• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nintendo is rather jumpy on spoilers, so you are making the right move by waiting a few days. I'm still on the fence of getting Mario Maker since I just got Splatoon this day (though I'm already sending my Gamepad to Nintendo for a few repairs). Plus, I'm rather tempted on donating some bucks to Alvin Earthworm on Pantheon since those who do so get early access to new episodes of Super Mario Bros. Z.

That's right, that one Dragon Ball Z parody with Mario and Sonic is back in business now that Alvin has the motivation to work on it again. While everything will mostly be the same, certain things will be different like renewed scenes and new enemies (including a certain green king). I'm seriously hoping that there would be a Sarasaland related arc with Daisy after he finally gets around to redoing Episode 8 and completing the Bowser Doomship Saga.
If you donate on Patreon, why not request this to Alvin?

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Nintendo is rather jumpy on spoilers, so you are making the right move by waiting a few days. I'm still on the fence of getting Mario Maker since I just got Splatoon this day (though I'm already sending my Gamepad to Nintendo for a few repairs). Plus, I'm rather tempted on donating some bucks to Alvin Earthworm on Pantheon since those who do so get early access to new episodes of Super Mario Bros. Z.

That's right, that one Dragon Ball Z parody with Mario and Sonic is back in business now that Alvin has the motivation to work on it again. While everything will mostly be the same, certain things will be different like renewed scenes and new enemies (including a certain green king). I'm seriously hoping that there would be a Sarasaland related arc with Daisy after he finally gets around to redoing Episode 8 and completing the Bowser Doomship Saga.
You mean AlvinEarthworm is back in action!?!? Sweetness! SMBZ was one of my most FAVORITE series!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you donate on Patreon, why not request this to Alvin?
I'll see what I can do. Chances are that he's allowing plenty of feedback since I can tell he has some new ideas in addition to old ones for the reboot. Since Luigi's Mansion and the Kongo Jungle are more or less confirmed as actual arcs, it would be a blast to see them explore Sarasaland and Tatanga wanting to get the emeralds for his own uses.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Holy balls! That's right! SMBZ is coming back, baby! You know, I honestly don't mind the series getting rebooted, I just hope the story is still the same and the characters are kept in. Also, I hope there's not a HUGE gap between episodes like before. I din't mind it, but I felt bad for Alvin dealing with all the crazy fans pestering him for more. There better be a Sarasaland arc too! Heck, we already KNOW Princess Daisy is known for her athleticism, and strength. So she could probably participate in battles on this show! Now THAT would be a sight to behold, wouldn't it?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Holy balls! That's right! SMBZ is coming back, baby! You know, I honestly don't mind the series getting rebooted, I just hope the story is still the same and the characters are kept in. Also, I hope there's not a HUGE gap between episodes like before. I din't mind it, but I felt bad for Alvin dealing with all the crazy fans pestering him for more. There better be a Sarasaland arc too! Heck, we already KNOW Princess Daisy is known for her athleticism, and strength. So she could probably participate in battles on this show! Now THAT would be a sight to behold, wouldn't it?
As previously stated, there will be a few differences in the story other than the enhanced animation. Some examples include a Wario Bros. vs Mario Bros. fight instead of a race in the first episode and the whole Pipe Maze Episode with the Minus Zone will be completely removed (R.I.P. Weegee gag). With his motivation being better than ever, I hope we won;t have to deal with the same problems in the past since his fans are now paying for these episodes to be done.

Speaking of the payments, here's how things will go if you donate anything on Patreon for him. At least one dollar per episode would be nothing more than a simple contribution while at least ten dollars per episode would get your name to be mentioned in the credits. Donating twenty dollars per episode however would get you early access to the first episode three days before its official online debut. That last one is what I've just did a few minutes ago since this dude needs all the support he needs (plus early episode access would be nice).

Sarasaland Arc would be something extremely hype since Daisy would probably have a more active role to the heroes, being the Launch/Lunch of the story since the other Z fighters are on a whole new level than her. If K. Rool gets to have some of that SMBZ goodness, then why not have the princess get some of that action? :p

smashkirby

Smash Hero
As previously stated, there will be a few differences in the story other than the enhanced animation. Some examples include a Wario Bros. vs Mario Bros. fight instead of a race in the first episode and the whole Pipe Maze Episode with the Minus Zone will be completely removed (R.I.P. Weegee gag). With his motivation being better than ever, I hope we won;t have to deal with the same problems in the past since his fans are now paying for these episodes to be done.

Speaking of the payments, here's how things will go if you donate anything on Patreon for him. At least one dollar per episode would be nothing more than a simple contribution while at least ten dollars per episode would get your name to be mentioned in the credits. Donating twenty dollars per episode however would get you early access to the first episode three days before its official online debut. That last one is what I've just did a few minutes ago since this dude needs all the support he needs (plus early episode access would be nice).

Sarasaland Arc would be something extremely hype since Daisy would probably have a more active role to the heroes, being the Launch/Lunch of the story since the other Z fighters are on a whole new level than her. If K. Rool gets to have some of that SMBZ goodness, then why not have the princess get some of that action? :p
Speaking of which, any news of Princess Daisy being involved with the story? Also, you're kidding! the Pipe Maze ep is being COMPLETELY removed from CANON?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Wait, will Goombella and Professor Kolorado still be part of the series? I LOVED their roles in that ep. Heck, they MADE that ep for me!

HanAmes

Smash Ace

When you get the chance of playing Splatoon, tell me how you think, and maybe, we can exchange friend codes.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Speaking of which, any news of Princess Daisy being involved with the story? Also, you're kidding! the Pipe Maze ep is being COMPLETELY removed from CANON?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Wait, will Goombella and Professor Kolorado still be part of the series? I LOVED their roles in that ep. Heck, they MADE that ep for me!
Not sure if I should bring this up, but what?

Like first question what is smbz and second question, what does goombella do in there?

Sorry for the random question, but this just caught me :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not sure if I should bring this up, but what?

Like first question what is smbz and second question, what does goombella do in there?

Sorry for the random question, but this just caught me :)
Super Mario Bris. Z is an action packed sprite series by Alvin Earthworm. It used to be pretty popular back in the day until he quit around the eight episode because of unappreciative fans. Though as previously stated, the entire series is being rebooted with new animation and scenes in addition to following the old plot.

Goombella's role in the now retconned seventh episode was working as an archaeologist with Kolorado and the two were trapped in an ancient pit known as the Minus Zone. Everything there is in the old 8-Bit style and it severed the purpose of being a death trap for anyone that entered the Pipe Maze after the Mushroom War years ago. You can watch it on YouTube to see what it's about even though we might no see her nor Kolorado in the reboot.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Super Mario Bris. Z is an action packed sprite series by Alvin Earthworm. It used to be pretty popular back in the day until he quit around the eight episode because of unappreciative fans. Though as previously stated, the entire series is being rebooted with new animation and scenes in addition to following the old plot.

Goombella's role in the now retconned seventh episode was working as an archaeologist with Kolorado and the two were trapped in an ancient pit known as the Minus Zone. Everything there is in the old 8-Bit style and it severed the purpose of being a death trap for anyone that entered the Pipe Maze after the Mushroom War years ago. You can watch it on YouTube to see what it's about even though we might no see her nor Kolorado in the reboot.
I wonder if they actually kept their personality.

Kolorado is pretty much obsessed on treasure so much that he would rather die then not get one. Goombella is pretty much....how can I say this? "sensitive" and talkable goomba? The tattles she gives a lot on her and it mainly points to she will complain on a lot of stuff or just be very curious. And getting scarred by a lot of stuff and really reacting about it.

idk why I never knew this, I mean I know a lot of stuff about paper mario so :)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I wonder if they actually kept their personality.

Kolorado is pretty much obsessed on treasure so much that he would rather die then not get one. Goombella is pretty much....how can I say this? "sensitive" and talkable goomba? The tattles she gives a lot on her and it mainly points to she will complain on a lot of stuff or just be very curious. And getting scarred by a lot of stuff and really reacting about it.

idk why I never knew this, I mean I know a lot of stuff about paper mario so :)
You should, cuz he does keep everyone pretty much in character, that's mainly why the series is so loved to this day.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Wait, they're really not going to be in the reboot?! Awww....I loved their interaction! Do you think you could ask Alvin, or are we going to have to wait and see? Also, the 1st reboot episode features a Mario Bros. vs Wario Bros. battle?! Aww, yeah! Finally, they won't look like total filler on this series anymore. Seriously, I'm not going to lie, it WAS kind of getting on my nerves that they were there...and...that was kind of it. Really, it got kind of old by the Pipe Maze ep. Also, when IS the first episode coming out?

