• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I voted.

Even thought my pick was the minority , which is option 3 , the thing is there's already a lot of videos claiming to offer ''facts'' and ''trivia'' about Rosalina , and usually those cover the same basic stuff like

''Did you know Rosalina was debuted in 2007?''

''Did you know that Rosalina had a redesign?''

''Did you know that Rosalina was suppoused to be related to Peach?''

and all the usual stuff , it gets repetitive and dull since there's no much of a trivia that most of us don't know already and the info , as i said , is always the same.

Option 3 however, proposes something that i have never seen around , and i bet most people haven't either as i really haven't come across to a video actively explaining the pro points of Rosalina as character while also detailing her bad points and how she can be improved.

To me it's more realistic, unique and likeable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I voted.

Even thought my pick was the minority , which is option 3 , the thing is there's already a lot of videos claiming to offer ''facts'' and ''trivia'' about Rosalina , and usually those cover the same basic stuff like

''Did you know Rosalina was debuted in 2007?''

''Did you know that Rosalina had a redesign?''

''Did you know that Rosalina was suppoused to be related to Peach?''

and all the usual stuff , it gets repetitive and dull since there's no much of a trivia that most of us don't know already and the info , as i said , is always the same.

Option 3 however, proposes something that i have never seen around , and i bet most people haven't either as i really haven't come across to a video actively explaining the pro points of Rosalina as character while also detailing her bad points and how she can be improved.

To me it's more realistic, unique and likeable.
If I go with Option 1, it wouldn't just go over the basic stuff. It would be at least 30 minutes long, and I do intend to have a section of it dedicated to misconceptions and rumours about the character, where I either debunk them with facts, or if there aren't any concrete facts to be able to do that, I provide my take (though the difference between what's me using facts and what's me theorising would be clearly spelled out).

It would also go into great, minuet detail about her character - though this will also happen in Option 3 too if I go with that.

Depending on how much time I have and how well the first video does, I could end up making all three options.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
If you guys don't mind, I have a strawpoll I'd like to collect some data from, in relation to Rosalina. Vote on which option suits you best!

https://strawpoll.com/ezcr47b
It's hard, because I want to vote for all of them. I'll vote for the one I believe would be the most beneficial and best. Also, I think doing them all at once would be very organized, meticulous and possibly bunch up all the things you want to say. Like GameXplain's long analysis on various games, you can do them all at once or make separate videos for the choices.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's hard, because I want to vote for all of them. I'll vote for the one I believe would be the most beneficial and best. I do wonder, couldn't you do them all at once in a single video project?
People have suggested that, but I don't want to do it that way because I risk over-exerting myself with creating a massive 1 hour+ video, or trying to make something around a half hour long that crams every topic into it, not giving any of them the full attention they deserve.

If the first video did well though, I would consider making the other two.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
People have suggested that, but I don't want to do it that way because I risk over-exerting myself with creating a massive 1 hour+ video, or trying to make something around a half hour long that crams every topic into it, not giving any of them the full attention they deserve.

If the first video did well though, I would consider making the other two.
Whoops, I kinda edited my last post a little. But yes, it would be tiresome, I agree. I do hope that it goes well though.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hm... a person I am not going to call out it's username post about a fashion poster in one of Splatoon 2 is disturbing and pander to pedos... what do you guys think?

I mean, don't even know if this Inkling is a male or female, a kid or an adult...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hm... a person I am not going to call out it's username post about a fashion poster in one of Splatoon 2 is disturbing and pander to pedos... what do you guys think?

I mean, don't even know if this Inkling is a male or female, a kid or an adult...
IMO it's something that should have been changed in the localisation. Cultural differences and all that. Stuff like that is more accepted as normal in Japan, but not over in Western territories.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
IMO it's something that should have been changed in the localisation. Cultural differences and all that. Stuff like that is more accepted as normal in Japan, but not over in Western territories.
I would see that happened when they officially release the game. But since it isn't that suggestive, I don't see Nintendo will censor that poster in other regions besides Japan. And that poster is from a fashion boutique, according Gamexplain it's not that surprised it's there.
And fyi that individual thinks that Splatoon draws a lot of attention from pedos, where he doesn't have a legit evidence (Only with some Japanese artist that drew Splatoon fanarts), that statement right there just makes me facepalmed...

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i think people from western culture like to sexualize things as they please. Suddenly everything is ''suggestive''.

I particulary don't like that poster , but that doesn't mean i need to automatically assume it's suggestive , specially in a Nintendo game that many children play.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Am I the only one that doesn't see the problem with that poster? Seriously.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
i think people from western culture like to sexualize things as they please. Suddenly everything is ''suggestive''.

I particulary don't like that poster , but that doesn't mean i need to automatically assume it's suggestive , specially in a Nintendo game that many children play.
And the more I think of it, I don't think region censorship would be a thing, since ya know. The Switch is region free. It would be a bit pointless for Nintendo to do that.
But hey, I found this Japanese Splatoon contest poster cool
IMG_20170212_161911.jpg

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wish I had the internet power to play Splatoon. It looks so fun. But I never played because I didn't think single player alone was worth it.

But now the Switch is out, I'm hoping to find it at a discounted price

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dabuz won Civil War and used Rosalina in the finals.

Two major tournament wins for the character in the same month, pinch me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Meanwhile, I did an avatar change last night. However, I did edit out the nose line, since I find that Rosalina's 2D drawings look better without the nose line.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I wish I had the internet power to play Splatoon. It looks so fun. But I never played because I didn't think single player alone was worth it.

But now the Switch is out, I'm hoping to find it at a discounted price
I tried the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire, but only in two of the 1-hour sessions they had. At first, I wasn't sure if I'd buy this game since I had my fill of Splatoon on the Wii U, but now I'm definitely considering buying Splatoon 2. Also, I ended up getting the Switch Day 1, but I've probably could have waited till April or Summer. The Nintendo World Store isn't too far from where I work and I went there the other day with no lines or anything of the sort. I went in there, picked up some accessories for the Switch, and went on my way. I'm pretty sure they're stocked regularly with Nintendo Switches and anyone can just walk in and buy a Switch.

I've also been gone for quite a while, again... Sorry -_-

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I tried the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire, but only in two of the 1-hour sessions they had. At first, I wasn't sure if I'd buy this game since I had my fill of Splatoon on the Wii U, but now I'm definitely considering buying Splatoon 2. Also, I ended up getting the Switch Day 1, but I've probably could have waited till April or Summer. The Nintendo World Store isn't too far from where I work and I went there the other day with no lines or anything of the sort. I went in there, picked up some accessories for the Switch, and went on my way. I'm pretty sure they're stocked regularly with Nintendo Switches and anyone can just walk in and buy a Switch.

I've also been gone for quite a while, again... Sorry -_-
Man I am even jealous that you got Switch.
And isn't the Nintendo World Store now called Nintendo New York? So you were at New York and got the console? Cool, did you know that during the launch day one of my favorite Youtuber Captain Nintendo Dude became the first person to get the console. And if you want to play the new Zelda game, I don't see getting the Switch at launch a bad idea.
So how was the console? Were there any defects, or bugs that some meDia outlets have pointed out?
As for Splatoon2 I just hope it has a better story and multiplayer mode.
And welcome back, I guess ypu just have other things to do, so it's ok, don't feel bad about it.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Man I am even jealous that you got Switch.
And isn't the Nintendo World Store now called Nintendo New York? So you were at New York and got the console? Cool, did you know that during the launch day one of my favorite Youtuber Captain Nintendo Dude became the first person to get the console. And if you want to play the new Zelda game, I don't see getting the Switch at launch a bad idea.
So how was the console? Were there any defects, or bugs that some meDia outlets have pointed out?
As for Splatoon2 I just hope it has a better story and multiplayer mode.
And welcome back, I guess ypu just have other things to do, so it's ok, don't feel bad about it.
I guess I didn't realize they changed the name of the Nintendo World Store. I did get Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Switch and I've got about 70 hours of playtime with it and it's really good. I've been playing it almost every day so far. As for any defects with the console, I've got no problems at all. My Switch is pretty much perfect (no scratches) and the Joy-Con work at any distance. I got the Gray Joy-Con by the way.

I do hope Splatoon 2 has a better story this time around and a better menu. Right now for Splatoon on the Wii U, I have so many weapons and gear that it's so hard to find what I want. I hope Splatoon 2 let's people make pre-made sets so that I don't have to pick my weapon and gear every single time.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I guess I didn't realize they changed the name of the Nintendo World Store. I did get Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Switch and I've got about 70 hours of playtime with it and it's really good. I've been playing it almost every day so far. As for any defects with the console, I've got no problems at all. My Switch is pretty much perfect (no scratches) and the Joy-Con work at any distance. I got the Gray Joy-Con by the way.

I do hope Splatoon 2 has a better story this time around and a better menu. Right now for Splatoon on the Wii U, I have so many weapons and gear that it's so hard to find what I want. I hope Splatoon 2 let's people make pre-made sets so that I don't have to pick my weapon and gear every single time.
It's glad to know that you don't have problem. This pretty much proves that Switch doesn't have a huge issue like some people have thought. In Taiwan only comlaints that people have is no Chinese... which in my opinion is understandable but also dumb.
And you can buy other colors of Joy Con. If I can buy a Switch I would buy neon color and try to buy another Joy Con to make both sides neon red.
It is not hard for me to buy one online. It will cost "a fortune" for me to get the console. Both Japan and Hong Kong imports are in the same price, so I will just need to find the cheapest one.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Hey what's up? Sounds like everyone's doing well having a good time overall. Hopefully everyone who got a new Switch is enjoying it. As for myself, I've just been viewing Switch stuff from afar as I currently have no intentions of getting one any time soon. I do have The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Wii U but haven't played it yet. I still have it sealed on my shelf for when I have the time and when I'm in the mood.

Also, I've noticed that Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle has opened up a DeviantART. Congrats! Can't wait to see what you make in the future. You too, @FatalitySonic2.
Another fine creation giving us more Rosalina. Such powerful motivation that even I haven't obtained to take on such a task. I salute you.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Weird question, but what happened to Sonicbrawler, did he change his name or does he not post anymore?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Weird question, but what happened to Sonicbrawler, did he change his name or does he not post anymore?
I changed my name. :p

I don't usually post much anymore actually, though boredom has been striking me on more occasions lately so I've been visiting this website more often as of late. I've always popped into this thread every so often, though, when something worthwhile in relation to Rosalina happens.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
This arrived way earlier than I expected.

You getting KH 1.5+2.5? You have good taste. I just got it yesterday and it's great. I already played the first and second KH games on PS2 but I haven't played any of the other games. I'm really excited to try Birth By Sleep since I heard it's so good. I think I'll skip Re: chain Memories though (after Traverse Town, I went to Wonderland and I couldn't even beat the boss, on easy mode). I never thought the card mechanic would make me dislike a game so much.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
You getting KH 1.5+2.5? You have good taste. I just got it yesterday and it's great. I already played the first and second KH games on PS2 but I haven't played any of the other games. I'm really excited to try Birth By Sleep since I heard it's so good. I think I'll skip Re: chain Memories though (after Traverse Town, I went to Wonderland and I couldn't even beat the boss, on easy mode). I never thought the card mechanic would make me dislike a game so much.
I played the two main KH games on my PS2 at the time and BbS on my PSP a year after its release and I got the 1.5 and 2.5 collections on PS3. I'll "soon" buy 2.8 on my fresh PS4.
I heard good and bad things on 1.5+2.5 but still, the loading times are AMAZING, even better than PS2 versions which are incredible games on their own. Birth by Sleep is very good and Aqua is my favourite character both as a character per se and combat style (she's so OP and absurdly fun to use).
And Chain of Memories is also impossible for me LOL

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
KH is one of my favourite game franchises, I'm almost a slave to it, lol.

Though if I'd known about the bugs and issues the new collection has earlier, I probably wouldn't have pre-ordered. I pre-ordered from the Square Enix store well in advance because I wanted the Limited Edition pin, and payment was taken by the time word got out about the remaster's issues.

My order of favourites is:

1)KH1FM
2)KH2FM
3)KH Re: coded
4)KH 0.2 BBS
5)KH 358/2 Days
6)KH Re:CoM
7)KH DDD
8)KH BBS

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I've been playing KH1 every now and then. I'm currently in Halloween Town. It's been pretty fun so far. The high jump really feels like a saving grace because I'm still trying to get used to the feel of jumping. I have a feeling that I will continue to like the game and the series the more I play it. I'm confident in getting that vibe as I go along. Can't wait to get deeper into the lore where things get really interesting.

Edit: Ayyy we got Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles... up in here!

Since the April Fool's theme is Knuckles, and I'm in Halloween Town in Kingdom Hearts, I might as well...

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
LOL @Knucklesboard, made me smile.
Btw, my favourite Kingdom Hearts games in order (from what I've played so far) are:
  1. Kingdom Hearts
  2. Kingdom Hearts 2
  3. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
  4. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is stupid.

I have very little interest in anything that isn't Nintendo, it's sad I know, but true.

This is stupid.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Waluigi feels violated by this prank. Back at Brawl in the Family, he always popped up in some way on April Fools Day. In other words...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Using r/place got me in the mood to try making a sprite.

I found a cool tool called Piskel that's designed for making sprites.

Here's a little Luma I made in a few minutes.

New Piskel.png

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did play around with some additional MMD models, and set up the following image...

RosalinaUpdate2.png

Rosalina relaxes near the ocean, and shows off her shoes. The last time I added shoes onto Rosalina's Olympic outfit, the shoes really didn't go well with the way her feet were set up. Fortunately, I did find a different set of shoes, and they worked out a lot better after I added them onto Rosalina's Olympic outfit model.

Most of the models are Nintendo's property, but the shoes were made by DeviantArt user, MaiMami.

Top Bottom