• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wouldn't go so far as to call them "corporate scum" over this.

I mean, deny it all you want, but the Wii U was a failure. And it's very much Nintendo's fault.

So they are trying to fix that problem with a strong launch line-up for the NX. Having a big 3D Zelda title at launch is an excellent way to drive sales for the system.

It sucks for Wii U fans, and how we don't get a big Zelda game in time for the 30th Anniversary. But if you guys truly want Nintendo to do better, pushing Zelda back to release on the NX, is a necessary step.

I don't understand their logic for their E3 plans though. That seems plain stupid.

I don't really feel buyer's remorse over the Wii U, it gave me a decent fill. I do however, feel buyer's remorse for certain games, as some of Nintendo's games this gen have felt incredibly rushed, or they didn't focus enough on certain areas. Smash is one of those games.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The WiiU is almost at its end and I only own these games for them:

-Nintendo Land
-New Super Mario Bros U (plus DLC)
-Hyrule Warriors
-Splatoon
-Mario Maker
-Mario Kart 8
-3D World

The WiiU is my Splatoon device and not much more.

Hope the NX is better

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Frankly, the Dreamcast did WAY worse than the Wii U. Before talking trash about Nintendo, remember what happened to Sega and its consoles.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Might as well share my Wii U collection.

Not pictured here are digital copies of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and the fact I am currently downloading the new Mini Mario game.

I also have all of the DLC in these games, except for NSMBU.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nintendo has done quite a number of stupid things as of late. In case anyone didn't hear the breaking news, in summary, Nintendo is corporate scum and they don't care who they screw over just to squeeze more money out of consumers and their investors.
I don't disagree the part where you said Nintendo has done stupid things lately... or do they? Business man's idea are always different than ordinary people's idea. Here an example, many investor's used to thought that iPad was a stupid idea since it's way bigger than an iPhone. But of course Nintendo is a way more different company than Apple, and their promotion for the Wii U is just terrible.

If I there's one thing that I really want to scold Nintendo for, is how Nintendo makes it's business in Taiwan. I am sure that many of you guys think will that Taiwan is not a big market for gaming, well your're wrong to some extent. Taiwan has a solid gaming community and market, not mention it's esports team for LoL. Did I also mention that it was because of Taiwanese, Hong Kong, and Chinese gamers who started the petition of demanding Game Freak to localize Pokemon in Chinese? But Nintendo never really did a good job in Taiwan, they leave Taiwan market in 2014 when they closed NoT, leaving Taiwanese Nintendo fans only Japanese Nintendo imports. Wii was a big hit in Taiwan, and that's it. If you ask any Taiwanese, they will also think that Wii U is just Wii. Even most of my friends think that as well...

I will only scold how Nintendo treated Taiwanese fans, but not company as a whole,yet.

The Wii U is quite possibly one of the worst investments I have ever made in my life. Even after buying it in 2014 when there were plenty of hit titles, I still feel the buyer's remorse from it. Nintendo didn't even try to make this system look like it could hold up on its own. Such an incompetent way to capitalize on a brand most well known as a dust collector. And if this video is accurate when talking about the Wii U's "marketing," which wouldn't be hard to believe, then it just goes to show that there was absolutely no heart put into this thing, and I honestly feel deceived and cheated as a consumer.
Not breaking to you but I don't really so. You can have your own opinion on the Wii U, but hey, my brother bought the MK8 bundle Wii U back in summer 2015. And we had a great time with the console by playing the games we love. Smash Bros, Splatoon, MK8, Mario Maker, FE virtual console games. Even though Wii U doesn't have many library of games compare to other consoles, it's actually good for us cuz that means we don't have to buy that much of games.
I am also tired of my sister scolding my brother saying it's stupid for him to buy a Wii U due to it's lack of sales. Geez, why not I buy PS4? It's because PS4 only have a few game that interests me (Hell, these games only interests me, I haven't even want to buy it.). Why would I buy a console that has only a few games that interests me and it's more expense when I could buy Wii U that has more games I like and cheaper? If you are buying video game consoles just ffrom "Sales wise", you are just going hurt yourself.
And then this happens. Nintendo publicly admits that the Wii U is not their future. Sure, Kimishima said the Wii U would likely cease production by March 2018, which is five years and some change for the system. But does that really count as its true life span? Wii U has had numerous droughts that lasted months, and you can combine that and deduct about two years off the system's "life" cycle. So it's safe to assume Nintendo put no effort in making the system perform better.
Hey, suppose it ends in 2018, 2017, or even this holiday. I still say Wii U has an average life span. And Wii U definitely had lived way longer than Virtual Boy, so those idiots who call Wii U as "Virtual Boy 2.0" should rethink about that.
And life span counts how long the console is still in production, so yeah, it still counts. And at least most of those games are god-like games, the games I can play for months without a new one.
Even the PlayStation Vita of all things is outselling the Wii U! That's how badly Nintendo ****ed up. It's not only the quantity of Nintendo games leaving fans dry, but even the quality in some cases has taken a decline. I don't think I can put anymore faith into this nostalgia-driven company.
Not really, PS Vita only sold like less than 5 million.... ironically, the games on PS Vita, you can already play it on PS3 and PS4...
There are even cases where they are practically neglecting fans' demands and expectations when Nintendo tries to shove "innovation" down our throats at every turn. My expectations for the NX were already very low. Like, VERY very low. But I couldn't even imagine something like their investor meeting could go this horribly. If I end up buying an NX, which I would try to get as cheaply as possible, it would be just for Smash because I want to continue supporting Sakurai and his masterpieces, it's just that he's only making games on Nintendo platforms. **** Nintendo!
Never place your bets that soon. That's all I can say.

I am glad that Sakurai still makes games on Nintendo consoles. They still understand the meaning of "fun", whereas Sony and Microsoft doesn't, who would want a game where many of it's awesome content are only limited on one console and DLC?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone has been testing what amiibo give you specific powers in Kirby: Planet Robobot.

Rosalina gives you...

Ice.

Before anyone makes a "Rosalina = Elsa" joke, this is most likely either a reference to Rosalina's Ice World from Mario Kart 7, or a reference to how she is a Water Element in Puzzles & Dragons: SMB Edition (since they don't have the Water power in Kirby anymore and Ice is the closest thing).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Someone has been testing what amiibo give you specific powers in Kirby: Planet Robobot.

Rosalina gives you...

Ice.

Before anyone makes a "Rosalina = Elsa" joke, this is most likely either a reference to Rosalina's Ice World from Mario Kart 7, or a reference to how she is a Water Element in Puzzles & Dragons: SMB Edition (since they don't have the Water power in Kirby anymore and Ice is the closest thing).
Bah, that once again how my friends in high school calls her... I mean they don't really know her and still call her Elsa...
I was both sad and embarrassed...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Bah, that once again how my friends in high school calls her... I mean they don't really know her and still call her Elsa...
I was both sad and embarrassed...
When I had that birthday cake with Rosalina on it, one of my little cousins (who is a huge Frozen fan) and my aunt thought she was Elsa, lol.

It's understandable in the case of little kids and people in their 40's, since it's just a matter of who they run into first. I've seen some people think Elsa is Rosalina, so it works both ways.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Frankly, the Dreamcast did WAY worse than the Wii U. Before talking trash about Nintendo, remember what happened to Sega and its consoles.
That was what? 2001? This is 2016 now and Nintendo has already proven that they are in fact stupid and doesn't give a damn about what others think. I pretty much agree with everything TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher mentioned.

I sincerely hope the NX will be a failure.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing Nintendo die would be very terrible though, since it would mean one thing to Mario and the other major Nintendo franchises...

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Double Post
I think the discussion that sparked wasn't that big of a deal, c'mon :D
And if you want to listen to some real rap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc1Pymzclsc
I know I said I wasn't coming back here for a while, but to you, sure, it's not "that big of a deal". To me, though, ut kind of says something about myself in a terrible way. This is usually why I only respond to certain forums and not the other, more involing ones.

Seeing Nintendo die would be very terrible though, since it would mean one thing to Mario and the other major Nintendo franchises...

Ever since Miyamoto became less involved with Nintendo back in 2013, it's gotten even worse. He's really not the real problem here.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
When I had that birthday cake with Rosalina on it, one of my little cousins (who is a huge Frozen fan) and my aunt thought she was Elsa, lol.

It's understandable in the case of little kids and people in their 40's, since it's just a matter of who they run into first. I've seen some people think Elsa is Rosalina, so it works both ways.
But my friend are about the same age as me. They're teenagers, they should know better...
That was what? 2001? This is 2016 now and Nintendo has already proven that they are in fact stupid and doesn't give a damn about what others think. I pretty much agree with everything TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher mentioned.
Everyone has their own opinions about Nintendo, but they really flopped out this time. But saying Nintendo is dead is just way over exaggerated, at least before E3.
I sincerely hope the NX will be a failure.
You better take that word back if you want more Smash Bros and third party support.

Again, way too soon to say.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Everyone has their own opinions about Nintendo, but they really flopped out this time. But saying Nintendo is dead is just way over exaggerated, at least before E3.
Nintendo is dead to me and I pity those who are still holding out hope they'll make a comeback. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow did because by then, it'll be too late for me.
You better take that word back if you want more Smash Bros and third party support.
Take that word back my ass. Why should I?

Ashley-andRed

Smash Rookie
Thanks Swifitie!! I probably should quote but my internet is being s*** again. Anyway, here are new screenshots....

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the American badge arcade as an Ultra Smash Rosalina badge, if this is any indication.

I checked the European one and didn't see anything though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario Kart 8 did get some new badges in North America as well. They're basically the character select icons, but at the moment, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, and Lakitu aren't available yet.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Wii U is basically the modern day equivalent of the Sega Saturn minus third party. Some may not know, but for certain third party titles, the Saturn version would occasionally be the better version than the PS1 and/or N64 counterpart, sometimes including exclusive goodies. The two were even killed off metaphorically in similar ways. Two years after the Saturn, then president of Sega of America Bernie Stolar dropped the bombshell that the Saturn was not their future. This infuriated fans and made them lose faith in the company, dooming the Dreamcast early on. When Iwata made the first announcement for mobile, he wanted to reassure everyone that they were still committed to dedicated gaming hardware by announcing the NX code name, rather than saying something like, "Do not worry. Just because we are branching off to mobile does not mean that we will stop developing for dedicated gaming hardware. Alongside mobile, we are still fully committed to supporting our Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platforms." But the way it was delivered gave the impression that it translated to "Wii U is not our future" mere months after Smash Wii U and when the system was only 2 1/2 years old. Sounds an awful lot like history repeating itself. Just saying.

I know it's practically impossible for this to happen, but... I think I'd prefer Nintendo going third party. They are so out of touch with the industry and perhaps their games would sell better on gimmickless hardware.
Not breaking to you but I don't really so. You can have your own opinion on the Wii U, but hey, my brother bought the MK8 bundle Wii U back in summer 2015. And we had a great time with the console by playing the games we love. Smash Bros, Splatoon, MK8, Mario Maker, FE virtual console games. Even though Wii U doesn't have many library of games compare to other consoles, it's actually good for us cuz that means we don't have to buy that much of games.
I am also tired of my sister scolding my brother saying it's stupid for him to buy a Wii U due to it's lack of sales. Geez, why not I buy PS4? It's because PS4 only have a few game that interests me (Hell, these games only interests me, I haven't even want to buy it.). Why would I buy a console that has only a few games that interests me and it's more expense when I could buy Wii U that has more games I like and cheaper? If you are buying video game consoles just ffrom "Sales wise", you are just going hurt yourself.
Admittedly, I kinda exaggerated with my wording for that part. I wasn't implying that I bought a bad product, just that financially, it did not feel like a wise decision to make. It's undeniable that there are quality titles, but the way things were played out left much to be desired. Smash, Mario Kart, Splatoon, etc. are the ***s. The new Zelda will be the ***s. Nintendo's business practices just left such a bitter taste in my mouth.
I think the American badge arcade as an Ultra Smash Rosalina badge, if this is any indication.

Good to see the bunny sharing some of that admiration for Rosalina and her cuteness. Speak the truth, pink cartoon rabbit! There's no way to resist it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I know it's practically impossible for this to happen, but... I think I'd prefer Nintendo going third party. They are so out of touch with the industry and perhaps their games would sell better on gimmickless hardware.
I will only expect that to happen if NX fails.
If Nintendo did become third party, they will restrain to Sony and Microsoft's weird business strategy and might not make games that match their quality.
And frankly to say, the home console market has been going down hill already. So Nintebdo's choice of going mobile was right, at least in Japan market.
Admittedly, I kinda exaggerated with my wording for that part. I wasn't implying that I bought a bad product, just that financially, it did not feel like a wise decision to make. It's undeniable that there are quality titles, but the way things were played out left much to be desired. Smash, Mario Kart, Splatoon, etc. are the ***s. The new Zelda will be the ***s. Nintendo's business practices just left such a bitter taste in my mouth.
Everyone has their own reason for buying Wii U, I really had hope they drop the Wii U's price…
Take that word back my ***. Why should I?
You just might be wrong about the NX when we haven't even seen anything about it.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Pfft. The NX can die for all I care. I'm done buying Nintendo consoles.
Ok, so no Smash Bros NX for you then…
Honest to say, if NX can't support Gamecube controllers for Smash Bros NX and other games thatcan use the controller, I ain't buying that console as well.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ok, so no Smash Bros NX for you then…
Honest to say, if NX can't support Gamecube controllers for Smash Bros NX and other games thatcan use the controller, I ain't buying that console as well.
Who was it that said that we have our right to state our opinions, huh?
And ****, I can just play GameCube games on my Wii...if it was still plugged into my TV and if I had games for it along with an extra set of GameCube controllers.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev

Japan got the Mario Tennis badges a couple of weeks ago, this is what Rosalina's board looks like:

They always make her the trickiest badge to get. Here, she's impossible without at least three turns, it's kind of annoying. You can see what it's like to play on her board in this video here:

You can't hit her down with the claw from the start due to the wall being in the way. Once you remove some of the other badges, tennis balls fall from above, knocking her onto the ice, and she slowly slides from the left if there's space for her. You can attempt to grab her once most of the other badges are gone.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Who was it that said that we have our right to state our opinions, huh?
It's not possible for me to violate your rights to deliver your own opinion, nor trying to change your opinion, but I can still give some two-cents about it.
Just wait and see until the NX is revealed, maybe we'll know something new at that time.
And ****, I can just play GameCube games on my Wii...if it was still plugged into my TV and if I had games for it along with an extra set of GameCube controllers.
But I want to play Smash4... so I'll just go back and play my Wii U...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's not possible for me to violate your rights to deliver your own opinion, nor trying to change your opinion, but I can still give some two-cents about it.
Just wait and see until the NX is revealed, maybe we'll know something new at that time.
That's something I am not looking forward to.
But I want to play Smash4... so I'll just go back and play my Wii U...
Sm4sh will be the one game in the series that will keep me interested for a long time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm silly and apparently never realised the Badge Arcade let's you screen cap you HOME Menu Touch Screen. So here's mine.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I've taken advantage of Rosalina's recent Mario Kart 8 head icon badge to make a really simple Home Menu on my 3DS that I like a lot:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Man, the Rosalina badges come out so slowly in Europe.

I am also paranoid about missing them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We got the chocolate one. I don't know what that other one you mean is though.

Also, you people might like this:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
The Badge Arcade is meh to me, I barely even play on my 3DS. I'm pretty much more interested in future releases and etc. Like NX, Mario & Sonic, and E3.

Here's another epic MMD video:

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
When the Nintendo Badge Arcade came out, I downloaded it, tried it for a day to see how much I can get from it without spending a dime, and then deleted it. Heavily customizing my home menus for my systems just isn't my thing, and the game had such a forceful approach at trying to get me to pay. So it was just a no-go for me.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Whoa! Things sure have changed since I last saw this place! Anyways, what's been going on in the Rosalina social thread? I hope I haven't missed out much! (I probably have though, it's been like 10 months lol). By the way, I'm guessing there's a new social thread cuz the other one probably reached max posts or something.

Thanks Swifitie!! I probably should quote but my internet is being s*** again. Anyway, here are new screenshots....

Wow that is amazing! Absolutely beautiful Rosalina mod on Mario Sports Mix. I'm surprised the slot didn't go over White Mage (since it seems fitting).

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Whoa! Things sure have changed since I last saw this place! Anyways, what's been going on in the Rosalina social thread? I hope I haven't missed out much! (I probably have though, it's been like 10 months lol). By the way, I'm guessing there's a new social thread cuz the other one probably reached max posts or something.

Wow that is amazing! Absolutely beautiful Rosalina mod on Mario Sports Mix. I'm surprised the slot didn't go over White Mage (since it seems fitting).
Welcome back Shirma! Yeah, about the previous thread, let's just say there was some... controversy during its last couple days. Sadly it closed for good before it reached 400 pages, but maybe we can get further in this one. As for all things Rosalina, she's been doing great as always. She has fantastic new outfits being her tennis and gymnastics ones, and she's just being awesome as always. Nintendo on the other hand is kinda in a rough spot now. Lots of mixed emotions going around recently. But hey, at least they haven't stooped to Konami's level.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well I'll be damned. Never thought I would hear from you again. How are you doing?
Welcome back Shirma! Yeah, about the previous thread, let's just say there was some... controversy during its last couple days. Sadly it closed for good before it reached 400 pages, but maybe we can get further in this one. As for all things Rosalina, she's been doing great as always. She has fantastic new outfits being her tennis and gymnastics ones, and she's just being awesome as always. Nintendo on the other hand is kinda in a rough spot now. Lots of mixed emotions going around recently. But hey, at least they haven't stooped to Konami's level.
We definitely would've gotten to 400 pages in the old thread by now until a certain someone ruined it. :/

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : Nice to see that you're still around. Things have gotten out of hand at the last social thread, and it was supposed to be my responsibility to keep those things from happening. Unfortunately, the events did play a factor in my demotion from the moderator position, because I lacked the proper traits that a moderator is supposed to have, especially against repeat offenders.

Tino Tino : Can you just drop the subject already? I'm not a moderator anymore, so let's just move forward.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Ah, I see. Rosalina doing great as always, but Nintendo has been having some tough times lately from what I've heard. I think it's because of the NX and the new Zelda game being released in 2017, IIRC. One thing I'm sure of is that they could never reach Konami's level, and I'm sure Nintendo knows what their doing (I hope).

Well I'll be damned. Never thought I would hear from you again. How are you doing?
I'm doing pretty well (for once). Things aren't as serious as they were in the past, so the family household has been doing better. I haven't been kicked out, but they want me to find my own place to live, so I'm gonna try to find my own place to live. Oh, and I got a new job. So pretty great so far! :) By the way, it's great to see you again.

Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : Nice to see that you're still around. Things have gotten out of hand at the last social thread, and it was supposed to be my responsibility to keep those things from happening. Unfortunately, the events did play a factor in my demotion from the moderator position, because I lacked the proper traits that a moderator is supposed to have, especially against repeat offenders.
Well it's unfortunate about the events that transpired... Regardless of what happened, I hope things will still be great in this new thread. Besides, I'm happy to be back and to see familiar faces again. ^w^ By the way, what's that red explosion symbol below the characters you main? I've never seen that before. Does it represent that you used to be a moderator?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well it's unfortunate about the events that transpired... Regardless of what happened, I hope things will still be great in this new thread. Besides, I'm happy to be back and to see familiar faces again. ^w^ By the way, what's that red explosion symbol below the characters you main? I've never seen that before. Does it represent that you used to be a moderator?
That appears to be the case, as I've seen that icon on some other former moderators as well.

Top Bottom