• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sargasso Hideout - Wolf O'Donnell Support Thread

What voice do you prefer for Wolf?

• American (Star Fox: Assault & Smash Bros. Brawl)

Votes: 92 73.6%
  • British (Star Fox 64 & Star Fox Zero)

Votes: 33 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If you're gonna be confrontational, I could end up having a pretty good reason to be against Krystal's inclusion in Smash.
Oh I didn't mean it to come off like that, just people don't give a reason or they say that she's a boring /uninteresting/one-note character as if any star fox character is really good, or the furrybait reason lol. It's just a little annoying lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh I didn't mean it to come off like that, just people don't give a reason or they say they don't like her as a character as if any star fox character is really good, or the furrybait reason lol. It's just a little annoying lol.
I see, sorry for jumping into conclusions.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
A lot of people have a negative stigma against Krystal and her fanbase. It's unfortunate, because Krystal is actually a decent character, and definitely has potential in Smash Bros. I think if more people could shake off that stigma and just look at Krystal for what she brings to the table, then they may warm up to her.

I get that some Krystal fans are off-putting, matching the whole 'furbait' stereotype, but every character has those types of people.

If you're gonna be confrontational, I could end up having a pretty good reason to be against Krystal's inclusion in Smash.
Although I don't agree with the mindset, I can understand being put off of a character because of their fanbase. But one 'confrontation' with one supporter shouldn't be grounds to be against a character's inclusion. One person shouldn't discredit the entire fanbase, and one fanbase shouldn't discredit a character as a whole.

Not specifically calling you out, but it's an ideology I've seen before around here. If that were the case with me, I wouldn't be supporting many of the characters I do now. A view of mine I've wanted to express for a while now.

I'm currently working on a moveset for Krystal, although it may be a time before it gets finished. When I eventually post it in the Krystal thread, you should give it a read, Lampy. See if it makes her seem like a character you'd be interested in. Or at least, a character that would make for a good inclusion.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I just think aesthetically it’d be weird to have 3/4 Star Fox characters be similar looking animals
That’s why i’d prefer slippy or andross
Different species would make for better variety
I wouldn’t mind Krystal but to me she screams 2000s era Nintendo
Had she made in in over Wolf in brawl this would be a different story

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
For me, the ideal Star Fox roster would be Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal, and Slippy. In that order.

Fox, Falco, and Wolf we all already know.

Krystal and Slippy both have potential to be very different from the other three. Krystal using the Cerinian Staff, powered with all it's abilities in Adventures, has incredible potential. Slippy, being the team's engineer, has a lot to work with, too. Not to mention the guy had his own spin-off title, Star Fox: Guard, which actually gives him even more potential.

As for Andross, I've never really seen him as playable. I wouldn't fight it if he made it in, as I'll happily accept anything Star Fox making it in, but I don't think he's ideal.

D

Deleted member

Although I don't agree with the mindset, I can understand being put off of a character because of their fanbase. But one 'confrontation' with one supporter shouldn't be grounds to be against a character's inclusion. One person shouldn't discredit the entire fanbase, and one fanbase shouldn't discredit a character as a whole.
You make a pretty good point. However... when I lean towards the negative, I consider a personal confrontation with a fan to be the last straw. I don't know if it makes sense, but that's just how it is - it already happened with a certain character in the past, and now I can't bring myself to be remotely tolerant towards tthat character.

I'm currently working on a moveset for Krystal, although it may be a time before it gets finished. When I eventually post it in the Krystal thread, you should give it a read, Lampy. See if it makes her seem like a character you'd be interested in. Or at least, a character that would make for a good inclusion.
I might do it after my hiatus. I was bored and had nothing to do so I went to check my notifications, but this is just a short visit as I'm gonna be pretty busy until late June. My opinion on Krystal isn't great, but it's not damaged beyond repair.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
For me, the ideal Star Fox roster would be Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal, and Slippy. In that order.

Krystal and Slippy both have potential to be very different from the other three. Krystal using the Cerinian Staff, powered with all it's abilities in Adventures, has incredible potential. Slippy, being the team's engineer, has a lot to work with, too. Not to mention the guy had his own spin-off title, Star Fox: Guard, which actually gives him even more potential.

As for Andross, I've never really seen him as playable. I wouldn't fight it if he made it in, as I'll happily accept anything Star Fox making it in, but I don't think he's ideal.
Yes I agree that’s the ideal roster, I just personally think krystal’s time has passed.

Andross would be a very interesting WTF pick, I could see Sakurai doing that

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
You make a pretty good point. However... when I lean towards the negative, I consider a personal confrontation with a fan to be the last straw. I don't know if it makes sense, but that's just how it is - it already happened with a certain character in the past, and now I can't bring myself to be remotely tolerant towards tthat character.
It sounds to me like holding a grudge, but being held over the character that they support. I dunno, man. I wouldn't let one person negatively impact a character for me. If the person's an ass, then they're an ass; It's not the character's fault. Out of curiosity, who was the character?

