• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would like to be added too please. I have been for Daisy since day one. Together hopefully nintendo will finally listen and make her playable!
I've already added you since you've came to this thread the first time. Did you see if you were there at first?

No harm really done, I'm just saying. :p

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Can we all agree that Rosalina and Daisy rock while Peach isn't that great compared to them? Here's to hoping for Rosalina and Daisy to appear in future Mario games so we don't have to play as Peach alone!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes, yes you do.

Btw fellow Daisy Lovers, i'm still waiting for them to announce the year of Daisy for 2015-2016, while getting Daisy settled in the smash life~
Year to of Daisy? It would be a miracle if that were to happen one day, but having her in Smash is what we hope given it's the one time for us to unite as a force.

I've added you to the support list by the way and the hearts around your name are still intact.

That's all right. You can like any character you like, it's when fan turns into fan boy where the trouble comes.
Can we all agree that Rosalina and Daisy rock while Peach isn't that great compared to them? Here's to hoping for Rosalina and Daisy to appear in future Mario games so we don't have to play as Peach alone!
These two points I can agree with. Fans are perfectly fine, but it's the fanboys that absolutely makes a fandom look terrible. Take the Geno fans for example and why it's a bit difficult for me to sympathize with them on YouTube or Gamefaqs treat them like any other person who supports another Mario character (us, Toad, Waluigi, etc.).

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
That's all right. You can like any character you like, it's when fan turns into fan boy where the trouble comes.
To be honest, even though Rosalina is my second favorite out of the three gals, I REALLY want to become a fan of her as well, but it's just that the Rosalina fanboys make it hard for me to become a fan.

They sometimes over hype Rosie to a point where she's like Nintendo's love child, as well as to some other ridiculous levels. Due to Rosie's huge push, I think that they feel that Rosalina as well as themselves are on this pedestal of greatness.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
To be honest, even though Rosalina is my second favorite out of the three gals, I REALLY want to become a fan of her as well, but it's just that the Rosalina fanboys make it hard for me to become a fan.

They sometimes over hype Rosie to a point where she's like Nintendo's love child, as well as to some other ridiculous levels. Due to Rosie's huge push, I think that they feel that Rosalina as well as themselves are on this pedestal of greatness.
This is kinda reflected on Smash 4 itself. I main :rosalina: because of her many options to punish the opponent, I don't like her, but I always laugh when I win. She's probably the game's best character.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Fanbases does make liking a character really bad for most people, and that's really sad to me, but understandable. But that's really the people's fault, not the characters, as the characters are lovable and charming in there own special ways, and Rosie is that, with or with the fanbase of her. I don't need nor care about her fanbase to still like her because of my first impression I had of her since Galaxy, and that's where I loved her, and always will. Daisy has always been a doll for me, she's adorable and very attractive to me, I love tomboyish girls with attitudes. But I still like Rosie for being a graceful princess, and giving not only Galaxy 1 for me, being my favorite 3D Mario game ever, and giving what I liked about G1, a sense of story without feeling shoehorned in my face about it (and it was perfectly fine like that, Miyamoto :/). But for those that don't know how to feel about a character, thanks to their fanbase's attitude (I should know, Elsa of Frozen comes to mind, but after drawing her, I've honestly felt a little more liking to her now) but overall, like what you like, not what others like and how they like them and especially let them control your thoughts about a character, all because of how they act.

Do as you prefer, as long as you just enjoy what you like in the end, regardless what others do with these characters.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

This. The fanboys are so annoying that it's disgusting to see the lengths they go in insulting and bashing on others just because they feel that because Rosie appears in the main series makes relevant and Daisy who does not is thus making irrelevant and unnecessary to the series, they are forgetting that Daisy has been around for waaaaaaay longer than Rosie, fans did not ask for her to be back to the main series before because they were fine on how she appeared regularly, but seeing this one character with a 'tragic and sad' back story(for me it's not) and a pretty face come out of nowhere and take the spotlight so suddenly when Daisy has been around longer was the last straw, I don't hate Rosalina but her fanboys make it hard for me to actually like her, it does not help that she is becoming more Peach-like with each passing game, with the recent stuff that has been going on perhaps this is a small hint that they are starting to realize their mistake.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
This is kinda reflected on Smash 4 itself. I main :rosalina: because of her many options to punish the opponent, I don't like her, but I always laugh when I win. She's probably the game's best character.
No offense, but she is the newcomer i am least interested in, have seen how she plays and all but again not interested, i am looking forward to: Dark Pit, Lucina, Robin, Roy, Duck Hunt, Ryu(perhaps).

Burruni

Smash Hero
:4bowserjr: & :4shulk: are the only newcomers I reliably play.

Edit: :4villager: is to damn wonky, :4megaman: is projectiles - the character (love him being in, but can't play him) :4wiifit: is... too weird in hitboxes, :rosalina:is... just lackluster for power and is too much division of focus, :4littlemac:is someone I love playing for anytime that someone doesn't know how easy he is to counter, :4greninja: is 2 fast 2 weak, :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: are what they are, :4palutena: would be better if she didn't have 3 of 4 specials with pretty much the worst set up, :4lucina: is... :4marth:but overall weaker, :4robinm::4robinf: is someone I like but just can't stick around due to being garbage slow (coming from :4ganondorf: player, who has the power to back it up), :4pit::4darkpit: no real interest, and god damn it's like :4duckhunt: was MADE for me to be terrible with him. Oh... and I can't arcade fighter, so I can't play :4ryu: well.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
:4bowserjr: & :4shulk: are the only newcomers I reliably play.

Edit: :4villager: is to damn wonky, :4megaman: is projectiles - the character (love him being in, but can't play him) :4wiifit: is... too weird in hitboxes, :rosalina:is... just lackluster for power and is too much division of focus, :4littlemac:is someone I love playing for anytime that someone doesn't know how easy he is to counter, :4greninja: is 2 fast 2 weak, :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: are what they are, :4palutena: would be better if she didn't have 3 of 4 specials with pretty much the worst set up, :4lucina: is... :4marth:but overall weaker, :4robinm::4robinf: is someone I like but just can't stick around due to being garbage slow (coming from :4ganondorf: player, who has the power to back it up), :4pit::4darkpit: no real interest, and god damn it's like :4duckhunt: was MADE for me to be terrible with him. Oh... and I can't arcade fighter, so I can't play :4ryu: well.
This is one of the reasons I want Daisy in Sm4sh, we need a female heavy hitter and who better than her with her monster strength and speed? And Lucina is not that bad with all the nerfs Marth got, might as well hit equally with all the blade rather than a harder-than-ever to land tipper hitbox.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
This is one of the reasons I want Daisy in Sm4sh, we need a female heavy hitter and who better than her with her monster strength and speed? And Lucina is not that bad with all the nerfs Marth got, might as well hit equally with all the blade rather than a harder-than-ever to lan tiper hitbox.
I never liked :4marth::4lucina:or :4feroy:.
Hell, the only character Smash 4 for me to appreciate more is :4ness: after not liking him after the past 3 editions.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I never liked :4marth::4lucina:or :4feroy:.
Hell, the only character Smash 4 for me to appreciate more is :4ness: after not liking him after the past 3 editions.
In Melee Marth is better but this time around it seems Roy is better, prefer Roy though, I think the Crystal Smash fits Daisy better for a Final Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Was digging through Peach's page in the Japanese Miiverse and I wasn't surprised to see someone rallying for Daisy. In general, Japan's Miiverse is less perverted and terrible in comparison to the Anerican Miiverse.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037273112/14866558073691933046?date=2015-06-16
"Why that's good! That's very good! Yes! I like that!"
If the Japan fan base show enough support then we got this as Nintendo, like I said earlier posts, listens to east before west.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Was digging through Peach's page in the Japanese Miiverse and I wasn't surprised to see someone rallying for Daisy. In general, Japan's Miiverse is less perverted and terrible in comparison to the Anerican Miiverse.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037273112/14866558073691933046?date=2015-06-16
Wow....that right there is just sad....shows how bad Americans can be (I'm American, btw) when they always blame Japanese people for being perverts, just because of the stuff and talent they have over there, when it's no better over here. This is why I don't judge people for what they do, or you end up as a hypocrite.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Wow....that right there is just sad....shows how bad Americans can be (I'm American, btw) when they always blame Japanese people for being perverts, just because of the stuff and talent they have over there, when it's no better over here. This is why I don't judge people for what they do, or you end up as a hypocrite.
Correct. The only characters from the Mario series that I use in Smash are Peach and Luigi if Daisy was there, I'd use her as well, a friend asked me why didn't I want to use Rosalina, I simply said: Not interested. Partly because she somewhat plays like the Ice Climbers and never was a fan of em, but mostly because her play style does not interest me in the slightest.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No memes, no penis drawings, no trolling, and no stupid statements. It must be nice being able to go on Miiverse everyday there instead of the usual Bard level of terrible posts here.

Japan gets a concept that Miiverse is a fun place where you can post messages in a civil manner while the West think it has the potential of being the new 4Chan/Reddit. I feel sorry for the poor souls that even think about stepping foot into the Wii Fit U community (though pre-speculation Smash there was just as bad).

*shudders*

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
No memes, no penis drawings, no trolling, and no stupid statements. It must be nice being able to go on Miiverse everyday there instead of the usual Bard level of terrible posts here.

Japan gets a concept that Miiverse is a fun place where you can post messages in a civil manner while the West think it has the potential of being the new 4Chan/Reddit. I feel sorry for the poor souls that even think about stepping foot into the Wii Fit U community (though pre-speculation Smash there was just as bad).

*shudders*
Man is it really that bad? Perverted freaks....

And in the most popular Nintendo characters in the rule 34 aspect are the Mario bros princesses, so F that dude who burns amiibo just because Rosie is a 'hentai' character.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Man is it really that bad? Perverted freaks....

And in the most popular Nintendo characters in the rule 34 aspect are the Mario bros princesses, so F that dude who burns amiibo just because Rosie is a 'hentai' character.
Yes, been on the Miiverse stage plenty of times to see such terrible posts (which should be moderated to begin with) and even Gamefaqs is complaining about it.

And yeah, there are no exceptions when it comes to Rule 34 so Mariotehplumber is an idiot if he thinks that burning Rosalina Amiibos would accomplish anything. Might as well burn every female Amiibo while you're at it if you really want an "accomplishment". :rolleyes:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Fanbases does make liking a character really bad for most people, and that's really sad to me, but understandable. But that's really the people's fault, not the characters, as the characters are lovable and charming in there own special ways, and Rosie is that, with or with the fanbase of her. I don't need nor care about her fanbase to still like her because of my first impression I had of her since Galaxy, and that's where I loved her, and always will. Daisy has always been a doll for me, she's adorable and very attractive to me, I love tomboyish girls with attitudes. But I still like Rosie for being a graceful princess, and giving not only Galaxy 1 for me, being my favorite 3D Mario game ever, and giving what I liked about G1, a sense of story without feeling shoehorned in my face about it (and it was perfectly fine like that, Miyamoto :/). But for those that don't know how to feel about a character, thanks to their fanbase's attitude (I should know, Elsa of Frozen comes to mind, but after drawing her, I've honestly felt a little more liking to her now) but overall, like what you like, not what others like and how they like them and especially let them control your thoughts about a character, all because of how they act.

Do as you prefer, as long as you just enjoy what you like in the end, regardless what others do with these characters.
Thanks, very much! Your words mean a lot. I'm not saying that ALL Rosalina fans are ill like that, this is just an example that I like the character, but not the character's fan base.
This is one of the reasons I want Daisy in Sm4sh, we need a female heavy hitter and who better than her with her monster strength and speed? And Lucina is not that bad with all the nerfs Marth got, might as well hit equally with all the blade rather than a harder-than-ever to land tipper hitbox.
Yeah, agreed about Daisy. I always picture her with Fox-like speed, and bruiser-like Captain Falcon power, but with Zelda/Jigglypuff-like weight. Great speed and strength, but gets comboed and KOed easily to balance her out
Yes, been on the Miiverse stage plenty of times to see such terrible posts (which should be moderated to begin with) and even Gamefaqs is complaining about it.

And yeah, there are no exceptions when it comes to Rule 34 so Mariotehplumber is an idiot if he thinks that burning Rosalina Amiibos would accomplish anything. Might as well burn every female Amiibo while you're at it if you really want an "accomplishment". :rolleyes:
<Sigh> This is the same guy who bought millions of Rosalina Amiibos and resold 'em at a ridiculous price, and deliberately said that we'd do the same thing...! ALSO the same bum who is labeling Nintendo gals as 'hentai', just because of their hi def detail.

I swear, man...this Mariotehplumber guy is looney.:psycho:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Thanks, very much! Your words mean a lot. I'm not saying that ALL Rosalina fans are ill like that, this is just an example that I like the character, but not the character's fan base.

Yeah, agreed about Daisy. I always picture her with Fox-like speed, and bruiser-like Captain Falcon power, but with Zelda/Jigglypuff-like weight. Great speed and strength, but gets comboed and KOed easily to balance her out

<Sigh> This is the same guy who bought millions of Rosalina Amiibos and resold 'em at a ridiculous price, and deliberately said that we'd do the same thing...! ALSO the same bum who is labeling Nintendo gals as 'hentai', just because of their hi def detail.

I swear, man...this Mariotehplumber guy is looney.:psycho:
Speaking of Mariotehplumber....what is he up to now?

EDIT: Splatoon is hentai now? This guy exaggerates.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Was hangin around Reddit(ugh that place is seeping with poison) and saw that they were hosting a voting on who they chose in the ballot and as expected in that site the top picks where Isaac and K.Rool but Daisy got some votes and admitted that she is one of the most popular picks in the ballot, significant progress anyone?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Was hangin around Reddit(ugh that place is seeping with poison) and saw that they were hosting a voting on who they chose in the ballot and as expected in that site the top picks where Isaac and K.Rool but Daisy got some votes and admitted that she is one of the most popular picks in the ballot, significant progress anyone?
This I want to see! Source?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
This I want to see! Source?
Well they did not exactly admit it with words, when you look at the pic it says: "Which of these most popular characters in the ballot did you vote for?" And as for the source you can find it if you go Tumblr and search smash ballot.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
I've already added you since you've came to this thread the first time. Did you see if you were there at first?

No harm really done, I'm just saying. :p
Honestly no... Haha my bad. I was just excited by a new addition and hopped on the join train ✌

Last edited:

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Guys.

I have a confession.

I genuinely like :rosalina: more than Daisy.

But both are massively better than :4peach:

Hey that's totally okay! I think Rosalina is cool. I loved jumping on her in Galaxy and watching her shield pop up!

Personally though, I think her design is pretty poor... She looks like she's wearing a night gown from Walmart and earrings from Hot Topic...

Of course honestly I wish Daisy would be redesigned too. Ever since her redesign in Mario Party 4 she screams
Peach clone. I liked if her eyes were made turquoise like her gems, if she were tanner and had a yellow and white more Melee-era Daisy dress with flower patterns and her current crown. Her face also looks fat all the time...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hey that's totally okay! I think Rosalina is cool. I loved jumping on her in Galaxy and watching her shield pop up!

Personally though, I think her design is pretty poor... She looks like she's wearing a night gown from Walmart and earrings from Hot Topic...

Of course honestly I wish Daisy would be redesigned too. Ever since her redesign in Mario Party 4 she screams
Peach clone. I liked if her eyes were made turquoise like her gems, if she were tanner and had a yellow and white more Melee-era Daisy dress with flower patterns and her current crown. Her face also looks fat all the time...
Rosie looks more like a Peach clone, Her hair is almost the same, the crown is the same, they just made it silver and added a few details, and like I have sais countless times already, she is becoming more Peach-like personality wise with each passing game, Daisy on the other hand, the only things she has in common with Peach is the crown except hers has green jewels with her classical flower motiff instead of blue, the direction of the jewels is reversed as well and the gown which is exactly the same as Peach's, but other than that nothing else.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
http://41.media.tumblr.com/5f4e9bbf9c15dcd0c05b7a870a719fe6/tumblr_nqa5qm3hEf1uvnu4vo1_1280.jpg

WTF? Only 14 for Daisy? Ok honestly, I feel like many of these Smash Ballot charts are rigged. I definitely know that a lot more people are voting for Daisy than they say she is. I definitely know that she has more votes than those such as Sceptile, Bomberman, and.. Quote? I dunno who that is, but I've seen more Daisy support on the web than I have for any of these characters, besides King K Rool and Isaac. I don't want to sound conceited but realistically Daisy should be in at least 4th or 5th place.

