• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Congrats y'all, not really happy with what I saw today, but this was a nice moment.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, I did not expect that.

Seriously, when he was teasing upsilon characters, I thought it was gonna be Alph.

Well now we can have Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy have couples battles.

RIP Waluigi.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow! I’m shocked! Daisy actually got in Smash! But at the same time, I’m not surprised she’s a Peach clone.

Congratulations!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I now wonder what’s the difference between an echo fighter and a clone?

Does Lucina keep her old sweet spot or is she now a completely Marth alt?

Does Dark Pit change his side B to match Pit’s?

And if they keep these minor differences... what does Daisy get?

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I now wonder what’s the difference between an echo fighter and a clone?

Does Lucina keep her old sweet spot or is she now a completely Marth alt?

Does Dark Pit change his side B to match Pit’s?

And if they keep these minor differences... what does Daisy get?
This is probably wishful thinking, but her animations are obviously different (more aggressive/expressive, I'm guessing), she might be just a little faster, stronger in some moves, etc. A few moves might be changed if they don't fit her personality, float will probably be removed.

Overall, I think Echo Characters are gonna be clones ("based off other characters"), but with one or two things different, be it attributes, some moves, etc. If they were the exact same, he'd give them a palette swap like Alph.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Congrats guys!

So do echo fighters get their own roster select icon? I noticed that Peach and Daisy are not in the playable E3 build.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
“Echo Fighter” seems to be the official name for “clone” to me.
Seems like Sakurai's way of trying to phase out what's more easily argument-prone type pf a term for these kind of characters.

Quite bummed however that Peach is not in Treehouse's demo as far as we've seen, I'm dying to see how Daisy differs from Peach exactly.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Yaaaaaaaas. Omfg yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas. I've been wanting Daisy in since melee. Everybody that knows me from the locals and in the competitive smash scene here in Florida know how badly I love Daisy and now she's finally in

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I did not expect her at all, but wow. The era of memoryman comes to a close.

WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever congrats on getting Daisy right as a last-minute clone.

Hey Cosmic77 Cosmic77 , you have that Daisy pic again? I would love to have it as my avatar, especially with the current circumstances. I accepted my loss since Tom Nook was de-confirmed as part of Villager's Final Smash.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Awwww. My moveset's still here!

Even if she's an echo character, I'm excited she's in. I high-fived my brother about fifty times consecutively when she came up onscreen.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever congrats on getting Daisy right as a last-minute clone.

Hey Cosmic77 Cosmic77 , you have that Daisy pic again? I would love to have it as my avatar, especially with the current circumstances. I accepted my loss since Tom Nook was de-confirmed as part of Villager's Final Smash.
Thanks! Although I was far from the only person predicting Daisy! (And I really thought Daisy would ditch the float. She did not)

I thought that Daisy's chances would skyrocket if planned clones returned (and for those three seconds Sakurai explain how Echo Characters worked, I had a bit of a rush because I thought Daisy would be next), and even if her differences are confirmed to be around Dark Pit/Lucina levels instead of my preferred semi-clone route with Daisy even having a float, I'm still glad to be one of the 9 lucky people to put Daisy on SourceGaming's 16 characters list. (Then again, I did not have Ridley while including Bomberman and Takamaru)
I really hope your analysis will still work out, even if Tom is not in.

Meanwhile, I'm happy and relieved my job has been fullfilled in this speculation round. It's been a doozy, but it will be less hectic going forward since her confirmation.

My hopes for a more decloned moveset are on Vegetable (which we have not seen Daisy pull and I'd like Daisy to have a less technical version of), and Dash Attack (which I kinda hope she gets a more athletic one instead of Peach's Magic Push)

A lot of moves have already been shown to be the same as Peach's, so I won't get my hopes up.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Thanks! Although I was far from the only person predicting Daisy!

I thought that Daisy's chances would skyrocket if planned clones returned (and for those three seconds Sakurai explain how Echo Characters worked, I had a bit of a rush because I thought Daisy would be next), and even if her differences are confirmed to be around Dark Pit/Lucina levels instead of my preferred semi-clone route with Daisy even having a float, I'm still glad to be one of the 9 lucky people to put Daisy on SourceGaming's 16 characters list. (Then again, I did not have Ridley while including Bomberman and Takamaru)
I really hope your analysis will still work out, even if Tom is not in.

