• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I did play around with some additional MMD models, and set up the following image...

View attachment 127569

Rosalina relaxes near the ocean, and shows off her shoes. The last time I added shoes onto Rosalina's Olympic outfit, the shoes really didn't go well with the way her feet were set up. Fortunately, I did find a different set of shoes, and they worked out a lot better after I added them onto Rosalina's Olympic outfit model.

Most of the models are Nintendo's property, but the shoes were made by DeviantArt user, MaiMami.
Isn't that a stage from that one painting in Super Mario 64 DS? I believe the name is Sunshine Isles. The shoes look fabulously chic, by the way.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I did play around with some additional MMD models, and set up the following image...

View attachment 127569

Rosalina relaxes near the ocean, and shows off her shoes. The last time I added shoes onto Rosalina's Olympic outfit, the shoes really didn't go well with the way her feet were set up. Fortunately, I did find a different set of shoes, and they worked out a lot better after I added them onto Rosalina's Olympic outfit model.

Most of the models are Nintendo's property, but the shoes were made by DeviantArt user, MaiMami.
I remember there being a Rosalina tennis dress model for MMD but the model physics and collision were pretty bad (or not what I consider good) so I decided to change / fix it myself. If I get the chance, I'll make a small video to show off the difference. I'll end up comparing to the "Cyber Thunder Cider" video since I have the files for it.

Also, lol Knuckleboards.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remember there being a Rosalina tennis dress model for MMD but the model physics and collision were pretty bad (or not what I consider good) so I decided to change / fix it myself. If I get the chance, I'll make a small video to show off the difference. I'll end up comparing to the "Cyber Thunder Cider" video since I have the files for it.

Also, lol Knuckleboards.
I did that with the Rosalina Tennis model as well.

What I can't figure out is getting her different facial features to switch out properly.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I did that with the Rosalina Tennis model as well.

What I can't figure out is getting her different facial features to switch out properly.
Personally, fixing her skirt and hair were really easy (though her hair could maybe be a bit more fluid since it's a bit stiff from my change). What really caught me off guard is how difficult changing the physics on the earrings were. I honestly don't know how the person did the calculations for them (it was really weird), but I managed to make them dangle properly (like they do in SMG).

As for the facial features, I didn't bother touching them since I was pretty okay with them, despite a few issues.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Personally, fixing her skirt and hair were really easy (though her hair could maybe be a bit more fluid since it's a bit stiff from my change). What really caught me off guard is how difficult changing the physics on the earrings were. I honestly don't know how the person did the calculations for them (it was really weird), but I managed to make them dangle properly (like they do in SMG).

As for the facial features, I didn't bother touching them since I was pretty okay with them, despite a few issues.
By facial features, I don't mean her proportions. Bad wording on my part.

Basically, she comes with multiple eyes and eyebrows and what not for different expressions, since that's how they work in the game. However, when you bring them up in rendered view, they're invisible, even though I have them set to be visible in rendered view.

Since I can't get her different eye parts to show up, her range of expressions is very limited right now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Isn't that a stage from that one painting in Super Mario 64 DS? I believe the name is Sunshine Isles. The shoes look fabulously chic, by the way.
Yeah that's pretty much the location that I used. The sky actually came from the Daisy Cruiser model set, since the Sunshine Isles model set didn't have a sky model to go with it.

As for the shoes, high heels do make Rosalina feel way more attractive. It's too bad that I can't implement them onto her tennis outfit; Rosalina's tennis outfit model does not have any bare feet polygons.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Spoilers for Kingdom Heart 2.8: This was a pretty impressive boss battle I just saw since this person didn't take any damage at all and they almost screwed up. Still, very flawless.

Also, I heard this game was pretty short (Gamexplain said it took about 2 hours to play through). I'd wanna get it, but the price isn't very enticing.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Spoilers for Kingdom Heart 2.8: This was a pretty impressive boss battle I just saw since this person didn't take any damage at all and they almost screwed up. Still, very flawless.

Also, I heard this game was pretty short (Gamexplain said it took about 2 hours to play through). I'd wanna get it, but the price isn't very enticing.
Yeah $60 looks a bit steep for it especially when comparing 1.5 + 2.5. Not much opportunity for a good sale since it's still too new. I think an eventual drop to the $40 down the line would feel more reasonable since the bulk of the content is a remake with only a few hours worth of new stuff.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

0.2 BBS is about 4 hours long on average for a first time player, which can be extended to 6-8 hours if you wanna do extra content (though my initial 100% playthrough was 14 hours or so, lol. I was really thorough. And I've gotten way more time out of it since I really enjoyed it, I've even tried speedrunning it).

KH 2.8 also contains Dream Drop Distance HD (remaster of the 3DS game, it's a full length KH game), and an hour long movie in KH X: Back Cover (based on the mobile game).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Same thing happened to me, not just in this thread but also on the Corrin social. It's not even funny.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I can honestly say these pics made my day perfect, especially the first two, fifth and seventh pics.
I ain't awww...it's actually AWWWW!

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
What? People experiencing Rosalina deprivation?
I'm experiencing misconceptions from the fandom and etc. Like, this has been going on for a while now and I still don't get how people (including the ones I know) just can't accept the fact that Rosalina is the goddess figure of the Mario universe. No matter how hard I, and other people, try to explain, they just outright refuse, denying that Rosalina is a deity, and that my proofs are "unrealistic", and tell me that I'm the "wrong one", as well as calling my evidence and facts "headcanon". It's bothering me so much, pestering me little to no end.

Ughhh, all of this feels like an overwhelming clash of multiple tsunami to the brain...

Dismay.JPG

Aside from my current struggles between Rosalina and the fandom, I wonder what Nintendo has in store for Rosalina's 10th anniversary.

I also found some lovely Rosalina music in Synthesia. Feels like a space waltz.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Aside from my current struggles between Rosalina and the fandom, I wonder what Nintendo has in store for Rosalina's 10th anniversary.
Unless Rosalina plays a significant enough role in Odyssey, I wouldn't count on Nintendo alone to do justice for her 10th anniversary. Heck, they carelessly snubbed Metroid's 30th anniversary leaving fans bitter with a spin-off and a DMCA takedown of a fan-remake. I feel it's ultimately up to us to create something really special.

Still unsurprising to see people misconceive/misunderstand Rosalina's presence. I hold my hope loosely for people to detach from the whole "princess" thing.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Unless Rosalina plays a significant enough role in Odyssey, I wouldn't count on Nintendo alone to do justice for her 10th anniversary. Heck, they carelessly snubbed Metroid's 30th anniversary leaving fans bitter with a spin-off and a DMCA takedown of a fan-remake. I feel it's ultimately up to us to create something really special.

Still unsurprising to see people misconceive/misunderstand Rosalina's presence. I hold my hope loosely for people to detach from the whole "princess" thing.
I agree. It would make sense to put Rosalina in Super Mario Odyssey, because not only would it explain how Mario, Peach and Bowser got to the other world in the first place but perhaps reveal the significance of Moon or all the new stuff in the game as well. Plus, if Rosalina is the creator of the Mario universe, might as well have her in since its a mainstream game.

Last edited:

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Rosalina was mentioned in a list of female video game characters that deserve their own game!
She was only put in as an honorable mention, but I'll gladly take it. Adding a character from such a story-light franchise on a list like this is a true testament to how valued Rosalina is as a character.

This list will contain spoilers from other games in case you were wondering.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
As much as I love Zelda, I still have my own reasons as to why Rosalina should've been number 1 on the list. Those reasons would involve not only unmasking her mysteries but hold a powerful influence to show everyone who she truly is. There are many other reasons as well, but it's probably a good thing that she was an honorable mention otherwise she would likely be called a Princess.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
You did managed to decrypt the files? That's incredible!
Yes. It was not easy but i was asking a couple of question to the right people and later on i figured all out myself.

