• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I found this old interview from 2013.

Q: Daisy and Wario aren't original "Mario Bros." series characters, but they're invited to the Mario Karts, they're invited to the tennis matches … Why don't these characters ever take part in the Mario storylines?

A: Both Daisy and Wario were originally drawn as part of the "Mario Land" games and had the same illustrator. The art style of those games was different from the "Mario World" series with Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach, and for a long time that was the reason that we didn't have those characters enter into each other's stories.

Through the sports games, then you started to see the overall character lineup grow a little more. What's interesting is, because we've moved into an era where the characters have moved from some of the hand-drawn or the 2-D illustration style into the full 3-D model style, the differences between the art styles are no longer there. So, although originally we never had them entering each other's stories because of the different art styles of the different games, perhaps now we don't have to follow that condition anymore.

On "Super Mario 64" for the DS, that game did, in fact, have a multiplayer mode that Wario appeared in.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
People say they want her in her sports outfit. I do think that they are missing the point that generally, characters are shown in their most well-known outfit.
Well, except :4wario: As more people really remember him mostly in the Wario Land games, which sports his original outfit. But Sakurai chooses Warioware Inc instead.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wario is an exception, and technically is the star of the spinoff series, which he takes his inspiration from.
Well, if judging from the article above, if Daisy were to ever get her own spinoff series, in which they gave her a Strikers-eque designed outfit, then that might likely be the same case for her as well.

But imo, I don't really care what outfit she has, I could go with her classic dress, it doesn't matter. But I'd like to think giving her Strikers based moveset could get her a unique trait over the other Mario characters, since she doesn't really have anything special to her name, imo.

Yeah, they could just make up stuff like with :4falcon: and :4zss:, but I'd like something that she does indeed do at the very least.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, if judging from the article above, if Daisy were to ever get her own spinoff series, in which they gave her a Strikers-eque designed outfit, then that might likely by the same case for her as well.

But imo, I don't really care what outfit she has, I could go with her classic dress, it doesn't matter. But I'd like to think giving her Strikers based moveset could get her a unique trait over the other Mario characters, since she doesn't really have anything special to her name, imo.

Yeah, they could just make up stuff like with :4falcon: and :4zss:, but I'd like something that she does indeed do at the very least.
Let's be real here. Do you ever think they'd give Daisy a spinoff series?

If she gets in Smash, she'll be a Mario rep, and she'll wear her default dress.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

The problem with the default dress is that Peach has a palette swap vaguely resembling Daisy.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Most likely, no. But I can always wish for something unique like that, to give her more flare.

It most likely never happen. But you can't tell me that making her have something unique like that wouldn't be nice to make sure she's not a "Peach clone". Having her based on her original outfit alone might make her succumb to clone like movesets.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Who knows...they might give her one, if she becomes popular enough.

DK, Yoshi, and Wario have appeared in Mario games many times while having their own series to their name. Because of that, they were allowed to be featured as their own rep for their respective series. If Daisy gets her own popular series, then I'm pretty sure she'd have an easier time becoming a playable character in any future Smash game. I also feel the same way for Captain Toad, being confirmed under his own Treasure Tracker series rather than just another Mario rep.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since I have saw spilt opinions recently about what Daisy should wear if she ever got into Smash, would you still want her to be in the sports outfit, or dress?

Yeah, I know this has been asked many times, but I'm still curious. Plus I need something to talk about.
Said it once and I'll say it again, the Tennis Oufit. I used to think the Strikers outfit was a good idea, then I realized that Strikers is sadly a less popular series than Tennis (Plus Next Level Games is busy making Metroid Federation Barf). But it's best not to involve the subject of that game since everyone around here hate its every existence.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Clothes don't make the man in Smash Bros. If she has a completely different playstyle then Peach, just wearing a similar dress, then she's not a clone.
Since you are posting on this thread a lot, do you happen to support Daisy's inclusion by any chance?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I've supported her since the beginning of Smash 4's development.... I just don't post as much as I used to.
thanks, while running an errand today I happened to come across a casual gamer and talked about Sm4sh and asked who did he vote for , guess what did he say? Daisy! He said that she needs more recognition outside of spin-offs for her to become more popular and that Sm4sh is a great place to start.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, now I'm a "visitor"? I used to be a semi-regular in this thread...
That's actually not what I meant, old friend. I was surprised at the fact that 6 people where looking at this thread seconds before I made this post. I doubt we necessarily had this much traffic since the Smash Ballot was announced.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
That's actually not what I meant, old friend. I was surprised at the fact that 6 people where looking at this thread seconds before I made this post. I doubt we necessarily had this much traffic since the Smash Ballot was announced.
That new signature must somewhat be working....somewhat.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Said it once and I'll say it again, the Tennis Oufit. I used to think the Strikers outfit was a good idea, then I realized that Strikers is sadly a less popular series than Tennis (Plus Next Level Games is busy making Metroid Federation Barf). But it's best not to involve the subject of that game since everyone around here hate its every existence.
She should wear any of her sports outfits. To differentiate her from Princess Peach.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

HanAmes

Smash Ace
DK, Yoshi, and Wario are all fairly prominent secondary colors. Daisy is not.
Not even a secondary to Peach? (according to some Daisy hater I encountered in the past who said that she'll forever remain in Peach's shadow, but I don't take him seriously.) But at least we gotta start somewhere, though, right?

And welcome back to the boards, old friend! Thanks for your support.:)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Not even a secondary to Peach? (according to some Daisy hater I encountered in the past who said that she'll forever remain in Peach's shadow, but I don't take him seriously.) But at least we gotta start somewhere, though, right?

And welcome back to the boards, old friend! Thanks for your support.:)
I hang around the boards all the time, I just don't post much. Most of my discussion is with my tight-knit group of friends in convos. :smirk:

Last edited:
Top Bottom