• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zynux

Smash Lord
I just knew someone was going to post the IMDB thing :facepalm: I hope no one takes it into serious consideration.

Also, the game isn't leaking...yet.

I want to get something straight: did the roster layout deal a huge blow to Ridley's chances? Because I'm getting the implication from some people that he cannot fit in because of the way it's set up. They think that it would mess up the roster and force drastic changes to it.

Is there some merit to this argument, or has it been proven wrong here?
Again, it's difficult for me to get into the specifics of it, but it's possible that it's the case.

I'll just say this: there is merit to it, nor is it baseless, considering what we've seen from all 3 CSS (including the leak). The CSS is structured in a very specific way that makes it very difficult for extra characters to be in this game.

It's not confirmed or set in stone, but it is something to consider.

It's all everyone argues about in the Leak Group :urg:

So, uh, how many of you aren't going to get the game if Ridley isn't playable?

Just curious. :chuckle:
A very good chance I might no be getting the game regardless, as other games have piqued my interest more (like dat new Bayonetta and Shantae). I didn't buy Brawl until 6 years after it's release, and that was only for Project M (I had enough exposure with it to disregard it, honestly). At the very least, I might get the Wii U version, but we'll see on that. I generally wait a good while before buying a game.

In all honesty, I'm just here to see history being made (if Ridley gets in) or the fallout that will occur (if Ridley doesn't get in). However, I really want Ridley to get in.

Ridley or no Ridley, This still is going to be the best game ever.
Odd. How do you know it's going to be the best game ever if the game isn't even out yet...:denzel:?

Regardless of my nitpicking and some of the design choices in this game, which I won't get into since it will start a war, Smash 4 will (probably) be a pretty Solid game regardless of Ridley or no Ridley. Ridley won't effect the mechanics or gameplay of this game, so he won't effect that part of the game. No Ridley will definitely hurt the fanservice provided in this game for some fans, that's for sure, but not the core game.

Well...in the original game, Ridley is some kind of Chozo God I believe.
I don't recall, the only thing the Original Game asserted was that he was the Original Native to Zebes. I could be wrong though.

Just a pet peeve of mine, but I hate it when people lump the Super Metroid design with the Brawl one. Though the latter was based on the former, there were still aesthetic differences between the two and I mostly dislike the changes/alterations that the Brawl design made to the Super Metroid one, if ya get my drift. When you compare a picture of the Brawl design to the Super Metroid render or especially Super's in-game sprite, they look plenty different.
Agreed. Brawl's design and Super Metroid's is night and day to me; I love the Super Metroid design but I detest Brawl's (moreso then Other M's). Worse, it gives ammo to detractors when they say "See! He doesn't look right shrunken down!"

Well yeah, since IMO Brawley doesn't look right no matter the size [/shots fired]

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys I found a leaked screenshot from PAX!

I'll say I'm sorry but just know I don't mean it.

Pretty hype right?
That looks a little too realistic. You sure that's not for the new Metroid game? Because it's impressive.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone watched this yet? I've never noticed that Pikachu got grabbed by Ridley which then he breaks free. What do you guys think of his Video?

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Has anyone watched this yet? I've never noticed that Pikachu got grabbed by Ridley which then he breaks free. What do you guys think of his Video?
I noticed it, but I didn't notice where Pikachu's shadow went afterwards. Neat find.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We've talked about it in the past many times. Ridley doesn't grab Pikachu, that's Ridley's leg in front of his tail.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I saw this video recently, but all the stuff he says was discussed to death ~1000 pages ago.
Oh didn't know sorry, but I guess it was a good idea to post this again for those who haven't noticed yet. I sure as hell didn't notice that and I haven't read this whole thread and I don't think i'm willing to read back xD

We've talked about it in the past many times. Ridley doesn't grab Pikachu, that's Ridley's leg in front of his tail.
That doesn't look like his leg, what? o.o

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh didn't know sorry, but I guess it was a good idea to post this again for those who haven't noticed yet. I sure as hell didn't notice that and I haven't read this whole thread and I don't think i'm willing to read back xD
No, it's totally cool. I don't expect people who joined this year to go back an read the entire thread, that'd be crazy. Just letting you know that it has been discussed many times, and this guy doesn't say anything or consider anything new per se.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering about the Pikachu thing. Someone on the leak thread had mentioned Ridley grabbing Pikachu the other day, and that was the first I'd heard of it. Glad to hear it's nothing at all.

Also, the guy in the video's hairdo is too big

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

I actually found out of pikachu's shadow in there a long time ago, and I posted a picture of it along with a whole theory proving he was playable with it on kym, and I got downvoted to oblivion.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I love how this Pikachu thing is going way out of hand. What if the Ridley boss just grabs characters?

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I actually found out of pikachu's shadow in there a long time ago, and I posted a picture of it along with a whole theory proving he was playable with it on kym, and I got downvoted to oblivion.

Not sure how people would disprove this theory because that shadow looks exactly like Pikachu, no doubt about it.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I love how this Pikachu thing is going way out of hand. What if the Ridley boss just grabs characters?
Bosses don't grab like that. And when a boss dose grab a character, they attack almost immediately after. Ridley dosn't attack at all, and Pikachu escapes at the end. Only playable characters can grab other characters and let them escape like that.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
No, it's totally cool. I don't expect people who joined this year to go back an read the entire thread, that'd be crazy. Just letting you know that it has been discussed many times, and this guy doesn't say anything or consider anything new per se.
I think even this thread has been having a hard time finding new facts lately, but the best thing this video is doing is potentially reducing the number of toobigots, or exposing more people to the possibility he could be in.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
So today I was talking about the rumored characters of leak to some people. When I mentioned Ridley, one of them got extremely mad. I just said "Why? Ridley is one of the most requested characters." This made him even more mad, even when I started showing him poll results that list Ridley in the top five, he still denied everything.

After that I just left.
The crowd also said mewtwo was not going to happen because lucario was announced so I should not have expected any better.

This kinda behavior annoys me. To be honest, I did not have any personal connections to ridley before SSB4 speculation. I just thought The arguments against Ridley were unfathomably stupid. Even if Ridley does not make the cut, every single argument against Ridley(excluding stage hazard related arguments.) will still hold no weight in my book. So honestly the main reason I support ridley more then any other unconfirmed character right now, is not because I love Ridley as a character. It is because I really want to these fools to come to the realization that they are fools.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It was one of those things I didn't bother to speculate or pay too much attention to either (was busy trying not to be too distraught subconsciously from the April direct and all that when it was first being talked about), so was kinda news to me as well, I guess. Plus, not to sound racist or anything but it's nice seeing a popular black dude on YouTube that isn't an infamous Ridley detractor for once (has a cool shirt and hairdo too). :denzel:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
So honestly the main reason I support ridley more then any other unconfirmed character right now, is not because I love Ridley as a character. It is because I really want to these fools to come to the realization that they are fools.
You are a very petty, reprehensible, spiteful individual. High Command approves. :demon:

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet

Seems normal to me, considering this picture.
You know, I can understand why detractors think this model of Ridley shrunk down would look weird if he was playable, because honestly his head is quite huge, and stands out like a sore thumb in most of the size comparison models I've seen. Most playable characters have their proportions altered so I don't think it's any stretch to assume they would do the same with Ridley, all they need to do is shrink the head a bit I think. Obviously a model designed to be a large boss would look kinda weird when just shrunken down with no alterations to proportions.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Yea. That would be much more plausible if Ridley actually did anything during the time he grabbed Pikachu. Ridley isn't the type to just do nothing, plus the jerky animations looks so much like a player characters. Especially comparing it to his Brawl animations.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
It was one of those things I didn't bother to speculate or pay too much attention to either (was busy trying not to be too distraught subconsciously from the April direct and all that when it was first being talked about), so was kinda news to me as well, I guess. Plus, not to sound racist or anything but it's nice seeing a popular black dude on YouTube that isn't an infamous Ridley detractor for once (has a cool shirt and hairdo too). :denzel:
Etika is the bizzaro world version of Shokio. Seriously, he's a great Youtuber, and I love his energy. For anyone who hasn't checked him out, I recommend. He is also considerate to people who don't like being spoiled by leaks.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
That video restored my hype back. We're so close now. It will all be over soon. Hopefully it will end in happiness and crashboards.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Etika is the bizzaro world version of Shokio. Seriously, he's a great Youtuber, and I love his energy. For anyone who hasn't checked him out, I recommend. He is also considerate to people who don't like being spoiled by leaks.
Definitely agree with you. Etika is amazing, it helps that he's a Ridley supporter as well. I saw the video right before it was posted here, and I agree with his points. It restored my faith a bit, and seeing that in my sub box for the first time had my heart racing.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
That video restored my hype back. We're so close now. It will all be over soon. Hopefully it will end in happiness and crashboards.
I feel the same way, I never noticed Ridley grabbing Pikachu and him holding him then releasing him until an hour ago and it made me feel a bit more hyped up but still anything can happen.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Ok, so Gamexplain nonchalantly discussed the non officially revealed characters like DHD, and G&W. This is after they were told to hold an embargo until launch.

