• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I'm not too optimistic for Daisy (only a small glimmer of hope), but I do think we will most likely get a story mode like Subspace. In the time they started working on the game, I think it's definitely possible for them to have animated an entire story, especially since I think they might be reusing most character models (which already look good and would save them time).

I think the models will be the only reused resources.

Last edited:
NNID
Samyatang
Hey guys, long time no see! I've been here since the old thread I believe, but I haven't been very much involved with the concept of Daisy being in Smash lately.
Personally, the whole thing was a bit draining because I placed my hope a bit too firmly in the idea o her inclusion. So to be honest, for that reason (and having to deal with a toxic individuals in the community in general) Smash has let quite a bitter taste in my mouth.
Don't get me wrong, I am super stoked that there's a new (possibly?) Smash game on the horizon and so soon at that--but I can't help but be reminded of the whole Daisy fiasco whenever I think of Smash.
Her not being in Smash honestly bugged me a bit more than I thought it would. So I kinda been in and out of Smash.

Anyhow, things have turned around for Daisy a bit this time around. The only thing that discourages me is her abundant amount of hate (no thanks to certain individuals who I don't think I need to mention at this point.)
There are also several other characters that would probably be considered before her.
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic this time and try to focus more on the gameplay and modes this time around instead of character speculation. That stuff can really be soul-crushing.

However, Daisy being included in things such as Super Mario Run has made me a bit more hopeful, and I noticed that things are a lot better for her than it was during Smash 4's time. Like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic.
I'm not going to place my hopes unrealistically high and I'm totally down with the fact that Daisy's chances are still relatively low.

Here are a list of factors why I'm still hopeful for Daisy being included in Smash as well.

-Daisy is becoming more relevant these days. As much as I hate the relevant argument, it seems to be a valid criteria for becoming playable in Smash. (Mentioning her inclusion to Super Mario Run, most notably.)
-She generally has a lot of support nowadays. Not to the extent of other characters, but she definitely has popularity that I think would be hard to completley ignore.
-She is becoming more of a 'main' Mario character. It's a slow process but I'm starting to see a pattern.

These are the references in Smash 4 that I think might hold some water too--but are more of a point of interest rather than definitive proof:
-She has quite a few references in Smash Wii U / 3DS, having the most trophies or a non-playbale character.She is also referenced quite heavily in Peach's congradulations video in Smash Wii U, and in her congradulations screen in Smash 3DS.
Also, Rosalina's congradulations screen in Smash Wii U seem to be making a reference to a past artwork of Peach and Daisy. I would say it's just a coincidence, but the placement and posture kind of makes it hard to thik it wasn't intended.
-Daisy's trophy description in Smash 3DS seems to be sort of questionable. It makes it sound like it's sort of hinting at something. (Partically in the EU version, the quote being "Would you say you're more Team Peach or Team Daisy? Or maybe... Team Both?")
-Peach's Daisy alt is the least accurate it's ever been as far as I know.
-When you unlock Daisy's Baseball trophy in Smash Wii U, it's a picture of Peach in the Daisy costume swinging a home-run bat.
-And this might be one of the biggest things, but there was a scrapped Super Mario Land stage.

So yeah...I've also got to a point where I'm 100% down with Daisy being an alt or Peach at the very least. And, if she's not that, then I would accept her as a clone too. I would accept anything (except for the palette swap) at this point.
So that's my 2 cents on Daisy in Smash this time away. I'm still rooting for her but I'm not going to be overly optimistic this time around.

P.S. I would also like to be added to the support list, but I don't think I'll be very active on these boards like how I used to be.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, long time no see! I've been here since the old thread I believe, but I haven't been very much involved with the concept of Daisy being in Smash lately.
Personally, the whole thing was a bit draining because I placed my hope a bit too firmly in the idea o her inclusion. So to be honest, for that reason (and having to deal with a toxic individuals in the community in general) Smash has let quite a bitter taste in my mouth.
Don't get me wrong, I am super stoked that there's a new (possibly?) Smash game on the horizon and so soon at that--but I can't help but be reminded of the whole Daisy fiasco whenever I think of Smash.
Her not being in Smash honestly bugged me a bit more than I thought it would. So I kinda been in and out of Smash.

