• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
To be fair, Geno could still show up but yeah, really didn't believe Daisy would be in first over Waluigi
To be the fairest, CT could still show up :laugh:

I'm curious though, why didn't you believe Daisy could be in first? Honestly I thought the two would get in together, but that Daisy could get in first alone as a type of clone (which actually ended up happening, future vision!!!). I never thought Waluigi would get in alone tbh but that might just be me

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be the fairest, CT could still show up :laugh:

I'm curious though, why didn't you believe Daisy could be in first? Honestly I thought the two would get in together, but that Daisy could get in first alone as a type of clone (which actually ended up happening, future vision!!!). I never thought Waluigi would get in alone tbh but that might just be me
It was a complicated process, first I belived she'd be in as the Falco to Peach's Fox. Then Rosalina and the apparent crackdown on clones happened. I held out hope during the DLC but it became apparent that they were going for 3rd parties.

I saw Waluigi getting in, but as his own character as even thought he's evil Luigi, his proportions are all different. I wonder if that's what killed his chances...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I just wanted to say congratulations on finally getting Daisy as a playable character. Even if she’s just an “Echo fighter”, she looks fun and interesting enough with the unique quirks that separate her from Peach that I think she makes a welcoming addition to the roster.

As a Ridley supporter, I know how it feels to be put down by detractors and rejections time and time again. I’m just glad that we both finally got our big breaks this time, now and forever.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey Daisy fans, do you have any idea what song plays in her trailer and what it's connection to her is?

Assuming Custom Stages Return, I wonder what I'll make her stage and what song to use. I'll probably have it with Pyramids and Flowers. Probably use the Mario Tennis/Golf theme if it returns. Could use The Mario Land Underground theme but I feel it's not really fitting aside from being from the same game. (I like to make custom stages for each character)
That song is the Main Theme from Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. It's a neat touch to one of her bigger appearances as a spinoff character.

And that sounds like a cool idea. Have fun when you do make it.

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
since daisy's gimmick in super Mario run is well 2 jumps & smash already has 2 jumps maybe daisy will get 3 jumps Instead of floating & since she is a tomboy she probly hits harder more damage & knockback would be my guess

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Wonder if they'll remove the floating at launch. she was definitely a last minute addition.
I didn't even notice she could float, but sure enough, it's there in one of her images. It just feels weird that they're not changing much. All I can really see different is that her Up Smash has a little less knockback, since it apparently combos into Up B? But that could just be something like Ryu's trailer in Smash 4, where things that do not combo at all are shown to combo.

All in all, yeah, it almost feels like she was added a few days before E3. Like the phrase "Echo Fighter" popped into Sakurai's mind on the 10th, and he scrambled to add something that would fit kinda well, and since Daisy looks like Peach, sorta, it worked. Change up a few taunts, entrance animation, and facial expressions, and it's new enough to show off. I'm holding out hope she's tweaked quite a lot over the next 6 months. Removing that epsilon is my dream, honestly, she's so much more than a Peach clone to me.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Congratulations guys and gals!!! Wasn’t expecting her but here she is!!! I’m happy for all of you, how is the general reaction to Daisy being a Echo fighter? I imagine it’s bittersweet. Also....I’m curious I think Peach might be getting an entirely new final smash...one that might also fit Daisy too!

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations guys and gals!!! Wasn’t expecting her but here she is!!! I’m happy for all of you, how is the general reaction to Daisy being a Echo fighter? I imagine it’s bittersweet. Also....I’m curious I think Peach might be getting an entirely new final smash...one that might also fit Daisy too!
Bittersweet, yeah. If there's any chance she'll have a better, unique moveset, I'll probably drop dead when it's announced. But for now, a Peach Echo is good enough. A little disappointing to see a canon name for, let's face it, a direct clone, but y'know, it can't be helped.

And I'm hoping for a Strikers-centric Final Smash, preferably separate from Peach (who will probably get a new FS, like you said). Dark Pit has a different Final Smash from Pit (sorta generic, but different), while Lucina has the same one as Marth. So, really, 50/50, but we can hope!

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even notice she could float, but sure enough, it's there in one of her images. It just feels weird that they're not changing much. All I can really see different is that her Up Smash has a little less knockback, since it apparently combos into Up B? But that could just be something like Ryu's trailer in Smash 4, where things that do not combo at all are shown to combo.

All in all, yeah, it almost feels like she was added a few days before E3. Like the phrase "Echo Fighter" popped into Sakurai's mind on the 10th, and he scrambled to add something that would fit kinda well, and since Daisy looks like Peach, sorta, it worked. Change up a few taunts, entrance animation, and facial expressions, and it's new enough to show off. I'm holding out hope she's tweaked quite a lot over the next 6 months. Removing that epsilon is my dream, honestly, she's so much more than a Peach clone to me.
Ditto. Otherwise, we'll never hear the end of so many salty disgruntled gents going on about how their point was proven, & how it shoulda been (insert character here) instead.

Just as a side thought, if they were to Luigify Daisy in the coming months, how hilarious would it be if her forward smash had oversized Mario Land set pieces instead of golf clubs & rackets? Like she'd smack people with easter island heads & sphinx enemies as big as her, maybe a Genkotsu (those giant fists that come outta pipes), or even that UFO that Mario emerges from at the start of some levels.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Ditto. Otherwise, we'll never hear the end of so many salty disgruntled gents going on about how their point was proven, & how it shoulda been (insert character here) instead.

Just as a side thought, if they were to Luigify Daisy in the coming months, how hilarious would it be if her forward smash had oversized Mario Land set pieces instead of golf clubs & rackets? Like she'd smack people with easter island heads & sphinx enemies as big as her, maybe a Genkotsu (those giant fists that come outta pipes), or even that UFO that Mario emerges from at the start of some levels.
Personally, I think F-Smash is one of the maybe 2 or 3 Peach moves that fit Daisy pretty well. They're sports-related, but I think it'd be better if she actually went into a sports stance while using them (rather than all of them being two-handed horizontal kinda-golf swings). The only blatant issue I see is the frying pan.
That being said, I think a slap from Mario Party 3 (when she knocks Bowser away) would be a great F-Smash.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I have mixed feelings about this. I really wanted her to be in, but I didn't want her to be a Peach clone. I wanted her sports outfit, not the Peach skin of Daisy taking her own slot. Well, I sure hope Peach and Daisy could get their sports outfits as alternate costumes.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That song is the Main Theme from Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. It's a neat touch to one of her bigger appearances as a spinoff character.

And that sounds like a cool idea. Have fun when you do make it.
Personally, I would've preferred a new version of Super Mario Land's theme, but a reference to her various sport title appearances is still a good choice.

I'm hoping that echo characters get slight stage representation, whether it's by music or actual stages. Lucina technically got a Fire Emblem Awakening specific stage, though we could really thank Robin for that.

A Mario Tennis/Golf/Strikers/Sluggers/& Sonic at the Olympics stage with music from various games in the series would be fantastic.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I am extremely happy and shocked that Daisy made it in. Not only was she revealed, but on e3? Wow. Didn't even put her in a random Nintendo direct, but e3 itself.

I don't mind at all that she's an Echo of Peach since I'm a Peach main. I hope her moveset and speed is superior. I HOPE she gets a new final Smash though. Can't wait to hear her voice clips.

Lastly, I have endlessly been watching people's reactions on videos to her, and I can't wait to see competitive Smashers play as her

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What do you guys think her final smash will be?
A variance of Peach's, where instead of dancing and lulling everyone to sleep, it's just her shouting "HI I'M DAISY!" repeatedly to incapacitate her enemies into a stunned state. All while carrots, not peaches, fall from the sky.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I would've preferred a new version of Super Mario Land's theme, but a reference to her various sport title appearances is still a good choice.

I'm hoping that echo characters get slight stage representation, whether it's by music or actual stages. Lucina technically got a Fire Emblem Awakening specific stage, though we could really thank Robin for that.

