• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
People on Smashboards don't want Daisy in Smash. Oh, well I guess that's not really significant.

The thing is, though, something's weird with this poll because I've never seen Ivysaur more wanted than Daisy, and that's the case with this poll. And, as we all know, Smashboards does not represent everyone who votes on the Smash Ballot. And....rankings in the official ballot don't guarantee anything.

I think that as long as a character makes it into the top 50 or so on the Smash Ballot then Sakurai would probably at least take notice and think about it. And I definitely think Daisy has already made it that far. Sakurai's bound to come across her name on the ballot results, so it's really just a matter of whether he thinks she could be worked into Smash.
Hello there, your recent conversation seems interesting. (not saying the other ones weren't, but time is always against me)
Wanted to share you something, because I don't know if you talked of it.
On the same website where the poll is, there is another poll that shows Japan's most wanted characters (and they are quite strange, voting for Roy but yeah... why not...), and Daisy is actually really low. Under Viridi (and I thought she wouldn't even appear on a poll), at the 44th rank. Japanese people may actually don't care at all (that would explain why she isn't that much on the spot) about her, but if that eventually (you see how I insist there?) represents the West's opinion too, well... Good luck for her. Knowing the West actually talks a lot about Shantae and Shovel Knight, and perhaps other characters too, she's not so high in the poll.
Knowing that, I don't even think she could make it in the top ten. Seeing how other characters are way more requested...

Oh, and I didn't want to make you hopeless :ohwell:, it's just the facts here are kind of sad news for you guys. I suppose she'll be at a higher rank in the official poll, but that doesn't guarantee she is in the top ten (or even twenty). And top ten is kind of important, knowing only 5 characters will be taken.

If you already talked about it, then sorry, but I gave my opinion at least :smash:

(also, the link: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/)

Someone is about to face the dreaded Palutena in combat. And her name is DAISY CEEEEEEEENAAAAAA! *cue theme song*

Okay, Palutena's face is kind of scary and her eyes are incredibly big but... nice pic. Crownless Nintendo royalties are the best.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The good news is that PushDustIn's new results based on Japan's ballot requests are finished. Though the bad news is that Daisy's popularity had taken a huge hit since the last time, even a character like Waluigi beats her out like in the West. Maybe they are finally confident that Assist Trophies with enough requests can be playable?

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
The good news is that PushDustIn's new results based on Japan's ballot requests are finished. Though the bad news is that Daisy's popularity had taken a huge hit since the last time, even a character like Waluigi beats her out like in the West. Maybe they are finally confident that Assist Trophies with enough requests can be playable?

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/
Man, talk about a major blow to morale...., doesn't matter to me though, I already made my choice and I'll see where that takes me.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Man, talk about a major blow to morale...., doesn't matter to me though, I already made my choice and I'll see where that takes me.
True, most characters that have little to no requests still have their dedicated fans. And the way this poll turned out took a turn for the best with the underdogs going strong (Viridi, Banjo, etc) and the meh choices being forgotten (Shiren, Magnus, etc). In the end, it will be all up to adding the requests of all nations to get an idea of who's where and chances are that we might be able to see that next month.

D

Deleted member

True, most characters that have little to no requests still have their dedicated fans. And the way this poll turned out took a turn for the best with the underdogs going strong (Viridi, Banjo, etc) and the meh choices being forgotten (Shiren, Magnus, etc). In the end, it will be all up to adding the requests of all nations to get an idea of who's where and chances are that we might be able to see that next month.
With any luck, Daisy may see yet another resurgence of sorts eventually, even though right now she's kinda sitting on the sidelines. I mean I thought DK Jr. was gone for good, but he's showed up in Mario Maker. Toadette went from appearing first in a spin-off to being playable in kinda a mainstream game, so I think someone at Nintendo, sometime, will decide to do more with Daisy than what has been done up to this point. Perhaps today is not that day though.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
With any luck, Daisy may see yet another resurgence of sorts eventually, even though right now she's kinda sitting on the sidelines. I mean I thought DK Jr. was gone for good, but he's showed up in Mario Maker. Toadette went from appearing first in a spin-off to being playable in kinda a mainstream game, so I think someone at Nintendo, sometime, will decide to do more with Daisy than what has been done up to this point. Perhaps today is not that day though.
Really hope that's the case.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Call me big-headed or naive, but personally, I refuse to believe any poll that has Daisy as really low. She is being voted by soo many people on Tumblr, DeviantART, YouTube, and other places like Pixiv. Honestly she is the character who I've seen with the most "Vote for me" fan art, more than another character. But then again, one Daisy hater once told me that it's probably because Daisy fans are a "vocal minority", which is probably why there are so many "vote for Daisy" pictures and videos than other characters, who's fans simply just vote for them instead of campaigning like us Sarasaland angels do.