HanAmes

Smash Ace
You should, cuz he does keep everyone pretty much in character, that's mainly why the series is so loved to this day.
Except for Shadow in Episode 8. Sonic said so himself.:awesome:

But anyhow, I hope I don't get a lotta heat for this, but let's just not bother him too much about Daisy. If he wants to include her and a possible Sarasaland Arc, then by all means, if not, then oh well...if it's anything like last time where he gave up because of us fans, I just don't wanna risk it again. SMBZ is such an awesome series with a rich story line, and I wanna stay in Alvin's good graces. Just let the man create what he wants, and it's okay to bring up Daisy sparingly, but not to a point where it may get persistent.

You're free to tell me otherwise, though, it's just something that I feel. I wish Daisy was in the series, too, but I just don't wanna overstep my boundaries. Daisy'd make an awesome Launch rep, though! And heck, I bet he'd probably use her better than Nintendo!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, they're really not going to be in the reboot?! Awww....I loved their interaction! Do you think you could ask Alvin, or are we going to have to wait and see? Also, the 1st reboot episode features a Mario Bros. vs Wario Bros. battle?! Aww, yeah! Finally, they won't look like total filler on this series anymore. Seriously, I'm not going to lie, it WAS kind of getting on my nerves that they were there...and...that was kind of it. Really, it got kind of old by the Pipe Maze ep. Also, when IS the first episode coming out?
Like @ HanAmes HanAmes said, we are better off not bothering him too much since he did give up years ago for the same reasons. Asking him one questing sparingly is good, but doing so in way where it annoys him would be bad. I'd say give him about three months since from the screenshots and test scene he should be close to finished.

And I can agree that giving the Wario Bros. some real plot relevance would make their inclusion much better. That fight will be one of the main things I'm looking forward to since his One Minute Melee with Knuckles gave me an idea of how it can work with his new sprites. Plus, we get to see Waluigi actually use his weird abilities to his advantage. :awesome:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
http://smbz.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._Z

Wow, Geno, Mallow, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, Sonic, Shadow and more.....but no Daisy.

Maybe because the creator couldn't think of a story arc.....
To be fair it mostly mirrors Dragon Ball and Daisy wouldn't fit into any major role. Mario is basically Goku, Luigi is basically Krillin, Sonic =Future Trunk, Shadow = Vegeta, Yoshi = a nicer Piccolo... Peach herself doesn't really have much role. Wario and Waluigi at least easily fit in as comic relief villains (like several foes from the original Dragon Ball).

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
NEWS

Nintendo will launch a Mario encyclopedia of 256 pages in Japan, next month.
This content encyclopedia has 17 different Mario games, showing different characters, enemies, objects, scenarios, techniques and graphics of the game.

The debate begins. Will it be in the encyclopedia, Super Mario Land? And Daisy?

Unfortunately, I think not.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
http://smbz.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._Z

Wow, Geno, Mallow, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, Sonic, Shadow and more.....but no Daisy.

Maybe because the creator couldn't think of a story arc.....
Everything is going to be subjected to change since he's doing the entire series from scratch. Rosalina is guaranteed since she can play that Kami role easily, though Geno and Mallow aren't really confirmed since they can easily be dropped if he doesn't feel like going overboard with the RPG references.

Either way, at least she has some part in another sprite series where she gets the most screen time (mostly due to easily stomping the Wario Bros. in one episode). It's called Super Smash Adventures and things should kick off when BrawlFan1 final graduates next December. Unlike SMBZ however, it focuses more on story and humor than flashy fights since it's more in line with the Smash canon.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Everything is going to be subjected to change since he's doing the entire series from scratch. Rosalina is guaranteed since she can play that Kami role easily, though Geno and Mallow aren't really confirmed since they can easily be dropped if he doesn't feel like going overboard with the RPG references.

Either way, at least she has some part in another sprite series where she gets the most screen time (mostly due to easily stomping the Wario Bros. in one episode). It's called Super Smash Adventures and things should kick off when BrawlFan1 final graduates next December. Unlike SMBZ however, it focuses more on story and humor than flashy fights since it's more in line with the Smash canon.
Wait, so there's a Super Smash Bros. flash series in the vein of SMBZ? (I hope) YAY!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, so there's a Super Smash Bros. flash series in the vein of SMBZ? (I hope) YAY!
Yes, though the last video he uploaded was February since his college education is taking up most of his time. And trust me, the fights in Super Smash Adventures are not fast paced and like SMBZ since it's more story focused. Daisy's fight is ironically the only one that was like that because Waluigi insulted her. There's just something so funny about that irony after rewatched that episode after the "bad Mario Maker news".

