• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I think #5 is likely: Ridley isn't playable and his design as a boss isn't finished yet (the Wii U version won't be out for 6+ months), but Sakurai thought showing his shadow right now would get it out of the way and let people down easy.
That is the exact opposite of letting people down easy. The way Sakurai is hinting and teasing Ridley over the months has done nothing but torture us. This shadow made things so much worse. Everyone is losing their heads because of that shadow.

Honestly I think Sakurai did something out of ignorance. He doesn't realize what's going on among Ridley supporters or how this teasing makes us feel.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
The ridley we saw was the clone of ridley form Other M, Sakurai never said the name "ridley", or said that he's a hazard or boss, we only saw its shadow and tail, and he could have been reffering to the fact Ridley has been a boss in other games, and his shadow isn't too big, it's just zoomed in.
OMG LUIGI IS HUGE AND DONKEY KONG IS TINY! Wrong. Its just zoomed in on luigi.
And just because it looked kind of big, it doesn't mean its big, and the game was mute when sakurai went on to the part with ridley.
ZELDA'S HAND CONFIRMED TO BE BIGGER THEN HER HEAD!!!!!

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/zelda-screen-32.jpg

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Quick Question

How do I hide content within Spoilers when posting?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0161.JPG

Finally I could do something....and it was a long time since I did the Assassin Ridley drawing...so I give it another try...to make it look more dynamic...and sketchy as always...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

The way Sakurai is hinting and teasing Ridley over the months has done nothing but torture us.
What? He's only said something in context of Ridley twice since E3; when Pyrosphere was first shown, and the Smash Direct.

This is where I start to lose sympathy; a lot of the supposed "torture" and "damage" Sakurai has done was really self-inflicted by the fanbase.

AndreaAC

It's been said before, but seriously, I would love to see you set up something like Deviant Art. Your sketches are awesome.
;3 Aw, thank you! glad you like them! :) Well, maybe when I finish my Design career (I'm just in the third semester of it)...or at least when I make more professional works, I will create a DA account or something...but for now, I will not...those sketches are just for fun....And more Ridley stuff later....

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I diden't see anything you need to mark the zone of what you saw
You mean in the video? Its at 32:53

Here a side by side comparison to see the difference. The ones under normal Pyroshere look purple/blue and have that black design around it like in the video and the ones on FD look light purple and don't have the black design. The big tube like things.

http://i.imgur.com/GLyT8Im.png

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You mean in the video? Its at 32:53

Here a side by side comparison to see the difference. The ones under normal Pyroshere look purple/blue and have that black design around it like in the video and the ones on FD look light purple and don't have the black design. The big tube like things.

http://i.imgur.com/GLyT8Im.png
What you mean on the jet pack seriously I got nothing

(Unless you count the part mac not grabbing the edge I got nothing was those things the same color as before on the final destination version)

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
What you mean on the jet pack seriously I got nothing

(Unless you count the part mac not grabbing the edge I got nothing was those things the same color as before on the final destination version)
Are you clicking the links to the pictures? The two big differences between the normal Pyrosphere and Final Destination Pyrosphere is that the Final Destination doesn't have lava and the big purple tube things under Pyroshere look way different. You can get a good view of them during the jet pack part during the video.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Are you clicking the links to the pictures? The two big differences between the normal Pyrosphere and Final Destination Pyrosphere is that the Final Destination doesn't have lava and the big purple tube things under Pyroshere look way different. You can get a good view of them during the jet pack part during the video.
Yea I know about cages not around the final destination version of those purple/blue things that's why I got nothing I thought you saw like a zap or something from them

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Are those purple tubes in the actual Pyrosphere area in Other M?
Thats the thing....There not! Thats why there so mysterious and suspicious. Sakurai made these up himself and I personally don't think there just aesthetic.

AndreaAC

you know...now that I saw the video...I'm more curious about those things...

Untitled1.png

I just hope they explode....

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What if the reason we're only seeing Ridley's shadow is not because Sakurai is trying to troll or tease, but because his model just isn't done yet? It would make sense for some of the Wii U-exclusive things to be incomplete right now, since it's coming out later. Maybe Sakurai thought this would be a good way to get his disconfirmation out of the way and put Ridley fans out of their misery without waiting until he's finished.

I am not 100% ruling out the possibility that Ridley could be playable - Sakurai does unexpected things sometimes. But I do not expect it.

