• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
One of my pet peeves is when people say, "Well, you've got Charizard if Ridley doesn't make it in. They're both dragons." That doesn't even make sense. They're not related or even in the same FRANCHISE. That's like, "Oh, you want Isaac? Well, if he doesn't get in, you've always got Link, who's also blonde and has a sword."

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Would definitely explain the odd head shape given the multiple eyes.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
So that thing is supposed to be Ridley? Who made it? Why did they make it? I figured it was something from some other game....how creepy....:urg:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Other M Ridley ain't looking so bad now, huh?
Yeah, but it's the difference between being stabbed in the eyes, or being stabbed in the eyes AND neutered.

If I could follow up on it, I would grievously injure myself if Sm4sh Ridley is horribly-designed. ZS Samus actually looks like a hardened badass compared to her Other M design, so I'm positive Ridley will get a similar beautifying/badassifying makeover.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
So, I checked my rota for the week commencing 9th June (E3 week) for work, and it seems I have the 10th June (day of Nintendo's Direct) off o/

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, I checked my rota for the week commencing 9th June (E3 week) for work, and it seems I have the 10th June (day of Nintendo's Direct) off o/
I put in at work for a personal day- and i got it. I'll be parking my rear in front of my computer all day. And i won't move until Ridley gets revealed...

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
All the event stuff for E3's going to be at late times for where I am, Nintendo's Digital direct thing's at 9am PT, that's 5pm for me ._.

And that tournament thing, I think it's meant to be 4pm PT, which is 12am BST (Wednesday 11th).

As much as I want to watch the tournament, I don't really want to stay up that late XD

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So it's not a shark and Roidley hybrid.

It's a whale and Roidley hybrid.
"Although the knowledge that his 'brother' impregnated a shark to spawn a monstrous aberration was already shocking enough, Ridley soon found out an even weirder reality: Roidley's son was not from a shark, but from a whale. The whale in question, repulsed by her offspring, ditched Roidley and doomed him to rise his miscarriage of a son. Roidley's incompetence gave him several problems with fatherhood, but he was then aided by Bertha, a female shark, and they brought up the kid together.

Ridley's stomach was absolutely twisted in disgust after hearing the full story, and was really pissed of at his useless clone for getting himself into a lot of trouble...."

Now I'm going to ask for a roster icon of that Ridley. :troll:

Also, this is where the build of Ridley began
"...But he then soon find out something more gruesome. 'Roidley' and 'Bertha' were actually GIANT MUTANT uh LIOPLEURODONS FROM A DIFFERENT DIMENSION THAT COULD SHAPESHIFT! They immediately lunged into Ridley to devour him brutally... only to be swiftly exterminated by Ridley's fiery breath. He then ordered ordered his minions to clean up the mess and make sure no evidence of it has ever happened.

Meanwhile, Roidley, who is still at the bottom of a lake, is trying to find the Loch Ness monster, of whom he has heard about many times. Little does he now, he's actually in its belly."

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At least during the final moments before the Digital Event we can say for real that an enemy from Samus' past will appear at any second.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Me, wherever there's some Ridley support.

"Eh, those guys that say he's too big aren't that much of a hassle."

Me, wherever Toobigots are the majority.

"Ugh... urge to kill... harvesting... within me..."

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
A forum I frequent to (other than here), there seems to be some hope. There's another user still holding onto hope for Ridley, he may become a Space Pirate member yet.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Surprised no-one here's posted this little gem yet:

Clearly fake (you'll be able to spot why real fast), but still neat for other reasons.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
A forum I frequent to (other than here), there seems to be some hope. There's another user still holding onto hope for Ridley, he may become a Space Pirate member yet.
And then someone replies to the guy saying Ridley was "de-confirmed"...

I'm trying to resist the urge to post why they're wrong, but I know what the result will be if I do ._.

Top Bottom