Granted, there's nothing necessarily wrong with harboring dislike for a character. There's a few characters people are supporting that I genuinely hate, but that's because I hate the character, not because my views were negatively influenced by a supporter.

I might do it after my hiatus. I was bored and had nothing to do so I went to check my notifications, but this is just a short visit as I'm gonna be pretty busy until late June. My opinion on Krystal isn't great, but it's not damaged beyond repair.
Well, that's good to hear. And yeah, I was wondering what you were up to since you've been on hiatus for a bit now. School-related, right? I feel your pain.

D

Deleted member

It sounds to me like holding a grudge, but being held over the character that they support. I dunno, man. I wouldn't let one person negatively impact a character for me. If the person's an ***, then they're an ***; It's not the character's fault. Out of curiosity, who was the character?

Granted, there's nothing necessarily wrong with harboring dislike for a character. There's a few characters people are supporting that I genuinely hate, but that's because I hate the character, not because my views were negatively influenced by a supporter.
This exchange should explain everything. (Though tbf I disliked the character in question before the exchange)

Well, that's good to hear. And yeah, I was wondering what you were up to since you've been on hiatus for a bit now. School-related, right? I feel your pain.
Yup. 11th grade, more specifically.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
This exchange should explain everything. (Though tbf I disliked the character in question before the exchange)
Wow.

Definitely understand your position, though. That's like telling me to stop wanting Wolf and go play Brawl.

However, I still stand with my stance on the premise. People are people, characters are characters; Shouldn't let one person influence your views towards their character so negatively. Granted, which characters you do and don't like doesn't impact me, just trying to give a different viewpoint.

Yup. 11th grade, more specifically.
HS Junior, eh? I remember those days. Enjoy it while it lasts.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

That's my ideal Star Fox roster too.

Wolf first, Krystal after, and if there's time, Slippy being some sort of builder character.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
That's my ideal Star Fox roster too.

Wolf first, Krystal after, and if there's time, Slippy being some sort of builder character.
this, and imo krystal's such a close second that she's stepping on wolf's tail. he never should have been cut and that gives him priority, but she's had it coming for way too long.

and sure, slippy can come along if he wants, why not

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
this, and imo krystal's such a close second that she's stepping on wolf's tail. he never should have been cut and that gives him priority, but she's had it coming for way too long.

and sure, slippy can come along if he wants, why not
Same for me 100%. If Wolf hadn't made it first idk who I'd want more tbh. Slippy I always just had a soft spot for

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Any news or whispers on the Wolf front?
Not much, unfortunately. There's been a few rumors and fake leaks here or there that include Wolf, but there isn't anything concrete or substantial regarding him.

There are still leaks regarding two different Star Fox games in development, both claiming to be made by Retro Studios. Star Fox Grand Prix has gained a lot of coverage as of late, and Star Fox: Lylat System has been gaining some traction, too.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Not much, unfortunately. There's been a few rumors and fake leaks here or there that include Wolf, but there isn't anything concrete or substantial regarding him.

There are still leaks regarding two different Star Fox games in development, both claiming to be made by Retro Studios. Star Fox Grand Prix has gained a lot of coverage as of late, and Star Fox: Lylat System has been gaining some traction, too.
Star Fox: Lylat System didn't look very believable to me, given the fact that it was literally just printed on a piece of paper. Absolutely anybody can do that.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, only a few more days until E3 begins. What's everyone looking forward to?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Metroid Prime 4 and Smash are THE games for me, this E3 is sure to be the hypest in years just because of them, and I'm desperately hoping the ridley rumours are true. I'm really hoping they show off Bayonetta 3 but I'm not holding my breath for it tbh, I'm also curious to find out if these star fox racing game rumours are true, I hated the idea at first but I've warmed up to it honestly.

On the non-nintendo side of things pretty much the only thing I'm excited for is the new tomb raider tbh, that game got leaked and then later announced forever ago, I'm hyped to finally see some gameplay for it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Besides Smash Bros, I now look forward to a SFV fight between wrestlers Xavier Woods and Kenny Omega (now about everything else...right behind Smash)

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
aside from the obvious, i'm hoping to hear about metroid, star fox, and one of the new pokemon games. an update on pikmin 4 would be pretty nice too. and i have no reason to expect this, but a Zelda Maker would make me really happy too.

to keep this on track - i don't care too much what direction the new star fox takes, as long as wolf and krystal are there. a racing game seems like an odd fit but i'd welcome it. look at it this way, at least it won't be star fox 64 again.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
I'm looking forward to.... Not flopping my exams.

Depression has hit me so hard in these few months that I stopped feeling hype for the game. Just being able to watch E3 direct is already good enough for me.
Depression sucks, but hang in there bud :/
My finals are stressing me out as well

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Metroid Prime 4 and Smash are THE games for me, this E3 is sure to be the hypest in years just because of them, and I'm desperately hoping the ridley rumours are true. I'm really hoping they show off Bayonetta 3 but I'm not holding my breath for it tbh, I'm also curious to find out if these star fox racing game rumours are true, I hated the idea at first but I've warmed up to it honestly.

On the non-nintendo side of things pretty much the only thing I'm excited for is the new tomb raider tbh, that game got leaked and then later announced forever ago, I'm hyped to finally see some gameplay for it.
Metroid Prime 4 and Smash are two big ones for me, but I'm more interested in Pokemon Let's Go and if any of these possible Star Fox game rumors are true. The Star Fox racing game idea is one I've began to warm up to as well. Depends on how well it is done, I suppose.

Non-Nintendo wise, Fallout 76, Halo 6, and a few others are what I'm looking forward to seeing.

I'm looking forward to.... Not flopping my exams.

Depression has hit me so hard in these few months that I stopped feeling hype for the game. Just being able to watch E3 direct is already good enough for me.
Best of luck with your exams, Logo. Hate to hear that depression has hit hard. Like Mellos said, hand in there. Need someone to talk to, you know where to find me.

to keep this on track - i don't care too much what direction the new star fox takes, as long as wolf and krystal are there. a racing game seems like an odd fit but i'd welcome it. look at it this way, at least it won't be star fox 64 again.
I have my preferences for where I'd like to see the series go/where I think the series is best off to go, but in the end, I just want Star Fox to succeed. If we do get a racing game, I'd be surprised if it were only the Star Fox 64 team. I'd love to see Krystal and Star Wolf, including Panther, as well as other characters like Katt and Bill.

A Star Fox Command-like roster would be nice to see, although I was never a fan of the Star Fox and Star Wolf teams having such drastically different ships. I've always been a fan of uniformity.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I'm looking forward to any info regarding Star Fox if the rumors are true and of course Smash bros switch and hopefully Wolf's return and Bayonetta 3.
As for non Nintendo games I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3, Soul Calibur 6, Mortal Kombat 11, Dead or Alive 6 and Dust for Nintendo Switch.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
In case some of you may have missed Ubisoft's E3 Presentation...

Let's hope this is a sign of great things to come!

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
I can't wait for the Nintendo E3 presentation in a few hours. And I can't wait for Smash.
And as much as I hope for a Wolf conformation for Smash, if he isn't shown today, that does not mean he is out. Bill said somewhere they will not reveal everything today.
So don't forget to enjoy everything announced, even if Wolf isn't confirmed (yet).

Cin726

Smash Cadet
Media-only posts are against the rules. Please add sufficient text.
Praying for the best here.

Last edited:

Cin726

Smash Cadet
Was it his Brawl design or something closer to Star Fox Zero?

At work and unable to watch the stream.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Zero design, he looks ****ing dope
It might be an original design based on 64 and Assault and Zero. I say this since he looks slimmer like in 64, but has his spiky, dangerous appearance of the later games. His shoulder pads are different. They're not spiked like on a spiked ball, but they're like claws. His greaves are even clawed.

Regardless, he looks badass.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Holy ****, we ARE BACK boys.
After all that time. FML
AND looking better than ever

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
It might be an original design based on 64 and Assault and Zero. I say this since he looks slimmer like in 64, but has his spiky, dangerous appearance of the later games. His shoulder pads are different. They're not spiked like on a spiked ball, but they're like claws. His greaves are even clawed.

Regardless, he looks badass.
Maybe I'm crazy but I remember sakurai saying it was specifically based on the zero design, I may have to watch it back though

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
They even mentioned how he's been polished up, too! Given the attention he deserves! I can't contain my excitement!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I found out how to get character images from the official site. Here's Wolf's.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Maybe I'm crazy but I remember sakurai saying it was specifically based on the zero design, I may have to watch it back though
It is based on Star Fox Zero and is stated to be so, but it has original elements added like how in Brawl and Smash 4, Fox and Falco's outfits were based on Command, but had scouters, holsters for their Blasters and Reflectors, and different greaves were added. The one problem with Zero is that I don't think Wolf's entire model appears in the game and I don't know if there's any concept art floating on the web. It's just his message box image.

Smash Ultimate Wolf's shoulder pads are different where they're like claws instead of pauldrons with spikes and his jacket is a vibrant purple and not whatever shade of blue it was in Assault, Brawl, and Zero. If anything, it could be like how Fox and Falco's outfits in Brawl were for battles on foot. Wolf having clawed gauntlets, shoulder pads, and greaves don't really make sense when he's piloting, but on when he's fighting on foot, they're definitely going to make a difference not just to protect him, but to let him hit harder.

Edit: Image isn't loading. Smashboards is probably under heavy traffic right now. That or Star Fox wiki's images don't work on Smashboards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom