• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
The main problem that I've had with Petey Piranha was how big his head is, which can be a problem if you're trying to see what's ahead. Anyway, in terms of new gimmicks, I really don't know what else can be implemented onto the series. I do know that Mario Kart DS didn't offer any new gimmicks outside of the pointless Items stat.

You're referring to the Shooting Star, right? It can be rather disturbing how North America and the PAL regions sometimes use completely different names for their contents.
I was not at all a fan of that DS item system. Also with regard to gimmicks, I am speaking about any element in the game I guess. Because I like making lists, I'll mention new elements each game brought:
SMK: First
MK64: Courses have differences in the Y axis now (3D).
MK SC: First to reuse courses?
MKDD: 2 character gameplay, online via LAN, unlock able characters/content, character specific kart designs.
MKDS: Retro course system, mission mode, revamped battle system, 3 unique cars per character, traditional online standards, ranking?
MKWii: Karts v Bikes, several unique cars per weight class, trick system
MK7: Customizable kart system, marathon courses, gliding/underwater racing
MK8: anti-gravity, DLC, MKTV

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do know that Mario Kart Wii used a size class system, instead of the typical weight class system that the other Mario Karts are known for.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
You just have to love the scenery in these Kart Games. Especially Peach's castle in royal raceway. I wish Nintendo would add in a game where you can freely explore the open world as any characters from any camera angle you'd want. It could be like Zelda U, except Mario style. Fron Rosalina's Observatory among other galaxies to the tropical places of Delfino island. I can imagine seeing Rosalina and Toadsworth conversing.

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
Well look who showed up!
I'm PeachGirl, a dual Peach and (as of today) Rosalina and Luma main. For some reason I seem to like the princesses in this game, which is kinda funny seeing as I'm a tomboy in real life. I picked up RosaLuma (I think that's the nickname) as a backup plan but ended up liking her so much I am now dual maiming her and Peach. She is Peaches polar opposite in playstyle but it works for me for some reason. Also, the range and stage control with Luma is nuts! Makes me suddenly realize what I was missing with Peach! I'm looking forward to learning more about Rosalina and Luma in the future.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well look who showed up!
I'm PeachGirl, a dual Peach and (as of today) Rosalina and Luma main. For some reason I seem to like the princesses in this game, which is kinda funny seeing as I'm a tomboy in real life. I picked up RosaLuma (I think that's the nickname) as a backup plan but ended up liking her so much I am now dual maiming her and Peach. She is Peaches polar opposite in playstyle but it works for me for some reason. Also, the range and stage control with Luma is nuts! Makes me suddenly realize what I was missing with Peach! I'm looking forward to learning more about Rosalina and Luma in the future.
Then you're not gonna like Rosalina much when you find out she's not a princess. :V

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Well look who showed up!
Rosalina ain't a princess, like what Irish Rosa guy said, she's much better than a Princess. She happens to be a celestial mother, the woman who has a passion for the stars in the cosmos. She usually goes by "Keeper/Watcher of the stars" or "Guardian of the cosmos", you get the idea.
Then you're not gonna like Rosalina much when you find out she's not a princess. :V
There is still a possibity she is a Princess, but it is very small as a poppy seed. For one, we don't know much about Rosalina's family, considering that they happen to have a castle in the background by the hill, like some say it's Peach's.

Kudos to this guy.
http://killroy231.deviantart.com/art/Rosalina-Olympics-600907392

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina ain't a princess, like what Irish Rosa guy said, she's much better than a Princess. She happens to be a celestial mother, the woman who has a passion for the stars in the cosmos. She usually goes by "Keeper/Watcher of the stars" or "Guardian of the cosmos", you get the idea.

There is still a possibity she is a Princess, but it is very small as a poppy seed. For one, we don't know much about Rosalina's family, considering that they happen to have a castle in the background by the hill, whike some say it's Peach's.

Kudos to this guy.
http://killroy231.deviantart.com/art/Rosalina-Olympics-600907392
The logic for saying Rosalina is a princess is about as scarce as trying to say Mario might be a princess.

She could only be a princess in a very figurative sense. Some people use the word "princess" for affection, so one could say she's "the Princess of the Lumas" in that way because the Lumas love her so much, but even then, that term has never actually been used and the Lumas clearly just view her as their mother outright, and prefer to call her "Mama".

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
The logic for saying Rosalina is a princess is about as scarce as trying to say Mario might be a princess.

She could only be a princess in a very figurative sense. Some people use the word "princess" for affection, so one could say she's "the Princess of the Lumas" in that way because the Lumas love her so much, but even then, that term has never actually been used and the Lumas clearly just view her as their mother outright, and prefer to call her "Mama".
I agree, it's the possibility percentage of Rosalina being a Princess is 0.1%. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but you're right. Rosalina was nicknamed "Lady of the Shooting Stars" which doesn't mean she's a Princess. It's a bit ironic how that now I realize Rosalina talks like she's royalty but Daisy talks more casual than Rosalina does.

EDIT: WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO POST PICS ON PHONE AND TABLETS!?!!?! Ugh... Here's a link instead.
http://liliwalt.deviantart.com/art/Rosalina-and-Luma-601598859

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I agree, it's the possibility percentage of Rosalina being a Princess is 0.1%. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but you're right. Rosalina was nicknamed "Lady of the Shooting Stars" which doesn't mean she's a Princess. It's a bit ironic how that now I realize Rosalina talks like she's royalty but Daisy talks more casual than Rosalina does.

EDIT: Oh my... This leaves me speechless...
As far as I'm concerned, it's been almost ten years since the character's inception and aside from some mistakes/liberties taken by Western marketing teams on one or two occasions, Rosalina has never been called a princess. It's as simple as that for.

Also, your image is broken.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
As far as I'm concerned, it's been almost ten years since the character's inception and aside from some mistakes/liberties taken by Western marketing teams on one or two occasions, Rosalina has never been called a princess. It's as simple as that for.

Also, your image is broken.
Blame my silly phone and the tablet that I borrowed. It seems very difficult on how to post images on thoose devices, so I posted a link instead.

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
I always thought she was a princess :D. Doesn't change how much I like her though, she is probably the most unique fighter in the game and I love unique fighters. I've always wondered why if she is the mother and protecter of the Lumas, why she flings them around like projectiles and uses them as a sheild in a way? Maybe she is doing it with the Luma's permission?

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I always thought she was a princess :D. Doesn't change how much I like her though, she is probably the most unique fighter in the game and I love unique fighters. I've always wondered why if she is the mother and protecter of the Lumas, why she flings them around like projectiles and uses them as a sheild in a way? Maybe she is doing it with the Luma's permission?
Well, it depends on how you play RosaLuma. You can whether be protective of your Lumas or you can abuse them by using them to take hits. In the Rosalina trailer, she was seen being motherly to the Luma. Of course, I'd want to keep my Luma safe while inflicting damages on my enemies.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Palutena's Guidance for Rosalina states that the Lumas fight for Rosalina of their own free will. Rosalina isn't controlling them either. Them moving in sync is mostly just them literally being synchronised well. They also state that in the Guidance, but you can tell since Luma can still attack in most situations where Rosalina cannot.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I find that the Lumas choose to help Rosalina, especially when they're old enough to fend for themselves. Some people do take this kind of behavior the wrong way though.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
The synchronicity between Rosalina and her Lumas in Smash, the way I see it, is meant to show the powerful bond between them as mother and child. They're both in this together using the strength of their bonds as a source of their power to triumph in battle with the strength of their love. You can never underestimate the bonding that a parent builds with their children. It's a beautiful sight to see, and Rosalina and Luma express this type of bond by how in sync they are with one another. Rosalina doesn't exactly control all of Lumas moves with the power of her wand, but rather use it as guidance for her little sweetheart to help pummel the enemy into starbits. The sacrifice of the Lumas symbolizes their trust in Rosalina that they will always be together in all parts of their cycle from when they become stardust to their rebirth, and Rosalina will always be there with them. They willingly go through their goals together, and they are much happier being able to do it together.
http://www.seraphinae.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/1387495962513.gif (how do I insert gifs? >_<)

Smash is just another representation of how Rosalina and Luma are ever loving characters with inseparable bonds.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
^Well said, bravo. I still think that if a player keep using Rosalina to launch Luma off the stage wouldn't consider the relationship to be mother and child, or rather just blatant cruelty. Anyone can do anything they want with their Lumas, and I'd prefer to keep them safe while handing damages to my opponent.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Hey, everyone...

...Why'd you make a new thre-

(reads comments from last thread)

O_o

...O-Oh... I see now. People get so offended over anything, I swear.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey, everyone...

O_o

When was the last time you visit Rosalina thread?
Yeah, it was kind of ridiculous as well. You will also notice that Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy is no longer a mod.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Hi guys, I've just returned from two really good intensive Smash days with my friends. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I noticed I have serious troubles against Marth. His aerial strings make me feel so helpless and in general he is really difficult to approach, he has also a godlike sidestep. Some advice would be nice, thanks :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hey, everyone...

O_o

Things pretty much got way out of hand at the old thread, so my intention was to make a new social thread with stricter rules. However, my inability to handle certain reports correctly resulted in my demotion back to a normal user, and as such, I am no longer responsible for keeping this thread in order; GwJ is the new moderator here.

Hi guys, I've just returned from two really good intensive Smash days with my friends. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I noticed I have serious troubles against Marth. His aerial strings make me feel so helpless and in general he is really difficult to approach, he has also a godlike sidestep. Some advice would be nice, thanks :)
Here's the thread link for the Rosalina vs. Marth match-up, if that's what you're looking for.

http://smashboards.com/threads/410743/

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
upload_2016-4-10_20-32-19.png
I don't really know why I did this but I wanted to do it. That's useless and ugly ahah.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
When was the last time you visit Rosalina thread?
Yeah, it was kind of ridiculous as well. You will also notice that Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy is no longer a mod.
A month ago. I'm not that active here in Smashboards, so there's your answer. But, honestly, do we really need this kind of drama here? I'd expect that from the stupid Debate Hall bull****, but I feel like people these days... It kind of infuriates me, really!

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I don't really know why I did this but I wanted to do it. That's useless and ugly ahah.
Princess Sprixie is tutoring Rosalina on how to be a Sprixie! First step is to float at a high elevation. Peach is jealous tho, cos she can't levitate like Rosalina.

I feel like getting into the SFM business using a Rosalina model, whether it's 3D World or Galaxy.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A month ago. I'm not that active here in Smashboards, so there's your answer. But, honestly, do we really need this kind of drama here? I'd expect that from the stupid Debate Hall bull****, but I feel like people these days... It kind of infuriates me, really!
Nope, just kind of weird it had drama.

Top Bottom