• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hear of Monopoly 'Gamer'?

It's an actual Monopoly board game. But the pieces and tiles are mario characters and places. And game pieces have character specific abilities.

And they sell some game pieces separately in booster packs.

Wonder if Daisy is a booster character.
So that's what happened to Toys-to-life after Disney quit, Lego wound down and Skylanders took a sabbatical. Pics?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So that's what happened to Toys-to-life after Disney quit, Lego wound down and Skylanders took a sabbatical. Pics?
You'll be wanting to take a look at Hasbro's official pages for the regular edition, the collectors' edition, and the figure packs.

It's not a toys-to-life thing, though - it's a themed collectors' edition of Monopoly, plus blind-packed extra pieces (Daisy isn't one of them, though, I'm afraid).

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You'll be wanting to take a look at Hasbro's official pages for the regular edition, the collectors' edition, and the figure packs..
Ok...that paint job, Jesus. they put the light blue color OVER her shoulders instead of the part of the dress xD
z.png cx.png

I don't know why would anyone want Daisy in something so....cheaply looking.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 132617
Ok...that paint job, Jesus. they put the light blue color OVER her shoulders instead of the part of the dress xD
View attachment 132618
To be fair, they're prototype pictures of Monopoly game-pieces. ;) They're not very big!

It's still a pity that there's no Daisy one, considering the obvious parallels that one could draw between the Mario Party series and the existence of this. I have no idea if they're planning any further blind-packed figures for it or not.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What gets me is it's called Gamer edition and it's only got Mario. Couldn't negotiate Zelda, Animal Crossing or even F-Zero Hasbro?

AndreaAC

To be fair, they're prototype pictures of Monopoly game-pieces. ;) They're not very big!

It's still a pity that there's no Daisy one, considering the obvious parallels that one could draw between the Mario Party series and the existence of this. I have no idea if they're planning any further blind-packed figures for it or not.
xD And well, it's Hasbro...so there's that. Funny that Nintendo themselves make the prototype look way better than the final industrialized product.

Well, they could, but if they are going to make them, of any characters...at least put some effort into them.

This one doesn't look that bad....but...those eyes.....they haunt me.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Anyone hyped for Mario Party Best 100?

I'm kind of hoping they choose the best minigames in the series and not that controller rotation ****. Not ready for more blisters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I'm kind of hoping they choose the best minigames in the series and not that controller rotation ****. Not ready for more blisters.
This is the first time I was hyped for a new Mario Party game since... Mario Party 2!

I hope it has board maps from past Mario Party games. It would suck if it was nothing but mini games.

Edit: Also, it needs a playable Toad! :glare:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This is the first time I was hyped for a new Mario Party game since... Mario Party 2!

I hope it has board maps from past Mario Party games. It would suck if it was nothing but mini games.
That's my concern too.

If it's just a mini game collection, or will they at least try and have some familiar boards in the game. All we really saw in the direct was gameplay of the remastered mini games.

Another question I have is whether or not characters who were never in a certain game can still be playable in them (Boo in a Mario Party 1 mini game for example).

Nonetheless this definitely excites me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's my concern too.

If it's just a mini game collection, or will they at least try and have some familiar boards in the game. All we really saw in the direct was gameplay of the remastered mini games.

Another question I have is whether or not characters who were never in a certain game can still be playable in them (Boo in a Mario Party 1 mini game for example).

Nonetheless this definitely excites me.
According to Mario Wiki (my favorite wiki) all characters will be playable in all mini games.

Oh, and that infamous tug-of-war mini game from Mario Party 1 will be in The Top 100. But at least it will get new controls. Yay! No more blisters!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wanted a Mario Party without cars, I got a mini-game collection.

Well, that's one way to do it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
According to Mario Wiki (my favorite wiki) all characters will be playable in all mini games.

Oh, and that infamous tug-of-war mini game from Mario Party 1 will be in The Top 100. But at least it will get new controls. Yay! No more blisters!
Yeah. The last thing we need is Nintendo getting sued again for the same mistake.

I can't wait to play them all with Daisy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My favorite Mario Parties are 1, 2, and 4. What The Top 100 needs are:

Mario Party 1
  • Balloon Burst
  • Bombs Away
  • Hot Bob-omb
  • Mushroom Mix-Up
  • Platform Peril
Mario Party 2
  • Hot Rope Jump
  • Lava Tile Isle
  • Look Away
  • Move to the Music
  • Shock, Drop or Roll
  • Skateboard Scamper
Mario Party 4
  • Cheep Cheep Sweep or Butterfly Blitz (they are similar but one is 2-vs-2 and the other is free-for-all)
  • Hop or Pop
  • Revers-a-Bomb

Freduardo

Smash Champion
My favorite Mario Parties are 1, 2, and 4. What The Top 100 needs are:

Mario Party 1
  • Balloon Burst
  • Bombs Away
  • Hot Bob-omb
  • Mushroom Mix-Up
  • Platform Peril
Mario Party 2
  • Hot Rope Jump
  • Lava Tile Isle
  • Look Away
  • Move to the Music
  • Shock, Drop or Roll
  • Skateboard Scamper
Mario Party 4
  • Cheep Cheep Sweep or Butterfly Blitz (they are similar but one is 2-vs-2 and the other is free-for-all)
  • Hop or Pop
  • Revers-a-Bomb
No manta rings?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So is it ten from each of the numbered ones or will it include DS, Island Tour, Star Rush and er... Advance games?

Oddball

Smash Lord
Hear of Monopoly 'Gamer'?

It's an actual Monopoly board game. But the pieces and tiles are mario characters and places. And game pieces have character specific abilities.

And they sell some game pieces separately in booster packs.

Wonder if Daisy is a booster character.
Monopoly Guy for Smash!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Now I really want to get a 3DS.
So is it ten from each of the numbered ones or will it include DS, Island Tour, Star Rush and er... Advance games?
Shy-Guy Says holds some of my most saltiest memories of Mario Party lol.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not only that, they confirmed that there will be boards in this game.

It makes me wonder if they will be original or remastered ones from all ten Mario Party games.
I'm hoping original. Because I don't trust nintendo to modernise them without... making concessions for traffic.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The playable characters in Top 100 confirmed so far are Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, and Yoshi.

That's it? It needs Donkey Kong, Toad, Toadette, and Birdo at least.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The playable characters in Top 100 confirmed so far are Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, and Yoshi.

That's it? It needs Donkey Kong, Toad, Toadette, and Birdo at least.
Donkey Kong may be a bit tricky seeing as how he was a mini-game host from Mario Party 5 through 9.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong may be a bit tricky seeing as how he was a mini-game host from Mario Party 5 through 9.
And to Daisy up this thread further:

Would you like to have?/Would you rather:

1) A sarasaland style Mario Party stage with enemies from Mario Land, including a Mario Party 10 style boss fight mini game with:

(Apologies if I misremember names)
1A) Tatanga
1B) King Totemu (the sphinx guy)
1C) Hiroyoi (the Easter island guy)
1D) another Mario land boss that I'm forgetting the name of, like the cloud guy or the seahorse guy.

Stage itself is still not a Mario Party 10 style stage. Just has a boss fight minigame triggered at a turn countdown.

Bonus: dream up how you'd want the minigame to play.

2) Another playable character from Sarasaland as well as Daisy. If so which one? A boss or a minion?

3) A mini game using one of the Mario land vehicles and essentially being a shooter stage from Mario land where you compete for points.

And would you want this mini game to be in current or game boy style graphics?

----

And to participate myself

I want all three, it may be why I thought them up. I'd probably like number three the most.

1) probably would go with Tatanga and for the bonus, it would probably be the mini game I described in option 3.

2) Henchmen for life. Always go with a minion. While playing as a Bombshell Koopa would be neat, I'm going to have to to give it to Fly for doubling as a Mario Bros. (Not super) baddie.

3) I want it and I want it in Game Boy graphics but realize it needs to be NES/ game boy color style graphics or Mario and Luigi will look the same.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And to Daisy up this thread further:

Would you like to have?/Would you rather:
1) Tatanga as a boss
2) Pionpi as a playable character (he totally would fit in Dragon Driftway)
3) Marine Pop as a mini game vehicle

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh gosh Dragon Driftway being located in Chai is now my headcanon
The stamp you get from Dragon Driftway is Lakitu and his cloud.

The boss of Chai is a giant cloud.
In an age where I've lost all hope for Mario-headcanoning... these are a true blessing to read.

(Also, would this mean that Lakitu would be immigrants from Chai Kingdom?)

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Monopoly Guy for Smash!
**** no.

Anyways, with the new, and fresh looking development team for Mario Oddessy giving Pauline an upgrade in design better than her Mario vs. Donkey Kong design...

The question is, if Daisy were to gain an appearance in the next mainstream Mario game, should she gain a design upgrade much like Pauline? I'm thinking more flowers, a more detailed dress, some biker gloves, a red crown again, and her famous darker skin again! Anyone else agree with me? - Afro

AndreaAC

**** no.

Anyways, with the new, and fresh looking development team for Mario Oddessy giving Pauline an upgrade in design better than her Mario vs. Donkey Kong design...

The question is, if Daisy were to gain an appearance in the next mainstream Mario game, should she gain a design upgrade much like Pauline? I'm thinking more flowers, a more detailed dress, some biker gloves, a red crown again, and her famous darker skin again! Anyone else agree with me? - Afro
o.o Wow, Pauline looks simply gorgeous!....I feel that unless Peach gets one Daisy is going to do as well, maybe? I mean, Pauline has been less recurrent in appearances in comparison to Daisy as far as I'm concerned...so, I feel poor Pau really deserved it. But, who knows?

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
o.o Wow, Pauline looks simply gorgeous!....I feel that unless Peach gets one Daisy is going to do as well, maybe? I mean, Pauline has been less recurrent in appearances in comparison to Daisy as far as I'm concerned...so, I feel poor Pau really deserved it. But, who knows?
The fact that both Mario and Peach recieved upgraded details such as realistic hair textures, Mario's denim overalls, and other things gives me an idea of how the other would look in this new style. I feel that if a new Smash installment were made, Mario and friends would join the realistic anime looking characters in the design department. That's just me.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The fact that both Mario and Peach recieved upgraded details such as realistic hair textures, Mario's denim overalls, and other things gives me an idea of how the other would look in this new style.
I suspect that, were Daisy to get new key-art in this style, her core design would remain the same, but have nicer detailing applied to it, as that's what's been done with the Super Mario Odyssey art for Mario, Peach, and Pauline. I'd like to see the whole cast in this style, just out of curiousity, as it looks pretty fancy!

As an aside, I've often seen it mentioned here that Daisy has "famous darker skin", and yet I've never seen a single game where that's the case, and it's not a part of any design for her that I've ever seen. All I could find on this was a claim on Mario Wiki that Daisy had a tan in her Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3 artwork, but they feature the Mario Tennis art on the page, and it really looks no different to any of her other designs - it just has slightly different colour-balancing to the earlier and more-recent art, as all of the Mario key-art from the N64 era, for every character, did. Likewise her appearance in Mario Party 3. Is there is all there is to this often-mentioned/requested trait? It's honestly been confusing me for a while. :laugh:

I feel that if a new Smash installment were made, Mario and friends would join the realistic anime looking characters in the design department. That's just me.
That isn't going to happen. That would require Mario & Co. to be completely redesigned to look realistic, and then they simply wouldn't be recognisable as their famous selves anymore. ;)

Luminario

Smash Lord
As an aside, I've often seen it mentioned here that Daisy has "famous darker skin", and yet I've never seen a single game where that's the case, and it's not a part of any design for her that I've ever seen. All I could find on this was a claim on Mario Wiki that Daisy had a tan in her Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3 artwork, but they feature the Mario Tennis art on the page, and it really looks no different to any of her other designs - it just has slightly different colour-balancing to the earlier and more-recent art, as all of the Mario key-art from the N64 era, for every character, did. Likewise her appearance in Mario Party 3. Is there is all there is to this often-mentioned/requested trait? It's honestly been confusing me for a while. :laugh:
What do you mean? It's obvious in her N64 era artwork that she has darker skin than Peach, though it seem to vary a lot and sometimes she had exactly the same skin tone as Peach.

Even Peach's Daisy palette swap in Melee had darker skin

And an example of how her Mario Tennis model had the same skin tone as Peach
They should really bring back her darker skin tone. Not only would it help to differentiate her from Peach even more, but skin tone diversity is always a plus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom