• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, me neither... But they both would be flying characters who have specials that kind of leave them committed... Like, DDD's up+B is really risky, Ridley's Side+B could easily be a dashing attack with a relatively long starting lag, and his charged fireball would also probably leave him pretty vulnerable.

I think I'd like to see Ridley's specials be uninterruptable while attacking (like Ike/DDD's Up+B's).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like I would use Ridley a good bit in Smash 4. Granted the both Mario Bros and Fox will always be by mains but he'd be a secondary. If his moveset is good enough he could be in my top 10. In fact, the only heavy hitters I don't use from time to time are DeDeDe and Donkey Kong.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Am i the only one who thinks Ridley wont and pretty would be more fitting to not have a chargeable fireball? Instead multiple mini fireballs like Super metroid Ridley?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, I've always seen Ridley firing three or so little fireballs with a slight homing effect. I think I tacked on a charging mechanic in my moveset, but I think that's a little too much now. I think maybe that was one of Kuma's suggestion. Fit better with his fighting style.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I've always seen Ridley firing three or so little fireballs with a slight homing effect. I think I tacked on a charging mechanic in my moveset, but I think that's a little too much now. I think maybe that was one of Kuma's suggestion. Fit better with his fighting style.
I dunno, that sounds pretty cool to me. We don't really have any homing attacks in Smash Bros. yet, so it would help him standout from the rest.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm thinking essentially a fireball attack that can be tapped for quick, straightforward blasts but if you hold it down instead he'll do a chargeable blast that can be aimed while charging and fire on release.

I think the only homing projectile so far is Samus's weak missile. I don't think I'd really need to see Ridley's fireballs home, especially if he can fire off a little flurry of them. Having them stay away from each other in a slow path is nice zoning.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I KNOW ONE THING I WANT is for Ridley to be able to "bomb" the stage with his fireballs while gliding. Maybe that would be his Up Special or whatever, but there's no reason he couldn't use his special while gliding.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I KNOW ONE THING I WANT is for Ridley to be able to "bomb" the stage with his fireballs while gliding. Maybe that would be his Up Special or whatever, but there's no reason he couldn't use his special while gliding.
Just gotta wait and see if they elevate the air game brawl made. I agree though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That sounds like it work out well. You could press Up+B to enter a flying state. Ridley could fly for about 3-5 seconds(that is about as long as Pit's flight right?)While in the flying state, pressing be again could have Ridley shoot fireballs below him.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
That's pretty much exactly what I was about to say- Either have a temporary flying mode, or just make it so shooting fireballs while Ridley's gliding doesn't interrupt the glide and fires them downward.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So should Meta Ridley be a Final Smash or a alternate costume? I'm thinking a Final Smash would work better if you ask me.
As far as which option I'd like, hard to say. After seeing it suggested so many times though (and the fact there's already enough transformation-based final smashes as it is), the idea of a Meta-Ridley FS doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as it used to. Then again... do still like the idea of Meta-Ridley's multi-missiles or meson bombs being used as specials or a FS.

Bit off topic but someone please tell me need to know.

Has Metroid as in Metroid 1 on 3DS VC has save points can you save?

Will they bring Zero Mission to 3DS VC.
Any iteration of the original Metroid (regardless of what system/VC it's on) has always had the password system as a way of saving progress.

Dunno.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As far as which option I'd like, hard to say. After seeing it suggested so many times though (and the fact there's already enough transformation-based final smashes as it is), the idea of a Meta-Ridley FS doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as it used to. Then again... do still like the idea of Meta-Ridley's multi-missiles or meson bombs being used as specials or a FS.

Any iteration of the original Metroid (regardless of what system/VC it's on) has always had the password system as a way of saving progress.

Dunno.
Wow that is so gay...also thanks.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hey, question... How do you all pronounce "Zebes" in your mind? I always think of it as "Zeebs" and its inhabitants as "Zeebsians". I think the actual pronunciation is closer to "Zeh-biss".

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Ridley's Final Smash should be cinematic like Falcon's. He does a diving grab at his opponents and flies off with them. He appears in that chamber from Subspace Emissary and runs them across the wall (One in either hand and one in his foot's grasp) and when the attack is done toss them back on stage.

I know Smash isn't the game for Cinematics but I just like that scene. And they integrated it into Other M and by extension DOA Dimensions so they know it's cool.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey, question... How do you all pronounce "Zebes" in your mind? I always think of it as "Zeebs" and its inhabitants as "Zeebsians". I think the actual pronunciation is closer to "Zeh-biss".
The actual pronunciation is "Zeh-behs."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I always pronounced it "ZEE-biss." Maybe it's from never playing a Metroid game...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thing is, I only say "Zeh-Behs," because they pronouce it that way in Brawl and Other M.

"Zee-Bees" sound more natural.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i say Zebz like a G would xD.
i just hope Meta Ridley is a costume.

and i dont like cinematic FS there cool for the first 10 times..Giga Bowser is the most satisfying FS.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I could see someone pronouncing it like it was Spanish too, Zay-Bace. Zeebs always flowed the best for me, and made the most sense with the linguistic rules of English. I guess the word wasn't made by English speakers, though, but I didn't know that as a kid. I would've thought they'd spell it differently though to make it clear, like "Zebbis" or "Zehbas" or something.

So, apparently the classic Space Pirates aren't actually FROM Zebes, they just took it over at some point and claimed its name. I wonder if they're going to discuss the actual Space Pirate home planet at some point?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So, apparently the classic Space Pirates aren't actually FROM Zebes, they just took it over at some point and claimed its name. I wonder if they're going to discuss the actual Space Pirate home planet at some point?
Well there was a 'Pirate Homeworld' in Metroid Prime 3, but somehow doubt it's their only one.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Anthony Higgs
Dark Samus
Ridley
Sylux

any other stand out Metroid character?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Anthony is, then Adam is, and do you really want to open that door, Swampasoor?
Sure. He stood out.

Whether that's a good or bad thing is debatable, but he stood out.

I mean he appeared (kinda) in two games. That's kinda impressive for Metroid.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Adam stood out. Because of him, we now know Samus is into being dominated

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I'm adding the likes of Sylux and Anthony, so, should I add Rundas and Adam? I'd rather have more than less, and Metroid has less options than WarioWare at this point. I was just looking to see if this list is AS GOOD AS IT CAN BE. Ya know, since my poll isn't up for another two months or so.

ALSO it's not just stand out.

Stand outs, Prominent/Key/Important characters, and Fan Favorites are what I'm looking for, FROM ALL FRANCHISES

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok so how about that Ridley fellow? He seems like a nice addtion for the Metroid franchise...

Top Bottom