• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
What do you mean? It's obvious in her N64 era artwork that she has darker skin than Peach, though it seem to vary a lot and sometimes she had exactly the same skin tone as Peach.

Even Peach's Daisy palette swap in Melee had darker skin

And an example of how her Mario Tennis model had the same skin tone as Peach
They should really bring back her darker skin tone. Not only would it help to differentiate her from Peach even more, but skin tone diversity is always a plus.
I really can't see too much of a difference, barring the Melee image, and it's been so long that I have no idea whether that image is official or not. :laugh: Mario and Waluigi look like they also have tans in that first one, too, though... (And poor DK looks like he's going to cry, for some reason, but I guess that's what Mario Party will do to people. :p)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I really can't see too much of a difference, barring the Melee image, and it's been so long that I have no idea whether that image is official or not. :laugh: Mario and Waluigi look like they also have tans in that first one, too, though... (And poor DK looks like he's going to cry, for some reason, but I guess that's what Mario Party will do to people. :p)
xD Poor DK seems he's gonna cry out of the marvel of almost touching the moustached star, I guess? xD Someone could make a meme out of it.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
xD Poor DK seems he's gonna cry out of the marvel of almost touching the moustached star, I guess? xD Someone could make a meme out of it.
Ahh... So, to absolutely dazzle her opponents, Daisy also needs a crystal moustache alt for Smash. :laugh:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
First two are official, I can guarantee it. Pretty sure Mario Party in general is responsible for countless rage quitting among players.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pauline looks so good! I wish Nintendo would bring back Stanley from Donkey Kong 3. Nintendo should have an easy time making a model for Stanley. Just take Mario's model, recolor his clothes, remove his hat and mustache, give him different hairstyle and make him a dirty blond, and give him his big teeth.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Pauline looks so good! I wish Nintendo would bring back Stanley from Donkey Kong 3. Nintendo should have an easy time making a model for Stanley. Just take Mario's model, recolor his clothes, remove his hat and mustache, give him different hairstyle and make him a dirty blond, and give him his big teeth.
They kind of moved him up

Course if you consider the difference between Pit's melee trophy and his Brawl/Uprising/smash 4 model:

I think he will.

Man, I always thought Stanley was shooting bees as a kid instead of insect repellant. Thought it was weird that it seemed the plot of the game was solving problems by shooting bees up Donkey kong's bottom.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Man, I always thought Stanley was shooting bees as a kid instead of insect repellant. Thought it was weird that it seemed the plot of the game was solving problems by shooting bees up Donkey kong's bottom.
And it's any better that he's shooting bug-spray there, instead? :p

There's actually another game where Stanley appears, and that's an officially-licensed semi-sequel to Donkey Kong 3, which concludes in space. I wonder if Stanley saw Tatanga there before Tatanga went and kidnapped Daisy? :laugh:

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
And it's any better that he's shooting bug-spray there, instead? :p

There's actually another game where Stanley appears, and that's an officially-licensed semi-sequel to Donkey Kong 3, which concludes in space. I wonder if Stanley saw Tatanga there before Tatanga went and kidnapped Daisy? :laugh:
I need to play this now. Switch release necessary.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Seeing how Hudson Soft had developed that game along with it's long ties to Nintendo has me wonder did Nintendo somehow revive that company from PachinKonami's miserable management and ask them do Super Bomberman R...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Seeing how Hudson Soft had developed that game along with it's long ties to Nintendo has me wonder did Nintendo somehow revive that company from PachinKonami's miserable management and ask them do Super Bomberman R...
I wonder about the same thing, just hope that Best 100 is a breath of fresh air compared to 9 and 10.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder about the same thing, just hope that Best 100 is a breath of fresh air compared to 9 and 10.
Same here.

I just hope that it has playable Toad, Toadette, Donkey Kong, and Birdo... or at the very least Toad and Donkey Kong. I'd be a little disappointed if they are NPCs.

Oh, and I hope it has old board maps from past Mario Party games. At least 1 board map per Mario Party game for a total of 10 board maps would do.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Same here.

I just hope that it has playable Toad, Toadette, Donkey Kong, and Birdo... or at the very least Toad and Donkey Kong. I'd be a little disappointed if they are NPCs.

Oh, and I hope it has old board maps from past Mario Party games. At least 1 board map per Mario Party game for a total of 10 board maps would do.
I wonder which one they'll draw the Bowser one from. Or if they'll just pass off the board from Mario CAAAAAARRRRRSSSS 2 as the Bowser one.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'd call the game "the best Mario Party ever" if it'd utilize the classic boards - the problem just is that it's on 3DS when it should be on a home console-build system like like Switch, so I can't really be sure...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'd call the game "the best Mario Party ever" if it'd utilize the classic boards - the problem just is that it's on 3DS when it should be on a home console-build system like like Switch, so I can't really be sure...
We do know for sure that there will be boards, just not if they will be remastered old ones or completely original.

As much as I'd like this game on the Switch, usually it's the numbered Mario Parties than be on consoles. Not that I have high hopes for Mario Party 11. But damn I'd take best 100 over 11 any day.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
We do know for sure that there will be boards, just not if they will be remastered old ones or completely original.

As much as I'd like this game on the Switch, usually it's the numbered Mario Parties than be on consoles. Not that I have high hopes for Mario Party 11. But damn I'd take best 100 over 11 any day.
Heck, I am willing play any of the previous MP 1-8 rather than any of the recent numbered ones.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I see it as an incentive to be honest.

Hopefully they'll do this in a main game sometime in the future.

This is closest we've got to for her to be playable in a Mario platformer.
Pretty much. I haven't played Mario Run that much, but I will take what I can get.

I hope this means more unique characters coming in the future. Like Waluigi.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Try not to get too excited, but I think Super Mario Run may actually be worth playing again.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/290984-super-mario-run-remix-10-daisy-rumor-was-true-update-coming-se

Too bad you would have to save Daisy first before playing as her.
Wow, that's really good news! :grin:

I must admit, I'd honestly written that particular rumour off as false, because it was originally presented as a "One anonymous person got an update too early but nobody else did" story. :laugh:

I also agree with Zem-raj Zem-raj - this potentially sets a good precedent!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Try not to get too excited, but I think Super Mario Run may actually be worth playing again.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/290984-super-mario-run-remix-10-daisy-rumor-was-true-update-coming-se

Too bad you would have to save Daisy first before playing as her.
I wonder, from what or whom she needs to be saved from? xD I just thought of maybe doing something regarding...in expense of not being able to finish the comic where Ridley takes her on a flight.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And with that Daisy's need to be rescued has gone up 100% to a grand total of 2. Tied with Mario himself now (Mario 64 DS and Super Princess Peach.)

Edit: Saw this and had to post.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I actually still play Mario run from time to time, this is awesome!

Also Daisy now has a canon double jump.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I actually still play Mario run from time to time, this is awesome!

Also Daisy now has a canon double jump.
For real, that's awesome. Double jumping is a nice ability for her.

I wonder, from what or whom she needs to be saved from? xD I just thought of maybe doing something regarding...in expense of not being able to finish the comic where Ridley takes her on a flight.
I think it depends. Likely Bowser who kindnapped her than any other villain. If it's Tatanga, then it would be awesome.

And more Daisy comics from you would be cool. That's awesome.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
you missed Luigi's Mansion and Mario is Missing.
Luigi's Mansion 1&2, that was my bad. Mario is Missing... that's less a game and more a trivia answer.

What's Luigi's record BTW? There's Mario 64 DS, Super Princess Peach and Super Paper Mario but I can't help at think there's another one.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Luigi's Mansion 1&2, that was my bad. Mario is Missing... that's less a game and more a trivia answer.

What's Luigi's record BTW? There's Mario 64 DS, Super Princess Peach and Super Paper Mario but I can't help at think there's another one.
First half of 3D land till you unlock him?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
xP Anything so she can finally have some fun~! :D And thanks Azure!
No problem.

Give it time, it's certainly possible.

Waluigi's probably next on the list.
Yeah, the possibility is there.

Given how long the update gap was since the recolored Yoshis, I hope the wait won't be too long until we get more characters.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I never cared for Super Mario Run, but I'm still glad that they are adding ACTUAL characters and not recolors this time.

It being Daisy only makes things sweeter.

I still want my Nabbit and Waluigi.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi again! How are you?
Current news, Daisy will be playable in Super Mario Run.
I still not believe it. xD
I'm going to download the game for the first time, and also as support I'm going to buy it, all because we've finally been heard, Daisy is playable.
My id: 1662-2362-4442

Hopefully, all this means that Daisy is going to have more relevance in the future.
Friends, good luck. I continue studying for the University. -.-
:smash:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
and also as support I'm going to buy it,
It's worth pointing out that the cost to buy the full game is apparently going to be 50% off for two weeks following the update, as a special offer, so if anyone is planning on picking it up because of this update, after the update looks like the time to do so.

EDIT: This might be one for the main post, Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ! :laugh: (I'm surprised that we don't have it in the thread-title already, come to think of it.)

It's from Nintendo of America's Twitter announcement about the new Super Mario Run update.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
It's worth pointing out that the cost to buy the full game is apparently going to be 50% off for two weeks following the update, as a special offer, so if anyone is planning on picking it up because of this update, after the update looks like the time to do so.
I take note of the discount days

Top Bottom