• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Wow that trailer was epic. It cerainly made up for the amount of ports that were shown.

I was like whoa....

I hope it's a new game and not a port! And as always, I hope Daisy makes it in.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This, that's why I think it a port at best with few newcomers this time around.

I hope E3 can prove us wrong. I doubt development time this short would mean loads of content.
But the four years suggested by the "Smash 6" job-listing is longer than any other Smash title has had in development to date, though. ;)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But the four years suggested by the "Smash 6" job-listing is longer than any other Smash title has had in development to date, though. ;)
You seem to have so much faith in those.

I will believe you for now Tortilla. I hope you are right.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As noted a bit higher up this very page, we know that "Smash 6" went into development at the same time that Super Mario Odyssey did, almost four years ago. ;)
Might then expect showcase of the new game then soon enough - there'll be a ton to show definitely if it's gonna be a new one up to the possible release this year.

I'm though still doubting since Sakurai mentioned working on a "new project", and it'd be tad tiring already for him to work on a new Smash after just being already done with 4 (since he kind of isn't into sequeling anyway).

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You seem to have so much faith in those.
To be fair, it's only logical - it was posted by a known-legitimate consultant, and it took place at the exact same time that Super Mario Odyssey and other major early Switch releases are known to have commenced development.

Occam's Razor (which posits that the explanation with the fewest assumptions is the one that's most likely to be correct) would suggest that this means that this major release went into the works at the same time as other major releases did.

Other explanations, such as a no-frills port of a game that was already using outdated assets upon its release almost four years ago being deemed ok for the Switch's crucial second year, require more assumptions and hoop-jumping, which suggests that they're illogical.

I will believe you for now Tortilla. I hope you are right.
Thankyou. ;)

Might then expect showcase of the new game then soon enough - there'll be a ton to show definitely if it's gonna be a new one up to the possible release this year.

I'm though still doubting since Sakurai mentioned working on a "new project", and it'd be tad tiring already for him to work on a new Smash after just being already done with 4 (since he kind of isn't into sequeling anyway).
Given the nature of Smash 3DS/Wii U's scalable engine, it's always been my belief that that part would be recycled. That means that other data can be brought over too, which would help to speed up development.

The positions that the April 2014 "Smash 6" job-listing were hiring for would all appear to suggest that they were hiring people to make new content.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But I will say this, don't get your hopes TOO high about Daisy being a likely candidate.

We would have to sit and wait. She could wind up being an Alph-style alt for all we know.

Remember when everyone thought she was likely as DLC because of Mario & Sonic at the Rio Games? Let's not have a repeat of the last time.

Last edited:

ThePocketPencil

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1006-0411-0276
Oh sweet, I can see it happening this time around, not many others to add from the Mario side anyways. And hey, I still have a message from legit 3 years ago I never saw till today, sorry :|

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What are you talking about? Any Smash news is unequivocally good news.
True true, just that not everyone would really like the idea of a enhanced port.

But hey, more Smash is good.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh sweet, I can see it happening this time around, not many others to add from the Mario side anyways. And hey, I still have a message from legit 3 years ago I never saw till today, sorry :|
No need to worry, I'll probably still add you to the support list assuming you were one of the few people we had overlooked.

You sound like Daisy support material to me.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I don't think we will get a minuscule amount of newcomers. I'm predicting at least 10, and I don't think that's pushing it

And about Daisy's likeliness- I don't remember anyone saying she was likely to be a ballot winner cause of the Olympic games.
This time however, I have a small amount of hope because of SMR and Mario Kart GP DX.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Personally I see it being a DX port.

DX port of Mario Kart added all DLC, Inklings, and Battle Mode (as well as battle mode stages).

But since Smash came out on two systems, there’s a lot more that would be required to DX that. So let’s start with the basics, add the DLC. This is great, it’s several great characters some awesome stages, which is great. And then you might get everything from both 3DS and Wii U (Smash Tour and Smash Run, all event matches, all hammer unlock screens, all trophies, all stages).

Then you know they’re adding at least one new Ink-credible character.

And we know they’re adding one new costume for Link.

What else could they add? To equal Mario kart battle mode (or even the extra modes added to Kirby Super Star DX back in the DS days) ? Well I don’t know if Smash Run alone cuts it.

Add some stages and netplay... and yeah, it does. Smash Run was so underused because it wasn’t on the Wii U version. But I might be pipe dreaming.

Other than that the obvious answer is a new subspace emissary. This is less likely, but I can’t rule it out because I remember how absolutely psyched Sakurai was every time he talked about Subspace Emissary pre-brawl. He might just really want to make another. With crazy boss fights and all that fun.

... and I’ll hope for a boss battle mode with playable bosses and asynchronous multiplayer, but it’s doubtful...

As for characters, we know they’re adding Inkling and a costume for Link.

Now that could be it. They only added Inkling to Mario Kart DX (character wise).

But, Nintendo also likes money.

And there is a LOT of money to be made in another round of Smash DLC. If they go for this, I could see Daisy having a shot as free DLC or DLC that’s added to make the pricing better because she’s liable to be a clone or an alt.

Breath of the Wild Link being added a costume also gives her better odds of being a full alt instead of just an homage costume. She’d be a fairly quick one they’d go to if they were adding more alts.

Now if they don’t plan to do DLC, I don’t see them adding a whole mess of new characters and costumes to the base game. But if they do, I see them also adding Ice Climbers and a couple of others before the round of DLC even starts as a ‘first taste of new characters is always free’ idea. I would say Daisy’s best shot of being an OC or anything but an alt is if this happens.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't think we will get a minuscule amount of newcomers. I'm predicting at least 10, and I don't think that's pushing it

And about Daisy's likeliness- I don't remember anyone saying she was likely to be a ballot winner cause of the Olympic games.
This time however, I have a small amount of hope because of SMR and Mario Kart GP DX.
Trust me, there were people that though she would be likely as a DLC character because of the Rio games.

You weren't one of them. But other Daisy fans had jumped the gun.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Breath of the Wild Link being added a costume also gives her better odds of being a full alt instead of just an homage costume. She’d be a fairly quick one they’d go to if they were adding more alts.
I agree. I'd obviously prefer her to be her own slot, but I'll take a Daisy alt! It'd be fun to fight as her in online mode.

And Bayonetta's alt costume effects are even more of a reason for them to do it.

But then again, I think about the fact that clone characters like Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina have their own slots, so why would Daisy be relegated to alt status. I will just wait I guess

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I agree. I'd obviously prefer her to be her own slot, but I'll take a Daisy alt! It'd be fun to fight as her in online mode.

And Bayonetta's alt costume effects are even more of a reason for them to do it.

But then again, I think about the fact that clone characters like Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina have their own slots, so why would Daisy be relegated to alt status. I will just wait I guess
Hell, even I wouldn't mind her as a clone really.

As long as there are real differences.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So a certain famous Twitter artist (a common video game fanartist) RobaatoX posted this recently.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I couldn't agree with him more. Glad that we have some big name people supporting Daisy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So a certain famous Twitter artist (a common video game fanartist) RobaatoX posted this recently.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I couldn't agree with him more. Glad that we have some big name people supporting Daisy.
Oh ****, the same Robaato we are talking about? The one who makes detailed fanart of Street Fighter girls and more?

This is great. He has the right idea in mind.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh Daisy Daisy, I hope if she gets in we can get some awesome Super Mario Land remixes, I would love to hear a remix of chai kingdom.
That is one of the many things we hope for since it is one of the best themes in the game.

And I guess I can add you to the list.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My gosh, that's a ton of sudden and notable vocal arising for Daisy. She's having quite a drive behind her now.

Anyway, do chalk me up as a supporter - though I'll be just giving you silent chants for luck from the heavens at my best for the time being now. You're gonna need it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
New game means that if Daisy's in, chances are she'll have a new moveset instead of being a Peach clone.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New game means that if Daisy's in, chances are she'll have a new moveset instead of being a Peach clone.
This game is NEW.
NEW logo, NEW (pending) title and development time comparable to Smash 4's (2012-2014 vs 2016-2018
I can trust that you are right on this. Especially with all the time spent on it.

Even one of my favorite competitive Smash players wants Daisy in. I was surprised! lol He's considered to be the best Luigi main in the competitive scene.

https://twitter.com/Elegant_Matt/status/971983076946411521
Yes, more support from the competitive Smash community. Just what we needed.

My gosh, that's a ton of sudden and notable vocal arising for Daisy. She's having quite a drive behind her now.

Anyway, do chalk me up as a supporter - though I'll be just giving you silent chants for luck from the heavens at my best for the time being now. You're gonna need it.

I'll add you back Valkyrie. Glad that you are willing to support again.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
TOAD.... does anyone in this support thread think Daisy could be added before TOAD???
If so, please explain to me. I have nothing against Daisy, I just really don't understand what about her adds a new element of the Mario series, without making her awkwardly different from the other characters.

And then, after Toad, I would quickly argue Paper Mario is a worthy character.
But hell, I still would love to see Boo added (and replace that pesky Jigglypuff with equivalent moves), so who knows.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
TOAD.... does anyone in this support thread think Daisy could be added before TOAD???
If so, please explain to me. I have nothing against Daisy, I just really don't understand what about her adds a new element of the Mario series, without making her awkwardly different from the other characters.

And then, after Toad, I would quickly argue Paper Mario is a worthy character.
But hell, I still would love to see Boo added (and replace that pesky Jigglypuff with equivalent moves), so who knows.
We kind of acknowledge that those two in particular (Paper Mario and Toad) are far likelier in comparison. Especially the latter thanks to the Captain Toad games.

It's more or less how Sakurai feels very strange about Toad as a character. He could had added him in Smash 4 back when he was relevant, but we had gotten Rosalina and Bowser Jr. instead.

Who knows, I would love if Captain Toad were to join Smash. It's a matter of if Sakurai can let go of his adamancy of adding Toads in general.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's how I see it as far as Mario newcomer priority.

Captain Toad > Paper Mario > Walugi = Daisy > Geno (IF Square plays nice) > Toadette > Pauline > Birdo > Nabbit > Petey Pirahna > Fawful > Wart

This sounds pretty reasonable based on popularity, relevance, and notability in the Smash fandom.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here's how I see it as far as Mario newcomer priority.

Captain Toad > Paper Mario > Walugi = Daisy > Geno (IF Square plays nice) > Toadette > Pauline > Birdo > Nabbit > Petey Pirahna > Fawful > Wart

This sounds pretty reasonable based on popularity, relevance, and notability in the Smash fandom.
When did Smash fandom specifically matter? Gaming fandom, sure- we wanted Sonic, and Megaman, hell we voted for ...apparently Bayonetta.
But Smash Fandom itself? Nah the rest of the world speaks too loudly. All our fandom gets us is the return of redundant veterans.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When did Smash fandom specifically matter? Gaming fandom, sure- we wanted Sonic, and Megaman, hell we voted for ...apparently Bayonetta.
But Smash Fandom itself? Nah the rest of the world speaks too loudly. All our fandom gets us is the return of redundant veterans.
True. It's because of those fans that we had gotten guys like Roy and Mewtwo back (not that I have an issue with it).

In the end of the day, it's more so fans of those series that help get the characters we all want. Even for something like Mario newcomers.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Looks like my favoirte Nintendo fanartist seems to want Daisy along with my other Smash choices.

You see, THIS is the thing I missed the most about active Smash speculation. Sure it doesn't mean much, but nice to see another notable person show their support for Daisy.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Looks like my favoirte Nintendo fanartist seems to want Daisy along with my other Smash choices.

You see, THIS is the thing I missed the most about active Smash speculation. Sure it doesn't mean much, but nice to see another notable person show their support for Daisy.
We got Inkling - in.

BOTW Zelda - at least in as a costume. I don’t see them only doing Link.

Pyra - Good shot, but only if she’s partnered up with Rex do I see it happening.

Daisy - Well obviously this is going to happen (I know what thread I’m in.)

Ashley - I’m 100% sure she will at least be in as an assist trophy. And of the assist trophies she does have one of the better shots of being promoted.

Viridi - I’d be on board for more KI reps, but I’m
in a tiny minority it seems on that.

Shantae - One of the more likely indies. Would be great.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Oh thanks, another fan artist to follow and she does seem to have the right idea on new characters.

Though personally, I'd pick Medusa over Viridi for obvious reasons. But I wouldn't mind her either way.

But most importantly, Daisy looks plain adorable in that art style.

Top Bottom