• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Easy, boy. What I meant with my examples of Zelda characters is that they are just as (if not more) popular and well-known than Wolf and Falco, just because Zelda is a really popular franchise (you can't deny that). If they are going to include Wolf and Falco, they might as well be consistent and include Zant, Onox, Goron and Zora.

And to be honest, I don't think the rest of the world thinks that Starfox is that great. It has just as many representatives as Kirby. I find that hilarious. I wouldn't say that there is a demand for new Starfox games in the same degree of other Nintendo franchises. But I might be wrong.

Ontopic (lol, I dislike when you have to go ontopic... Seems so forced...): Daisy is indeed a worthy representative for Smash. She is probably more well-known than Wolf.
Bad logic with those 4 Zelda picks. Falco and Wolf are at least in multiple games as their own characters, not a race from the series. They don't deserve the number of reps they have yes. Very yes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thanks, I'd like to know if Daisy should have some changes to the moveset.

Down B- A clone of Peach's turnips. Daisy pulls out a dodgeball / soccer ball and throws it.

Final Smash- Daisy Cruiser, the Daisy Cruiser hits the closest opponent and they are seen drowning. The Daisy Cruiser then hits the person sending ten straight down.

:phone:
Since the soccer ball item is in danger of not returning in the sequel, I'd consider the down special is both a Sports Mix and Strikers reference.

The Daisy Cruiser is the perfect idea of a Mario Kart reference since it would be like Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon. Though, I'd have a something smaller like a motorboat hitting the foe before the "being drowned by the Daisy Cruiser cinematic".

Nice job!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
People, I'd suggest getting back on-topic, as the last set of posts had absolutely no relations with Princess Daisy.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Maybe Daisy drops a lifeboat on them instead?

Also for the down smash. She pulls out two ski polls and does a 360 hitting people with the polls.

jigglover

Smash Lord
What the hell does a lifeboat have to do with Daisy?
On that note, I don't think that MASATWOG should be represented in smash, MSM should.
The Daisy cruiser is a brilliant idea, by the way.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The Daisy cruiser is the reference to Mario kart, the only time you ever see a life-boat associated with Daisy are the 2 or 3 piles of them on the track Daisy cruiser. If they just put the life-boats into smash, then I for one would not (or at least wouldn't have if it is miraculously in) and a doubt at least 7/8 of players will.
Just leave it as the daisy cruiser, it's the best part of the whole move-set. (It's a good set, don't worry, it's just my favourite move! :D)

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I am not in favour of a life boat in a moveset in any way. I just described what I think the author of the moveset was thinking.

Personally, I'd like to see Daisy inspired by her Striker or Tennis outfit with a moveset accordingly...

Williamt101

Smash Rookie
I'm all for a new female but not a pallet swap of Peach. I'm aware she has a different personality and whatnot but she should just stay as a pallet swap for Peach and we just add a different mario character like Toad, Bowser Jr. or Waluigi. all are more interesting and two are far more deserving
You obviously haven't read my arguement earlier....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Either that or as an exclusive DLC character since Nintendo should start considering it like any other fighting game one way or another.
that brings me a curious question... what if Sakurai said he's not focusing on adding a lot of characters during development, instead focusing on new features, because he plans to expand the roster via DLC?

I've heard that Sakurai wanted DLC on Brawl, but since the Wii didn't support it, he dropped the idea. after all, Final Smashes were intended since SSB64 and were added later in the series. something similar could happen...

that way, the roster would keep the more important characters, while keeping the lesser ones, like Daisy, for DLC.

do note that Nintendo is already betting on DLC for its games, as we can see in NSMB2, FE Awakening and the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which will have DLC dungeons.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
that brings me a curious question... what if Sakurai said he's not focusing on adding a lot of characters during development, instead focusing on new features, because he plans to expand the roster via DLC?

I've heard that Sakurai wanted DLC on Brawl, but since the Wii didn't support it, he dropped the idea. after all, Final Smashes were intended since SSB64 and were added later in the series. something similar could happen...

that way, the roster would keep the more important characters, while keeping the lesser ones, like Daisy, for DLC.

do note that Nintendo is already betting on DLC for its games, as we can see in NSMB2, FE Awakening and the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which will have DLC dungeons.
This to infinity. That ought to make every single Daisy fan shed tears of joy. :')

Though I do agree that they should focus more on quality (new features) instead of quantity (loads of characters) in this next project.

jigglover

Smash Lord
DLC will ruin smash. What's the point in bothering to make a roster if you just release the other 3/4 over a long period of time. It seems to me like this would, for one, ruin speculation, which is what all of you are here for(!), and two, minimizes the point of getting a game first anyway. They may as well just say, here is a bare disc, over the next 10 years we'll release the rest of the game for you to enjoy!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm okay with the idea of smash 4 having DLC characters. As long as they don't do what Capcom did with SFxT.

@jigglover

Would you change your mind if ShyGuy or Baby Bros. was revealed?:troll:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I think that any characters who were cut should be DLC along with characters who could easily be added or were planned but go in because of time constraints.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
no matter what, there will be people complaining about how <insert character here> isn't in the game. DLC may correct that. but it must be done correctly, too.

I've heard that Nintendo has a policy of developing DLC only after the game has been released, so I think they won't pull a Capcom on us. Just saying.

all right, all this question about DLC and how it would work for online isn't too complicated. in the occasion where someone online uses a DLC character, all the game would have to do is to recieve its data temporarily and delete it after an online session. that's just an idea...

jigglover

Smash Lord
@jigglover

Would you change your mind if ShyGuy or Baby Bros. was revealed?:troll:
I've been labelled as someone who supports random characters who don't have a big shot haven't I. And yes, I might if it brought in all of the characters I want in, but then it would have to be on 20 discs! :/ This does include every pokemon except for a couple, in fact, here's one right now!

