• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I didn't see anything that was considered spoilers in any of y'all's post so that's why I didn't say anything. I assume it didn't have anything to do with the story.
The thing is, in order to get to Divine Beast Naboris, you first need to take back the Thunder Helm from the Yiga clan. However, you have to sneak through the hideout without being detected by the clan members, as they can instantly kill Link if they spot him.

Sure, you have the option to take on Calamity Ganon right off the bat, but taking back the Divine Beasts first will make the final boss less difficult to reach.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The thing is, in order to get to Divine Beast Naboris, you first need to take back the Thunder Helm from the Yiga clan. However, you have to sneak through the hideout without being detected by the clan members, as they can instantly kill Link if they spot him.

Sure, you have the option to take on Calamity Ganon right off the bat, but taking back the Divine Beasts first will make the final boss less difficult to reach.
Er...I didn't ask for the specifics, but okay.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've actually just finished my last shrine in BOTW! Now it's sidequest time :)

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I've actually just finished my last shrine in BOTW! Now it's sidequest time :)
Congratulations! I'm currently sitting at 56 shrines and 56 Korok Seeds, not that much but slowly and steadily I'm trying to increase my number

A fanart of this:
*snap*
That music gives me anxiety every time. That piano is so haunting.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So there is a new Rosalina plush as part of the "Super Mario All-Stars Collection" of plushes in Japan.

It looks just like the old 3D World one at first glance, but it's a bit bigger.

Might see if I can get a hold of it soon.

EDIT: Managed to get an order in. AmiAmi still has it in stock.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I found another image of the plush.

I recall that there were already three versions of it, excluding the Cat Rosalina.

I suppose, comparing the All Star Collection version to other versions in the spoiler tag above, that this one has the star brooch placed higher, giving her chest more area and space than the other plushes.

I honestly wish they made a much bigger plush of Rosalina, about this size.

Or even this...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I found another image of the plush.

I recall that there were already three versions of it, excluding the Cat Rosalina.

I suppose, comparing the All Star Collection version to other versions in the spoiler tag above, that this one has the star brooch placed higher, giving her chest more area and space than the other plushes.

I honestly wish they made a much bigger plush of Rosalina, about this size.

Or even this...

The first two images in the spoiler tag are of the same plush. The first was a promotional image of what a "perfect" one looks like. The second image is just an ebay user image of their copy. Not all copies will match the promotional image exactly.

This new one is of a bigger size though, and seems to have a better overall quality. Looking forward to receiving it soon.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
If Rosalina does make it in, I wonder if they will have Peach kiss her as well. All sorts of thing to imagine, but we all know that she is capable of functioning in the game.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Hopefully not. It makes sense with Toadette because she is child like character , it does look like a mother and daughter or big sister and little sister thing.

Rosalina doing so would be the epitome of being out of character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

There's your new characters.

Nothing to see here.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Wow, "new" characters. This is honestly a big disappointment, Nintendo really should stop with clones because honestly, they're frankly annoying and really have no true purpose other than retexture. Hopefully that's not all the characters though, but if it is, then it's sad.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
I finished my lastest Star Rush mod featuring Mercedes Rose as Rosalina. I think some music mods can be done as well for this game.
Nice work! ^^

There's your new characters.

Nothing to see here.
They really need to stop doing alternate textures. Just look at the tweet's replies. Everyone was waiting for Daisy and Rosalina.

Well done. :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They really need to stop doing alternate textures. Just look at the tweet's replies. Everyone was waiting for Daisy and Rosalina.
Less work is needed to make palette swaps though. And I frankly find it doubtful that Daisy would ever make it as a playable character in Super Mario Run anyway.

I wish I could say that time constraints is another reason for this, but some people do find that to be a feeble excuse.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Less work is needed to make palette swaps though. And I frankly find it doubtful that Daisy would ever make it as a playable character in Super Mario Run anyway.

I wish I could say that time constraints is another reason for this, but some people do find that to be a feeble excuse.
That's true however.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Japanese Rosalina player Kirihara won Frame Perfect Series 2 (national tournament) yesterday, even beating ZeRo.

The crowd also cheered for Rosalina to win, which never happens. Kirihara plays a more aggressive/varied Rosalina compared to the turtle playstyle most Western players use (which got Rosalina her bad reputation and has been what's making her drop on tier lists).

Finally, something positive for once!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Nice to hear people were cheering for Rosalina.

BTW, what do you guys think of Mario Kart 8 deluxes Renegade Roundup?

Can't wait to play as Commissioner Rosalina, Sargent Baby Mario, Detective Link, Mob Boss King Boo, Thief Iggy and Bowser doing whatever he wants.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That would be the only thing that i would get excited for in the Deluxe version.

However im sick of MK8 , i want it to die already. I am really not in a rush to get a Switch or Deluxe as result.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That would be the only thing that i would get excited for in the Deluxe version.

However im sick of MK8 , i want it to die already. I am really not in a rush to get a Switch or Deluxe as result.
...If you're sick of the game, just don't play it.

No need for it to die off if other people are still enjoying it.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
...If you're sick of the game, just don't play it.

No need for it to die off if other people are still enjoying it.
For starters i was stating my personal view on this , i don't need any kind of third party comment about that.

and lastly , well , i actually don't play MK8. Haven't since early 2016 , so thanks for the kind advice but i am already pass that.

I want it to die because i was never a big fan of many of the game aspects , besides at this point i am certain nobody would feel bad at all if we get MK9 , like it should have been. MK8 is dead horse that continues to be beaten , i personaly don't care for that and would not be my reason to get a new system anytime soon.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
BTW, what do you guys think of Mario Kart 8 deluxes Renegade Roundup?
I think it's very cool, and I especially like the Piranha Plants there. I'm more intrigued in Shine Thief, since I think it would be more particularly intriguing along with Sunshine Airport to give it more of a Super Mario Sunshine feeling.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I saw all of her cards in a video. The video was revealing the whole album of cards as well.

I happened to stumble upon this video, and I wonder what you guys would think of it. For me, it seems to have good points as well as bad points, since she is deeply ingressed herself into the Mario lore and more, so it wouldn't really of fanservice since she is an important Mario character, and pertinent to the universe itself.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Honestly though , i see it like this.

Rosalina's essence as the mysterious, beautiful and calm character has been totally thrown out of the window thanks to her new status a series regular. She now appears in mostly party games that only make her look rather generic thanks to her unecessary high pitched tone and overall plain and simplistic nature of those party games , even losing certain trademarks that actually contributed to her Galaxy persona which were her outer space echo and her Luma in Mario Kart.

Going by that , i would totally want Rosalina to appear again in a Main Mario game since apparently that's the only way she could have a more accurate portrayal to her own original debut character. However , considering that Odyssey is looking like it's gonna be in between SM64 and Sunshine , i don't see any kind of need for Rosalina to be in that game.

I feel like Rosalina should be saved for SMG3 if it ever happens , considering that a game that it's actually part of the same line of her debut game would be extremely great for her to be in. It would suit her whole character more and it will rescue what has been lost since 2010.

If she , by some sort of miracle , ends up appearing somehow in Odyssey it would be nice , i won't oppose to more Rosalina appearences. However , i personally don't think it's likealy and i dont think this specific game is ''the one'' that Rosalina needs.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina hasn't lost her mysterious edge because we still haven't learned anything substantial about her character since Galaxy 2. In order for a character to stop being mysterious, the answers to their big mysteries have to be revealed. That has not happened yet for Rosalina.

To compare to a character who HAS lost all mystery - look at Lucina. In Fire Emblem Awakening, Lucina started out masquerading as Marth, fighting alongside Chrom on occasion. Then it's revealed that she is actually his daughter from the future, and is a princess in that time. However, her future is a doomed one that she intends to save with Chrom's help. Once you know these things, there really isn't any major mystery left to Lucina's character. You can even marry her and get extra close to her.

Not only has the big mystery been solved, but basically every cameo appearance Lucina has made since Awakening spoils this big mystery about her character, even official bios posted by Nintendo online.

Rosalina by comparison, doesn't get her backstory spoiled in bios or cameo appearances. All they mention is that she helped a Luma search for it's mother when she was little, but nothing else, and we know a fair bit more is shown in the storybook. But even still, Rosalina has plenty of unanswered mysteries regarding her. Like where did she get her powers? How much of her power is connected to her wand, and how much of it is innate? Why has she stopped ageing beyond a certain point, allowing her to live seemingly forever? Who were her parents and what was Rosalina's relationship with them like? Who was her brother and what was he like? What exactly happened to Rosalina's family to leave Rosalina all alone? How did Rosalina forget about what happened to her family and live in denial for so many years, thinking they were still alive in the vast cosmos? When Rosalina's mother appeared to her in a dream, was it just a simple dream in Rosalina's own head, or was there a force at work that allowed Rosalina's mother to appear to her in spirit and help her not to lose hope? How the heck can Rosalina have an entire universe up her skirt!?

All of these questions, and more, have not had an official answer presented to us, either in a game or in official material. They were all directly teased in a game Rosalina appeared in though, so it's not fans just over thinking it. They're real mysteries pertaining to the character that have no official answer. Rosalina is a character with many stories yet to be told about her, her life, her role in the universe, and the people connected to her (I mean just look at the amount of books in her Library!).

So no, Rosalina hasn't lost any of her mystery. Being mysterious is not a personality trait, and it doesn't require a character to act a certain way. It's simply a circumstance. There are plenty of characters that are mysterious, but act really upbeat and happy all of the time. That's even usually because they have no interest in sharing the information and want to keep things a secret, so they try to act normal so as not to raise suspicion.

In Rosalina's case, there isn't an ulterior motive to her acting more lively in spin-off games. It's just a more fun side of her that she can bring out when she can cut loose. If anything, I think that adds a bit more depth to her character, as it means she isn't one-note. Plus, this side of her wasn't completely absent from her in the Galaxy games.

As far as her appearing in Odyssey, I'm not sure about that. If they can come up with a compelling reason to include her though, then by all means.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Rosalina hasn't lost her mysterious edge because we still haven't learned anything substantial about her character since Galaxy 2. In order for a character to stop being mysterious, the answers to their big mysteries have to be revealed. That has not happened yet for Rosalina.

To compare to a character who HAS lost all mystery - look at Lucina. In Fire Emblem Awakening, Lucina started out masquerading as Marth, fighting alongside Chrom on occasion. Then it's revealed that she is actually his daughter from the future, and is a princess in that time. However, her future is a doomed one that she intends to save with Chrom's help. Once you know these things, there really isn't any major mystery left to Lucina's character. You can even marry her and get extra close to her.

Not only has the big mystery been solved, but basically every cameo appearance Lucina has made since Awakening spoils this big mystery about her character, even official bios posted by Nintendo online.

Rosalina by comparison, doesn't get her backstory spoiled in bios or cameo appearances. All they mention is that she helped a Luma search for it's mother when she was little, but nothing else, and we know a fair bit more is shown in the storybook. But even still, Rosalina has plenty of unanswered mysteries regarding her. Like where did she get her powers? How much of her power is connected to her wand, and how much of it is innate? Why has she stopped ageing beyond a certain point, allowing her to live seemingly forever? Who were her parents and what was Rosalina's relationship with them like? Who was her brother and what was he like? What exactly happened to Rosalina's family to leave Rosalina all alone? How did Rosalina forget about what happened to her family and live in denial for so many years, thinking they were still alive in the vast cosmos? When Rosalina's mother appeared to her in a dream, was it just a simple dream in Rosalina's own head, or was there a force at work that allowed Rosalina's mother to appear to her in spirit and help her not to lose hope? How the heck can Rosalina have an entire universe up her skirt!?

All of these questions, and more, have not had an official answer presented to us, either in a game or in official material. They were all directly teased in a game Rosalina appeared in though, so it's not fans just over thinking it. They're real mysteries pertaining to the character that have no official answer. Rosalina is a character with many stories yet to be told about her, her life, her role in the universe, and the people connected to her (I mean just look at the amount of books in her Library!).

So no, Rosalina hasn't lost any of her mystery. Being mysterious is not a personality trait, and it doesn't require a character to act a certain way. It's simply a circumstance. There are plenty of characters that are mysterious, but act really upbeat and happy all of the time. That's even usually because they have no interest in sharing the information and want to keep things a secret, so they try to act normal so as not to raise suspicion.

In Rosalina's case, there isn't an ulterior motive to her acting more lively in spin-off games. It's just a more fun side of her that she can bring out when she can cut loose. If anything, I think that adds a bit more depth to her character, as it means she isn't one-note. Plus, this side of her wasn't completely absent from her in the Galaxy games.

As far as her appearing in Odyssey, I'm not sure about that. If they can come up with a compelling reason to include her though, then by all means.
Well said

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

I agree with everything you said, regarding Rosalina's personality and secrets. Figuratively, her secrets are as deep as space itself. It feels that she is bound to have these big mysteries and answers exposed, cause for now, they just mention her personality as mysterious. I remember Miyamoto saying that there nay be a Galaxy 3, and even if she may not be in Odyssey, there's hopefully a big surprise awaiting her. Perchance, big contents. It feels wrong to have her forever be mysterious though, but that is probably because of all the common misconceptions abd misinformations.

Just gonna say something I've been wanting to for a long time now...

I can't help but thank you for the things you say, because not only does it teach me and others more about Rosalina, but other various subjects as well, along with additional help such as news update, so thank you very much for that. I've read previous comments in this thread and the old one, but yours tend to stand out to me the most, like you know more about Rosalina and probably all the other characters, games and stuff as well. You've basically changed my view on Rosalina, and I don't even think now that it would be possible without you. As she is also my favorite Nintendo character as well, it does feel really nice and refreshing to know someone who knows that much about Rosalina, to surprise me every time. One of the reasons that it's surprising because you appear confident in pointing out flaws, fallacies and provide correct informations, manage to convince me regardless of the opponent's responses. This really help boosts up my appreciation for Rosalina. There would probably be something I would disagree on, but I find it hard to figure out what. So yeah, your inputs and thoughts, to me, are very beneficial and dazzling. I kinda want to know what you think at time, and as I always would expect it when you do say it out loud, it would feel like a dream come true, and I'm not exaggerating. It felt like you didn't know this, so this is why I feel like there is a need for me to state it aloud and stop internalizing it. I would love to say more, but this was something I had to get off my chest, because I feel like I spent my time here long enough to understand and percieve. Thanks for reading this, it means a lot.

Anyways, I hope Rosalina will have a fabulous representation in the years of Nintendo Switch. Similar to her rise in recognition during the Wii U days.

Edit: Ugh, I can't even spoil properly on mobile...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I agree with everything you said, regarding Rosalina's personality and secrets. Figuratively, her secrets are as deep as space itself. It feels that she is bound to have these big mysteries and answers exposed, cause for now, they just mention her personality as mysterious. I remember Miyamoto saying that there nay be a Galaxy 3, and even if she may not be in Odyssey, there's hopefully a big surprise awaiting her. Perchance, big contents. It feels wrong to have her forever be mysterious though, but that is probably because of all the common misconceptions abd misinformations.

Just gonna say something I've been wanting to for a long time now...

I can't help but thank you for the things you say, because not only does it teach me and others more about Rosalina, but other various subjects as well, along with additional help such as news update, so thank you very much for that. I've read previous comments in this thread and the old one, but yours tend to stand out to me the most, like you know more about Rosalina and probably all the other characters, games and stuff as well. You've basically changed my view on Rosalina, and I don't even think now that it would be possible without you. As she is also my favorite Nintendo character as well, it does feel really nice and refreshing to know someone who knows that much about Rosalina, to surprise me every time. One of the reasons that it's surprising because you appear confident in pointing out flaws, fallacies and provide correct informations, manage to convince me regardless of the opponent's responses. This really help boosts up my appreciation for Rosalina. There would probably be something I would disagree on, but I find it hard to figure out what. So yeah, your inputs and thoughts, to me, are very beneficial and dazzling. I kinda want to know what you think at time, and as I always would expect it when you do say it out loud, it would feel like a dream come true, and I'm not exaggerating. It felt like you didn't know this, so this is why I feel like there is a need for me to state it aloud and stop internalizing it. I would love to say more, but this was something I had to get off my chest, because I feel like I spent my time here long enough to understand and percieve. Thanks for reading this, it means a lot.

Anyways, I hope Rosalina will have a fabulous representation in the years of Nintendo Switch. Similar to her rise in recognition during the Wii U days.

Edit: Ugh, I can't even spoil properly on mobile...
My humble thanks. This made my day a little brighter.

Top Bottom