Anyhow, things have turned around for Daisy a bit this time around. The only thing that discourages me is her abundant amount of hate (no thanks to certain individuals who I don't think I need to mention at this point.)
There are also several other characters that would probably be considered before her.
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic this time and try to focus more on the gameplay and modes this time around instead of character speculation. That stuff can really be soul-crushing.

However, Daisy being included in things such as Super Mario Run has made me a bit more hopeful, and I noticed that things are a lot better for her than it was during Smash 4's time. Like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic.
I'm not going to place my hopes unrealistically high and I'm totally down with the fact that Daisy's chances are still relatively low.

Here are a list of factors why I'm still hopeful for Daisy being included in Smash as well.

-Daisy is becoming more relevant these days. As much as I hate the relevant argument, it seems to be a valid criteria for becoming playable in Smash. (Mentioning her inclusion to Super Mario Run, most notably.)
-She generally has a lot of support nowadays. Not to the extent of other characters, but she definitely has popularity that I think would be hard to completley ignore.
-She is becoming more of a 'main' Mario character. It's a slow process but I'm starting to see a pattern.

These are the references in Smash 4 that I think might hold some water too--but are more of a point of interest rather than definitive proof:
-She has quite a few references in Smash Wii U / 3DS, having the most trophies or a non-playbale character.She is also referenced quite heavily in Peach's congradulations video in Smash Wii U, and in her congradulations screen in Smash 3DS.
Also, Rosalina's congradulations screen in Smash Wii U seem to be making a reference to a past artwork of Peach and Daisy. I would say it's just a coincidence, but the placement and posture kind of makes it hard to thik it wasn't intended.
-Daisy's trophy description in Smash 3DS seems to be sort of questionable. It makes it sound like it's sort of hinting at something. (Partically in the EU version, the quote being "Would you say you're more Team Peach or Team Daisy? Or maybe... Team Both?")
-When you unlock Daisy's Baseball trophy in Smash Wii U, it's a picture of Peach in the Daisy costume swinging a home-run bat.
-And this might be one of the biggest things, but there was a scrapped Super Mario Land stage.

So yeah...I've also got to a point where I'm 100% down with Daisy being an alt or Peach at the very least. And, if she's not that, then I would accept her as a clone too. I would accept anything (except for the palette swap) at this point.
So that's my 2 cents on Daisy in Smash this time away. I'm still rooting for her but I'm not going to be overly optimistic this time around.

P.S. I would also like to be added to the support list, but I don't think I'll be very active on these boards like how I used to be.
I read everything and I can completely respect your decision. It is hard being a supporter of Daisy considering we will face the same hardships every day. The toxic behavior from detractors, certain fans making all of us look like trash, and those are all good reasons to really be less active here.

I'm pretty much like you. I would take anything at this point and won't be too optimistic like some others. A clone, a unique character, or even a good alt like the ones we have so far. Just as long as she gets more acknowledgement than the same flimsy color that Peach had since Melee.

And yes, I've added you back to the list. Take care.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

I agree wholeheartedly. Plus, I would often run into those who would go on to say Daisy is a lame and unoriginal character with no distinct personality trait, and one who is relegated to spin offs, yet praise Waluigi and say he apparently has more to his character and personality than she does.

It's perfectly fine if people prefer Waluigi and hate Daisy, but when I see people being hypocritical about it, it makes me a bit disgruntled. I understand the physical appearance comparison- people saying they like his design better or find him less annoying, but it doesn't make sense when it comes to spin off status- it doesn't make sense when those who want Waluigi say Daisy is irrelevant and a spin off fodder when Waluigi is one as well.

Last edited:
NNID
Samyatang
I read everything and I can completely respect your decision. It is hard being a supporter of Daisy considering we will face the same hardships every day. The toxic behavior from detractors, certain fans making all of us look like trash, and those are all good reasons to really be less active here.

I'm pretty much like you. I would take anything at this point and won't be too optimistic like some others. A clone, a unique character, or even a good alt like the ones we have so far. Just as long as she gets more acknowledgement than the same flimsy color that Peach had since Melee.

And yes, I've added you back to the list. Take care.
Yeah, I still really love Daisy as a character (as my username would suggest forever lol) but I still think Smash is a pretty big step for her. Like, just consider this: Daisy is a character who isn't even guaranteed to get an official artwork in something as simple as Mario Tennis. (She didn't get one in Mario Tennis Aces, Peach and Rosalina did. She may have one later but idk.) So yeah, Smash is awfully ambitious or her.

But I'm not gonna count her short just yet. I'm just not getting my hopes up. Like, take the March 8th Direct for example. I came in there with low expectations, and we got Smash and blew my mind. So I'm gonna use that same mindset when it comes to Daisy. I'm not expecting her. But say, if she did get revealed, I'd be very surprised.

It's also good to appreciate all the little things that Daisy has going on. Like getting a costume in Mario Maker, being playable in Mario Run, getting in Mario Kart GP Dx...some people don't even have the luxury of playing as their favorite characters. Daisy may not be super-relevant, but it's almost a surefire thing that she'll make appearances annually. We may not have her in Smash, but we've got her elsewhere.

Even after that statement, I still have faith that her time for Smash is still coming. Heck, it might not even be this one. But I don't give up so easily. :grin:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, I still really love Daisy as a character (as my username would suggest forever lol) but I still think Smash is a pretty big step for her. Like, just consider this: Daisy is a character who isn't even guaranteed to get an official artwork in something as simple as Mario Tennis. (She didn't get one in Mario Tennis Aces, Peach and Rosalina did. She may have one later but idk.) So yeah, Smash is awfully ambitious or her.

But I'm not gonna count her short just yet. I'm just not getting my hopes up. Like, take the March 8th Direct for example. I came in there with low expectations, and we got Smash and blew my mind. So I'm gonna use that same mindset when it comes to Daisy. I'm not expecting her. But say, if she did get revealed, I'd be very surprised.

It's also good to appreciate all the little things that Daisy has going on. Like getting a costume in Mario Maker, being playable in Mario Run, getting in Mario Kart GP Dx...some people don't even have the luxury of playing as their favorite characters. Daisy may not be super-relevant, but it's almost a surefire thing that she'll make appearances annually. We may not have her in Smash, but we've got her elsewhere.

Even after that statement, I still have faith that her time for Smash is still coming. Heck, it might not even be this one. But I don't give up so easily. :grin:
These are all very good posts. Especially about having your expectations low which a hell lot made this Smash reveal great to everyone since last year's E3 didn't have the lick go Smash at all. Like it was at the point where I didn't want to expect Smash at all until 2020. But here we are.

And true enough. All the little things Daisy had gotten was worth the wait. The Super Mario Maker costume, her Amiibo, and even her surprising appearance in a major Mario mobile game (I need to play that more). These were all the things that kept us all got, even when Smash had long came out. That's why I love being here with you all.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would say you're welcome, but she's supposed to be like 13 right? So uh sorry
Yeah, that is indeed awkward.

But was good for a laugh. Anyways yeah, that artist really nailed Daisy's look. It's adorable.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Here's how I see it as far as Mario newcomer priority.

Captain Toad > Paper Mario > Walugi = Daisy > Geno (IF Square plays nice) > Toadette > Pauline > Birdo > Nabbit > Petey Pirahna > Fawful > Wart

This sounds pretty reasonable based on popularity, relevance, and notability in the Smash fandom.
Wait what Paper Mario? Did Sakurai say anything about him?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait what Paper Mario? Did Sakurai say anything about him?
No, Sakurai said nothing about Paper Mario.

I am only saying he has more priority over the spinoff duo because he is the star of his own RPG series and his popularity eclipses both easily.

Not to mention the many unique things you can do with him.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
No, Sakurai said nothing about Paper Mario.

I am only saying he has more priority over the spinoff duo because he is the star of his own RPG series and his popularity eclipses both easily.

Not to mention the many unique things you can do with him.
His series isn’t what it used to be and has faded and taken a hard hit the past few years. Several characters below him are on the rise, and I’d say Toadette is equal to Captain Toad because she can easily work as his alternate like the way koopalings do for Bowser jr.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
While we are on the subject of that list, can Nabbit be a bit higher than Birdo?

Sure Birdo had been playable in more spinoffs, but Nabbit is a rising star and has more going for him as far as unique abilities.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While we are on the subject of that list, can Nabbit be a bit higher than Birdo?

Sure Birdo had been playable in more spinoffs, but Nabbit is a rising star and has more going for him as far as unique abilities.
Nah. Birdo is arguably more iconic than Nabbit.

Sure she may not be that visible as far as Smash requests, but I can see her as a bigger Mario star than Nabbit. He's got that stage hazard problem going on for now.

His series isn’t what it used to be and has faded and taken a hard hit the past few years. Several characters below him are on the rise, and I’d say Toadette is equal to Captain Toad because she can easily work as his alternate like the way koopalings do for Bowser jr.
I can see the concern. Paper Mario support used to be pretty big pre-Smash 4. Then it kind of died off when games like Sticker Star and Color Splash came along. Even the former leader of the Paper Mario support just stepped down since he knew there was no good future for the series.

Though either way, I just see Sakurai as likelier to choose someone like Paper Mario over Daisy or Waluigi. Just a hunch.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Looks like my favoirte Nintendo fanartist seems to want Daisy along with my other Smash choices.

You see, THIS is the thing I missed the most about active Smash speculation. Sure it doesn't mean much, but nice to see another notable person show their support for Daisy.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I truly feel that this list would make females seem to be added by pronounced gender alone. I'd prefer to have female characters who when scanned across, felt like impactful icons to gaming.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I truly feel that this list would make females seem to be added by pronounced gender alone. I'd prefer to have female characters who when scanned across, felt like impactful icons to gaming.
Oh don't get me wrong. I am one of those people who also thinks that a character shouldn't be added just because of their gender, coming from a girl myself.

There's got to be more merits for that character's inclusion like impact (like you said), what new they can bring to the table, or anything that can ticks Sakurai's clocks.

Either way, it's pretty nice fanart.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh don't get me wrong. I am one of those people who also thinks that a character shouldn't be added just because of their gender, coming from a girl myself.

There's got to be more merits for that character's inclusion like impact (like you said), what new they can bring to the table, or anything that can ticks Sakurai's clocks.

Either way, it's pretty nice fanart.
Gorgeous. And I'm upset that I now cannot think of the dozens of female characters I previously had wanted.

Because Krystal is off of that list.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I don't understand, all the women in that artwork have legitimate reasons to be in Smash with clear popularity and moveset potential.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I don't understand, all the women in that artwork have legitimate reasons to be in Smash with clear popularity and moveset potential.
Eh some aren't THAT popular, but they're all cool (except idk whose on the top left)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Neat. No offense but shouldn't you be asleep like damn girl. I only stay up this late cause I got to.

Edit nvm it's Friday duh
I have no college anymore, or a job for that matter.

But I'll sleep soon. lol

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Here's how I see it as far as Mario newcomer priority.

Captain Toad > Paper Mario > Walugi = Daisy > Geno (IF Square plays nice) > Toadette > Pauline > Birdo > Nabbit > Petey Pirahna > Fawful > Wart

This sounds pretty reasonable based on popularity, relevance, and notability in the Smash fandom.
I'd put Petey before Nabbit :(
Unless Nabbit appears in Mario Tennis Aces he's more like Birdo than a rising star

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have a hard enough time thinking Waluigi brings enough to the table, but something about the symmetry of having him makes it feel more wholesome.

Yet adding Daisy feels 100% redundant to me- not that she couldnt be made unique, but that it would be too out of character for another Mario humanoid to be just a princess. Kind of like how Hyrule feels underrepresented by its current cast being mostly of the same race, when there are so many diverse ones. I wouldnt want Impa added as the sixth character when Sheik is the fifth, because Sheikah are not so dominant as to be 1/3 of the Hyrule roster.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have a hard enough time thinking Waluigi brings enough to the table, but something about the symmetry of having him makes it feel more wholesome.

Yet adding Daisy feels 100% redundant to me- not that she couldnt be made unique, but that it would be too out of character for another Mario humanoid to be just a princess. Kind of like how Hyrule feels underrepresented by its current cast being mostly of the same race, when there are so many diverse ones. I wouldnt want Impa added as the sixth character when Sheik is the fifth, because Sheikah are not so dominant as to be 1/3 of the Hyrule roster.
Well if the third princess doesn't work for your sense of symmetry, mine is that she completes the power up trio: Mushroom to Flower to Star.

Peach Toadstool, Princess of Mushrooms
Rosalina, Mother of the Stars
And Daisy. Kinda in the name realls

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well if the third princess doesn't work for your sense of symmetry, mine is that she completes the power up trio: Mushroom to Flower to Star.

Peach Toadstool, Princess of Mushrooms
Rosalina, Mother of the Stars
And Daisy. Kinda in the name realls
I appreciate that you can relate to the necessity of mental-symmetry. Though, I think it is actually these types of patterns which leave people feeling the roster is unbalanced.
I dont think of these three types as the singular powerup trio, even if that is what existed in the first games it has come so far.
And Rosalina, who is not a Princess technically (unless she is in fact Peach's daughter), resides over the whole galaxy. So to diminish that to just stars feels forced.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I could imagine both Daisy and Waluigi getting in at the same. Something tells me we won't get one or the other. It's either both of them, or just Captain Toad.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I could imagine both Daisy and Waluigi getting in at the same. Something tells me we won't get one or the other. It's either both of them, or just Captain Toad.
True me, we would be lucky to get both of them.

Only if Sakurai feels with with having two spinoff characters as the only Mario newcomers.

Three if he wants to finally give Toad (Captain or Vanilla) a chance.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Had to post this here after finding it.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Happy Mario day, Daisy fans.

Nintendo sent me an e mail, they say look at the new animal crossing app stuff for MAR10.

I’m kind of shocked Mario run got nothing. Not even a gold goomba event.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Happy Mario day, Daisy fans.

Nintendo sent me an e mail, they say look at the new animal crossing app stuff for MAR10.

I’m kind of shocked Mario run got nothing. Not even a good hookah event.
I guess this is it for Super Mario Run or they simply had no special promotional event for the game at the time.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I guess this is it for Super Mario Run or they simply had no special promotional event for the game at the time.
I doubt Nintendo would kill off Mario Run after a year.

More like they just couldn't think of anything special for this day.

NNID
Samyatang
One of my main concerns that still stand tall with Daisy these days is why she isn't included in more games in the Super Mario series.

Would it really hurt so bad as to add her in some of the Mario RPGs or something? To be honest, I'm still shocked that she got in Super Mario Run.
That's the only thing that turns me away from Daisy--the lack of information regarding why Daisy doesn't appear very often. But like I said, maybe things are starting to change for her.
It seems like someone at Nintendo might be trying to sort of 'revive' Daisy these days. Super Mario Run had a remixed version of the Easton Kingdom theme, and one of the LINE stickers featured a Oh! Daisy/Birabuto Kingdom music in the background.
Not to mention Daisy received a light redesign. I'm not sure if it even applies now sense she has no such redesign in Mario Tennis Aces. But I'm not going to over-speculate here, just observing.
I'm glad to see some progress being made to her. It might be small, but at least it's something. When you think about it, in the past six or so years, Daisy's come a long way.

Top Bottom