• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

volbound1700

Smash Master
What happened to my very long "HI I'M DAISY" post that I presented to Falkoopa when he talked about her annoyance lol. I am surprised there are not more postings commenting about that.

Honestly, "Hi I'm Daisy" should be the name of this thread.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What happened to my very long "HI I'M DAISY" post that I presented to Falkoopa when he talked about her annoyance lol. I am surprised there are not more postings commenting about that.
Me? You were quoting Mario and Sonic Guy! :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah... Daisy's third eye. It doesn't appear in PAL versions of Melee, so when I heard of it, I was like "WTF?", but when I tried that in my game, there was no eye.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Honestly, "Hi I'm Daisy" should be the name of this thread.
Are you sure about that? It might annoy the viewers by refreshing their memories of that infamous quote. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Easy sollution. Take Peach, use her yellow alt color. Hire the actress that does Daisy's voice.

Don't change anything but the voice.

And instead of 'la la la la la la' as a taunt we'd have:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will spare you from the comment I was about the write...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Easy sollution. Take Peach, use her yellow alt color. Hire the actress that does Daisy's voice.

Don't change anything but the voice.

And instead of 'la la la la la la' as a taunt we'd have:

I can tell Lugi would break up with her after that. :awesome:

As for the idea on having different voices on alternate costumes, that would be something new for try for more variety. I can see it working well for characters like Pit and Peach. Though, I can tell Sakurai would joss it like he did to the idea of damage stats.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Haha Luigi deserves better. I think he is more interested in Rosalina after Galaxy. Perhaps Waluigi can go out with Daisy :troll:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Id like to see her finally get in to smash 4.

I could see her mabe being added as dlc, but it would be cool to see her get in.

And she had more than just a trophy in Brawl She also appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a number of stickers and her own trophy.

And has appeared in forty Mario series games to date.

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
Look like that is it... Rosalina has effectively replaced Daisy... I'm happy Rosalina is getting some shine but now Princess Daisy will fall further into obscurity. Hell Nintendo didn't even give her any real focus during that MK8 footage

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Yeah. I just wish she could have the spotlight more often. She is my favorite Mario character.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Feels like Daisy just became the third-wheel Princess/gal of the Mario Series this year with Rosalina being playable in Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and now Smash. It's a real shame since Daisy is actually my second favourite Mario character. Here's hoping that Sakurai will make a proper Peach costume. I'm not meaning just a reskin of Peach with brown hair like in Brawl. But one like Melee which changed her gloves or even her hair style. It is possible to change it without destroying her hitbox.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Feels like Daisy just became the third-wheel Princess/gal of the Mario Series this year with Rosalina being playable in Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and now Smash. It's a real shame since Daisy is actually my second favourite Mario character. Here's hoping that Sakurai will make a proper Peach costume. I'm not meaning just a reskin of Peach with brown hair like in Brawl. But one like Melee which changed her gloves or even her hair style. It is possible to change it without destroying her hitbox.
Perhaps will we get an alternate costume for Peach à la Male Wii Fit Trainer, with another voice, etc. That would be very cool for Daisy fans like me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Perhaps will we get an alternate costume for Peach à la Male Wii Fit Trainer, with another voice, etc. That would be very cool for Daisy fans like me.

After seeing Rosalina as her own separate character instead of being a costume, I can see this happening. The yellow palette swap can be something generic and not Daisy-like to avoid conflict with this true Daisy alternate costume. Being a high quality alternate costume like Man Fit Trainer would be the best option for an underrated character like her.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
It´s really sad that Peach and Rosalina are in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS but no Daisy. Daisy is my favorite Mario character. Maybe there is a better Daisy costume this time. But Deanna Mustard said shortly in an interview she takes a part in a secret game. Hm so maybe Daisy is an assist trophy, better then nothing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It´s really sad that Peach and Rosalina are in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS but no Daisy. Daisy is my favorite Mario character. Maybe there is a better Daisy costume this time. But Deanna Mustard said shortly in an interview she takes a part in a secret game. Hm so maybe Daisy is an assist trophy, better then nothing.
Source? (That is if you can find it). Either way, a high quality costume (not palette swap) or Assist Trophy would be fine with me. I do congratulate Rosalina for basically outshining all reoccurring Mario characters with her popularity and unique moveset though. Even I was in doubt that she would appear in Smash after her appearance in Super Mario 3D World. IT seemed unlikely to me back then until I seen the Direct and was utterly blown away.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Daisy being in this game would make me not want to buy it.

She's awful. Not even funny, memetic awful like Waluigi. She's just annoying and uninspired. She has no possibility for a unique moveset. Anything should could do could be done better by someone else. Praise Miyamoto that there's no way she's getting in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Daisy being in this game would make me not want to buy it.

She's awful. Not even funny, memetic awful like Waluigi. She's just annoying and uninspired. She has no possibility for a unique moveset. Anything should could do could be done better by someone else. Praise Miyamoto that there's no way she's getting in.
I'm afraid your right, her and Waluigi are basically the most controversial characters in the Mario fandom (Junior is off the hook since the Koopalings been back a while ago). Waluigi is considered an unoriginal filler character while Daisy wasn't developed as a character in a good way during her run in spinoffs ("Hi I'm Daisy", ect.). Makes me wish they could make a New Super Mario Land in the vein of New Super Mario Bros. since they love milking the **** out of side-scrolling Mario games nowadays. The worst part is that the guy behind the games may replace Miyamoto when ever he retires. Though, I'm not really surprised why the Internet exploded with"Rosalina diss Daisy" imagery after the Nintendo Direct.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I have been a Daisy fan for a long time, and since before Brawl, It would be a dream come true if she could be an actual playable character, and not just a palate swap (because, to me, even with the palate swap, Peach is still Peach). I know that Rosie is confirmed, so for me, that's two down and one to go! And even if it's not this Smash, I highly anticipate her debut in any other Smash, regardless of all the criticisms she's received about not being as important as 'said' Mario character. It's just nice to be optimistic, and keeping that passion alive.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am fairly certain the sixth slot goes to either Paper Mario, or Toad.

Also, OP.... she is the King K Rool of the Mario Franchise? What? no... no this is gruesomely untrue.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can you defend Paper Mario/Toad over Bowser Jr?
(In the context of Smash Bros, not Mario)
Well, Paper Mario because he is an entire series, full separate from Mario's main franchise and evenmoreso than Yoshi, even DK (which I'd also be happy to explain, I'm aware DK has never been in a main Mario game).
But most importantly, if we have two Links, and two Zeldas, it is absurd to not have a second Mario, and this version is the one that is so completely new. It also opens options for him to play just... entirely differently.

Toad- I can defend this, but it would turn into the Toad thread, because despite how much I see certain facts as irrefutable, some argument, likely one that is not based in logic, will come along and stick for eternity.
But in short, Bowser Junior hasnt even been around in Mario's past few games, whereas Toad's popularity has seen a rennaisance.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I am fairly certain the sixth slot goes to either Paper Mario, or Toad.

Also, OP.... she is the King K Rool of the Mario Franchise? What? no... no this is gruesomely untrue.
That was a bad joke on my part. :troll:

But yeah, Daisy had lost her chance to be playable thanks to Rosie. She just needs a major role in a non-spinoff Mario title to fix it.

Top Bottom