• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Jrodt333

Smash Rookie
If that guy works for Nintendo then he should have a green checkmark next to his Mii, and he doesn't.

Matt really Works at Metroid Fusion Wii U so Matt think to Sakurai that Ridley as a playable!?View attachment 21812
Any proof this guy works for Nintendo? Oh god I really really wish this was a hint of him being playable, but we mustn't count this as Ridley being confirmed, for all we know he could be talking about him being a stage hazard (please....no...).

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Man, If we're not getting any Direct/trailer this week, the last megaton better be worth it (aka Hype 3).

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Any proof this guy works for Nintendo? Oh god I really really wish this was a hint of him being playable, but we mustn't count this as Ridley being confirmed, for all we know he could be talking about him being a stage hazard (please....no...).
he isn't listed under the "Posts by verified users" section, so i doubt he really is an employee.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
If we don't get ridley soon i might have to kill somebody, Nintendo you're forcing my hand

Anyway, if that Matt guy really worked in Nintendo i would be so hyped right now :/

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
If we don't get ridley soon i might have to kill somebody, Nintendo you're forcing my hand

Anyway, if that Matt guy really worked in Nintendo i would be so hyped right now :/

We'll know soon enough, we'll just have to wait it out a little longer. Until then we'll have to find something to keep us occupied (which is d*** near impossible, Nintendo waiunogive us any new info on Smash?)

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Alright, this goes against how I/we want to treat detractors and all that, but day one of Ridley confirmation I will be the smuggest son of a b****. Basically this.

Last edited:

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
I know... i wont REALLY kill anybody xD

Well, maybe a detractor, is for a good cause anyway...

But believe me, time hasn't been this slow in my entire live, i don't now if i'll make it x.x

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I think we all know that when Ridley is confirmed, detractors like Rogersbase, Shokio, Nin10dohultra, etc, will remove their vidoes and make one where they say "HAHA I WAS JUST TROLLING I ALREADY KNEW HE WAS GOING TO BE IN YOU ALL FELL FOR IT HAHAH....crap" or something like that to make a random excuse. Then the detractors will say "HE LOOKS STUPID IM NOT BUYING THIS GAME" then....You witness the magical moment of Rogersbase maining Ridley and renaming his channel to "Ridleysbase" and will be an official worship place to honor Ridley.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I think we all know that when Ridley is confirmed, detractors like Rogersbase, Shokio, Nin10dohultra, etc, will remove their vidoes and make one where they say "HAHA I WAS JUST TROLLING I ALREADY KNEW HE WAS GOING TO BE IN YOU ALL FELL FOR IT HAHAH....crap" or something like that to make a random excuse.
Hasn't Shokio already claimed that he was trolling with that video, and that he wouldn't be phased by Ridley's inclusion? He tries to be realistic...in a game with 0% realisticness; makes you almost wonder if he wants to be proven wrong~

Marx the Jester

Smash Cadet
I think we all know that when Ridley is confirmed, detractors like Rogersbase, Shokio, Nin10dohultra, etc, will remove their vidoes and make one where they say "HAHA I WAS JUST TROLLING I ALREADY KNEW HE WAS GOING TO BE IN YOU ALL FELL FOR IT HAHAH....crap" or something like that to make a random excuse. Then the detractors will say "HE LOOKS STUPID IM NOT BUYING THIS GAME" then....You witness the magical moment of Rogersbase maining Ridley and renaming his channel to "Ridleysbase" and will be an official worship place to honor Ridley.
If that does happen...oh man...

Zynux

Smash Lord
Matt really Works at Metroid Fusion Wii U so Matt think to Sakurai that Ridley as a playable!?View attachment 21812
  • I need a source that he's actually a worker for Nintendo (assuming Nintendo of America). Points for naming a specific division as well.
  • The context doesn't imply that he's should "playable in Smash Bros." It only jokingly implies that he should be "in Smash Bros." That could mean anything.

With that said, still pretty interesting to even say the the phrase "He should be in Smash Bros" when it's hardly relevant to Metroid Fusion. I don't believe he's knowledgeable on Ridley's status or not, but I wonder if anything will come from this.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
  • I need a source that he's actually a worker for Nintendo (assuming Nintendo of America). Points for naming a specific division as well.
  • The context doesn't imply that he's should "playable in Smash Bros." It only jokingly implies that he should be "in Smash Bros." That could mean anything.
With that said, still pretty interesting to even say the the phrase "He should be in Smash Bros" when it's hardly relevant to Metroid Fusion. I don't believe he's knowledgeable on Ridley's status or not, but I wonder if anything will come from this.
Wait this is actually a thing? Why do we believe he works for Nintendo?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This "Matt" does NOT work at Nintendo.
How do I know this?
Look at his Mii Icon.
Is there a checkmark in a green triangle at the top-left?
No?
Then he doesn't work at Nintendo, or any Game Company for that matter.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
...Damn it, knew I was forgetting something! :facepalm:

...Wait, King Ing as a boss in Smash Run? When did this happen? :confused:
Worded that wrong, pretty tired right now. I meant to say that the Emperor Ing would be a radical Smash Run boss if there were Ings as enemies in there, but no, he's not a boss in there yet.

I still doubt Sakurai even knows the 20th is the anniversary and we are only going to get dissapointed. Why we don't keep our expectations lower for this after monadomonday confuses me. Even if a direct is announced I'm expecting shulk at best. And don't even get me started on trailers :p

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
Been lurking this thread for a bit and I gotta say, it's been a great morale booster so far! Heh.

Ridley is hands down my most wanted character...and I can FEEL his playable presence now. It's only a matter of days time.

Patience guys! The wait will be worth it! Sakurai may be a world-class troll, but he's no soul crusher...right? ^^;

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
How the hell did anyone come to assumption that he worked for Nintendo?
Yeah, that's basically what I'm trying to figure out right now...

Been lurking this thread for a bit and I gotta say, it's been a great morale booster so far! Heh.

Ridley is hands down my most wanted character...and I can FEEL his playable presence now. It's only a matter of days time.

Patience guys! The wait will be worth it! Sakurai may be a world-class troll, but he's no soul crusher...right? ^^;
Not a soul crusher you say?

Last edited:

Welcome! something something don't drink the water. Enjoy the space pirate lounge

EDIT: why would you remind us of that :(

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman

Welcome to the forums!

That wasn't a soul crushing move. He was being direct and upfront. (A lot better than what we have been getting :dizzy:)

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588

Clearly Waluigi isn't trying very hard or he wouldn't be running away...just sayin'. XD *ducks for cover*

I still believe in the goodness of Mr. Sakurai! For now anyways. Hehe.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to announce a trailer for the 20th only to reveal anyone other then Ridley (with an empty Pyrosphere in the gameplay footage as always of course).

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman

People of aaaall kinds here. Skeptical people, confident people, reasonable detractors that do their detractory thing and are pretty awesome, and chaotic detractors that come back every so often to further ignore every rebuttal thrown at them and tell us we're stupid.

Y'know, the usual. As the aforementioned RogersBase put it, reading this thread is fun.

Welcome, anyhow! I like to believe Sakurai is not a soul crusher. Soma Cruz for SSB4!

Top Bottom