Also, if you look at the polls, look at the numbers. Ummm it's only around 0 to 100 people. That is a really small amount. I think we would get true results when Nintendo truly reveals the full ballot poll with over 500,000 people. 100, to me, is a super small amount when it comes to tallying votes.

Anyway, I truly belive that Daisy will be DLC. Not for a future Smash 5, but for Smash 4. As in Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS. Maybe I'm just too confident, but still. ILOVEDAISY4EVER!!!

I also drew a new Daisy artwork for my animated series, Super Mario Revival. She wears her sports outfit in my series, has tanner skin than Peach, and also a slightly thicker build than Peach.

Originally in my series, Daisy wore her dress, but I wanted to distinguish her from Peach so I have her the sports outfit an slightly darker skin. Old Daisy artwork:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Call me big-headed or naive, but personally, I refuse to believe any poll that has Daisy as really low. She is being voted by soo many people on Tumblr, DeviantART, YouTube, and other places like Pixiv. Honestly she is the character who I've seen with the most "Vote for me" fan art, more than another character. But then again, one Daisy hater once told me that it's probably because Daisy fans are a "vocal minority", which is probably why there are so many "vote for Daisy" pictures and videos than other characters, who's fans simply just vote for them instead of campaigning like us Sarasaland angels do.

Also, if you look at the polls, look at the numbers. Ummm it's only around 0 to 100 people. That is a really small amount. I think we would get true results when Nintendo truly reveals the full ballot poll with over 500,000 people. 100, to me, is a super small amount when it comes to tallying votes.

Anyway, I truly belive that Daisy will be DLC. Not for a future Smash 5, but for Smash 4. As in Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS. Maybe I'm just too confident, but still. ILOVEDAISY4EVER!!!

I also drew a new Daisy artwork for my animated series, Super Mario Revival. She wears her sports outfit in my series, has tanner skin than Peach, and also a slightly thicker build than Peach.

Originally in my series, Daisy wore her dress, but I wanted to distinguish her from Peach so I have her the sports outfit an slightly darker skin. Old Daisy artwork:

Mona is in your series? Where do I sign up watch this?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Just going to tell my experience that having a big support base is really not = to having a strong one.

If daisy has a strong one, the polls would tell us that it's not a big enough one.

By contrast, I can tell you that Paper Mario always get top 10 and I consider his support base to be VERY silent. Seriously, it;s very scattered so it;s hard to have them vocal since you have to dig deep with google or something.

It just happens that the most silently supported just sometimes are more wanted. The poll kinda tells which one would be in what category :)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Just going to tell my experience that having a big support base is really not = to having a strong one.

If daisy has a strong one, the polls would tell us that it's not a big enough one.

By contrast, I can tell you that Paper Mario always get top 10 and I consider his support base to be VERY silent. Seriously, it;s very scattered so it;s hard to have them vocal since you have to dig deep with google or something.

It just happens that the most silently supported just sometimes are more wanted. The poll kinda tells which one would be in what category :)
Like how our support thread is almost twice as large as the Dixie thread is but everyone approves her as a good choice

image.jpg

while Daisy......

image.jpg

Look at how many "NO" votes she has! What's even worse is that every time people bring up Daisy, she's often seen as undeserving because of her visual similarities to Peach and Mario Sports/Party/Kart appearances.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Like how our support thread is almost twice as large as the Dixie thread is but everyone approves her as a good choice

View attachment 73288

while Daisy......

View attachment 73289

Look at how many "NO" votes she has! What's even worse is that every time people bring up Daisy, she's often seen as undeserving because of her visual similarities to Peach and Mario Sports/Party/Kart appearances.
Mario might be considered overrepped for now, or doesn't need a new rep like DK does.
I don't believe Daisy's exactly hated here, just considered unneeded for now.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Mario might be considered overrepped for now, or doesn't need a new rep like DK does.
I don't believe Daisy's exactly hated here, just considered unneeded for now.
Not really, if you look at Paper Mario (a third Mario!) and Captain Toad/Toadette, you will see that they both have higher approval rates that Daisy. Also, many have came to the conclusion that Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise and it can get as many reps as needed.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Not really, if you look at Paper Mario (a third Mario!) and Captain Toad/Toadette, you will see that they both have higher approval rates that Daisy. Also, many have came to the conclusion that Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise and it can get as many reps as needed.
First, do not call Paper Mario a third Mario like you should not call Daisy an Orange Peach.
Paper Mario has a highly acclaimed RPG series of his own with its own items, powers and mechanics.

Captain Toad also has a game of its own, on top of having the legacy of a generic Toad but with moveset potential.

Key-word here is can.
Many others have come to the conclusion DK is in need of a new representation.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

View attachment 73288

while Daisy......

View attachment 73289

that poll btw I think does have a bit of bias on the 1 because i got a similar situation with most characters including paper mario.

The differences is the amount however, like if I add the 4 and 5 and compare the 1 and 2......it gives very drastically different results.

And I guess if you were to compare the average it would be very different.

So, the only thing conclusive you can tell is that daisy hate hatebase is much bigger than the paper mario one, which tbh, as of late with all the poll data that I got, I began to be less and less surprised by this (I just realised that paper mario is VERY silently wanted). In fact, what I am surprised is how much 3 paper mario is getting, that and his 1 combined gives a higher number than daisy (the 3 might beat the 1).

But yeah, that poll might be biased, you can still draw conclusion out of that.

First, do not call Paper Mario a third Mario like you should not call Daisy an Orange Peach.
Paper Mario has a highly acclaimed RPG series of his own with its own items, powers and mechanics.

Captain Toad also has a game of its own, on top of having the legacy of a generic Toad but with moveset potential.

Key-word here is can.
Many others have come to the conclusion DK is in need of a new representation.
pretty much this, like the thing I eventually got with paper mario is if the fact that he was a third mario was THAT much of a problem,, I have to logically admit that it's not enough to make a differences because on most polls I see, it;s so damm consistent. You can;t have so much consistencies in polls and have something that makes people hate you so much so yeah.

Now, here;s the issue, if people don;t have that much of a problem for paper mario as I saw with these polls, then it's mysterious why daisy is taken at a completely different degree. What;s her problem then? Look, if paper mario can be fine being taken as a third mario (granted, paper jam helps, but not this much), than why daisy can;t be taken while the only relation she has to peach is they are both princess?

That is mostly what I wondering because to be hated so much, there;s just gotta be a reasons that for some reasons bigger than the one on paper mario......

Troykv

Smash Master

View attachment 73288

while Daisy......

View attachment 73289

The Daisy's votes are aa high as the Micaiah's ones.

1 656 42.7%
2 168 10.9%
3 454 29.6%
4 117 7.6%
5 141 9.2%

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

View attachment 73288

while Daisy......

View attachment 73289

Bias, and haters at its best, and don't be surprised about this, you know how haters react overall.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Bias, and haters at its best, and don't be surprised about this, you know how haters react overall.
Yeah, I bet...if any other Mario character is brought up, they make it seem like a good idea for a new character, but when Daisy is brought up, we don't need anymore Mario reps, all of a sudden. We can definitely smell their bias over a mile away.

But real talk, I just wish that Daisy is treated as any other normal character in the franchise. It's just heartbreaking that she can't have that kind of luxury. Just, how can people be so insensitive???:(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eeeeeyup, they think they are so tough when they use them fighting words on how irrelevant she is. But if I were to meet them in real life, things would be different since this big guy knows how to kick *** and they would probably to afraid to approach me like the other poor souls I've met.

And people say that gamers are weak fatties that don't know how to fight. But I am a legit fighter and if my last physical clash with my more experienced girlfriend is anything to go by, I would have zero problem taking on a certain Nabbit fanboy in a few years.
Though that's a subject to save for another day since this is the Daisy thread after all. :lol:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Eeeeeyup, they think they are so tough when they use them fighting words on how irrelevant she is. But if I were to meet them in real life, things would be different since this big guy knows how to kick *** and they would probably to afraid to approach me like the other poor souls I've met.

And people say that gamers are weak fatties that don't know how to fight. But I am a legit fighter and if my last physical clash with my more experienced girlfriend is anything to go by, I would have zero problem taking on a certain Nabbit fanboy in a few years.
Though that's a subject to save for another day since this is the Daisy thread after all. :lol:
Do you even lift, bro?

I think punching someone would be a little extreme XD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do you even lift, bro?

I think punching someone would be a little extreme XD
Yes I do, everyday to be exact. I make sure to build my limbs and other necessary parts in order to give me that tank body. I'm like the closest thing to Wario's body type in real life (but with longer legs and less meaty face).

And you're right, punching someone would be a bit too extreme (unless they are the hooligans in my neighborhood). :evil:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Maybe they are finally confident that Assist Trophies with enough requests can be playable?
They're better off hoping for a couple of AT characters to be promoted to playable status for the next game. Having a character doing this double rep would cause a lot of controversy especially for those who were requested but didn't make it anyway. The Super Mario Bros. franchise can have as many reps as they want; it's Nintendo's flagship franchise.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yes I do, everyday to be exact. I make sure to build my limbs and other necessary parts in order to give me that tank body. I'm like the closest thing to Wario's body type in real life (but with longer legs and less meaty face).

And you're right, punching someone would be a bit too extreme (unless they are the hooligans in my neighborhood). :evil:
That's pretty cool, but everyday? Isn't that a little excessive? XD
I think you need to have some rest to make the muscles grow.
I also lift sometimes c:

Hmmm... I think we should continue this conversation in another place, because this is the Daisy thread XD

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
That's pretty cool, but everyday? Isn't that a little excessive? XD
I think you need to have some rest to make the muscles grow.
I also lift sometimes c:

Hmmm... I think we should continue this conversation in another place, because this is the Daisy thread XD
Daisy punched Bowser away in MP3.
Muscle talk = Daisy talk.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

*Gulp* Eeeep....:nervous::nervous::nervous:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have you ever thought that the support group/fan base of each character is characterized by said character?
Daisy = loud, competitive underdog who resurfaced from nowhere and is a sore loser
Ridley = Big. Everywhere. Keeps coming back.
Paper Mario = Silent and thin, but still somehow strong
Dixie Kong = Not consistently there, but there's no reason not to like her
King K. Rool = Perhaps overconfident?

etc. etc.

Also, as a former Mewtwo supporter, I never lost hope that the legendary Pokemon would return to Smash. My faith was not in vain. Perhaps the faith of Daisy fans will also not be in vain. (But I'm sorry Geno fans, your faith is vain. Move on.)

Furret24

Smash Master
Have you ever thought that the support group/fan base of each character is characterized by said character?
Daisy = loud, competitive underdog who resurfaced from nowhere and is a sore loser

etc. etc.

Also, as a former Mewtwo supporter, I never lost hope that the legendary Pokemon would return to Smash. My faith was not in vain. Perhaps the faith of Daisy fans will also not be in vain. (But I'm sorry Geno fans, your faith is vain. Move on.)
That, works surprisingly well actually. What would Bandana Dee's be though?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Awesome, now we have ourselves a stage based on a new title that was released (Not that Wholly World already counts).

Now the real issue is that both Smash and Mario Maker now lacks Daisy and it would be a miracle for her to be in the latter. I can see some serious irony with people playing as the Daisy colored Peach on that stage.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
So glad about the Mario Maker stage. It's like the stage-builder, but a LOT better. Mario is my favorite series in Smash, so I'm happy about it getting a new stage to represent it. Hopefully we could get a Mario character DLC to go along with it. And who might that be?

DAISY IN HER SPORTS OUTFIT OF COURSE

found this cute collage on Tumblr.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Awesome, now we have ourselves a stage based on a new title that was released (Not that Wholly World already counts).

Now the real issue is that both Smash and Mario Maker now lacks Daisy and it would be a miracle for her to be in the latter. I can see some serious irony with people playing as the Daisy colored Peach on that stage.
My custom Peach has the Daisy scheme but I really wish it was the real deal.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

etc. etc.

.....that feels just about right tbh :)

Although, I make a lot of jokes of me acting like a paper so.....yeah :)

Troykv

Smash Master
.....that feels just about right tbh :)

Although, I make a lot of jokes of me acting like a paper so.....yeah :)
Do you think this logic applies with more characters? xD I try a little bit to think about other fanbases.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Do you think this logic applies with more characters? xD I try a little bit to think about other fanbases.
going tbh, it will eventually become more obvious whether you support by want or by chances and I learned the pretty hard way how you should never do the the later.

But assuming people do want the character and support because of that, then I would see why they start acting like it. Because essentially, what you're trying to do as supporter is to spread the idea of a character in ssb4, acting like it, just makes it really obvious.

usually, I notice that if people starts to do that, it;s because they legitimately want the character before supporting. The reason I learned the hard way to never support by chances is it;s just not true support, you;re jsut rooting for a likely idea to happen instead of actually wanting it.

Troykv

Smash Master
going tbh, it will eventually become more obvious whether you support by want or by chances and I learned the pretty hard way how you should never do the the later.

But assuming people do want the character and support because of that, then I would see why they start acting like it. Because essentially, what you're trying to do as supporter is to spread the idea of a character in ssb4, acting like it, just makes it really obvious.

usually, I notice that if people starts to do that, it;s because they legitimately want the character before supporting. The reason I learned the hard way to never support by chances is it;s just not true support, you;re jsut rooting for a likely idea to happen instead of actually wanting it.
Yeah... Doesn't have the same feel support a character if you don't like it for other reasons that bandwagoning an "obvious choice" (but even the most "obvious" character can fall, like Chrom). Supporting a character from the heart and mind feels a lot better.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I may have a theory as to why Daisy's costume isn't in SMM. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the costumes originated from console games, right? Not to mention, all of the level designs are from console games as well.

Princess Daisy, on the other hand, originated from SML, which is a handheld. And to my knowledge, I've yet to see a costume that came from the Gameboy, Gameboy Advanced, Nintendo DS, etc.

And if Wario comes to mind, his costume is a Warioware variant, which debuted on a console (if I'm not mistaken). So, since Daisy originated on a Gameboy, she doesn't have a SMM costume. That's just MY theory on all of this.

Top Bottom