• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now here comes my personal favorite, I would like to request @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan / or really someone who can edit and they wanna / to edit this with the captions something like "Here comes the queen of Smash" or something along those lines, also this edit has to be really polished because I feel like it gives her a rightful spotlight.

View attachment 58108

This edit has to be amazing, because I'll post the **** out of it (I'm serious) and I'll use it a lot until we get our picture of Daisy from smashified :troll:
Challenge accepted. :smirk:

Been waiting to do something for Daisy for a while with all the other favors I've done. And you're right, that is the best fanart of her in years (Queen of Smash is fitting enough).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I had the strangest dream. The final August DLC was announced....and the two remaining characters were Dixie Kong and Issac. But there was a photo of Shantae, looking all 3D, and the devs stated that she was a Peach skin, and that there would be hundreds of Peach skins in the future.

I cheered initially, but then I realised the disclaimer, they would still be named "Peach" and have her voice!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So you're already assuming that Daisy will be of an inferior tier if she gets in?:troll:
She would most likely be B tier at best since I don't see how she would be "broken" in any way compared to Rosalina. Daisy lacks the Hoo Hahs!, Sheik combos, or Rosaluma to be the best of the best. That is, if they want to make her DIHSO instead of going with the dress. :smirk:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I was initially against the idea of Daisy in Smash, mostly because I was assuming she would be best suited as an alternate costume or clone of Peach (more the former), but the idea of her being all sportsy and using moves from some of the Mario spinoff titles she's appeared in is more appealing to me.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_tumblr_nn185p8y6T1u5v83xo3_500.png
I was initially against the idea of Daisy in Smash, mostly because I was assuming she would be best suited as an alternate costume or clone of Peach (more the former), but the idea of her being all sportsy and using moves from some of the Mario spinoff titles she's appeared in is more appealing to me.
Thank you for seeing her potential, most fan boys just don't want anything to do with her. Is it weird or strange that I found those pics when listening to Rules of Nature from Metal Gear Rising? XD.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Yeah haha. Now Daisy. Is there some sexy Looney Toons character she's supposed to be? Betty Boop and Jessica Rabbit came to mind, but they obviously have nothing to do with this at all, haha.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yeah haha. Now Daisy. Is there some sexy Looney Toons character she's supposed to be? Betty Boop and Jessica Rabbit came to mind, but they obviously have nothing to do with this at all, haha.
Wabbits Luigi and Daisy off to wreak havoc on god knows where XD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Either way, Daisy is far more attractive than the likes of any of those characters, especially in that suit above.

Yeah, I said it.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I think I'd prefer Daisy in a more BA outfit. Like a Power Suit. Or Power Rangers outfit.

Think Yukari from Persona.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
How many characters do you guys think we will be getting from the Smash Ballot?

If we're getting a lot, like 5-7 characters, I could see Daisy being one of them.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Despite her potential I doubt Daisy will get in. She is nearly in the same boat as Waluigi, which is being near-perpetually stuck in spinoffs, sans the fact that she was in a mainline Super Mario title, which was Super Mario Land.

I think well get at least 3-4 more characters. I'm hoping for at least 5.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Oh K. Rool's gotta get in. There is very little doubt in my mind that he'll get in. Sakurai would have to be a fool not to bring him.

Everything's up in the air after that I think. Inkling could maybe get in despite the Mii Gunner costume. Daisy's pretty unlikely. I'd say that Wolf is most likely next to K. Rool.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Oh K. Rool's gotta get in. There is very little doubt in my mind that he'll get in. Sakurai would have to be a fool not to bring him.

Everything's up in the air after that I think. Inkling could maybe get in despite the Mii Gunner costume. Daisy's pretty unlikely. I'd say that Wolf is most likely next to K. Rool.
I hope Wolf is released in August so the Ballot could focus on newcomers.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So I was searching on Japanese forums to see whether there was Daisy support out there or not... Turns out there is. she's frequently mentioned in the DLC wish lists.

It's not groundbreaking but informs a poll where Daisy was in place 7.

Daisy's name looks like デイジー in Japanese
Excuse me, but can someone tell me the other names on that alongside Princess Daisy?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ice Climbers, Monster Hunter, Snake, Chrom, Don-chan, Pokemon Trainer. There are a few more I didn't get.
Don-chan's actually a requested character?

And now I'm starting to think that having a Taiko character as the second Namco rep wouldn't be a bad idea. :awesome:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Don-chan's actually a requested character?
And now I'm starting to think that having a Taiko character as the second Namco rep wouldn't be a bad idea. :awesome:
Eh, idk about another Namco character. I think Pac-Man does the job quite nicely.
Excuse me, but can someone tell me the other names on that alongside Princess Daisy?
Okay now here's the list, missing one because freakin' Kanji.

Ice Climbers, Monster Hunter, Snake, Waddle Dee, Bellsprout (wtf?), Daisy, Don-chan, Genesect, Micaiah (!), something in Kanji that I can't read, and Sora.

Idk what Bellsprout's doing there. I call grass-type, Sceptile-esque natured shenanigans. I mean I don't see why not, but..

Hm. Waddle Dee and Genesect are pipe dreams at this point, along with the Ice Climbers. Daisy is expectedly up there. I'm surprised that Micaiah's there. We should get Micaiah.

And I'd like to say Sora's too young of a third-party character.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think it is. But is licensing really an issue here? Is Sora Disney or Square Enix owned?
Both. But mostly under Disney now because they said so. And I don't think he's too young either, he's way over a decade old, and other characters are much younger and are in Smash.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think it is. But is licensing really an issue here? Is Sora Disney or Square Enix owned?
While he was created by a famous Square developer, Disney pretty much has the say in terms of everything about Kingdom Hearts.

They even forced Square Enix to make Dissidia a Final Fantasy fighter since they would rather not like the idea of their characters in violent situations (hence why we will never have a Kingdom Hearts fighting game).

Top Bottom