Meanwhile, I'm happy and relieved my job has been fullfilled in this speculation round. It's been a doozy, but it will be less hectic going forward since her confirmation.

My hopes for a more decloned moveset are on Vegetable (which we have not seen Daisy pull and I'd like Daisy to have a less technical version of), and Dash Attack (which I kinda hope she gets a more athletic one instead of Peach's Magic Push)

A lot of moves have already been shown to be the same as Peach's, so I won't get my hopes up.
Even though it's not what I hoped for, I am glad that she made it in, this is enough to my quell my thirst of her being in Smash.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Congrats guys!

She may be an epsilon character, but her personality isn't.. and from what I've seen it's really on display, heh. Definitely will enjoy using her like I have in so many Mario spinoff games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a reminder; intentionally gloating towards disconfirmed characters will be treated as trolling. So don't.

Also, Echo Fighters are pretty neat. I did want her to be more than a "clone", but I'm still glad she's in.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Congratulations, everybody! I think that this is the most fitting position for her in Smash, quite honestly. On the bright side, this is better than a recolor or retexture of Peach. You can see she shares many traits with Peach, but she also has her own unique quirks that makes her Daisy. I didn't even know that echo characters could be a thing, but I'm glad Daisy's a part of this new feature!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 and any other vivid Daisy fan, congratulations, really! I got really happy when I saw her finally in the game! XD I bet, Aussie, that now Daisy can ask Ridley about that flying trip he owes her, remember? :p That is, if he isn't too distracted making company to Rosa.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 and any other vivid Daisy fan, congratulations, really! I got really happy when I saw her finally in the game! XD I bet, Aussie, that now Daisy can as Ridley about that flying trip he owes her, remember? :p That is, if he isn't too distracted making company to Rosa.
Si se pudo! (It was possible!)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay I thought it was a ridiculous idea and I doubted it. But honestly, I'm happy for you Daisy fans! And since she plays like Peach I will most likely use her! I'm happy!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I still have it, but the Champions haven't been confirmed or disconfirmed yet. You want to take the Daisy avatar already?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It feels so unreal to see her in the confirmed characters section.

Guess all that’s left to do is speculate of what her Final Smash should be before the game is out.

I wonder what it could be though. The Sky Pop or one of her spinoff specials

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

Guess all that’s left to do is speculate of what her Final Smash should be before the game is out.

Hopefully instead of the typically feminine, elegant dance, Daisy gets more of a move that enables more action and excitement to stand in contrast of Peach. Whatever it is, it should have flowers!

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
A BIG congratulations to the Daisy supporters!

If I am being honest I have always immediately hated Mario newcomers that weren't Toad/Captain Toad. (I still am bitter about Rosalina and Bowser Jr.)

But I am actually looking forward to Daisy. Peach has been my main since Melee. So I am excited to see how Daisy is different to Peach. And I have wanted Daisy as a clone/costume to Peach for quite awhile. In Smash 4 I wanted Daisy to be an intricate costume for Peach (like Olimar/Alph or Bowser Jr/The Koopalings)

So I'm kinda excited for Daisy.... But... Still holding on to hope for my Captain Toad. :p

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
A BIG congratulations to the Daisy supporters!

If I am being honest I have always immediately hated Mario newcomers that weren't Toad/Captain Toad. (I still am bitter about Rosalina and Bowser Jr.)

But I am actually looking forward to Daisy. Peach has been my main since Melee. So I am excited to see how Daisy is different to Peach. And I have wanted Daisy as a clone/costume to Peach for quite awhile. In Smash 4 I wanted Daisy to be an intricate costume for Peach (like Olimar/Alph or Bowser Jr/The Koopalings)

So I'm kinda excited for Daisy.... But... Still holding on to hope for my Captain Toad. :p
That's the spirit, my dude! Toad is the last Mario all-star I (we) need, specially' since Daisy's now a part of the fam.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I just saw her white color scheme, I like it. Since there's still the chance of her having a different final smash, I am still hoping it's Crystal Smash from Mario Strikers Charged.

Top Bottom