• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
'Ello. Hope you don't mind me jumping in to respond to this. I strongly felt the need to chime in on this one. :)
Would you all settle for a Daisy alternative of Peach, with unique model, name, announcer, and voice, etc.?

In the same vain as Alph?

Not that I'm saying Daisy can't have her own moveset, especially if you pull from various spin-offs. To be honest I'm surprised Daisy wasn't in this way, you'd think this would be the FIRST "alt" character in the game, rather than Alph or the Koopalings.
To be honest, I wouldn't be all that happy if she was an alt. or clone for Peach. It would go against her unique abilities and partially destroy future arguments regarding her uniqueness. Being an alt./clone would tell a general person that their abilities are pretty much the same. All that'd be different is the character's personality, etc. That's the last thing I want for Daisy. Wanting her in Smash Bros. is already quite a leap from spin-off character to important-enough-character-for-Smash-roster. I'd like her to become a more important character to the Mario series, rather than just the spin-off character Nintendo doesn't bother to tinker with.
I can understand choices like that with Alph/Lucina/Dr. Mario. In Pikmin, you don't do much but toss Pikmin and stuff. The characters are different, but their abilities? Not as much.
At first, even I thought Lucina was more unique than people put her down for, but after looking at her animations/attacks/etc. from Fire Emblem: Awakening, I see she pretty much stays true to Marth's style. Only her stats and character are different.
Dr. Mario is thoroughly the same Mario through and through. He tosses pills in Dr. Mario. There's not much else different.
Now, don't get me wrong; unique movesets can be made for every single character I mentioned. However, with Sakurai's decision to clone/alt. them, I acknowledge why. It makes sense.
Imagine if Daisy became an alt./clone. Sure, we'd get our wanted character in, but wouldn't it seem a bit awkward, to have a unique character (both personality and ability-wise) to just be in someone else's shadow (again)? Plus, imagine this:
"You know what? Daisy should have her own game!"
"Why? She's pretty much the same as Peach. Heck, Smash Bros. pretty much supports this. She's a clone of Peach. She's like a lesser Luigi. A 2.0."
I'd probably then argue the "They can flesh her out more as a character like Luigi was with Luigi's Mansion", but you can imagine how that'd go. :ohwell:
Paper Mario's my most-wanted DLC character, but if they wanted to make him a clone of Mario and nothing else, I would rather he not be in at all.
What kind of abilities?
The Mario Strikers games are great examples for what else she can do.

This is apparently called "The Torpedo Strike".
https://youtu.be/PgxK1AlB__Y?t=40s (At around 0:40, she does her Mega Strike.)
Sadly I couldn't find pictures/footage, but she can apparently warp around set distances, too.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
My boy, there are two types of fans that vote for Wally. Those who are still in denial that wants to shove their requests down his throat and fans that simply hate the fact that Assist Trophies exists. So no matter how many times you tell them that their votes are wasted, they'll still do so out of sheer ignorance since Sakurai logic is BS in their opinions. :p
....I still voted for Takamaru. Nothing actually says they can't go back in and change something.

Would you all settle for a Daisy alternative of Peach, with unique model, name, announcer, and voice, etc.?

Not that I'm saying Daisy can't have her own moveset, especially if you pull from various spin-offs. To be honest I'm surprised Daisy wasn't in this way, you'd think this would be the FIRST "alt" character in the game, rather than Alph or the Koopalings.
Actually, that's kind of what I want her to be if she can't get in on her own.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
....I still voted for Takamaru. Nothing actually says they can't go back in and change something.
So did I, though we might want to be careful since certain fans are still under the impression that our votes are wasted. Not like I really care since this also affects the future roster instead of just existing for DLC. I still wonder when everyone would get that last part and realize that the Waluigi support isn't going to waste at all.

New subject: How would you feel if Daisy at least had one move referencing Mario Hoops? I figured it's something that I would like a discussion on since it's one of the more forgotten one time Mario sports spinoffs. Maybe there could be a some dripping involved or she can practically use a slam dunk for a down aerial.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
So did I, though we might want to be careful since certain fans are still under the impression that our votes are wasted. Not like I really care since this also affects the future roster instead of just existing for DLC. I still wonder when everyone would get that last part and realize that the Waluigi support isn't going to waste at all.

