• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Royal Theater - King Dedede Video Thread

williamsga555

Smash Journeyman
I've been growing to love Lylat recently. It feels like the platform layout is almost taylor-made for the King. And when the slopes don't just immediately eat the Gordo, it does some pretty wacky things.

Only problem with it is that I still find myself getting Lylated on the edge (I thought they fixed that a few patches ago aaahhh).

williamsga555

Smash Journeyman
Cool to see it works for D3, but I'm a little skeptical of how practical it'll be, given how slow his midair jump is.

Still, deffo can see this catching someone off-guard, and getting a grab off the ledge is always nice for the King, so it's something. Good work!

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Cool to see it works for D3, but I'm a little skeptical of how practical it'll be, given how slow his midair jump is.

Still, deffo can see this catching someone off-guard, and getting a grab off the ledge is always nice for the King, so it's something. Good work!
I agree that with how slow his jump is it might not be the best, but still this character needs everything he can get. I like the lagless get up into grab/dtilt

Silly Symphony

Smash Cadet
NNID
scoota100
I'm actually wondering if the getup can be combined with nair. Note that I did not make the video above and have no clue how to jump like that.

Silly Symphony

Smash Cadet
NNID
scoota100
@ 7:20, when Bair doesn't kill Falcon over 120% in the air on a low ceiling stage when Dedede has all of that rage. I have no words for that. But I feel like I'm sounding too often too pessimistic, that Dedede player was amazing. That player really know what to do at all times during the match.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
Sup guys, it's been a while. The upcoming last Smash Direct has brought me out of retirement. Here's a fresh video!

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Hello friends I managed to fraud out another victory in doubles and there is hours of footage of it for the world to enjoy.
I doubt these will be uploaded to YouTube so vods here while they're available.
http://www.twitch.tv/newgameplustv/v/29489497
vs. Mario/Robin + Rosalina & Luma/Sheik at 34m
vs. R.O.B./Wario + Little Mac at 1h11m
vs. Ryu + Fox at 1h35m
vs. Sheik + Zero Suit Samus at 2h6m continuing into http://www.twitch.tv/newgameplustv/v/29505984

Ti-Phil

Smash Rookie
Here's a quick fight that occured not long ago against a Toon Link who enjoyed bombs way too much.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Here is something fantastic.
Here in GA there is a tuesdays tournament series, with slightly different rules each time.
(doubles random characters, smashville only, 10 minute timer, no timer, 3 stock, 1 stock, etc)

Usually the turn out is like 12 people unless its Single (2 or 3 stock) which it then grows to maybe 35 people

This is a video from a week back, on my wii station during the tournament- a 3 stock one with plenty of people. I dont want to put the Falcons name so I don't embarrass him, but as you guys should know, the south is full of Falcons.

This is game 3. There was no timer, and I was forced to Lylat.

About a week before I really hated this stage, and a friend of mine pointed to Girthquake, who he mentioned played similar to me and does well there. So I watched a couple of past streams, and went to the lab for a whopping 3 HOURS of intensive Lylat training. Found some setups, thought they would never work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVIsPF4w_P0&ab_channel=ProducerShane

it was like a playground. some setups like the 1:30 one worked during my lab time but I think i messed up execution.

There was another game vs a Mario that I got sent to Lylat that I did even greater with another 3 stock, but It wasnt my wii so no video.

Girthquake Girthquake you've made a fellow D3 just get stronger. <3

edit: just as a note this falcon does out class me.

Last edited:

Silly Symphony

Smash Cadet
NNID
scoota100
One of the hypest Fox/Dedede matches I've ever seen, the music of Palutena's temple was also helping. Such close matches.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I can't believe you actually took the first match. Way to keep your head in the game dude wicked set.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Been slow on the new vids for way too long; this random thing came out and I don't hate it. With some effort on my part there'll be more ASAP.

https://youtu.be/52G9mdPg5v8

Also Merry Christmas, ya'll!

A great pick me up for all of us with doubts of DDDs competitive future. Thank you for this man I loved it.

Also grats on mod. We need at least one active mod around here.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Been slow on the new vids for way too long; this random thing came out and I don't hate it. With some effort on my part there'll be more ASAP.

https://youtu.be/52G9mdPg5v8

Also Merry Christmas, ya'll!
I honestly thought this was just gonna be another combo video but I was really happy with the little story. That was really cool, man. I love it.

Silly Symphony

Smash Cadet
NNID
scoota100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFf6t3mTsvg

This is just some (pixelated) footage I randomly found on YouTube, but it contains a kill I hardly ever see, even in tournaments: a Dair meteor on the ledge. R.O.B. does this all the time because of the massive hitbox and ease of pulling off, but it looks like this (disrespecting) Dedede has the exact timing in the fingers. The reason I bring this up is because I managed (once) to beat a Zero Suit this exact way (merely out of frustration) and I wonder why it doesn't happen more often.

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
The reason I bring this up is because I managed (once) to beat a Zero Suit this exact way (merely out of frustration) and I wonder why it doesn't happen more often.
This happened because the Mewtwo was pretty dumb and regrabbed the ledge without invincibility, so he got spiked.

But the real question is: can D3 hit the 1-frame vulnerability on ledgegrabs? Worth testing. And worth putting into our new Research and Tech thread, you should check it out :)

This happened because the Mewtwo was pretty dumb and regrabbed the ledge without invincibility, so he got spiked.

But the real question is: can D3 hit the 1-frame vulnerability on ledgegrabs? Worth testing. And worth putting into our new Research and Tech thread, you should check it out :)
D3 can for sure land the 1 frame vulnerability spike, but in my opinion, D3's dair is so unreliable that in a situation where I'd have an opportunity to use it to catch the vulnerability, I'd pretty much use any other move than dair.

However, in a FG match against a Pikiachu when I was a stock ahead, I decided to go for the 1 frame spike while the Pikachu was recovering to the stage and I managed to land it to end the game. I saved the match, but 1.1.3 came out and I can no longer access it. You might not take my word for it and see my source as not credible at all, but there's certainly no reason that D3 shouldn't be able to do it.

Also, your videos are awesome. :113:

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFf6t3mTsvg

This is just some (pixelated) footage I randomly found on YouTube, but it contains a kill I hardly ever see, even in tournaments: a Dair meteor on the ledge. R.O.B. does this all the time because of the massive hitbox and ease of pulling off, but it looks like this (disrespecting) Dedede has the exact timing in the fingers. The reason I bring this up is because I managed (once) to beat a Zero Suit this exact way (merely out of frustration) and I wonder why it doesn't happen more often.

https://youtu.be/n3-uRgdj-uA?t=1m53s It's cool and it works just super unsafe. Though a lot of what DDD does is unsafe.

Top Bottom