A Mario Tennis/Golf/Strikers/Sluggers/& Sonic at the Olympics stage with music from various games in the series would be fantastic.
A Super Mario Land stage was planned but scrapped in the end. What if Daisy was actually planned for 4 but got cut due to time problems? Bowser Jr. barely made it in. So maybe that's why her stage went missing.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I still hope Smash Ultimate has a story mode, either cinematic or text bubbles.

Similar to Palutena's guidance, they can have characters on either side throwing text back and forth before a battle. I'd like for each character to have their own individual story mode!

For Daisy's story, I'd like to see her fight Rosalina as one of her matches lol

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm at least hoping for Princess Daisy to be a faster and stronger counterpart to Princess Peach. So as to emphasize Daisy's athleticism.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I'm at least hoping for Princess Daisy to be a faster and stronger counterpart to Princess Peach. So as to emphasize Daisy's athleticism.
There are rumors that Lucina is now faster than Marth, but a Nintendo Treehouse meeting on GameXplain said that Echo Fighters have the same attributes. Meaning run speed, fall speed, air speed, jump height, general knockback/damage, etc. That's why Dr. Mario (slower and stronger than Mario) and Pichu (weaker than Pikachu, but weirdly slower) aren't considered Echoes.

I hate to say it, but Daisy is probably gonna be just as slow as Peach, who's actually one of the slowest characters in all of Smash (Slower than Bowser and Ike, to put it in perspective).

NNID
Samyatang
Heya guys, after a long hiatus, I'm back! And...I just gotta say..

OH MY GOD, WE ACTUALLY DID IT. WE DID IT, WE GOT DAISY INTO SMASH. THANK YOU SAKURAI!!!

...Ahem, now that that's out of my system, let me just say that I am so darn happy about Daisy being included in Smash. For a long time, the dream of Daisy being playable in Smash was pretty much dead to me.
And then, at E3, they revealed Daisy in Smash. The thing that I had thought was the most unlikely thing to happen, literally happened right then. And then not to mention, this almost killed me because I was still in complete disbelief of all the veterans returning this iteration of Smash!
To think Daisy is inally going to be able to duke it out with Nintendo's All-Stars in Smash? That's insane to me, man!

...But of course, it was bittersweet. Like, I'm not going to dramatize this or anything, but I share the same opinions as some other people on here on Daisy's whole situation as being an "echo fighter." Now, this is not really a problem that she's a clone of Peach. Most of us already knew this was the most likely outcome. I can respect that, because let's face it, Daisy is mostly known for being very similar to Peach.
What I don't like is that it took the concept of Clone characters and somehow made it even lazier. I don't want to be that person, but it kind of sucks that the clone characters now have another branch of 'sub-clones' that are even less distinguishable. It was stated in the Treehouse presentation that Echo fighters are so similar to their base characters that they won't change base stats, like run/fall speed, knockback, etc., which really bummed me out.
It is literally crunching numbers at that point to determine a character's stats. They could have done this for Daisy, Lucina, and Dark Pit. That's my main gripe with echo fighters. Their novelties are literally being glorified costumes. It just kind of upsets me that they had the time to make changes that could make a difference in gameplay and didn't. At the very least, like I said, they could have at least changed core stats for the echo fighters.

But even though, Daisy is in the game, playable, and aside from being Peach's echo fighter, and that's all I really wanted was to have Daisy playable without having to pretend about Peach's palette swap. And that is certainly enough to satisfy me. I still have my fingers crossed that maybe echo fighters will have some surprises that weren't made known to us quite yet.
Either way, having Daisy playable in Smash is my dream come true, and with her being playable (along with Pichu and Young Link returning) I don't think Smash can get much better for me lol.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Same attributes huh?

That is unfortunate. That said, they promised differences, even if they are very slight.

I will not accept any Debby Downers in this thread. Daisy getting in is nothing short of a miracle between the small newcomer amount and the ever-increasing roster number running towards a reboot, we got lucky.

Obviously I wish Echo Characters would be somewhat more distinctive, but I saw the float n Toad and I figured beggars can't be choosers.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Same attributes huh?

