• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
According to this article by Famitsu. Roy, Lucas and Ryu were developed before the ballot. Now he says that "from now til the end, it will be fan service"

I know Daisy is a controversial character, but will she have the advantage of being a Mario series veteran on her side, or will her "spin-off" status, hinder her forever. It's up to all of us to decide!

This sounds like a cliché anime ending.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
According to this article by Famitsu. Roy, Lucas and Ryu were developed before the ballot. Now he says that "from now til the end, it will be fan service"

I know Daisy is a controversial character, but will she have the advantage of being a Mario series veteran on her side, or will her "spin-off" status, hinder her forever. It's up to all of us to decide!

This sounds like a cliché anime ending.
The cheesiness is real with that comment.

And yes, any Mario character is automatically a fan favorite and this literally screams "Daisy" all over (if you ignore the haters). Now comes the time when things have to be kicked into high gear now that we know that there's little room for pre-ballot choices.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The cheesiness is real with that comment.

And yes, any Mario character is automatically a fan favorite and this literally screams "Daisy" all over (if you ignore the haters). Now comes the time when things have to be kicked into high gear now that we know that there's little room for pre-ballot choices.
I know but Daisy is ridiculed for her "uselessness" and Birdo got axed from major spin-off because she was unpopular.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"Daisy's filler!"

Does make her appear in more games than your favorite character.
Yes, Daisy does have more appearances than Shantae and Impa because she's a fan favorite. :troll:

I know but Daisy is ridiculed for her "uselessness" and Birdo got axed from major spin-off because she was unpopular.
Right, there's still Geno to deal with since he has that massive following that puts him on a pedestal above the more "important" Mario characters. So a character that never appeared in a Mario game in years isn't useless? Ha, that's rich!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yes, Daisy does have more appearances than Shantae and Impa because she's a fan favorite. :troll:

Right, there's still Geno to deal with since he has that massive following that puts him on a pedestal above the more "important" Mario characters. So a character that never appeared in a Mario game in years isn't useless? Ha, that's rich!
Captain Toad and Waluigi Paper Mario are other contenders.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Captain Toad and Waluigi Paper Mario are other contenders.
Paper Mario does have a lot going for him due to having a new game (hopefully one that's not mediocre). It's only if they won't have a problem with three Marios and it didn't stop us from having three similar FE swordsman.

Captain Toad, he did have hype going for him at first but it appears to be slowing down as time goes by. Maybe people would rather have the real Toad or are idiotic enough to believe he can't jump in Smash (the nerve of these people :rolleyes:).

Burruni

Smash Hero
Paper Mario does have a lot going for him due to having a new game (hopefully one that's not mediocre). It's only if they won't have a problem with three Marios and it didn't stop us from having three similar FE swordsman.

Captain Toad, he did have hype going for him at first but it appears to be slowing down as time goes by. Maybe people would rather have the real Toad or are idiotic enough to believe he can't jump in Smash (the nerve of these people :rolleyes:).
We have FIVE Mario's in the game.
:4mario: Mario Mario
:4luigi: Green Mario
:4drmario: Dr. Mario
:4wario2: Bad Mario
and
:4ryu: Fighter Mario

At least Paper Mario would likely have a fully unique moveset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Daisy is the only new character introduced in MK: Double Dash!! that has continued to appear in all subsequent MK games. And I believe she's basically been in all other Mario spin-offs since the days of Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3. So at least she's consistently been around.

Here's the thing, though--within any series with a large roster like Mario Kart or Super Smash, I get that if you just keep every veteran and add to the roster, eventually it'll get immensely large. So it seems that some characters are destined to be mainstays, while others are featured as guests. Petey Piranha, Queen Bee, R.O.B. and likely Link will remain guests in MK, but once again Daisy is shown to be a mainstay, so that's good for her odds.

But in Smash Bros, I think Sakurai has to also be picky about characters from each franchise because so many are represented. In Hyrule Warriors, a game dedicated to Zelda games, there are tons of Zelda characters, but in Smash we only have 5. Not every franchise can have every important character represented in Smash. So...that's probably why we haven't seen Daisy so far. BUT...with DLC and the Smash Ballot, we can only hope that her votes outweigh the factors against her. If she is a semi-clone of Peach, I bet tons of people would flock to play her. Think about how many people love Luigi, Roy, Lucina, Falco, Lucas, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Toon Link, etc. for being a different spin on a familiar character.

/rambling long post

Burruni

Smash Hero
Daisy is the only new character introduced in MK: Double Dash!! that has continued to appear in all subsequent MK games. And I believe she's basically been in all other Mario spin-offs since the days of Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3. So at least she's consistently been around.

Here's the thing, though--within any series with a large roster like Mario Kart or Super Smash, I get that if you just keep every veteran and add to the roster, eventually it'll get immensely large. So it seems that some characters are destined to be mainstays, while others are featured as guests. Petey Piranha, Queen Bee, R.O.B. and likely Link will remain guests in MK, but once again Daisy is shown to be a mainstay, so that's good for her odds.

But in Smash Bros, I think Sakurai has to also be picky about characters from each franchise because so many are represented. In Hyrule Warriors, a game dedicated to Zelda games, there are tons of Zelda characters, but in Smash we only have 5. Not every franchise can have every important character represented in Smash. So...that's probably why we haven't seen Daisy so far. BUT...with DLC and the Smash Ballot, we can only hope that her votes outweigh the factors against her. If she is a semi-clone of Peach, I bet tons of people would flock to play her. Think about how many people love Luigi, Roy, Lucina, Falco, Lucas, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Toon Link, etc. for being a different spin on a familiar character.

/rambling long post

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

/rambling long post
That didn't stop Rosalina and the Koopalings from getting in. But they do have unique movesets. Then again, isn't Paper Mario unique because he's a 2D character in a 3D world? Wouldn't it defeat the point of being paper thin? Also, Mr.Game and Watch.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That didn't stop Rosalina and the Koopalings from getting in. But they do have unique movesets. Then again, isn't Paper Mario unique because he's a 2D character in a 3D world? Wouldn't it defeat the point of being paper thin? Also, Mr.Game and Watch.
This, and Paper Jam basically proves that he's a separate entity instead of being the same as Realistic!Mario.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
"Daisy's filler!"

Does make her appear in more games than your favorite character.
But I feel slightly pessimistic, she's ignored in the general character discussions of several forums. Instead a lot of people are bandwagoning on characters such as K.Rool and Issac and possibly Wolf.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmm, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , is there any way I can help with your "Vote for Daisy" campaign?
At this point, I'm slowly out of ideas at the moment. Me and @Hana Na Tahou's page had been getting little likes since the past few weeks. And while the Twitter page is active, we haven't got many new people to join. I've pretty much shared all the "Vote for Daisy" images I've made and they have at least 70 - 100 reblogs at best. I know that making a video myself wouldn't work since many people had done that before and I'm not professional enough to do so.

For now, I'm just seeing if people can push Omni to #Smashify her and I admit that I've been slacking off on that. This probably might be one of the biggest, if not, better ways to spread more publicity. Might think about editing more material and putting them on my DeviantArt since again, the last few weeks were a bit busy. July is coming soon and that's a sign that we need to get serious if we are going to get Geno levels of support. I think you and @Zeldaisy might have some things up your sleeves as well and I need great some ideas from the two of you.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
We have FIVE Mario's in the game.
:4mario: Mario Mario
:4luigi: Green Mario
:4drmario: Dr. Mario
:4wario2: Bad Mario
and
:4ryu: Fighter Mario

At least Paper Mario would likely have a fully unique moveset.
Don't forget Kid Mario or Robot Mario!

:4ness::4megaman:

BTW, there's another poll on Reddit right now. Daisy's in dead last yet again. We can still vote, though. Let's give this poll a sound thrashing and make sure she's not, like, dead last!

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3b36j6/various_smash_straw_polls/
I checked the third-party poll.

It has Shrek and Goku.

:ohwell:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Here's an updated one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3b4q5s/various_smash_dlc_character_polls_updated/

Though the only update appears to be Bayonetta in the third-party poll...

If its on Reddit forget about it, we all know that supporting her there is like throwing yourself at a pack of hungry wolfs.
Someone made a comment about Daisy not being a Peach clone:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3b36j6/various_smash_straw_polls/csirbpx

It's not that upvoted, but... it's not downvoted into the negatives, either.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Here's an updated one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3b4q5s/various_smash_dlc_character_polls_updated/

Though the only update appears to be Bayonetta in the third-party poll...

Someone made a comment about Daisy not being a Peach clone:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3b36j6/various_smash_straw_polls/csirbpx

It's not that upvoted, but... it's not downvoted into the negatives, either.
Amusing. Sometimes you can't even write her name because you are downvoted to the cranks......

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just got done playing on that horrid Miiverse stage with Peach only to find a post that said "Y U No Daisy?". I have a good feeling that plenty of Daisy related Miiverse posts would be trending in the Peach forum for that stage. :troll:

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Just got done playing on that horrid Miiverse stage with Peach only to find a post that said "Y U No Daisy?". I have a good feeling that plenty of Daisy related Miiverse posts would be trending in the Peach forum for that stage. :troll:
I submitted a "Vote 4 Daisy" post on the Peach forum.
I should go for Rosalina or Lucina next.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I saw some of the Rosalina posts have Daisy on them for obvious reasons.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just hope Sakurai does not get the wrong idea and instead of helping us by adding her, he doesn't end up hating us for being what haters and fanboys consider annoying.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Just hope Sakurai does not get the wrong idea and instead of helping us by adding her, he doesn't end up hating us for being what haters and fanboys consider annoying.
I don't get this?

Well us fans better get a move on and attract more people to this thread! I know @FalKoopa doesn't visit this thread anymore, he had some great insight. I think it worked better when @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan had that "Vote for Daisy" badge on display.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The guy that wrote the "Why U NO DAISY!" thing seems to be a HUGE fan of her. Look at his posts!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/brawlman188/posts
You actually found his posts? Nice job, He does seem like a huge fan himself. He better do us a favor and keep milking those posts so many would think about throwing a vote for her.

I don't get this?

Well us fans better get a move on and attract more people to this thread! I know @FalKoopa doesn't visit this thread anymore, he had some great insight. I think it worked better when @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan had that "Vote for Daisy" badge on display.
You mean I have to put that old avatar on again?

I might as well do so later this day since not many people are interested in my Azura thread lately (they would rather have Sir Barefoot Dragon Knight over her).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Top Bottom