• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Melee thread: We have a scene again!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275796

Insane Triumph, July 10th, University of Houston. More information is located in that thread.

Please attend this. DoH and Sethlon even said that they might go. We need as many people as we can get!

Come on SoS and Bluezaft, show us what you got and bring some people from SA along with you. Go find Caveman and friends lol tournament after parties are always fun with them around xDD

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I know that San Antonio doesn't actually exist or anything, but does anyone want to go to this with me?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Smashfest at my place at 7 tonight.

210-364-1704 (my name is Chris)

13610 Money Tree
San Antonio TX 78232

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Hey there, San Antonio. My name is Eikelmann, I'm a smasher from Florida, and I need some sort of assistance.

I'm supposed to be traveling to Mexico for a tournament called "Smash mex", but my ride to Laredo, Texas completely bailed on me, and I have no way to get to Laredo! I need to be there, as my bus leaves from Laredo to head down to Guadalajara, but I can't pay for another bus, or a taxi, and I'm looking for someone who would be kind enough to drive me down there.

I have no money, and I wouldn't be able to help with gas. =(

Please PM me if you can help, thanks in advance.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
is this the closest melee scene to austin?

i'm like two hours away from san antonio and it doesn't look like i'm gonna find many smashers over here...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Only a few people still play it here. A few brawlers also still play melee.

When the fall semester starts there's the UT smash club, they have a pretty healthy scene actually.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
:/ then where?

do you guys just not play or something? lol that would be impossible...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
btw

when I start up smash tournaments at Los Primos

Melee is welcome.

I'll run it

you dudes need to bring setups though.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Hey San Antonio Melee! Insane Triumph 2 is happening October 23rd in Houston. It's a melee only tourney and I'm really hoping to have some better representation from SA this time around. We have a great venue and I'm hoping to fill it up this time around, so make sure you clear your schedules for IT2 (I'm giving you two months notice for a reason!). Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283371

Hope to see you guys here in October!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Just play WoW man, just do it.
i played wow a little bit and i lost interest and sold my character.
there are, they are just not frequent, and usually not planned way in advance
well if it was on the boards a day or so in advance, there's a chance robert might want to go (which mean's i'll wanna go too).

in austin there's by weekly meetings on campus
is that an open invitation?
and how many players are there?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
umm, yeah, I suppose. if you go, you will play.
it's the UT smash club and we welcome all players. there's a fee to join the club, but I don't think we enforce it. it's just to buy snacks and soda. it's 5 bucks for the whole year. but like I said, probably only a handful of people actually paid the 'membership fee.'
every meeting/smashfest there's about a total of 10-20 players and about 6 set-ups. it's usually about 8 hours long and we hold some kind of event either for free or a small fee.
about 8 competitive melee players attend regularly to the meetings and most of the brawl players are casual players, but they do make up the larger half of the club.

tl;dr
yeah, it's an open invitation
10-20 people

/ad

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
umm, yeah, I suppose. if you go, you will play.
it's the UT smash club and we welcome all players. there's a fee to join the club, but I don't think we enforce it. it's just to buy snacks and soda. it's 5 bucks for the whole year. but like I said, probably only a handful of people actually paid the 'membership fee.'
every meeting/smashfest there's about a total of 10-20 players and about 6 set-ups. it's usually about 8 hours long and we hold some kind of event either for free or a small fee.
about 8 competitive melee players attend regularly to the meetings and most of the brawl players are casual players, but they do make up the larger half of the club.

tl;dr
yeah, it's an open invitation
10-20 people

/ad
hmm not bad

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
actually... it's looking like i won't attend anything until i have my own transportation.

my roommate is new to competitive melee and despite my efforts, he doesn't feel like going to get owned by everyone.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Oh, don't worry. There are plenty of people who are still learning the game at the UT Smash Club. Also, zomg @ Mr. C sighting.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Oh, don't worry. There are plenty of people who are still learning the game at the UT Smash Club. Also, zomg @ Mr. C sighting.
looking pretty promising now. lol

do they do other stuff too? or just smash? or just melee?
the fact that it's a "club meeting" instead of a smashfest makes it seem a bit awkward for me.

when and where does this go down?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
umm, no. we just pretty much play brawl, melee and there's almost always a sixtyfour setup that hardly anybody plays (perfect dark, banjo kazooey and mario kart games also available to play).
they're called club meetings just because, there's really no reason. they are de facto smashfests but we got into the habit of calling them club meetings because of other more reputable clubs.
sometimes we hold impromptu tourneys just for the hell of it. round robins, free-for-alls, items on, doubles, random characters/stages, low tier (captain falcon is low tier but only for edgar/tirno), etc... there's a little of everything every meeting.

we hold the meetings every other saturday, but it's at our discretion. starting with which though, we may never know.

edit:we can also use the big classroom projector!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so there's only a few melee players then?

also that fun stuff sounds fun.

idk, keep me posted i guess.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
there's always around ten. if we all showed up though it'd be about 15.
some melee players will be playing brawl however and likewise.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Me and Kyle went to one about 4-5 months ago. It was VERY fun and I remember about 15ish melee players. Highly recommend going cuz there fun people.

Top Bottom