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I still can't think of anyone. Though the fan service part leads me to believe Isaac will eventually get in, though i've never had any interest in Golden Sun.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Geno was confirmed to be added in Smithy Saga by alvin-earthworm i did talk to him by myself in deviantart
i said to him "can you let Geno and Mallow appear this time?"
then he said "I have always planned to add Geno in at the very least. However, he wouldn't make any appearances until the Smithy saga"
but i have feeling that Mallow was dropped because he didnt talk about him :(
also the information about him going to use this Geno sprite now if he appeared in SMBZ is false, because i know wich sprites he is going to use now in SMBZ, he is going to use Geno sprite that you cant find in the internet as much as you try hard find it, there are only few people who saw the sprites and thats include me :smirk: i wont show it because i want people to get hyped if he appeared in SMBZ.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The mood of the Daisy thread right about now.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
NEWS

Nintendo will launch a Mario encyclopedia of 256 pages in Japan, next month.
This content encyclopedia has 17 different Mario games, showing different characters, enemies, objects, scenarios, techniques and graphics of the game.

The debate begins. Will it be in the encyclopedia, Super Mario Land? And Daisy?

Unfortunately, I think not.

#VOTEFORDAISY
17 Mario games?

http://supermario.nintendo.com/sp/history/index.html

Super Mario Land is probably there. I counted 16 games and Mario Maker rounds that up to 17.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I'm disappointed, angry, and a bit un-surprised that Daisy will not be in Super Mario Bros. Z. i guess lots of people just don't like her. :(

However, I am actually going to include Daisy as part of my Mario animated series, Super Mario Revival. It's sprite-animated kind of like Super Mario Bros. Z, but also has drawn-out animation for some parts of the show, like special attacks, important scens, opening, ending, etc.

Also it has a bunch of fighting, but unlike Super Mario Bros. Z, it's not really based on Dragon Ball Z and more based on anime such as Sailor Moon and Pretty Cure.

More information on it: http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Revival_(first_season)

Clip of Peach's special attack:

Clip of Toad's special attack:

I'm going to work on Daisy' attack soon so stay tuned to see her in action

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Geno was confirmed to be added in Smithy Saga by alvin-earthworm i did talk to him by myself in deviantart
i said to him "can you let Geno and Mallow appear this time?"
then he said "I have always planned to add Geno in at the very least. However, he wouldn't make any appearances until the Smithy saga"
but i have feeling that Mallow was dropped because he didnt talk about him :(
also the information about him going to use this Geno sprite now if he appeared in SMBZ is false, because i know wich sprites he is going to use now in SMBZ, he is going to use Geno sprite that you cant find in the internet as much as you try hard find it, there are only few people who saw the sprites and thats include me :smirk: i wont show it because i want people to get hyped if he appeared in SMBZ.
But the question is... will the Smithy arc remain in the reboot? If not, Geno's chances of appearing will definitely drop.

:007:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Which Dragon Ball villain would Smithy be aping? Metal Sonic is basically Cell for one thing. If Cell needed the Dragon Balls rather than the other Androids to power up anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Which Dragon Ball villain would Smithy be aping? Metal Sonic is basically Cell for one thing. If Cell needed the Dragon Balls rather than the other Androids to power up anyway.
I think the closest thing Smithy would be is either Majin Buu (though he's not about destroying things 24/7) or Freiza (The Axem Rangers are more or less parodies of the Ginyu Force at this point). Some would say that he's Dr. Gero, though that is more or less Eggman's role.

Last edited:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Daisy is actually the lowest rated "Princess", even behind Pauline, so i'm not surprised she's not in Mario Maker. People just don't like her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Strange, there's not a single complaint about the lack of Daisy in the newly opened Super Mario Maker Miiverse community. I'm sure it won't be long until they notice and blow things out of proportion in the future.

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I'm disappointed, angry, and a bit un-surprised that Daisy will not be in Super Mario Bros. Z. i guess lots of people just don't like her. :(

However, I am actually going to include Daisy as part of my Mario animated series, Super Mario Revival. It's sprite-animated kind of like Super Mario Bros. Z, but also has drawn-out animation for some parts of the show, like special attacks, important scens, opening, ending, etc.

Also it has a bunch of fighting, but unlike Super Mario Bros. Z, it's not really based on Dragon Ball Z and more based on anime such as Sailor Moon and Pretty Cure.

More information on it: http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Revival_(first_season)

Clip of Peach's special attack:

Clip of Toad's special attack:

I'm going to work on Daisy' attack soon so stay tuned to see her in action
I really like the look of this. Birdo Biased but really it sounds good, the animation is pretty decent and I like the music selection!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Top Bottom