• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well I don’t see why her being an echo would prevent her from getting a sports outfit.
I mean if any hitbox or animation changes would get an Echo, and her sports shorts have a different hitbox from her dress and her dash animation would have to change so that she doesn't hold her nonexistent skirt, it would be hard to implement the sports outfit as an alternate costume. Then again, I'm wondering how Cloud's Advent Children jacket works.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
The running would look a bit odd with them holding the invisible dress like that, but the down Smash in my opinion would still look fine cause the hitboxes can still be invisible and it'll look like a leg sweep anyway. Same animation.

Look how stylish they look. It's good to swap out every now and then!

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Have we seen Daisy's dash animation yet? I don't think I saw her dashing yet. If her dash is different from Peach, there could be some glimmer of hope left.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a clip of her running? Like from a trailer or a demo? I want to see if she holds her skirt like Peach. And no, Super Mario Run doesn't count. It has to be Super Smash Bros. Ultimate gameplay.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
Daisy used to run holding her dress in the Mario Party Series. It was until Mario Party 10 when they changed it.

D

Deleted member

Kon'nichiwa! This is where we can socialize about :ultdaisy:, eh wot? Well, I have arrived to support and show love for Daisy finally making her first playable appearance.

Let me tell y'all a bit about myself:
  • Since I started Melee I was pretty loyal to playing :peachmelee: thus cannot wait to play as :ultdaisy: and be loyal to both. As y'all can see by my signature, though, :ultrosalina: and :ultbayonetta: are still my mains too.
  • Loves to play as either Peach or Daisy in Mario Party series
  • She and Peach in the Turbo Birdo were myfavorite team in Mario Kart Double Dash!! and they tend to be who I use in Mario Kart series on the whole.
Sa...is anyone besides me anxiously awaiting the :ultdaisy: amiibo? I do plan on getting the Super Mario Bros. one (as well as :ultpeach::ultrosalina:) as well as her Smash variant.

Now that I have found this thread, I shall leave likes for most posts here and hope to talk again soon.

Sayonara :kirby:

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
So I found something interesting when one member of Treehouse was talking about echo fighters.

Generally when it comes to an echo fighter, like 90-95% of their stuff is the same (moveset, character handling etc.). It’s going to be mostly the same.

Let’s just start with Mario and Dr Mario right, The reason why Mario and Dr Mario are so different is that their ultility is different. Dr Mario hits harder, is heavier, the forward air trajectory etc. make him different because you have to use him differently.

There’s a some other differences that are SO different enough that he’s technically not an echo fighter anymore because of how you use the tools that character has.

So for something like Princess Daisy and Princess Peach, you know Daisy DOES have some differences but it’s mostly...like thematic and cosmetic. The vast majority of the character is the same. Then they would be considered an echo fighter.

But I also wouldn’t put it out of the realm to see stuff like Chrom’s Up B. Although his moveset is very similar to Roy’s, Chrom’s Up B is not that. Yes, you will see some changes and it just depends per character so I am looking forward to people finding out what these changes are.

Hmm, so is it that Daisy only has a few cosmetic differences, or that she has a few non cosmetic differences?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random Thought, if this amiibo unlocks thing is true, that means that the only newcomers that can be unlocked without the new amiibo are Ikling, Isabelle, Chrom and of course Daisy.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Does anyone have a clip of her running? Like from a trailer or a demo? I want to see if she holds her skirt like Peach. And no, Super Mario Run doesn't count. It has to be Super Smash Bros. Ultimate gameplay.
She is shown running during Nintendo Direct 8.8.2018. When the new items are showcased and Little Mac grabs the bomb from Kirby.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, if you look closely in slo-mo, her hands never touch the dress. Though, she moved too quickly for us to get a long enough look at her dash animation. Okay, maybe her right hand lifted the dress a bit. She needs to dash longer for me to properly analyze, a one-step dash isn't enough. But I think maybe her dash will still look fine even in a sports alt.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you look closely in slo-mo, her hands never touch the dress. Though, she moved too quickly for us to get a long enough look at her dash animation. Okay, maybe her right hand lifted the dress a bit. She needs to dash longer for me to properly analyze, a one-step dash isn't enough. But I think maybe her dash will still look fine even in a sports alt.
True, I also noticed that Daisy seems to skip while walking but Peach does not, am I wrong? Probably but eh...

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, since more of Daisy's appearances are sports games and Daisy is considered a tomboy, it's more appropriate to give the sports alt to Daisy than Peach. But since Daisy as her own fighter would make it unlikely for Peach's Daisy costume to return, there's one costume slot open for Peach.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Really hoping Daisy gets her own victory theme! I'd say it's likely. Besides, Rosalina has her own victory theme, and even Dark Pit, who is an Echo fighter himself! lol

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
I think Daisy will have the same victory theme as Mario, Luigi and Peach. It just seems like it would be more homely. IDK.

Still don’t know how exactly to interpret the whole “Daisy DOES have a couple differences but it’s mostly thematic and cosmetic” thing. Is it that Daisy’s pretty much identical outside of a few cosmetics? Or we will see some cool changes but it will be mostly the same? (which would be fine by me to be honest)

I think it’s the latter due to the way they presented her in the direct and other stuff but Richter gives me doubt? Wish someone at Ninty could clear this up.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I think Daisy will have the same victory theme as Mario, Luigi and Peach. It just seems like it would be more homely. IDK.

Still don’t know how exactly to interpret the whole “Daisy DOES have a couple differences but it’s mostly thematic and cosmetic” thing. Is it that Daisy’s pretty much identical outside of a few cosmetics? Or we will see some cool changes but it will be mostly the same? (which would be fine by me to be honest)

I think it’s the latter due to the way they presented her in the direct and other stuff but Richter gives me doubt? Wish someone at Ninty could clear this up.
Hopefully we will see some cool changes. But in the grand scheme of things I'm still overjoyed that she's playable, same moveset or not. I've probably watched her trailers 100 times by now

Because I'm a Peach main I don't really mind her being identical. Back in like 2014 I had actually wanted her to be an alt character costume for Peach, so her getting her own slot is great and actually more than I wanted

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I just don't like Peach's moveset since it's so technical but I suppose I'll take the challenge
I feel similarly about Birdo. I would really love Birdo in Smash, though her only shot I suppose, would be as a Yoshi Echo fighter. I hate Yoshi's playstyle and how he moves, but I'd have to get used to it if I want to fight as her!

And yeah the argument can be made that she cant echo Yoshi but I'll save that for a Birdo topic on the forum

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice

Richter sounds like an exception to me since he is not a full echo fighter because Simon's moveset has some Richter inspired moves, so I think they will be identical because they echo each other.

Last edited:

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
I feel similarly about Birdo. I would really love Birdo in Smash, though her only shot I suppose, would be as a Yoshi Echo fighter. I hate Yoshi's playstyle and how he moves, but I'd have to get used to it if I want to fight as her!

And yeah the argument can be made that she cant echo Yoshi but I'll save that for a Birdo topic on the forum
For Birdo I feel like everything works, but the key mechanic of laying eggs. Even Egg Roll would work. But Birdo would need to inhale and spit eggs to feel like Birdo...I guess they are free to stretch it in any way they want as long as it’s still BASED on Yoshi.

Top Bottom