• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I imagine that in the Mario universe, the Lumas would be the ones who take care of Rosalina while she relaxes for mothers day. Because they're good children who are raised by Rosalina.

Luma catches Rosalina.jpg

Happy Mothers Day!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Found this picture of Rosalina while googling "Samus and Ridley phone wallpaper"

wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Found this picture of Rosalina while googling "Samus and Ridley phone wallpaper"
^When you get a search result that totally doesn't match what you typed but you're okay with it.

I really like how she's given such a tall, powerful presence nearly fit to scale.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

She looks as if someone painted a portrait of her from the renaissance era in medieval times. Nevertheless, she is timeless, which is why she retains that heavenly allure through the centuries.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So remember how I teased a potential video project all about Rosalina that I want to make in time for Rosalina's 10th Anniversary on November 1st?

Well, I'm thinking I might start writing the script for at least the first video in this potential series. I'm thinking I might make this a pilot episode for a potentially larger video series I might work on in the future, where I analyse video game characters (and maybe anime/western animation characters too). I do have at least two or three Rosalina video projects I could do for her anniversary though (as well as some other planned projects).

My question to you guys is, are there any things in particular you would like to see touched upon in such a video? Particular things you want me to bring up and/or analyse? Any feedback is appreciated. :)

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So remember how I teased a potential video project all about Rosalina that I want to make in time for Rosalina's 10th Anniversary on November 1st?

Well, I'm thinking I might start writing the script for at least the first video in this potential series. I'm thinking I might make this a pilot episode for a potentially larger video series I might work on in the future, where I analyse video game characters (and maybe anime/western animation characters too). I do have at least two or three Rosalina video projects I could do for her anniversary though (as well as some other planned projects).

My question to you guys is, are there any things in particular you would like to see touched upon in such a video? Particular things you want me to bring up and/or analyse? Any feedback is appreciated. :)
For a video about Rosalina, I like the kinds that are entertaining with clips of her from every games (because that reveals more of who she is in different elements and lights), and perhaps advice that helps player on how to use her depending on the games, and for that, you could use clips from your 3D World speedruns and Smash fights. A video that has unique aspects that literally screams "ROSALINA" is something I'd watch, including other details ranging from big to small. I support whichever style you choose to present it in, but in my humble opinion, I think it would be aesthetically appealing if you use a space theme revolving her and her qualities.

Though, what I want to specifically see is something that stands out, something more than a "generic Rosalina video", like how RelaxAlax and Game Theory makes their video entertaining and astounding (which doesn't mean they're accurate). Analysis-wise, I'd like it if you distinguish her from the other characters, the difference between factual details with evidence and generalized opinions and misconceptions, which in my opinion seems to be the biggest issue for her and the Mario fandom, as well as people who aren't a part of the industry and mistake her for someone like Elsa. There is also another problem with Rosalina and certain parts of the fandom, who tend to believe Rosalina lost "who she was" from Galaxy and gone into spin-off hell, which I think should be touched upon. Maybe include quotes from experts and the creators, possibly regarding her inclusion in 3D World from Iwata Asks and statements regarding her creation, to debunk certain popular belief. People seem to apply real life logic to the Mario universe for some odd reasons, which can be a flaw if you're making a theory, rather than going by her actual role in the lore. Given the fact that Rosalina as a character, and how the fans of Mario interpret her, has many flaws (though I do understand that it would be very difficult to debunk every single details that contradicts Rosalina as a character), I think it is best to start with the main issues, possibly the widespread assumption of her "princess" status and stuff like that to undermine her canonicity of being the deity figure, "celestial mother".

I apologize if I seem like I'm telling you how to run your video, or if I look like I'm asking too much, but this is what I would like to see in an analysis video about Rosalina that would not only help us understand the character better but also provide benefits of using her, as previously stated, Smash skills and speedrunning. Though this is hard work, I believe you could pull it off! I'm sure that in the end, this will all be worth it.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Whats everyones opinion on Rosalinas new "competition" Twintelle

Both are gorgeous to look at. (Obviously I still prefer Rosalina, she has much more than looks, and shes prettier anyway)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought Byte & Barq were more like Rosalina & Luma.

Twintelle is more of a Bayonetta parallel.

Don't really care for her, she has a very fake look to her, probably to go with her movie star celebrity role.

Spring Man is the most appealing ARMS character to me thus far.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Yet the funny thing is someone by the username "maybemali" photoshopped Rosalina and Luma into Byte & Barq on Tumblr. Here's an image to see what they did, and it looks radical.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm curious to know why the comparison between Rosalina and a character from a game that's not even out yet.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Character archetype, I guess. Still, I'll be maining Ribbon Girl as soon as I get my hands on the game.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Twintelle and Rosalina had nothing in common besides some kind of visual appeal , and even more Rosalina is more mild and has a more modest and reserved look in comparison.

This is apples and oranges again.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

So MatPat released a video on Mario Kart 8 being the deadliest. While this gives me a new view on Mario Kart 8 and insight on how deadly it is, I'm sure that Super Mario Galaxy would be the deadliest game because it not only takes on an intergalactic level, but the gravity, planets, as well as being in space with no oxygen, would pretty much rank #1. Not to mention, there are levels full of black holes, and at SMG's ending, there was a supernova that caused a gigantic black hole where everyone was basically dying. I know that applying real life logic to games like these might be absurd, but going by terms of being the most dangerous game there is WITH real life logic, Super Mario Galaxy would be the deadliest game.

Last edited:

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Wow, it's been a long time since there's a reply.

For the Game Theory video, the worst thing about it is that for a moment, the video just follows me everywhere. It was not even a recommendation. Even if I'm not watching a Nintendo-related video (like all the many misleading ads of Legacy of Discord I've encountered... but I'm going out of subject here), it's still there.
And yeah, Swiftie_Muggle, the thumbnail is gross. And I did not watch any single Game Theory video since I'm only believing in canon stories.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Anyway. On the topic of strong powerful women with deep care for the world. I'm so glad Wonder Women is reviewing well. I'm going to see it Saturday I think.

Diana and Rosalina

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
taking over MK8 mods i want to share something that i have been working on.

I know he is in deluxe , but i think a MK8 version could work very well too.

There's still much to do but here he is.

Also , there has been improvements ever since that video as seen in this updated screenshot

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
^Adorkably stylish.

I can't wait until summer comes, because in less than a whole week, I'll be released from my freshmen year! Time flies by quickly, and hopefully this Summer would be more exciting... On the topic of Rosalina, there's this one song that was stuck in my head, and just me imagining Rosalina singing it to the Lumas brings satifaction. She's also like that kind of character where you'd feel like she really is a mother to you.

I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy, and contrary to the progress of multiple fans, I actually never 100%ed the game since I didn't beat the game as Luigi.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On the topic of Rosalina, there's this one song that was stuck in my head, and just me imagining Rosalina singing it to the Lumas brings satifaction. She's also like that kind of character where you'd feel like she really is a mother to you.
It also helps knowing that Rosalina is someone who is very nice to be around.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You know why Rosalina is very nice to be around with? Because she is the embodiment of elegance, that's why. There are no better words to describe her presence.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think Wonder Woman has stolen my heart that once belonged to Rosalina. Well not really since my heart never belonged to anything fictional but I just want an excuse to talk about Wonder Woman and Rosalina because that movie was amazing!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I find it disturbing for anyone to say their hearts belong to a fictional character, even if that character is Rosalina.

As for Wonder Woman, I haven't seen the movie yet. Probably won't be watching it until it comes out on Pay-Per-View.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wonder Woman had great action and humour but I thought the story was quite lackluster and the characters were a bit simplistic.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

PAULINE. GOT. IN.
I had a feeling she would've gotten in due to all the Donkey Kong references, the humans, the red girders and etc. So I fantasized of what it's like if Pauline was in the game, and this legit blew my mind. I love that she sings, it's like she and Daisy at a competition now.

Also, I LOVE that Mario's eye cap can control other people, it really reminds me of Cosmic Spirit from Super Mario Galaxy 2.. And NEW OUTFITS? Take meh moni already, like I seriously must have this game, and no excuses for not having it, because even if Rosalina may or may not be in it, I can still hope for a good story mode. It would be cool explaining how all the places, hat eyes, and everything that happened so far happened.

