• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This comic strip is so adorable it justifies Baby Rosalina's existence for me.

Not really... At least for me. Baby Rosalina is adorable, but as you see in this comic, Lumas mistake her as their mama, whereas Baby Rosalina didn't know them at all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>When mama forgot to bring the Star Bits

There was a problem fetching the tweet

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Place seems inactive so I'm gonna have to double post.

Here are Rosalina and Baby Rosalina's title screens in MK8 Deluxe. Good wallpaper material.

Screenshot_20170425-224514.png

Screenshot_20170425-224537.png

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Meanwhile, I've been checking up on the stat changes in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and unfortunately, they're less balanced than how Mario Kart 8 handled the character stats.

In fact, my favorite combo got hit in that the speed and weight stats got nerfed, while the handling and traction stats got buffed. Acceleration did not change at all, so it would be extremely criminal if acceleration tiers still exist.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Meanwhile, I've been checking up on the stat changes in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and unfortunately, they're less balanced than how Mario Kart 8 handled the character stats.

In fact, my favorite combo got hit in that the speed and weight stats got nerfed, while the handling and traction stats got buffed. Acceleration did not change at all, so it would be extremely criminal if acceleration tiers still exist.
You probably know already but acceleration tiers don't exist now. Not in the same way as before at least.

For example, 3.00, 3.25, 3.50, & 3.75 are now all different. Same with all of the other numbers.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You probably know already but acceleration tiers don't exist now. Not in the same way as before at least.

For example, 3.00, 3.25, 3.50, & 3.75 are now all different. Same with all of the other numbers.
This video showcases the acceleration differences, but the person who did the tests failed to mention if they're for 150cc or 200cc. Also, now that the gliders that boost acceleration also weaken the ground speed stat, there can be a margin of error if you can't find a way to test two or more combos with the same speed, but different acceleration values.

On a side note, a user who goes by the name of Mister Wu does keep track of the Mario Kart mechanics.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
If someone ever wondered how would it be if Laura's voice was used in Golf , now you can listen.

It turned out great in my opinion , i was lucky to get a Eagle so i could showcase all the animations.

I feel like this should have been the original in the actual game.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just found out about a piece of Rosalina merchandise that released last year that I somehow never heard of until yesterday. Already bought one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The artist made a standalone version of Rosalina.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If anyone remembers the Grand Star icon that I made for Smash Wii U, someone managed to make a results screen variation of the icon for me earlier.

grandstaricon7.jpg

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Same with Overwatch...
And check out this artwork of Cynthia and Rosalina.
That's really awesome. A lot of fan art like to exaggerate features but this one looks spectacular and beautiful.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's really awesome. A lot of fan art like to exaggerate features but this one looks spectacular and beautiful.
Most artist have their own artstyle, you can't blame them for that.
This artist though seems to have its own artstyle with artstyle that are original but it a more bright color.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
I just found out about a piece of Rosalina merchandise that released last year that I somehow never heard of until yesterday. Already bought one.

I've ordered one thanks to you. It seems like she's pretty rare as the different prices on Amazon shows... and the fact that in Toys"R"Us's website, it's sold out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I'm making a start at getting into MK8 modding. I made a simple texture mod for Rosalina.

I never liked how they just recoloured Peach's biker suit texture for Daisy and Rosalina, mainly because I think the love heart logo on the back just doesn't suit Daisy and Rosalina (maybe Daisy a bit, but definitely not Rosalina). So I changed Rosalina's to a Grand Star. I might do a few more tweaks to this one, then when I have all of the kinks worked out, I'll change Daisy's.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I never did get into Mario Kart 8 hacking. I guess the one problem is figuring out which files control the character and vehicle stats.

On the other hand, modifying the stats can potentially mess up your time trial records and highlight reels.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
So I'm making a start at getting into MK8 modding. I made a simple texture mod for Rosalina.

I never liked how they just recoloured Peach's biker suit texture for Daisy and Rosalina, mainly because I think the love heart logo on the back just doesn't suit Daisy and Rosalina (maybe Daisy a bit, but definitely not Rosalina). So I changed Rosalina's to a Grand Star. I might do a few more tweaks to this one, then when I have all of the kinks worked out, I'll change Daisy's.
The star would be better blue.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I improved it a little. Added a stroke to the Grand Star so it now matches the logo on her vehicles.

I'll probably make a version where it's turquoise soon. Right now, I have a more interesting texture mod I want to tackle for her.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That looks better.

I'm sticking with the heart though. That's not exclusive to Peach and it looks like a nice touch in the back.

If i ever start the modding (soon because i have some special files now) i would make Rosalina's main textures (dress) less saturated and more blue-ish like in SMG. I don't like the excesive saturation in MK8 and 3DWorld.

EDIT:

Bye bye yelling Rosalina , Hello Rosalina.

I was able to give Rosalina her 3D World voice clips back.

No more unfitting sounds , it's all perfect now.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When you're trying to enjoy a good kart race but you suddenly realise you were programmed with the most tragic backstory in the game.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Finally gave Rosalina the voice she deserves. Also made a texture hack for the Cat cruiser to match Cat Rosalina and the Sports bike has a Varnish i call Galaxy Air.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was doing some races and looking at the replays and though the way the light shone off her here looked pretty.

Top Bottom