I was able to completely replace all of Laura's clips with many more of Kerri Kane , so now Rosalina has only 1 voice.

Once again , i achived my goal.

Once Wii U waves format has a conversion tool available i will hop and change MK8 , MP10 and MTUS.

It's fun to do , and now that i got World Tour clips i have even more material to work with.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Yes. It was not easy but i was asking a couple of question to the right people and later on i figured all out myself.

I was able to completely replace all of Laura's clips with many more of Kerri Kane , so now Rosalina has only 1 voice.

Once again , i achived my goal.

Once Wii U waves format has a conversion tool available i will hop and change MK8 , MP10 and MTUS.

It's fun to do , and now that i got World Tour clips i have even more material to work with.
Sweet!

Sure, that's a lot better to hear without the clusterf*** Camelot made...

Speaking of World Tour voice clips, do you plan to make a video with it? I'm planning to do a Kerri Kane version of the TFA-VOX addon for Rosalina (it's a Garry's Mod addon which make your playermodel more "alive" with voice clips and sounds).

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
While the artists is surely talented , the drawing depics Rosalina in a different ... let's say angle.

It's definetely not ''elegant'' though, that's by no means the correct way to describe it.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I'm really digging Arms, it looks like a fighting game version of Overwatch and super fun! Also, I will surely buy Splatwoon.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The direct wasn't really that big of a deal to me. None of the new games they've announced peaked my interest.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
The direct was expectedly mediocre. No Virtual Console, no mention of how their online services will work in the future, no mention of other features such as voice chat, no Detective Pikachu, etc. Not sure why it took a year and a half for the final Smash amiibo to come out. Hey! Pikmin looks boring to me, Arms doesn't look like it has the charm that comes anywhere close to Splatoon, and the lineup overall looks really sparse. But hey, it's nice to see a bit more third party stuff sprinkled in. There's Payday 2, though that's a 4 year-old game. Will it include all the DLC? I dunno. Will Skyrim have all of its DLC? I dunno. I hope Nintendo realizes that if they want to keep third party support this time around, they're gonna have to offer something that makes the experience better than with the competition.

Splatoon 2 looks really nice though. But what damn near kills my excitement for the game is that the online multiplayer will be locked behind a paywall a few months after. I fail to see what benefits the consumer by charging them for the privilege of using a feature in a game they bought (this goes for all 3 console manufacturers). They say they want to use it for quality assurance but I feel there could be a better way around this.

I didn't expect this direct to fully convince me to buy a Switch. The only two games that are calling my name right now are Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'd like to see Nintendo push out more heavy hitters and have a more robust lineup to fill the gaps, but I'm not sure if I can feel too confident about that. For this direct though, I'd give it a solid D.

Also not too thrilled about how Fire Emblem Echoes has a season pass.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah , it looks like they forgot to filter his voice on that?

I don't think that BM voice is naturally provided by Martinet as it sounds in the games , as much as a talented actor he is , i just don't think it's naturally like that , i think they filter it a bit to make it more like a ''baby'' , hence why that crying voice sounds like Mario , because they didn't edit it to sound like Baby Mario.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Huh? Never knew it had a filter. Any tricks you can do to remove the filter, or add the filter to some of Mario's other voice clips? (Or maybe even Wario and Waluigi, I'd like to hear what Baby versions of them sound like.)

I think I saw video once where Charles did a quick impression of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi and sounded fine. I'll try and find it later.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Even so , Baby Mario's voice still has some sort of filter.

You can hear it in the older games , Mario Golf and Mario Tennis 64.

He reuses this filtered voice in Sports Super Stars again.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, I tried to look it up and every impression of the baby characters I hear him do does sounds very off.

Stange that I never knew about the filter until now considering I've been playing as Baby Mario for the longest time.

Top Bottom