Metapod:
Neutral B, harden: Metapod gains super armor for a second.
Down B: -
Up B: -
Side B: -
FS: -

Perfect!

The problem with DLC though, is where to put the boundary. DLC would be a huge risk, since too much DLC would take importance and play value from the next game(s) in the series due to not being able to bring much new stuff. Too little DLC will make the credential of the game go down and the official critique would probably go down, no matter how slightly. Of course there would also be some kind of uproar, but that would happen about DLC if it wasn't in, because they'd say it should have been, if there was too much, it might not effect that game's but it would some in the future, too little, they would always be saying it had much potential and is rather enjoying, but they should've built on it more, like WiFi in brawl. Unfortunately, there would also be some kind of uproar if it pleased the majority of people, but just to a lesser extent. Smash bros. is a little bit screwed with the mention of DLC, since either way it gets in it effects the game/series in some way, and it would cause an even bigger uproar if Sakurai tries avoiding it altogether.:urg:

Edit: Lol, 2 comments in he time it took me to write that!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've been labelled as someone who supports random characters who don't have a big shot haven't I. And yes, I might if it brought in all of the characters I want in, but then it would have to be on 20 discs! :/ This does include every pokemon except for a couple, in fact, here's one right now!
"You say that like it's a bad thing!" - Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

I remembered this quote as soon as I read that. Guess who's on my sig?

A lot of characters I support, I admit that they are very unlikely, like Anna or Cynthia, but I still demonstrate my support anyway so... I don't think there's a problem with that.

The problem with DLC though, is where to put the boundary. DLC would be a huge risk, since too much DLC would take importance and play value from the next game(s) in the series due to not being able to bring much new stuff. Too little DLC will make the credential of the game go down and the official critique would probably go down, no matter how slightly. Of course there would also be some kind of uproar, but that would happen about DLC if it wasn't in, because they'd say it should have been, if there was too much, it might not effect that game's but it would some in the future, too little, they would always be saying it had much potential and is rather enjoying, but they should've built on it more, like WiFi in brawl. Unfortunately, there would also be some kind of uproar if it pleased the majority of people, but just to a lesser extent. Smash bros. is a little bit screwed with the mention of DLC, since either way it gets in it effects the game/series in some way, and it would cause an even bigger uproar if Sakurai tries avoiding it altogether.:urg:

Edit: Lol, 2 comments in he time it took me to write that!
It's a matter of keeping it balanced, really. I see them releasing some characters, but not an overkill amount of them. I mean characters that are more secondary, but still known within the fans of the series. Characters like Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr. or Rosalina certainly qualify for the Mario series, for example. for the Zelda series, we have Tingle, Impa, Ghirahim or Skull Kid. for the DK series, we have Dixie, Cranky or Funky.

some characters could be just costumes with more aesthetical changes besides visuals, like Dry Bowser or some dark counterparts of characters. another nice idea could be switching between Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword appearences for adult Link.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Apparently, Princess Peach and Daisy is in Wreck It Ralph since I just seen the movie. At least that makes up for the lack of the Mario Bros. since Nintendo want's to play the high fee game.

jigglover

Smash Lord
SmasherMaster, I've just remembered he can learn electroweb as well! Maybe it's final smash doesn't have to be a pokemon move. So....
Metapod:
Neutral B - harden: Metapod gains super armor for a second.
Down B - Electroweb: Plants an electroweb where it was just standing and if an opponent walks over it they get pit-falled and HP gets sapped while they are trapped.
Up B: - String Shot: Similar to Ivysaur and Olimar's Up B.
Side B: - Tackle.
FS: - Caterpie Rage: Metapod calls Caterpies onto the field to attach to all of the players and use bug bite for about 10 seconds, dealing 2 damage a second for each Caterpie, but if all 40 attach onto one opponent, then he's screwed.

Perfect!

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Jiggs, I know you accidentally posted that Metapod moveset in the Daisy Thread, and it was totally an accident...

But it's still hilarious to imagine Daisy using Caterpie Rage.

AngelicParabola

Smash Rookie
I support Daisy as well as the idea for DLC. That way everyone gets a little of what they want, and it keeps the game refreshing.

Williamt101

Smash Rookie
You obviously ignored my entire write up of points to why there are characters who deserve a spot in smash far more than Daisy.
Despite your biased views, I tried my hardest to pay attention to your desultory that revolved solely around calling daisy a color swap. However, I could only respond to so much to your repetitive epigrams. Before you retort, I would like you to know in advance that I'm not going reply unless you produce an argument that differs from all your past comments in any way.

D

Deleted member

I don't mind Daisy becoming a newcomer. But the playable roster cannot contain too many Mario series characters. She would be a good addition for female character. The only idea I have for her is her original design as her alternative costume.

This is her original design. Although I can't bring up her third eye thing.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Just like Waluigi and Wario, I feel like Daisy is under utilized in the Mario Brothers main series. She is in all the spin-offs but she isn't in a main game. I am sure there could have been a way for her and the Wario Bros to make a cameo at least in the Galaxy series or NSMB series but no it doesn't happen.

Funny thing is I feel like she has a better chance (along with Waluigi right now) to make an appearance in some form for the Smash series then the main Mario series.

D

Deleted member

Ah, I remember this in Melee. I wouldn't be surprised if she really did have third eye. :awesome:
When I first notice it, I thought it was a glitch. This implied that this caused her to undergo a redesign. With pale skin, shoulder length hair, and same dress design as Peach.

Top Bottom