• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't the third one be pretty difficult to translate? It had live voice acting, and I've never found a rom for it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wouldn't the third one be pretty difficult to translate? It had live voice acting, and I've never found a rom for it.
This is a good point. It will be near impossible to translate the BS Famicom Detective Club game for that reason alone and it needs the Sattellaview system to work.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is a good point. It will be near impossible to translate the BS Famicom Detective Club game for that reason alone and it needs the Sattellaview system to work.
At the same time, some Satellaview games have been found and dumped, such as the Kirby minigame ones. We may get lucky some day.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
BS Famicom Detective Club just can't be emulated at all. Unless someone has a special emulator with the Sattelaview features (which I doubt exists).

Even The Missing Hier is easier to handle in comparison.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
BS Famicom Detective Club just can't be emulated at all. Unless someone has a special emulator with the Sattelaview features (which I doubt exists).

Even The Missing Hier is easier to handle in comparison.
Damn, that's so unfortunate. A piece of gaming history, lost to the annals of time. I'd love to play it in it's original state. :(

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I think the fact that Ayumi even solved her own cases in the third game and she was considered over the Protagonist is proof that she is more deserving as the main playable Famicom Detective Club character.

The best role he can get is being her back-up in her moveset a la Toad/Maya Fey in Ultimate MvC3.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I think the fact that Ayumi even solved her own cases in the third game and she was considered over the Protagonist is proof that she is more deserving as the main playable Famicom Detective Club character.

The best role he can get is being her back-up in her moveset a la Toad/Maya Fey in Ultimate MvC3.
I'm telling you, You and Hitomi just pop out of hammerspace to help Ayumi out. It's foolproof.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm telling you, You and Hitomi just pop out of hammerspace to help Ayumi out. It's foolproof.
This would be the best approach fo Ayumi IMO.

Her and the Protagonist are a team and stuck together for most of the first few Famicom Detective Club games. Not sure on Hitomi, but she can join in two since she is one of her many friends.

Last edited:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman

At this point she's more "iconic" than the protagonist so to speak, being considered by Sakurai, getting a trophy in Melee, and appearing in Super Mario Maker.
I don't know if fans would react positively if the protagonist got in over Ayumi.
This would be the best approach fo Ayumi IMO.

Her and the Protagonist are a team and stuck together for most of the first few Famicom Detective Club games. Not sure on Hitomi, but she can join in two since she is one of her many friends.
Or maybe assist trophy?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
A Hitomi assist trophy would be hilarious. He shows up in the disguise outfit and when someone hits him it flies off and they get taken down by a punk who knows judo.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A Hitomi assist trophy would be hilarious. He shows up in the disguise outfit and when someone hits him it flies off and they get taken down by a punk who knows judo.
Lmao now that would be hilarious.

At this point she's more "iconic" than the protagonist so to speak, being considered by Sakurai, getting a trophy in Melee, and appearing in Super Mario Maker.
I don't know if fans would react positively if the protagonist got in over Ayumi.
This. SMM alone proves that she is the face of Famicom Detective Club.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I don't thinl there's any real doubt that she's more iconic than the Protagonist. She gets all the screen time and the Protag is a barely disguised insert for the player.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of this fanart of Ayumi that I commissioned on Fiverr? I like it but I think I am going to order another one in two weeks from another Artist(still of Ayumi) whose artwork I like a little better and who I didn't see on fiverr until after I ordered this one.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What do you guys think of this fanart of Ayumi that I commissioned on Fiverr? I like it but I think I am going to order another one in two weeks from another Artist(still of Ayumi) whose artwork I like a little better and who I didn't see on fiverr until after I ordered this one.

View attachment 168935
Now this just looks cute.

I love the details and colors of her outfit.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

View attachment 168935
This is just breathtaking and you commissioned this from Fiverr? Not bad.

Good luck on the other Ayumi commission.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

View attachment 168935
Fiverr, there's a name I haven't heard in years. This is great! Very cute and detailed. Looking forward to the other one as well. The more Ayumi art the better I say.

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet

View attachment 168935
Something about seeing such high quality art of an old nearly forgotten character makes me so happy. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Something about seeing such high quality art of an old nearly forgotten character makes me so happy. Thanks for sharing.
It is really nice seeing new fanart being made of her, I don't see that much these days, which is unfortunate.

And I don't think she's too forgotten, quite a couple people support her here after all! :D

Last edited:

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
It is really nice seeing new fanart of her, I don't see that much these days, which is unfortunate.