New subject: How would you feel if Daisy at least had one move referencing Mario Hoops? I figured it's something that I would like a discussion on since it's one of the more forgotten one time Mario sports spinoffs. Maybe there could be a some dripping involved or she can practically use a slam dunk for a down aerial.
Doesn't really matter to me. Out of all of the Mario characters we have at the moment, not one of them represents the spin-off series. I strongly believe that Daisy is suited for that role to be the spin-off rep in the Smash series. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt anybody.

Edit: Well, maybe Peach's F-Smash sorta pays homage to the spin-offs, but then again, she plucks turnips out of the ground and floats in the air.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

She can slam dunk a ball into Petey Piranha who then rampages over the stage.
Other than that, not much else to pull from that game.

(Even Dixie Kong has a special move that fits smash better.)

Laniv

Smash Champion

I feel like it could make for a solid down throw: a hoop spawns in front of Daisy, and she slam dunks the opponent.

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I'd actually be pretty okay, the slam dunk down aerial could make for a really cool spike, similar to that of Donkey Kongs. Also, not sure how you get on Daisy's exclusive list of supports but someone should totally put me on it. hint hint.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd actually be pretty okay, the slam dunk down aerial could make for a really cool spike, similar to that of Donkey Kongs. Also, not sure how you get on Daisy's exclusive list of supports but someone should totally put me on it. hint hint.
Added you to the list and you may be right about Dixie's shot being more Smash friendly though.

I'd really like to see Daisy use some moves from Hoops but I'm not exactly sure what she could use...do you guys think anything could be done with her special shot? (https://youtu.be/TG-nA5vnvzQ?t=1m51s)
Looks more like a suitable Diwn Special to me, essentially like Wii Fit Trainer's Volleyball, but it has more of a Soccer Ball effect to it (probably with a flower bloom).

I feel like it could make for a solid down throw: a hoop spawns in front of Daisy, and she slam dunks the opponent.
Having it as a Down Throw actually doesn't sound bad, especially since it could potentially look less generic than a majority of the roster's Down Throws.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
I'd feel amazed, probably hyped, too. Like being blindsided with something nice. Maybe it should be like Mario's f-air, but with her holding a basketball with her right hand. Every time she KOs someone with it, the sound of net going SWISH! and crowd cheering should be heard. Daisy montages all day!

Come on and slam! Whatcha gonna do? :4ganondorf:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd feel amazed, probably hyped, too. Like being blindsided with something nice. Maybe it should be like Mario's f-air, but with her holding a basketball with her right hand. Every time she KOs someone with it, the sound of net going SWISH! and crowd cheering should be heard. Daisy montages all day!

Please, don't make me break out the Mario Space Jam remixes in this peace. :laugh:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
http://omega-j12.tumblr.com/post/124704124133/smash-bros-character-idea-daisy-woooaaaaah
Replace up-special with Flowerbud Return and we are good!

Speaking of Sports Mix, I noticed that this is the only spin-off game where Mario and Luigi, and Peach and Daisy for that matter are not default teams, instead its Mario and Peach, and Luigi and Daisy.

So from what I can gather, people feel that overall the Mario cast would be complete with Waluigi, Captain Toad and Daisy, seeing that these are only iconic series characters to appear in the roster as playable characters, Paper Mario and Geno, let's be honest here, Paper Mario has a chance but Geno? Don't think so son.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Man I am always so far in discussion here:

Regarding Daisy's powers, she can in fact summon flowers and gardens as seen in Mario Party 7, Sports Mix, and some of the other sports games. Thanks to Mario Strikers, a game that gave all the characters in it so much more depth, Daisy has been popular with the new power of Crystal summoning. As for anything else, its open to interpretation. We know she's a heavy hitter, just look at what she did to Bowser in Mario Party 3. She'd probably the hardest hitter of all the females if she made it in, at least I'd hope so. She'd still be as light as Peach or Zelda, but with Wii Fit Trainer's speed

If Daisy got a move from 3-on-3:
It'd be cool. I actually hope that Daisy, if she gets in, its not too centered on her spin-off appearances, as I think Waluigi would represent that a lot better than her. I'll get on her moveset someday, you guys already seen the specials I made. And if not, I believe its in the OP. Check it out :3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mario Hoops 3-on-3? It was a nice little game, honestly. Though I'm not sure about Daisy taking stuff from it. Her Hoops 3-on-3 artwork is my favourite though, yeah. :3

Flower Power and physical prowess are more up her alley, I believe.

:231:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Daisy's name in that game is "Cash Money Coin Collector"?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Another video from a Daisy fan that actually wrote ten good reasons on why she deserves at least a vote in the Smash Ballot. While there are some glaring issues like grammar and organization, I would give this person a B for effort in the making of this video.

Also, I've been noticing that some fans had been talking about a recent interview where Daisy would appear in future titles (canon and spinoff) despite her removal from Super Luigi U. I've been asking several people already for a source since I don't really recall any sign of this being a thing. So what are your thoughts on this, assuming you've been hearing about it?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Another video from a Daisy fan that actually wrote ten good reasons on why she deserves at least a vote in the Smash Ballot. While there are some glaring issues like grammar and organization, I would give this person a B for effort in the making of this video.

Also, I've been noticing that some fans had been talking about a recent interview where Daisy would appear in future titles (canon and spinoff) despite her removal from Super Luigi U. I've been asking several people already for a source since I don't really recall any sign of this being a thing. So what are your thoughts on this, assuming you've been hearing about it?
I haven't heard about this, but Daisy WAS going to appear in Super Luigi U? :4tlink:?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Those reasons are bad and should feel bad.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I haven't heard about this, but Daisy WAS going to appear in Super Luigi U? :4tlink:?
That's what I'm wondering myself and I'm already waiting on a response from the ones who claimed it on YouTube. It would actually be a huge shock if Miyamoto himself really wanted to replace Peach with Daisy in that game.

Those reasons are bad and should feel bad.
I feel that she was being a bit too hard of Lucina there since we all know how much her fans hate their beloved waifu being bashed. :troll:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

I've been hearing that too (a certain guy in Miiverse told me). But I cannot find a source.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Found THIS video by Mario Mayhem.

It's interesting to see the question asked in the end ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Found THIS video by Mario Mayhem.

It's interesting to see the question asked in the end ;)
First Etika and now this guy? It's like they want Daisy to gain more support in the Smash Ballot.

Which is a a good thing if you ask me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

D

Deleted member

Another valid reason Daisy should be in Smash: she ain't going anywhere. While she may not be featured in the main games like Mario or Peach are thus far, she is basically a mainstay in all the spinoffs, which arguably have casts of the 'main' characters.

But sometimes in spinoffs or even Smash Bros there have been flavor of the year characters, like Petey Piranha, Queen Bee, Donkey Kong Jr., Young Link, Pichu, etc. which seemed like good ideas at the time, but their relevance has waned. But since Daisy doesn't seem to be going anywhere in spite of not appearing in the mainstream games, that wouldn't happen to her.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman

I'm not sure if Daisy would really work that well as an alt in the same vein as Alph and the Koopalings. Though I think it wouldn't be all that weird for Daisy to use some of Peach's moves, a few of them seem to be Peach specific (mostly the ones that have "Peach" in their names or come from things she actually does in other games) while, as FalconSoup pointed out, Olimar and Bowser Jr. tend to have sort of generic moves that fit Alph and the Koopalings pretty well too.

I feel like Alph and the Koopalings both have final smashes that don't fit them perfectly, but I think that's even more true for a potential Daisy alt. It would be a bit odd to have giant peaches (and Princess Peaches) suddenly appear when you activate Daisy's final smash, wouldn't it? I'm not sure how to fix that problem without making Daisy a separate character. If Sakurai and co. would like to make Daisy similar to Peach, I feel like a Luigified or Falcofied version of Peach would be a lot truer to her character.

I'd be totally down with a unique Daisy though. Her sports outfit might make her look a bit more distinct, so I'd like to see that if see comes to Smash, especially if she gets some sports inspired moves. Of course, that's just a personal preference; I don't begrudge people who'd like to see her usual look instead. Either one could work, I think.

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I'm not sure if Daisy would really work that well as an alt in the same vein as Alph and the Koopalings. Though I think it wouldn't be all that weird for Daisy to use some of Peach's moves, a few of them seem to be Peach specific (mostly the ones that have "Peach" in their names or come from things she actually does in other games) while, as FalconSoup pointed out, Olimar and Bowser Jr. tend to have sort of generic moves that fit Alph and the Koopalings pretty well too.

I feel like Alph and the Koopalings both have final smashes that don't fit them perfectly, but I think that's even more true for a potential Daisy alt. It would be a bit odd to have giant peaches (and Princess Peaches) suddenly appear when you activate Daisy's final smash, wouldn't it? I'm not sure how to fix that problem without making Daisy a separate character. If Sakurai and co. would like to make Daisy similar to Peach, I feel like a Luigified or Falcofied version of Peach would be a lot truer to her character.

I'd be totally down with a unique Daisy though. Her sports outfit might make her look a bit more distinct, so I'd like to see that if see comes to Smash, especially if she gets some sports inspired moves. Of course, that's just a personal preference; I don't begrudge people who'd like to see her usual look instead. Either one could work, I think.
That's a good point. Features like Peach's float from SMB2 wouldn't make sense on Daisy either. They may have certain similarities but ultimately they're quite different. While I'd be okay with incorporating her as a Peach alt, I don't think it would work very well either and I'd rather see her as a unique character. I'm pretty sure one of the big reasons they made Dark Pit a separate character is because having him wield the three sacred treasurers as a final smash would make no sense. I would rather see her usual look myself however, though I'd be A-OK with her sports look too; especially if it's her great world tour outfit....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who knows? I asked the guys who keep posting this for a link, no response yet.
Same with my questions about her supposed "plans" of being in Super Luigi U and the promise of appearances in future games regardless of canon. While it does sound completely plausible, I do think that it's another of those memes that anti-fans make to get our hopes up. Or even a fake interview that someone made on that P4 Gaming website.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Same with my questions about her supposed "plans" of being in Super Luigi U and the promise of appearances in future games regardless of canon. While it does sound completely plausible, I do think that it's another of those memes that anti-fans make to get our hopes up. Or even a fake interview that someone made on that P4 Gaming website.
Just got a response, said he can't put links in his Miiverse posts and that he can tell me the Google search result, if you want to keep tabs on him yourself the guy's name is simply Jimmy, find him on the Support Peach community on Miiverse.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Jimmy? He told me that too, since me and him kinda have a Daisy for DLC group in Miiverse going on. He's a good fellow, don't know if he's a reliable source, so don't ask me.

Anyway, check out this ****ty website I made! It's not that good, but at least you can post forums without having to hide them.

http://supportdaisy.weebly.com/

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Jimmy? He told me that too, since me and him kinda have a Daisy for DLC group in Miiverse going on. He's a good fellow, don't know if he's a reliable source, so don't ask me.

Anyway, check out this ****ty website I made! It's not that good, but at least you can post forums without having to hide them.

Don't sweat, nice site!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

It's at least better than the website I made during my freshman semester. :laugh:

Already participate in the polls (Classic Outfit and Sarasa Land stage), so I'll definitely make me an account tomorrow morning. I might want to share this with our Facebook fans around the time since they could be interested to join.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
It's at least better than the website I made during my freshman semester. :laugh:

Already participate in the polls (Classic Outfit and Sarasa Land stage), so I'll definitely make me an account tomorrow morning. I might want to share this with our Facebook fans around the time since they could be interested to join.
Of course, the more the merrier! Plus we could keep it active and such, I guess just changing up the polls weekly and starting threads could keep the site running.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

May I join as well? I've made a Daisy article in the past that I might share.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Daisy's name in that game is "Cash Money Coin Collector"?
Hm? That Baller name for her doesn't make sense to me.

Better detailed than my reasons for supporting Daisy to be in this game.

1. Her charming personality.
2. Just, everything about her in Mario Strikers. Her Mega Strike would make a nice Final Smash or f-air that can meteor smash.
3. Samus wouldn't be the only female Smash fighter to get ogled over anymore. *drools over motorcyclist outfit Daisy*
4. Her physical prowess as a princess.
5. She's the best possible option to make stronger references to the spin-off games she has appeared in than Peach's side smash.

I hope this proves why she should be in Smash rather than why she is (my) best Mario girl.:love:

Last edited:
Top Bottom