• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Salt Factory - Mafia Metagame Discussion Thread

SmashFox

Smash Rookie
One of the very first things I wanna talk about is why we've got a wave of alternate accounts coming in. Ryker's convinced that @ SmashFox SmashFox is one of them, there's still reason to believe that @ Maven89 Maven89 is one (albeit I'd bet on him being an older one that had quit and is coming back), and everyone knows that @#HBC | Leviathan is one. That's not even including AnonCo and its attempted goals.

So this is something I wanna talk about. Why do people believe they need a fresh account to change how people perceive their meta?
Why do people keep asking me if I am an Alt, I'm not an alt. Jesus.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
edit cuz trollin that could be taken personally

EXCERCISING MY NEW CODE OF ETHICS GUYS!

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
How can you be so sure? I definitely didn't have any of these alt nonsense when I first joined I can say that for sure.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Because you're not so obviously another person.

Like, really, SmashFox did a horrible job of hiding who he actually was

:186:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
They weren't popular when you joined and, correct me if I'm wrong, you didn't have one post, a hella generic username, and other supporting evidence that would out the guy.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I had like 8 posts iirc(probably not) lol. I'm actually Gorf's alt, did a pretty good job of hiding it huh?!?!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
2c on topic

#1 I don't want to play mafia with/against someone's alt account. Why? Well because part of the appeal for me is playing mafia with other people, not a rotating assortment of mystery guests. To my mind, signing up as an alt just undermines the sense of community that we have here, and frankly I see it as dishonest.

#2 People try to 'meta' me I normally just tell them they're a scrub and they have no idea how I play. Meta is at best an educated guess; if your reason for suspecting someone is just 'meta' then you need to put more work in and flesh out why it is scummy.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This is an experiment to see if I can tell everyone I'm the alt and see if they will still believe it isn't me later.

I have Ramses and Ruy to help obfuscate the matter.

Maven89

Smash Master
Anyone else surprised that SmashFox's name hadn't been taken? This website is like 14 years old, no one registered with the name "smash fox"?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Because if you registered the name "Smash Fox", nobody would have any idea who you were, because your name describes way too many people.

You may as well go to a Harry Potter fan site, and register the name "Harry Potter Fan".

Maven89

Smash Master
I know I'm guilty of this, but I'm thinking a rule banning reaction gifs and meme/rage pictures would be a good rule

Ashemu

Smash Ace
we need a test to find the real 1, quick, gorfs, whats youre opinion on "the gay's"?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Oh yeah, and if anyone who is an alt can just PM me with who they really are that'd be great. On the whole I could barely care less but there's part of my brain that keeps telling me this is a puzzle I need to solve >.>

Edit: Or, you know, just stop posting on a ****ing alt >.< :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom