• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
tha

that statue looks ugly as hell and nothing like the screenshot, altho the pose is very similar but hell it looks way different in many small details
Photoshop can do wonders, dude, and its obvious he just erased, and accentuated certain details. But they are the same, due to having the same basic structure.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
This is one of the best renders of Ridley i ever saw, but it is fake and replaces Bowser (i think) from actual leak. Could someone show full render? I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT! Or full image if it is not a render.
I thought the exact same thing so it was the first thing I looked up.

Notice it's a different angle and that Kirby is on the far left instead. Not saying it makes it any more real.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I saw this too, but look close - the shape of the eye, teeth and jaw are a bit different. It's a different image.
However, that doesn't mean that the image wasn't altered. The fact that the pose is almost exactly the same, I'm betting it's fake.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Photoshop can do wonders, dude, and its obvious he just erased, and accentuated certain details. But they are the same, due to having the same basic structure.
Meh you could say the same about the doctor mario one...... you can say they edited him a bit and call it fake too. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
GOOD NEWS
a.pomf.se/dgthdo.webm
In this video you can see that Purple Charizard is just :142:
And that Dark Emperor only roars like he does in Find Mii
during the end i noticed how long charizard is with his tail extended out. of course it does curl over to his side. but i wonder how long ridleys tail (full extended out like charizards, perhaps done by using a T model thingy) would be in the game

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
You know every time I visit this thread, I have this song playing:

I think that might end up being my "Ridley is confirmed" song, or it's gonna be this one:

And here are our "Ridley is disconformed" songs, you know just in case..

Brought to you by Sakurai

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I thought the exact same thing so it was the first thing I looked up.

Notice it's a different angle and that Kirby is on the far left instead. Not saying it makes it any more real.
So because kirby is in the Ridley picture as well means it's a fake? doesn't smell like a good reason to me.... I'm just gonna wait and see if someone actually finds the source of the render

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Guys, I'm a friend of the ESRB guy you all know (the one that gave you previously the leaked screens about the character roster with Duck hunt dog, Dark pit, Dr. Mario, etc.). For obvious reasons he won't do it himself (he already got in trouble for leaking all that stuff in the end…), so he sent me this picture for you all, I hope you enjoy it. This is the last one you will get, so don't ask about anything more please. Peace.
COULD THIS SERIOUSLY BE IT!?!?!?!?! O.O

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The only things similar i found are part of that real ESBR (is it ESBR or ESRB or what?) leak. And something completly unrelated. It has been posted only here, so, it is even more suspicious.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
So because kirby is in the Ridley picture as well means it's a fake? doesn't smell like a good reason to me.... I'm just gonna wait and see if someone actually finds the source of the render
Not what I meant. Someone said that they think they just took Bowser out and put Ridley in his spot but my point was Kirby moved too so that isn't the case but the leak is still probably fake for other reasons.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
The only things similar i found are part of that real ESBR (is it ESBR or ESRB or what?) leak. And something completly unrelated. It has been posted only here, so, it is even more suspicious.
Let's be honest, if they post it anywhere else they'll be crucified, real or fake.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Guys, I'm a friend of the ESRB guy you all know (the one that gave you previously the leaked screens about the character roster with Duck hunt dog, Dark pit, Dr. Mario, etc.). For obvious reasons he won't do it himself (he already got in trouble for leaking all that stuff in the end…), so he sent me this picture for you all, I hope you enjoy it. This is the last one you will get, so don't ask about anything more please. Peace.
Looks kinda fake. :ohwell:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
With the abundance of trolling we got a few days ago, it really shows that the Detractors are out for blood now. From idiotic claims why Ridley can only be a stage boss, now to fake leaks (two just today), the Ridley thread is gonna be under fire for a long time until the 3DS JP release comes out. This is going to be one hell of a ride, guys. So...

:4myfriends: - Prepare yourselves.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Guys, you're going about this the wrong way.

The first question is: Did this come from Sakurai himself? If not, take it with a few hundred trucks full of salt.
The second question is determining its validity.

The third is: Does it matter? We've got less than a week anyway!

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Unless some one can bring that same image with Bowser in Ridley's place and kirby there too, I don't think it should be called a fake.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wait...has it been disconfirmed?? It looks seriously believable.
1. Not the same art style as rest of the game
2. Statue with a very similar pose, could easily be the source
3. Pic was only posted here, not on 4chan like the other ones from the same guy
4. Level 5 Kirby cpu again, just like a different pic

I'm not saying Ridley's not in. I'm saying don't believe leaks without video evidence. Convincing gameplay video evidence.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman

Someone is actually trying. Now on the case of this leaked photo while it may look nice and pretty believable, I'm going to say its fake due to the person that is posting this, his/her join date, it doesn't seem to have that essence of Smash4, and this seems edited from the previous leak, I will continue to believe its fake until proven otherwise.

Last edited:

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
That statue really doesn't look like the leak at all, but I still think it's fake, mainly because of the sheer difference in art style - it just doesn't look like a Smash render. Still, despite everything, I'm hopeful - maybe foolishly, but we'll see.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Wait...has it been disconfirmed?? It looks seriously believable.
I honestly don't read any good reason yet, maybe only that he looks not very "smash" but rest of reasons sound vague to me for disconfirming it yet

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace

I'm not saying Ridley's not in. I'm saying don't believe leaks without video evidence. Convincing gameplay video evidence.
Can you post this "different picture" please?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

But this isn't the same guy.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That means it was Fake Trailer?
It means people can post whatever they want on the internet. They can lie with no consequences. And lying to upset a whole bunch of people can be hilarious.

If there's no source, don't believe it. I could go make a 4chan account and post random crap about a Ridley/Falco trailer in space. Wouldn't make it real.

Plus, if you see anyone mention Ridley's size in a trailer, like "Ridley slims down" or something, I guarantee you its false.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It means people can post whatever they want on the internet. They can lie with no consequences. And lying to upset a whole bunch of people can be hilarious.

If there's no source, don't believe it. I could go make a 4chan account and post random crap about a Ridley/Falco trailer in space. Wouldn't make it real.

Plus, if you see anyone mention Ridley's size in a trailer, like "Ridley slims down" or something, I guarantee you its false.
But this guy didn't do anything like that
This image looks seriously believable, and no one has found it's source as of yet. It may look similar to the statue, but it's 2D and has different features to it. o.o

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But this isn't the same guy.
Meaning he has even less credibility. He's a random.

Can you post this "different picture" please?
It's been posted like three times on this page already >.>

But this guy didn't do anything like that
This image looks seriously believable, and no one has found it's source as of yet. It may look similar to the statue, but it's 2D and has different features to it. o.o
I was talking about a different 4chan post that he believed was real idk why that mentioned ridley and doc mario giving him a pill to shrink him.

And for the pic, photoshop. It's magic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom