• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Seriously, that's EXACTLY how I felt when I saw the results! Seriously, does nobody have any imagination anymore? All those 1's...My Goodness.....It's almost like people are just giving up on speculation now that the Smash Ballot is drawing nearer and nearer to the end.
I will admit that I put in quite a lot of 1s, because the vast majority of the characters listed were either of no interest to me, or I felt that some would cheapen the roster (for example, random unknowns belonging to otherwise-famous third-party publishers - none of the ones like that match the existing "special cases" in terms of recognition; Smash isn't an advertising platform for other people's forgotten stuff, and I wouldn't like to see it reduced to one). Additionally, I felt that some of the options presented would be far better as Assist Trophies or as part of the effects of an item, but the poll is, as far as I know, about DLC fighters.

I strongly suspect that, in many cases, it's nothing to do with lacking an imagination. ;)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Not surprised by Waluigi, but Takamaru having this many votes is just plain unreal. When was all of this support back when the Smash Ballot first started?
Dunno. But well, I was going to ask about Daisy's place, but I got distracted. Where's the poll where I can find Daisy at?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Has anybody seen this video? I think it's hilarious, but also quite sad.

Anyway, don't get me wrong. I've been a huge Daisy fan since Mario Party 3. She is probably the character I play the most in the Mario spin-off series.

Please add me to the support list, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan

D

Deleted member

Here's the list of the poll currently I reorganized in order from top to bottom.
A lot of veterans, which is to be expected. I was certainly surprised by the Daisy ratio.

Also, I'm gonna throw Shadow Balls at whoever said "No" to Ivysaur. What's your problem?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Anyway, don't get me wrong. I've been a huge Daisy fan since Mario Party 3. She is probably the character I play the most in the Mario spin-off series.

There was a Ridley one of these...

But anyways, welcome to the thread of Daisy supporters.

And @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
She has over 100 1's.....

No wonder why she wasn't a costume in Mario Maker :(
Don't let an echo-chamber effect within a very focussed type of community make you lose heart. ;)

I remain convinced that the issue is the oft-rumoured Miyamoto-bias, here - as I've said before, if she weren't popular, she wouldn't be part of the various merchandise lines and so on and so forth.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Yay I'm tagged at random places again
For the record this will be Daisy's placement if I included her
upload_2015-9-11_5-15-44.png

It's at the near-bottom (Imagine Pichu's tier placement in Melee, she's literally 2nd last), slightly above Young Link.

As for "many veterans", it's solely because I... included many veterans. Yes. At first I only wanted to compare the veterans, and then I expanded upon other categories, now everything except 3rd party But if you want, cut of everything below Tetra, and that is the result for the characters (in category 1,2,3) that has a 5 vote rate of >20%.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
View attachment 72768
It's at the near-bottom (Imagine Pichu's tier placement in Melee, she's literally 2nd last), slightly above Young Link.

As for "many veterans", it's solely because I... included many veterans. Yes. At first I only wanted to compare the veterans, and then I expanded upon other categories, now everything except 3rd party But if you want, cut of everything below Tetra, and that is the result for the characters (in category 1,2,3) that has a 5 vote rate of >20%.
Even more disappointing than I thought....

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
...Actually, the description "near bottom" is not accurate at all. Since I didn't include other characters with 5 vote rate lower than 20%, Daisy would of course pop out at the very end.
For example:
upload_2015-9-11_5-25-32.png

9-Volt from Warioware is lower than Daisy, but I didn't include for obvious reasons.

So yeah. Please only take the average score (rightmost) as reference, since this is in comparison to those at the very top, and are generally more popular contenders.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

That video, so funny that it's true. I've remembered when memoryman3 first shared it here about four months ago and it gave me quite the laugh because of that autotune alone.

And welcome to the family, Bebe. You are now on the same list as everyone else (the second one and not the outdated one in that glitchy first post). :)

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice

I do feel bad for Daisy, but I love Rosalina too.

D

Deleted member

Miss anything significant today?
People on Smashboards don't want Daisy in Smash. Oh, well I guess that's not really significant.

The thing is, though, something's weird with this poll because I've never seen Ivysaur more wanted than Daisy, and that's the case with this poll. And, as we all know, Smashboards does not represent everyone who votes on the Smash Ballot. And....rankings in the official ballot don't guarantee anything.

I think that as long as a character makes it into the top 50 or so on the Smash Ballot then Sakurai would probably at least take notice and think about it. And I definitely think Daisy has already made it that far. Sakurai's bound to come across her name on the ballot results, so it's really just a matter of whether he thinks she could be worked into Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Since when is most of Smashboards not wanting Daisy in Sm4sh anything new? I don't bother with this since I know how most people here roll with her, @ HanAmes HanAmes and @Zeldaisy if you're still gonna send that letter to Nintendo, then I am gonna send one of my own as well, but I will wait two or three days after SMM comes out or else they are gonna think we have been sniffing around too much, too early.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Since when is most of Smashboards not wanting Daisy in Sm4sh anything new? I don't bother with this since I know how most people here roll with her, @ HanAmes HanAmes and @Zeldaisy if you're still gonna send that letter to Nintendo, then I am gonna send one of my own as well, but I will wait two or three days after SMM comes out or else they are gonna think we have been sniffing around too much, too early.
There are some haters here and there on these boards, but imo, most are just neutral to her. If Daisy is a main character, or had her own game, then people here will probably have a different stance on her. In the end, though, I don't blame the haters or anyone here on the boards as to why Daisy has been omitted lately, I blame Nintendo for treating her this way.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
There are some haters here and there on these boards, but imo, most are just neutral to her. If Daisy is a main character, or had her own game, then people here will probably have a different stance on her. In the end, though, I don't blame the haters or anyone here on the boards as to why Daisy has been omitted lately, I blame Nintendo for treating her this way.
Exactly, Nintendo is the real culprit here.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Here's the list of the poll currently I reorganized in order from top to bottom.
THANK YOU!

I was doing numbers calculation to figure out paper mario but this helps me a lot.

For the record, it's very interesting, not only paper mario has very polarised wants, but (and this is after you clean this up like ridley won;t get much chances even if 1st in ballot), paper mario is top 10 like we usually see, and leans towards ton 5 if you clean it.

Which is very itneresting because it tells me that even though people gives many arguments against that I personally find to not matter, well it doesn;t change how wanted he is.

Though.......why daisy isn;'t there?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
THANK YOU!

I was doing numbers calculation to figure out paper mario but this helps me a lot.

For the record, it's very interesting, not only paper mario has very polarised wants, but (and this is after you clean this up like ridley won;t get much chances even if 1st in ballot), paper mario is top 10 like we usually see, and leans towards ton 5 if you clean it.

Which is very itneresting because it tells me that even though people gives many arguments against that I personally find to not matter, well it doesn;t change how wanted he is.

Though.......why daisy isn;'t there?
Well first off, no problem, glad I could help. Second, @ Logo12 Logo12 said this here;
View attachment 72768

Her placement is rather low on the list, compared to the others in the list I had above.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I don't surprise me. In addition, the survey can also be cheating, because several users have several email accounts in order.

I don't care if many people don't like Daisy, the important thing is that many other people love Daisy.

In short, Nintendo is to blame for everything. :smash:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I don't surprise me. In addition, the survey can also be cheating, because several users have several email accounts in order.

I don't care if many people don't like Daisy, the important thing is that many other people love Daisy.

In short, Nintendo is to blame for everything. :smash:
Isn't it too much of a hassle to create new accounts for this sort of thing?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Was bored. Felt like posting this:
Not even going to lie, I could actually picture THIS to serve as her official artwork for Smash, just without the "sultry" look in her eyes.

Morbi

Scavenger
Was bored. Felt like posting this:
Not even going to lie, I could actually picture THIS to serve as her official artwork for Smash, just without the "sultry" look in her eyes.
To be honest, this was sort of what I envisioned for Daisy. I thought she could wear her sports gear to further distinguish her from Peach. I doubt many people here want a sports-centric move-set for Daisy; however, I would honestly prefer it.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Honestly, I'm more in-line with a moveset that makes use of everything about her. Yes, she plays sports but she also participates in the Party titles, has crystal/flower powers and debut as a princess in Super Mario Land. I'd rather for them to take that idea for special moves then give her normals and grabs a tomboy flare. I think that would be the best for her.

As or her outfit, I definitely prefer the dress. I rather that she have her default outfit as her -- well -- her default outfit, and let her tomboyish ways and personality speak through her taunts, poses and attacks. I think that will do a better job to showcase that she's a tomboy princess. And ultimately, look more appealing and really make her stand out as a more unique character. So have her moves showcase that she's a tomboyish Mario character and her outfit shows that she's a princess Mario character.

Though with whatever she wears or however she plays, I'll just be happy if she gets in the end of the day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be honest, this was sort of what I envisioned for Daisy. I thought she could wear her sports gear to further distinguish her from Peach. I doubt many people here want a sports-centric move-set for Daisy; however, I would honestly prefer it.
Yeah, I would want her moveset to reflect more than just the sports spinoffs. But in all honesty, I would love if she had some alternate sports/striker outfits a la Wario. I would probably use them way more than her normal dress.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Aaaand Miiverse is to overhyped with SMM to notice that Daisy isn't there, just hope they notice and hopefully take action, and speaking of taking action, I will send that letter Sunday and report what is hopefully replied to me.

Top Bottom