And I don't think she's too forgotten, quite a couple people support her here after all! :D
You're right, we still love her and the series! But were such a small subset of the overall Smash community.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

View attachment 168935
My goodness, this is absolutely breathtaking! To see such beautiful work on such an obscure character....

Seriously, this amazing piece alone is really reigniting my want for Ayumi right now. I mean, not that I didn't want her before, but...

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
My goodness, this is absolutely breathtaking! To see such beautiful work on such an obscure character....

Seriously, this amazing piece alone is really reigniting my want for Ayumi right now. I mean, not that I didn't want her before, but...
Yeah, I wanted to commission a fan art for a character and I picked Ayumi because Out of the many characters I want for smash I thought Ayumi would most benifit seeing as there is so little artwork, official or otherwise, of her. The artist did an excellent job capturing the spirit of the character despite having little reference to go off. he even nailed the tenseness of her soulders very well.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
It is really nice seeing new fanart being made of her, I don't see that much these days, which is unfortunate.

Yeah its not much but even a little helps.
I think Super Mario Maker helped too. Nintendo please notice us!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, I wanted to commission a fan art for a character and I picked Ayumi because Out of the many characters I want for smash I thought Ayumi would most benifit seeing as there is so little artwork, official or otherwise, of her. The artist did an excellent job capturing the spirit of the character despite having little reference to go off. he even nailed the tenseness of her soulders very well.
Indeed. I still like how the artist still nailed her personality even with little experience of what she's like. And it's true that she gets little fanart, even on Pixiv of all places which is Japan's own DeviantArt.

Yeah its not much but even a little helps.
I think Super Mario Maker helped too. Nintendo please notice us!
*fingers crossed*

Even Denoxkun Denoxkun gladly made his own Famicom Detective Club level for her to celebrate as a part of the Operation Tachibana movement we did in the past.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, I wanted to commission a fan art for a character and I picked Ayumi because Out of the many characters I want for smash I thought Ayumi would most benefit seeing as there is so little artwork, official or otherwise, of her. The artist did an excellent job capturing the spirit of the character despite having little reference to go off. he even nailed the tenseness of her shoulders very well.
I see! Say... this might be a bit... unorthodox to ask, but I don't you have enough for one more commission, do you? I'm asking for the Lip for Smash thread...

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I see! Say... this might be a bit... unorthodox to ask, but I don't you have enough for one more commission, do you? I'm asking for the Lip for Smash thread...
I don't understand what you are trying to ask me? Are you asking if I have enough money to pay for another Commission?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't understand what you are trying to ask me? Are you asking if I have enough money to pay for another Commission?
That's what he is asking. Just that it wasn't worded correctly.

But it's all up to you.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to ask. Sorry, I have an exam to study for (that I'm taking today, no less) and I've been at it literally all day today. So you know, I'm just feeling a bit 'off' right now...

But as Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan said, it's totally up to you. I'm not trying to force you or anything.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's what I was trying to ask. Sorry, I have an exam to study for (that I'm taking today, no less) and I've been at it literally all day today. So you know, I'm just feeling a bit 'off' right now...

But as Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan said, it's totally up to you. I'm not trying to force you or anything.
Yeah, im not going to the local anime convention this year so ill probably use the money i was going to use for that. Plus, i didnt really like Octopath traveler so ill probably trade that game in to save some money.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm looking forward to the next piece. This one looks mind-blowing enough, but I hope the next artwork of her looks just as good.

And it's true that DeviantArt has too little fanart that fits her character nor is drawn well. This is an example.

Jesus, those legs are far too long...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, im not going to the local anime convention this year so ill probably use the money i was going to use for that. Plus, i didnt really like Octopath traveler so ill probably trade that game in to save some money.
Really? Thank you! I'm sure the folks over at the Lip thread will appreciate it!

D

Deleted member

I don't wanna sound rude or such but... even with a lot of goodwill and artistic liberties... how does that look like Ayumi at all? Maybe I should look through pixiv later and see what they have there. Last time I checked there wasn't a lot though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't wanna sound rude or such but... even with a lot of goodwill and artistic liberties... how does that look like Ayumi at all? Maybe I should look through pixiv later and see what they have there. Last time I checked there wasn't a lot though.
Giving constructive criticism, thos legs and that style looks awful.

What? I still dont understand. Why do the people at lip thread care if i have enough money to order another commission of Ayumi?
Competition. Why do fans of retros always have to fight each other? Can’t they support each other?

Top Bottom