That is unfortunate. That said, they promised differences, even if they are very slight.

I will not accept any Debby Downers in this thread. Daisy getting in is nothing short of a miracle between the small newcomer amount and the ever-increasing roster number running towards a reboot, we got lucky.

Obviously I wish Echo Characters would be somewhat more distinctive, but I saw the float n Toad and I figured beggars can't be choosers.
I agree. Given the very small amount of newcomers ahead, getting in as an Echo was probably her only chance of getting in at all.

In any case her being in was the biggest hype moment of the e3 for me. I wanted het badly but had not my hopes up. And as a Peach main I guess playing as her won't be much of a trouble.

Last edited:

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Heya guys, after a long hiatus, I'm back! And...I just gotta say..

OH MY GOD, WE ACTUALLY DID IT. WE DID IT, WE GOT DAISY INTO SMASH. THANK YOU SAKURAI!!!

...Ahem, now that that's out of my system, let me just say that I am so darn happy about Daisy being included in Smash. For a long time, the dream of Daisy being playable in Smash was pretty much dead to me.
And then, at E3, they revealed Daisy in Smash. The thing that I had thought was the most unlikely thing to happen, literally happened right then. And then not to mention, this almost killed me because I was still in complete disbelief of all the veterans returning this iteration of Smash!
To think Daisy is inally going to be able to duke it out with Nintendo's All-Stars in Smash? That's insane to me, man!

...But of course, it was bittersweet. Like, I'm not going to dramatize this or anything, but I share the same opinions as some other people on here on Daisy's whole situation as being an "echo fighter." Now, this is not really a problem that she's a clone of Peach. Most of us already knew this was the most likely outcome. I can respect that, because let's face it, Daisy is mostly known for being very similar to Peach.
What I don't like is that it took the concept of Clone characters and somehow made it even lazier. I don't want to be that person, but it kind of sucks that the clone characters now have another branch of 'sub-clones' that are even less distinguishable. It was stated in the Treehouse presentation that Echo fighters are so similar to their base characters that they won't change base stats, like run/fall speed, knockback, etc., which really bummed me out.
It is literally crunching numbers at that point to determine a character's stats. They could have done this for Daisy, Lucina, and Dark Pit. That's my main gripe with echo fighters. Their novelties are literally being glorified costumes. It just kind of upsets me that they had the time to make changes that could make a difference in gameplay and didn't. At the very least, like I said, they could have at least changed core stats for the echo fighters.

But even though, Daisy is in the game, playable, and aside from being Peach's echo fighter, and that's all I really wanted was to have Daisy playable without having to pretend about Peach's palette swap. And that is certainly enough to satisfy me. I still have my fingers crossed that maybe echo fighters will have some surprises that weren't made known to us quite yet.
Either way, having Daisy playable in Smash is my dream come true, and with her being playable (along with Pichu and Young Link returning) I don't think Smash can get much better for me lol.
If it makes you feel better, thanks to the lack of tipper, Lucina has different knockback and percent damage in all of her attacks. The problem here is that Lucina and Dark Pit are both echoes, but Lucina has actually like ten times more differences than Dark Pit, and that's why in tier lists Marth and Lucina have different spots.
But I wouldn't worry too much, Daisy got an idle pose unlike them and oh my freaking God the v thing and wink is so cute and good that I am positive that she will have something radically different, which I think it will be her down b, which hasn't been show yet, strangely enough.
It may seem not like it, but they do care for her more than we think, since her character is full of personality (even more than in your average spin off) and even if her differences are minimal, they still decided to give her her own spot. It could have been much much worse. And blue toad is best :D

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Same attributes huh?

I like your positivity!

To be fair, Geno could still show up but yeah, really didn't believe Daisy would be in first over Waluigi
If Geno shows up I will be so happy. I was never a supporter, but do I love Super Mario RPG. Such a classic. Square currently has one rep while Sega and Capcom have two each (Sonic/Bayonetta, Mega Man/Ryu), so it could happen, yes. I would rather have him than Sora, but that is just me.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I like your positivity!

If Geno shows up I will be so happy. I was never a supporter, but do I love Super Mario RPG. Such a classic. Square currently has one rep while Sega and Capcom have two each (Sonic/Bayonetta, Mega Man/Ryu), so it could happen, yes. I would rather have him than Sora, but that is just me.
I only accept negativity if it is coupled with activism. I was thinking to set up a campaign of sorts to change Blue Toad to a Super Mario Land enemy.
Peach's moveset fits Daisy in general, even though I've liked some animation changes, but Daisy got in by playing a different game than unique Mario characters and this is the game that got her in.
We can't force Sakurai to cut the float and rebalance everything, and changing the weird outliers like UAir (which honestly is the only move that doesn't suit Daisy in the core, the rest suits Daisy enough) isn't worth it.

That said, changing the model from Blue Toad to, I dunno, the zombie enemies and maybe even change the Veggies would impact Daisy's moveset visually a lot, without intervening in the balance department.

D

Deleted member

Daisy in Smash is a positive thing and let's have it wash away a certain memory.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Let's not forget this game is still in developement so of course most of the things will change with time, if Daisy has the same moveset as Peach now they will probably revisit it a bit until the release of the game.

SmashWiki also pointed out something interesting, one of Daisy's attacks has a different effect on the foe compared to Peach's, here is the link to the page.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Daisy_(SSBU)

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
While I’m fine with daisy being a peach echo, I think another great idea would have been making her a Wii Fit Trainer echo!

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Let's not forget this game is still in developement so of course most of the things will change with time, if Daisy has the same moveset as Peach now they will probably revisit it a bit until the release of the game.

SmashWiki also pointed out something interesting, one of Daisy's attacks has a different effect on the foe compared to Peach's, here is the link to the page.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Daisy_(SSBU)
As cool as that would be, it's not true. Notice the smoke sending Yoshi at a 45° angle upward, same as Peach Bomber (a Sakurai angle, 361, sends at 45° upward in the air, but can range from 0 to 40-ish degrees on a grounded opponent, which allows it to lock at low percents. People may be misconstruing a 10 or 20° angle for a downward angle, since fall-speed/gravity makes it look as such).

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
So what's the consensus with yall?
Everyone okay with her being an 'echo' and not with a %100 new moveset?

Wish she was in the demo. Im curious about her.... 'echo-y-ness'
I hope she can be more like Falco, rather than a Lucina kinda echo.

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman

Wish she was in the demo. Im curious of her.... 'echo-y-ness'
As much as I wish she was her own unique character, I'm fine with it. She's here at all, so I'm content with an Echo.

It's a little disappointing to have a clone, but not enough that I dislike the game at all. I'm still gonna play (and probably main) her.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Wish she was in the demo. Im curious about her.... 'echo-y-ness'
Peach's moveset is quite technical, so I wished Daisy would cut the float and make it easier for me to play her.
A 100% unique moveset wouldn't have gotten her in and if Echo is the terms we got her on we gotta accept that.

Echo Characters are confirmed to have the same attributes such as fall speed and run speed, so I think a Lucina style clone is the best we can get.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Congratulations to all Daisy fans!
While i wasn't an active supporter i always had a liking to her character, so i'm glad she's now playable and boy her animations looks so cute.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I'm glad Daisy has the float. Though it would have looked cooler with her sports clothes. Is there any chance her athletic gear could be an alternate costume?

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad Daisy has the float. Though it would have looked cooler with her sports clothes. Is there any chance her athletic gear could be an alternate costume?
The only alt we've seen is the same white dress that Peach has, so maybe. I actually wanted her to be in her Strikers outfit (since I originally rooted for a Strikers-centric moveset), so I sure hope it comes to fruition. At the same time, though, it might interfere with a few animations (Check out Peach's Side B in those Biker/Strikers/Sports outfit Smash 4/Project M mods, they look odd because the animation was made specifically with the dress' movement/shape in mind). We'll just have to see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom