• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I'mma sound paranoid, but the leaker could be someone hyping us with a fake image to try and get us to page 2000. Carry on fellas.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
well to be fair I doubted the picture of Dr. Mario and Duck hunt dog when I first saw the leak because they looked so out of place to me. now when I see this Ridley photo, the 2d(ish) photo rubs me the wrong way but perhaps its just an illusion to our eyes. but who knows? Photoshop has crushed our dreams before.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Meaning he has even less credibility. He's a random.

It's been posted like three times on this page already >.>

Seems like pain in the ass to switch kirby to second place when Junior would work fine, if you ask me. Besides, it looks like it's from a different angle

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
But this guy didn't do anything like that
This image looks seriously believable, and no one has found it's source as of yet. It may look similar to the statue, but it's 2D and has different features to it. o.o
Which is exactly why the image is fake, considering every character's icon is from a 3D render.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Seems like pain in the *** to switch kirby to second place when Junior would work fine, if you ask me. Besides, it looks like it's from a different angle
Doesn't seem that hard to me, especially for someone with a little photoshop experience. And the pic can easily change angles, just display it on a screen and snap it again. The Ridley one is slightly worse quality, giving room for that.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Guys, please.

Don't tell me you're falling for that? Didn't you not heed @ IsmaR IsmaR 's warnings of fake leaks? Good Lord :facepalm:

It looks likes fanart. In fact, it seems pretty familiar and I've probably seen it before but am too lazy to snoop for it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ignore it.

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Now there are 100+ people viewing the thread, holy **** this one image is going to travel all across the internet and have a **** ton of speculation to be caused.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman

Someone is actually trying. Now on the case of this leaked photo while it may look nice and pretty believable, I'm going to say its fake due to the person that is posting this, his/her join date, it doesn't seem to have that essence of Smash4, and this seems edited from the previous leak, I will continue to believe its fake until proven otherwise.
I think the date he/she joined in doesn't matter, if it was for only this purpose, it could be any of these days or weeks ago, it just happened to be today.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
the leak ridley pic kinda looks like a really well 2d drawn picture when compared to the kirby model next to him. :/ but even if it looks like the statue pic that was shown here, people can use the same models from previous thigns and remake them (the sunshine mario pose is similar to sm4sh marios icon pose). so for now we should be skeptical about this

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm not trying to kill the hype guys, or tell you that Ridley isn't in. The fact that he hasn't been killed off this close to release is pretty amazing to me, and gives me some hope. I'm just trying to quell the ignorance that this thread can be known for sometimes. Please please please be a skeptic, question things you haven't confirmed with your own eyes, and avoid the mob mentality. I know it's stressful, but we're at the end of the race here guys, lets tough it out.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm convinced the "leaker" purposely planted that image here so we'd freak out and end up getting the thread killed before its time. Knock it off guys.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
We, as a group of people on this thread, have spent countless hours analyzing things for pure fact. Please don't tell me your gonna go against this now with the sketchiest looking thing ever. Don't disappoint Riddles. :142:

D

Deleted member

Ridley's body is phazing out into nothingness in this leak. I'm not buying it.

I do appreciate the effort however. Nice visual edit and work.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
So first off, this guy's credentials are wack. He's obviously a troll trying to make us overload on posts, otherwise he'd post it where it would get more attention. Since when was "I'm friends with the leaker" a more valid claim than "I have a friend who works at Nintendo"? We never paid any notice to those guys. C'mon people. He's almost definitely an alt for some other troll.

As for the validity of the picture, the art style is completely off and 2D. While it's a good picture, it looks hideously bad next to Kirby. PLUS it's the wrong Ridley.

The biggest evidence against it is how much is cropped out. It's obvious that it's a screenshot of the CSS (the bottom screen, anyway). If you want us to believe it, show us just how Ridley fits into the CSS with everyone else. You can't, can you? So you whipped up this ridiculous little snippet.

Have some self-control, guys ._. We should be better than this.

Edit: Ugh, I shouldn't have even posted this, everyone else is on crowd control duty already :P

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I think the date he/she joined in doesn't matter, if it was for only this purpose, it could be any of these days or weeks ago, it just happened to be today.
Well it does really matter in my honest opinion, the fact this person just joined today and this is his/her first post and is CLAIMING to know the leaker does raise an eyebrow, this little detail is quite questionable.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The biggest evidence against it is how much is cropped out. It's obvious that it's a screenshot of the CSS (the bottom screen, anyway). If you want us to believe it, show us just how Ridley fits into the CSS with everyone else. You can't, can you? So you whipped up this ridiculous little snippet.

This, can't believe I missed it. if the CSS is unchanged from the other leak, but if Ridley's unlocked it woulda had to have changed, and drastically to move the Metroid franchise around because there wasn't room on that row for a third rep. 100% fake.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I wouldn't pay too much attention to that Ridley leak myself. Just keep calm and Ridley on fellow Space Pirates.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
This, can't believe I missed it. if the CSS is unchanged from the other leak, but if Ridley's unlocked it woulda had to have changed, and drastically to move the Metroid franchise around because there wasn't room on that row for a third rep. 100% fake.

...wait, not saying your wrong, but I'm not seeing the CSS....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Let's be honest, if they post it anywhere else they'll be crucified, real or fake.
Then yes, it is not safe because it will be called fake even if it is actually real because its RIDLEY.
Does anyone at least wants THIS design to be used even if it is impossible? I want. If he has Roidley's long claws of course.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Meaning he has even less credibility. He's a random.

It's been posted like three times on this page already >.>

I was talking about a different 4chan post that he believed was real idk why that mentioned ridley and doc mario giving him a pill to shrink him.

And for the pic, photoshop. It's magic.
If photoshop is magic, then we can start doubting again about Dr. Mario

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If photoshop is magic, then we can start doubting again about Dr. Mario
There's a big difference between Mario, who has a million source images and one accepted model, and Ridley, who has much, much less source images, and we still don't know how his model is going to look. Finding something that similar should give big warning lights.

...wait, not saying your wrong, but I'm not seeing the CSS....
I'm saying the CSS would have had to changed drastically, so this guy left it out of the picture purposefully, because he couldn't handle it

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
There's a big difference between Mario, who has a million source images and one accepted model, and Ridley, who has much, much less source images, and we still don't know how his model is going to look. Finding something that similar should give big warning lights.

I'm saying the CSS would have had to changed drastically, so this guy left it out of the picture purposefully, because he couldn't handle it
...there's always the possibility that he wanted to give us a close-up so we could have a better look-see at him....

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Yea it was a nice try, but considering how the art looks different compared to the rest of the roster it's an obvious fake.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
...there's always the possibility that he wanted to give us a close-up so we could have a better look-see at him....
Mmhmm. Convenient. Tell me that doesn't sound a bit off, even to you.

I hate being the killjoy here guys, but this leak really does scream fake, on multiple counts. I would love to be wrong, I mean look how beautiful that model is. I will be more than happy to eat my words if I am. But stop a moment and consider the facts objectively, and then ask yourself if this is actually feasible. If you said yes, then you did something wrong.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
At least the Kirby pic is different from the CSS leak. The black line above Kirby isn't thick here.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
So first off, this guy's credentials are wack. He's obviously a troll trying to make us overload on posts, otherwise he'd post it where it would get more attention. Since when was "I'm friends with the leaker" a more valid claim than "I have a friend who works at Nintendo"? We never paid any notice to those guys. C'mon people. He's almost definitely an alt for some other troll.

As for the validity of the picture, the art style is completely off and 2D. While it's a good picture, it looks hideously bad next to Kirby. PLUS it's the wrong Ridley.

Edit: Ugh, I shouldn't have even posted this, everyone else is on crowd control duty already :p
So if someone says "hi" and not "hello" it makes something fake....nice logic there, i will stay with other details that might really disconfirm it, but not this "reason". Also, many pictures of the leaks we have seen already are cropped in different ways, so i'm not gonna disconfirm it for that reason either. Also.... This person only shared the picture for us .....why should he explain everything you need to know? not every leak so far has gave us enough reasons to believe the leaks 100%. It's not a different situation this time.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
It's not even the wrong Ridley. The shadow this far only has Roidleys tail and feet, most likely wings too, his head and such belongs to pre-Other M Ridley.

This is still probably fake though.

I just want to believe.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i think we should all not even talk it about.if it's real it's real.if it's fake it's fake but for now how about we talk about something new like color or something

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
That leak, it seems fishy. I don't buy it.

But at very least this "leaker" is trying harder than others.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mmhmm. Convenient. Tell me that doesn't sound a bit off, even to you.

I hate being the killjoy here guys, but this leak really does scream fake, on multiple counts. I would love to be wrong, I mean look how beautiful that model is. I will be more than happy to eat my words if I am. But stop a moment and consider the facts objectively, and then ask yourself if this is actually feasible. If you said yes, then you did something wrong.
I think it is possible, but I'll admit its very hard to believe anything regarding Ridley now-a-days.

Yea it was a nice try, but considering how the art looks different compared to the rest of the roster it's an obvious fake.
Well this IS Ridley, he shouldn't look cartoonish or anything... I think he looks just fine for what he is to the Metroid series.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I'll just say that I want that to be Ridley's head. I doubt that it's real, but that's a huge improvement over Roidly's duck-bill.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'm not trying to kill the hype guys, or tell you that Ridley isn't in. The fact that he hasn't been killed off this close to release is pretty amazing to me, and gives me some hope. I'm just trying to quell the ignorance that this thread can be known for sometimes. Please please please be a skeptic, question things you haven't confirmed with your own eyes, and avoid the mob mentality. I know it's stressful, but we're at the end of the race here guys, lets tough it out.
You know... time's been flying by so quick, I totally forgot that we haven't seen anything about Pryosphere, or Ridley's shadow, until now. Such a long period of time to go without talking about it. My only worry is that worst will come to worst, and we'll be left in the dark when SSB3DS comes out since Pryosphere is a Wii U exclusive stage (assuming the leaked roster is the final roster). Then I'll start to worry.

But for now, just a week left... I'm personally waiting till hackers get their hands on the game and bust it open to see what's inside, like they did with Pokemon X & Y.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Guys, I'm a friend of the ESRB guy you all know (the one that gave you previously the leaked screens about the character roster with Duck hunt dog, Dark pit, Dr. Mario, etc.). For obvious reasons he won't do it himself (he already got in trouble for leaking all that stuff in the end…), so he sent me this picture for you all, I hope you enjoy it. This is the last one you will get, so don't ask about anything more please. Peace.
I'm surprised on how it looks! Can someone Google this image for me?

Top Bottom