• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The problem is he can't transform into Ridley, and also be a second character slot that is only ridley, and also he didn't kill samus' parents.
He was getting around to it. It's not his fault Hyrule's space program is so poor.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Melee Yoshi
Melee Fox
Melee Mario (aka Senior Mario)
Melee Luigi (aka Senior Luigi)

...pretty much the entirety of Melee, actually.
It only looks bad because of how dated the graphics look today. When Nintendo Power revealed pictures of Melee in development back in 2001, I was blown away at how awesome the game looked, as a kid. It was such a huge jump over 64's graphical style that I couldn't believe that it was happening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean has there ever been an objectively bad character model in smash?
Chrom's model if he makes it in :troll:

I'm so hyped to troll people online with Chrom assuming his taunts will be as obnoxious as I imagine them

D

Deleted member

If he ruled hyrule for so long, it kinda is his fault

get with the program gannon
Who needs a space program when they can just bring the Moon down to the Earth's surface and jump on it that way?

Skull Kid is Hyrule's One Man NASA program, but instead of sending people to the Moon he brings the Moon to everybody, what other Space Program can do that? :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Skull Kid is Hyrule's One Man NASA program, but instead of sending people to the Moon he brings the Moon to everybody. :troll:
The Terminan National Space Program

Bringing space...

...to you.

It only looks bad because of how dated the graphics look today. When Nintendo Power revealed pictures of Melee in development back in 2001, I was blown away at how awesome the game looked as a kid. It was such a huge jump over 64's graphical style that I couldn't believe that it was happening.
Nah, I pretty much always thought the art-style was really weird.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Something I've always wanted to ask Metroid/Ridley fans.

Does Ridley smile at the beginning of Metroid Prime? People are always saying he shows no personality in the games but I swear I see him smile in a way that screams "Looks at these new toys" while looking at his new meta claws.

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
Who needs a space program when they can just bring the Moon down to the Earth's surface and jump on it that way?

Skull Kid is Hyrule's One Man NASA program, but instead of sending people to the Moon he brings the Moon to everybody, what other Space Program can do that? :troll:
Try telling that to Donkey Kong, and then we will see who is laughing :p

If you do not get that joke, then you most likely have not played and beat DKCR.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh yeah I forgot remember that theory I had earlier where Ridley hadn't been revealed yet because of some flying gimmick

I meant to add to it that meta-knight hadn't been revealed yet for the same reason

and maybe that's why charizard wasn't in the demo but maybe he doesn't fit in that theory

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh yeah I forgot remember that theory I had earlier where Ridley hadn't been revealed yet because of some flying gimmick

I meant to add to it that meta-knight hadn't been revealed yet for the same reason

and maybe that's why charizard wasn't in the demo but maybe he doesn't fit in that theory
I hope they don't do that to MK. He would be so annoying. Even if they nerf him a bunch, he would be one of the most annoying stallers in the game. *shudder* I can definitely see it being balanced for Ridley because he would be a large target. But not MK.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I hope they don't do that to MK. He would be so annoying. Even if they nerf him a bunch, he would be one of the most annoying stallers in the game. *shudder* I can definitely see it being balanced for Ridley because he would be a large target. But not MK.
a gliding aspect doesn't necessarily mean harder to hit. Since he's currently low to the ground, being able to hover a bit above the ground would just put him where most of the cast already is. You'd just be able to avoid low things, like Samus's down tilt, and maybe go right to aerials.

maybe jiggly will be in this category too

and wario because farts

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
a gliding aspect doesn't necessarily mean harder to hit. Since he's currently low to the ground, being able to hover a bit above the ground would just put him where most of the cast already is. You'd just be able to avoid low things, like Samus's down tilt, and maybe go right to aerials.

and wario because farts
Grab immunity too. I hated when a Peach player would hover directly above the ground since she could still attack but you couldn't run up for grab.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

and wario because farts
Ok. Now I see what you mean. It's not so bad. When you said "flying gimmick", I thought you were talking about a free-fly gimmick that would allow Ridley and MK to have tons of aerial mobility. I was thinking similar to Mewtwo's hover in P:M, but for a longer time.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@ Snagrio Snagrio yeah but you give up dashing and any ground attacks. It's an interesting trade off. Wonder how it'll work in Sm4sh

@ SethTheMage SethTheMage No I meant something that couldn't go too far off the ground. It was depicted in a larger picture that @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt posted a few pages back.

It could certainly be interesting/fun and hopefully viable xD

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
@ Snagrio Snagrio yeah but you give up dashing and any ground attacks. It's an interesting trade off. Wonder how it'll work in Sm4sh

@ SethTheMage SethTheMage No I meant something that couldn't go too far off the ground. It was depicted in a larger picture that @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt posted a few pages back.

It could certainly be interesting/fun and hopefully viable xD
Ok. I found the pic you are talking about. Yeah, I don't think it would be too bad on MK. I know that I certainly want Ridley to have something like that, though. Would be fun.

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Okay this is addressing an issue that was brought up a while ago, haha. Sorry for getting to it so late.
But I recently got to thinking because of the revealed new Zelda art style. Obviously this Super Smash Bros has decided to retain its own version of Link as opposed to merely adopting whatever style the current series has. As a result, Toon Link, for example, is more of an amalgamation of every Toon Link, not necessarily his canonical appearance in the most recent iteration, which in this case would be that of A Link Between Worlds (if we would call this a "Toon Link" at all.)

By this I mean to say that if Ridley does get in, I sincerely doubt they will use his Other M model. I imagine they'd use his Super Smash appearance, such as for Brawl or Melee even, which actually looks quite similar. I mean, Other M Ridley is better than no Ridley, but if they want this game to look as good as possible, Other M Ridley is not the route to go. Even in terms of basic design he appears... polygonal and blurry, as though he was on an older console or something.
On the off-chance Ridley is not playable, I would still assume the use of Smash Ridley rather than Other M Ridley.
Just my thoughts! :D

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Okay this is addressing an issue that was brought up a while ago, haha. Sorry for getting to it so late.
But I recently got to thinking because of the revealed new Zelda art style. Obviously this Super Smash Bros has decided to retain its own version of Link as opposed to merely adopting whatever style the current series has. As a result, Toon Link, for example, is more of an amalgamation of every Toon Link, not necessarily his canonical appearance in the most recent iteration, which in this case would be that of A Link Between Worlds (if we would call this a "Toon Link" at all.)

By this I mean to say that if Ridley does get in, I sincerely doubt they will use his Other M model. I imagine they'd use his Super Smash appearance, such as for Brawl or Melee even, which actually looks quite similar. I mean, Other M Ridley is better than no Ridley, but if they want this game to look as good as possible, Other M Ridley is not the route to go. Even in terms of basic design he appears... polygonal and blurry, as though he was on an older console or something.
On the off-chance Ridley is not playable, I would still assume the use of Smash Ridley rather than Other M Ridley.
Just my thoughts! :D
A Link Between Worlds is really "classic" Link, not Toon Link.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Roidley's hideous colors and duck-face off put me from him. Just...why? He looks so bad! Also, the fact he comes from a Steroid Furby is disturbing. Oh, and the fact Other M Ridley looks nothing like Neo Ridley, even though it's his corpse...

Seriously, why did they think Other M Ridley looked good enough to be on consoles? Also, the concept art, while better, still seems kind of off to me.

D

Deleted member

So random question: What do Ridley's Parents look like?

And no, I will NOT be satisfied by the Rule 63 Ridley GIF, you know which one I'm talking about. :glare:

Maresch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Maresch
Let's take a moment and stop being silly. Everyone knows this is Ridley's new design in Sm4sh.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
God, it's been forever since I have been on this site. What have you guys been up too, any more theories about Ridley in smash bros?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Let's take a moment and stop being silly. Everyone knows this is Ridley's new design in Sm4sh.

Metroid x Star Fox crossover confirmed.:denzel:

But seriously, he actually looks pretty decent with that look. Most mods with him usually look terrible. :/

D

Deleted member

Oh. I personally think that design is terrible compared to his OoT or his WW design.
Ganondorf just wanted to use some curlers so he could have the best hair in Hyrule, what's wrong with that?

After all, you can't take over the world if your hair isn't absolutely fabulous, I mean, Link and Zelda already have amazing hair, so Ganondorf probably felt he was lacking. :awesome:

Now I want to see Ridley with a flowing mane of hair. :c

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Ganondorf just wanted to use some curlers so he could have the best hair in Hyrule, what's wrong with that?

After all, you can't take over the world if your hair isn't absolutely fabulous, I mean, Link and Zelda already have amazing hair, so Ganondorf probably felt he was lacking. :awesome:

Now I want to see Ridley with a flowing mane of hair. :c
I read that, and I imagined Super Saiyan Ridley.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
What's kinda sad is that I can see the Super/Brawl/Prime designs in teenaged Ridley. The lean but muscular limbs, the "beak" being thick enough to allow it to curve downwards without looking awkward, the large, intelligent eyes, the "stacked cone" tail that Meta Ridley has...

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Yep they are starting now fake rosters.

Mistakes

1 no charizard

2 the ridley model is one from our very own form.

3 the mewtwo picture is this

4 the other 3 sal leak guys are not there.

5 thatd a 43 character roster 47 or 51/50 is what it is going to be.
6) I'm pretty sure Sakurai said that there was going to be three different slots for the Mii character (gunner, swordsman, fist fighter), and there was only one slot for the Mii there

D

Deleted member

No, there's just going to be one Mii slot.

I don't know where people are getting that each Mii has it's own slot.

Top Bottom