ghostly girl figure behind her and it charges forward and attacks but because it's behind you if you want to attack to the left you use the right special and vice versa. Her final smash summons a mirror with a ghostly figure in it that gets bigger and bigger until it breaks through and the shards shatter everywhere.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How did you originally discover and get into playing Famicom Detective Club?
After the crash of EmuParadise, I realized there were a lot of games that should stay preserved and shared with others, and I felt like streaming the game as a result. Plus, I just really love visual novels.

Also, I have played emulated Famicom Disk System/Satellaview games before, one being Radical Dreamers (which is basically more a CYOA than anything but I still love it <3)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ayumi would be a weird and unique addition to the roster, she would definitely be filling out that wtf character slot. Count me in as a supporter.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I just realized I never posted in this thread before, huh.
I full-heartedly support Ayumi getting into this game, and given Sakurai has been implementing scrapped concepts from previous entries, I actually think she's got a chance to get in this game.
She's definitely one of the few characters I'm actually hoping to see in this next iteration of Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
TIL Ayumi was in Mario maker, I didn't get to retrieve the video, but someone posted it in the general discussion thread. idk if she was in the US/EU versions of Mario Maker as well though...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
TIL Ayumi was in Mario maker, I didn't get to retrieve the video, but someone posted it in the general discussion thread. idk if she was in the US/EU versions of Mario Maker as well though...
Ayumi was in all versions of Super Mario Maker.

There were no region exclusive costumes. Or else we wouldn't get Baby Metal or Barbara the Bat at all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys, I'm live with what's hopefully the finale of Famicom Detective Club II! https://twitch.tv/riesonomura enjoy watching the rest of the story unfold! It's really intriguing so far

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, I intended to register to post in this thread, but it turns out I had already registered an account years ago, so, uh, here we go!

Anyway, Ayumi isn't my most wanted - that'd be Phoenix Wright - but she's my number one most wanted to fill that same niche if we have to go first-party. I JUST finished The Girl In The Back's SNES port and generally loved it, and I wish I could find the others translated online.

I just think she'd be a blast to play as. I can imagine her using the briefcase as her primary offensive weapon, plus some creative moves using "evidence collecting" a la Phoenix in UMvC3 or Game & Watch's Oil Panic, but I'd also love a Duck Hunt-esque thing where You (I called him Kaito in my playthrough) and Hitomi make cameos to help out! I'm not sure if they'd just hang out in the background or pop out of hammerspace but either way it would make for a fun little trio with Ayumi as the main representative. Give her her outfits from the epilogue and other games as her costumes.

Ayumi would be a great way to pay tribute to a classic Famicom/SFC series, she was already considered in Melee, we need a detective visual novel rep in Smash, it'd be a tribute to Gunpei Yokoi, it'd get more eyes on her series...I see no downsides here.

So, uh, yeah, support! Big time! Let's hope this year is her year!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is the one leak I'm praying is real because it's unusual, fun, surprising, and has Ayumi and a few others I'd love to see.

Huge grain of salt of course and there's no way they'd have Reimu in the game, but god, every single one of those characters would be a blast to play.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Hey guys, so Ayumi is in a new leak.

This is LaPailleDor, somebody who supposedly leaked K. Rool, Simon, Richter, Chrom, bosses (including Dracula), and stage morphing way back in July. Since the original post was removed, the leaker banned, posts not being editable after 10 minutes, and the only attempt at debunking is the moderator whom didn't have any substantial proof, it becomes a question of who you believe.

If you add this to the Vergeben rumor (whose sources now apparently believe there are two new SE reps rather than one thanks to Master0fHyrule who leaked the new Battlefield stage), then we have:

Isaac
Incineroar
Ayumi
Skull Kid
Sora
Geno
Reimu
Steve

Black Shadow
Ninten
Medusa
Ken

(Keep in mind that Vergeben himself has not validated the claim of a second SE newcomer. It's only assumption based on what Hyrule said who outright claims Sora and a high possiblity of Geno)

I don't know about you but this would be absolutely amazing. Yet, it feels much too good to be true. 12 characters to go with that many third parties coming?

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Anybody have an idea of what her trailer will be like? I'm guessing that it'll involve somehow the deaths from the previous (minus Isabelle's reveal) trailers.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Isaac
Incineroar
Ayumi
Skull Kid
Sora
Geno
Reimu
Steve

Black Shadow
Ninten
Medusa
Ken
I'll be happy this rumor is true unless there a new retro. Geno and Sora being in the base roster seems a stretch if you ask me I would love it to be true I want both if it can happen. Steve I use to be against the idea but I dont care Sakurai given me and us fans so much content I cant be mad beside Minecraft is a big name third partie everyone knows Minecraft. Reimu okay sure why not shes better than Vault Boy. Dixie Kong was my new number 1 character ugh crossing my fingers for DLC.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'll be happy this rumor is true unless there a new retro. Geno and Sora being in the base roster seems a stretch if you ask me I would love it to be true I want both if it can happen. Steve I use to be against the idea but I dont care Sakurai given me and us fans so much content I cant be mad beside Minecraft is a big name third partie everyone knows Minecraft. Reimu okay sure why not shes better than Vault Boy. Dixie Kong was my new number 1 character ugh crossing my fingers for DLC.
Turns out two SE reps was a false lead anyways. Hyrule admitted on Twitter that he just essentially placed way too much faith in the Internet and used what Google results told him as "sources". Wow.

I don't trust LaPailleDor either, just because the leak was never heard from until it supposedly "resurfaced" long after the August direct. I so desperately want it to be true for Isaac, Ninten, and Ayumi, but it's sketchy.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Ayumi is my third out of all Retro wants.
Only Lip of Panel De Pon, and good ol' Balloon Fighter is in front of her.

This is because I've actually played their games, and like their intends.

Ayumi comes third, as I've never played the game, but I think she could be very interesting.
As I don't know too much of her, I still wonder how Sakurai would pull her off. I believe she has much more potential than Mach Rider and Excitebike Racer, and therefore she is in the lead after Lip and BF.

You can safely assume I'd be in favor of her inclusion and therefore would like to lend the support.

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
I hope Ayumi does make it in, as a supporter of retro characters it would be nice to see more retro representation in Smash.
Also I'd like to join the supporters list as well, if you don't mind. :)

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
This is LaPailleDor, somebody who supposedly leaked K. Rool, Simon, Richter, Chrom, bosses (including Dracula), and stage morphing way back in July. Since the original post was removed, the leaker banned, posts not being editable after 10 minutes, and the only attempt at debunking is the moderator whom didn't have any substantial proof, it becomes a question of who you believe.

If you add this to the Vergeben rumor (whose sources now apparently believe there are two new SE reps rather than one thanks to Master0fHyrule who leaked the new Battlefield stage), then we have:

Isaac
Incineroar
Ayumi
Skull Kid
Sora
Geno
Reimu
Steve

Black Shadow
Ninten
Medusa
Ken

(Keep in mind that Vergeben himself has not validated the claim of a second SE newcomer. It's only assumption based on what Hyrule said who outright claims Sora and a high possiblity of Geno)

I don't know about you but this would be absolutely amazing. Yet, it feels much too good to be true. 12 characters to go with that many third parties coming?
I highly doubt there going to announce 12 more characters before release. Much like Loz this guy likely just got some early info and It's strange how he would not know about Dark Samus. On the other hand Sakurai does like tossing in some unexpected characters each game and we never do get all of the highly requested characters so Shadow missing would make sense.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Isaac
Incineroar
Ayumi
Skull Kid
Sora
Geno
Reimu
Steve

Black Shadow
Ninten
Medusa
Ken

The leak does not imply that Geno, Steve, Sora, or Incineroar are in. Take them out, and the leak heavily supports the blog theory.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Part of me seriously doubt this leak at all. Why would this resurface long after he got some characters right?

But the bright side is more activity here and more people to add to this list.

Rob has a different color scheme in Mario Maker. Japanese version
Which makes sense, because ROB has different appearances in both regions.

But yeah, there's no reason to have the Jam with the Band characters and Famicom characters be Jaoan only. At least that meant giving Ayumi more Western exposure.

Turns out two SE reps was a false lead anyways. Hyrule admitted on Twitter that he just essentially placed way too much faith in the Internet and used what Google results told him as "sources". Wow.

I don't trust LaPailleDor either, just because the leak was never heard from until it supposedly "resurfaced" long after the August direct. I so desperately want it to be true for Isaac, Ninten, and Ayumi, but it's sketchy.
My thoughts exactly. I have my doubts with this leak. Espeically with the sketchiness of it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm sorry, but why should we trust this guy?

Just how credible is he?

Top Bottom