And so far, Rosalina doesn't seem to be appearing in the Rabbids game either.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
This game sounds really good to me. It's got some Galaxy vibes (more than Sunshine/64 atmosphere and universe-wise), Pauline's singing is obviously gold, and "some already released amiibo are also supported", it's all good news.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One cool thing I saw that gets me excited for if a certain someone appears in Odyssey...

So back when we first saw Odyssey, people noticed that Mario was half the height of the "realistic" humans.

super-mario-odyssey.jpg

This was worrying for some of us Rosalina fans, because as you can see here, Rosalina's height difference from Mario is the same. It made me think they were gonna make her default height feel small, with her being the same size as other humans, with Peach being even smaller.

height_chart_by_krakelak-d7n88cv.png

But if you compare Pauline in Odyssey to her typical models...

Screenshot_20170613-173924.png

They TOTALLY made Pauline MUCH taller to make her size comparable to the "realistic" humans.

This means if Rosalina appears (and I think she will), she's going to be absolutely massive because she was always much taller than Peach, Pauline, and Daisy as it was.

*insert certain Etika quote here*

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
One cool thing I saw that gets me excited for if a certain someone appears in Odyssey...

So back when we first saw Odyssey, people noticed that Mario was half the height of the "realistic" humans.

View attachment 130697

This was worrying for some of us Rosalina fans, because as you can see here, Rosalina's height difference from Mario is the same. It made me think they were gonna make her default height feel small, with her being the same size as other humans, with Peach being even smaller.

View attachment 130698

But if you compare Pauline in Odyssey to her typical models...

View attachment 130699

They TOTALLY made Pauline MUCH taller to make her size comparable to the "realistic" humans.

This means if Rosalina appears (and I think she will), she's going to be absolutely massive because she was always much taller than Peach, Pauline, and Daisy as it was.

*insert certain Etika quote here*
If she ever happens to fully appear. I'm sure she will appear in some way, because Nintendo's Japanese employees are fond of Rosalina, because Koizumi, etc., yet it could just be a poster in New Donk City or just a cameo through amiibo and Mario costumes...
I don't think she would work as a fully fledged character in this game, as lots of new characters seem to have been created for the game to be independent from the rest of the Mario universe (like, still no Bowser Jr.? Koopalings? Luigi?).
It's just what I think, but I really can't think of a way to include her that stays true to her character, etc.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If she ever happens to fully appear. I'm sure she will appear in some way, because Nintendo's Japanese employees are fond of Rosalina, because Koizumi, etc., yet it could just be a poster in New Donk City or just a cameo through amiibo and Mario costumes...
I don't think she would work as a fully fledged character in this game, as lots of new characters seem to have been created for the game to be independent from the rest of the Mario universe (like, still no Bowser Jr.? Koopalings? Luigi?).
It's just what I think, but I really can't think of a way to include her that stays true to her character, etc.
Simple.

Make a space world.

Mario can wear a space suit like how he can wear the Mexican outfit in that world.

And there she is. Make it post game if they want.

Rosalina wasn't exactly "integrated" in Super Mario 3D World. She just appeared because why not.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Simple.

Make a space world.

Mario can wear a space suit like how he can wear the Mexican outfit in that world.

And there she is. Make it post game if they want.

Rosalina wasn't exactly "integrated" in Super Mario 3D World. She just appeared because why not.
At least she was playable. Multiplayer was hinted by Koizumi, she has her chance.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing as Super Mario Odyssey focuses a lot on Mario's hat, I find Rosalina's chances of being playable to be non-existent. Perhaps there could be a Luigi mode, where Luigi can jump higher, but has less traction than Mario.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mario Odyssey looks awesome from what I've seen. I really like how you can control enemies' heads with that eye hat of his, which I'm gonna have a field day with that when it comes out.

And regarding Rosalina's chances of appearing in the game, I'm gonna keep my expectations low. Setting it too high is only asking for disappointment.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I dont want Rosalina in Odyssey because the game clearly has a linear plot , and having her will be just a waste of her character.

On the rabbids game though , i would love to have her there since the game looks promising and as usual the developer that is not Nintendo (Ubisoft in this case) is giving the characters more personality and that would be great for Rosalina and several others , not to mention it would be great to see her holding a gun.

Top Bottom