I know those characters have been leaked already, but remember they haven't been officially revealed, and Nintendo would want to try and stop the word from spreading. This tells me Nintendo had more to tell them, that they should stay quiet about. Take this with a grain of salt, but this tells me that the roster we saw wasn't the final one, and Nintendo told Gamexplain, and the other journalist to keep quiet with the unrevealed content, like extra characters.

Last edited:

hot coffee

Smash Cadet
The new Japanese demo will be unveiled in 25 minutes. Somethings coming! I can feel it in me old bones.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman

This has already (apparently) been discussed in the past, but let me shoot this down real quick.

You see the little zig-zag in "Pikachu's" tail's shadow? That's because Ridley's tail's shadow is falling on an uneven surface. It's not on a flat surface, the little "brick" there (as seen in the second post of the thread) is a little extruding part, and so warps the shadow slightly like that.

In addition to that, if you watch the video in slow-motion, you should be able to see that the shadow is either Ridley's tail, or poor Pikachu gets his tail ripped off, because the "Pikachu" "body" shadow gets separated from the tail.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The new Japanese demo will be unveiled in 25 minutes. Somethings coming! I can feel it in me old bones.
I don't know. I have a hard time believing anything Ridley related comes out of that. I highly doubt they entire roster will be unlocked.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I have a hard time believing anything Ridley related comes out of that. I highly doubt they entire roster will be unlocked.
If someone unlocks a Ridley trophy, then it would deconfirm him.

Someone could also unlock him through whatever his special unlock might be (such as defeating Classic with Samus on Intense or something).

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If someone unlocks a Ridley trophy, then it would deconfirm him.

Someone could also unlock him through whatever his special unlock might be (such as defeating Classic with Samus on Intense or something).
Not really. Playable characters have trophies you know. Ridley should be no exception...But wait, Ridley is always the exception with a lot of people. :\

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Not really. Playable characters have trophies you know. Ridley should be no exception...But wait, Ridley is always the exception with a lot of people. :\
Character trophies are only unlocked via certain ways, i.e. Classic mode or All-Star mode. Which you need the character for.

Also, looking at the shadow again, it looks like he might be holding the Metroid container in one of his talons. Hold on, lemme verify this.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Character trophies are only unlocked via certain ways, i.e. Classic mode or All-Star mode. Which you need the character for.

Also, looking at the shadow again, it looks like he might be holding the Metroid container in one of his talons. Hold on, lemme verify this.
Or he's holding Pikachu.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
So today I was talking about the rumored characters of leak to some people. When I mentioned Ridley, one of them got extremely mad. I just said "Why? Ridley is one of the most requested characters." This made him even more mad, even when I started showing him poll results that list Ridley in the top five, he still denied everything.

After that I just left.
The crowd also said mewtwo was not going to happen because lucario was announced so I should not have expected any better.

This kinda behavior annoys me. To be honest, I did not have any personal connections to ridley before SSB4 speculation. I just thought The arguments against Ridley were unfathomably stupid. Even if Ridley does not make the cut, every single argument against Ridley(excluding stage hazard related arguments.) will still hold no weight in my book. So honestly the main reason I support ridley more then any other unconfirmed character right now, is not because I love Ridley as a character. It is because I really want to these fools to come to the realization that they are fools.
That's Ridley haters to ya. Mention Ridley and they get mad for no reason. Same for mewtwo haters. I feel like mewtwo and Ridley haters are just ignorant and spoiled brats who hate them for no reason. I don't understand the hate. Why hate 2 popular characters? Most haters say the inclusion of these 2 all stars will" ruin the roster." Wtf? Ignore Ridley haters because they spout nothing but cancerous crap.

Also what new Ridley video is everyone talking about? Did I miss someone thing?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

It IS his leg. This pose is exactly same as his flying pose in Other M (i can prove it). That looks more like Ridley's tail and foot than Pikachu. It looks so...um...jaged...whatever because its not on a flat surface, as someone already said that.

Top Bottom