Or maybe these are just Reddit's results.. cause it seems like Daisy is hated on GameFAQs and Reddit, but loved on DeviantART and Tumblr. Honestly, I have seen more Daisy support fan art than I have for any other character. People may say characters like Krystal or Paper Mario have more votes than Daisy, but I barely see any support or vote for me artwork for them.. I don't get that. Maybe people just assume other characters have higher votes than Daisy since they simply don't like her, and rule her out just because.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
http://41.media.tumblr.com/5f4e9bbf9c15dcd0c05b7a870a719fe6/tumblr_nqa5qm3hEf1uvnu4vo1_1280.jpg

WTF? Only 14 for Daisy? Ok honestly, I feel like many of these Smash Ballot charts are rigged. I definitely know that a lot more people are voting for Daisy than they say she is. I definitely know that she has more votes than those such as Sceptile, Bomberman, and.. Quote? I dunno who that is, but I've seen more Daisy support on the web than I have for any of these characters, besides King K Rool and Isaac. I don't want to sound conceited but realistically Daisy should be in at least 4th or 5th place.

Or maybe these are just Reddit's results.. cause it seems like Daisy is hated on GameFAQs and Reddit, but loved on DeviantART and Tumblr. Honestly, I have seen more Daisy support fan art than I have for any other character. People may say characters like Krystal or Paper Mario have more votes than Daisy, but I barely see any support or vote for me artwork for them.. I don't get that. Maybe people just assume other characters have higher votes than Daisy since they simply don't like her, and rule her out just because.
You know how Reddit and GameFaqs hate Daisy , I would not be surprised if they actually rigged their polls, but that's beside the point this proves that she is in the top picks.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I have a general question to all of you: Which Smash Ballot character have you seen has gotten the most support fan art, and videos? The answer does not have to be Daisy; pick which one you legitimately have seen has the most "Vote for me fan art". For me, it's Daisy, but that might just be because I am only searching up Daisy pics and no one else haha. Although, I did search for support fan art for characters such as Paper Mario, Captain Toad, and Bomberman and others and honestly there really isn't that much of it compared to the amount that Daisy has. This sort of makes me wonder whether Daisy is really low in the votes or perhaps she's in the opposite.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I have a general question to all of you: Which Smash Ballot character have you seen has gotten the most support fan art, and videos? The answer does not have to be Daisy; pick which one you legitimately have seen has the most "Vote for me fan art". For me, it's Daisy, but that might just be because I am only searching up Daisy pics and no one else haha. Although, I did search for support fan art for characters such as Paper Mario, Captain Toad, and Bomberman and others and honestly there really isn't that much of it compared to the amount that Daisy has. This sort of makes me wonder whether Daisy is really low in the votes or perhaps she's in the opposite.
2 things: 1 The people who hate her make it seem that there are a lot of em, when in truth there aren't that may.

2 A few that come to mind are: Shantae, Geno, Captain Toad, K.Rool, Paper Mario and a few of Wally. But yeah I see that Daisy has a lot of support going for her.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
You know how Reddit and GameFaqs hate Daisy , I would not be surprised if they actually rigged their polls, but that's beside the point this proves that she is in the top picks.
I wouldn't say she's in the top picks, but rather not obscure. A top pick would be someone like King K. Rool or Isaac.
Daisy not being put under "Other" is good, though.

I wanted to tell you guys about the Reddit survey, but my phone was acting weird and logged me out of my account...

Hmm... either Bandana Dee, King K. Rool, or Daisy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
King K. Rool, no contest. It would be too long of a story to even explain why his support his huge since it dates back to pre-Melee. The fact that Donkey Kong Country representation in Smash Wii U (Over 9000 Jungle Hijinx remixes and no Aquatic Ambiance?) is mediocre doesn't help.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
King K. Rool, no contest. It would be too long of a story to even explain why his support his huge since it dates back to pre-Melee. The fact that Donkey Kong Country representation in Smash Wii U (Over 9000 Jungle Hijinx remixes and no Aquatic Ambiance?) is mediocre doesn't help.
If Sakurai still ignores the K.Rool fans it means he does not want anything to do with him, just hope he does not give us Daisy fans the cold shoulder as well. And to @ E Edward Rochester , I was meaning top 15 - 17.

Last edited:
Top Bottom