Screenshot_2014-04-24-18-31-11.png

While Ridley IS large, he is still kinda anorexic/skinny and his tail wouldn`t get in the way since its invincible in all of the games he appeared in other than SSBB while his wings aren`t as huge as Meta Ridley`s...at least classic is that skinny...Roidley is still kinda bulky, but has better proportions. Bowser has a large hitboxes and his...um...collision boxes is large as well and he isn`t broken nor terrible in gameplay. And its still possible to kick a** using terrible characters like Ogre or Gannondorf.
Let me just say something.

If Ridley is playable it would be done in such a way that it would seem like there wasent even a problem to begin with if not then he wont be playable.

No half ass attempt all the chars in smash feel and look great nintendo perfects/puts more time into these things than anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Oh, you mean that they put more efforts on a freaking rainbow effect than making a Character playable? if it is that....you are right

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Um, no. That's not at all the same.... What?

Toad being shown off as a move confirms him for being a move.

Ridley's shadow being shown off as ____ confirms Ridley for ____ BECAUSE WE DON"T KNOW WHAT HE WAS SHOWN OFF AS (we didn't even see him still -_-)
Are those missing words DENSE and DELUSIONAL.

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet
Oh, you mean that they put more efforts on a freaking rainbow effect than making a Character playable? if it is that....you are right
I'll just remind you that we got 6 clones in melee, rather then 1 original character. small effects shouldn't take any effort by comparison.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well my next size apology this one is pretty good I have to say

You know the center ring of pyrosphere right well it was zoomed in on the shadow footage and the tabs looked like a good measure ment so

I think this is bowser from it

Then I decided to measure pikachu from the notches and he takes 1 1/2

The pikachu shadow looks slight bigger than when ridley grabbed pikachu so the shadow could be a big illusion

Like this

So I looked several times at Ridleys shadow to measure precisely I got a estimate of size which is this

Purple = ridley
Orange = bowser
Yellow = pikachu (sorry that one is bad)

Now definatly not 100% accurate
You see the ridley shadow did not get bigger than the smallest circle in the center so that's my best bet with size

Now do not get hopes up though this does not confirm ridley for playable its impossible to conclude that ridley is deconfirmed nor confirmed

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So any bets on when Sakurai will finally let the cat out of the bag about Stage Hazardley?

I am guessing we will know by E3 considering the likely Smash 4 Wii U demo will have the Pyrosphere.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Does this imply vore? I was only making a joke about Sakurai's POTD...and Oasis had to take this the wrong way.
...........So, I had to do something about it.
You had to go and make a big deal about it what are you some kind of inflation fetishist gross get out of here.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I'm sure this has been discussed but
Well my next size apology this one is pretty good I have to say

You know the center ring of pyrosphere right well it was zoomed in on the shadow footage and the tabs looked like a good measure ment so

I think this is bowser from it

Then I decided to measure pikachu from the notches and he takes 1 1/2

The pikachu shadow looks slight bigger than when ridley grabbed pikachu so the shadow could be a big illusion

Like this

So I looked several times at Ridleys shadow to measure precisely I got a estimate of size which is this

Purple = ridley
Orange = bowser
Yellow = pikachu (sorry that one is bad)

Now definatly not 100% accurate
You see the ridley shadow did not get bigger than the smallest circle in the center so that's my best bet with size

Now do not get hopes up though this does not confirm ridley for playable its impossible to conclude that ridley is deconfirmed nor confirmed

Very good sir. That size does match up with this thread.

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68996063

Here are the pictures from there again

http://i.imgur.com/L3Xzet9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YNzk1mc.jpg

I been saying that Ridley isn't all that large. People see a zoomed in shadow with camera angle trickery going on and think he is some giant when he's really not at all.

But like you said this doesn't confirm or deconfirm him. We could just have a really small Ridley hazard.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So any bets on when Sakurai will finally let the cat out of the bag about Stage Hazardley?

I am guessing we will know by E3 considering the likely Smash 4 Wii U demo will have the Pyrosphere.
If there is a demo

But E3 is probably the momment of truth I mean I'm 90% sure we are not going to get any more ridley footage/Potd with him in it till E3

AndreaAC

Does this imply vore? I was only making a joke about Sakurai's POTD...and Oasis had to take this the wrong way.
...........So, I had to do something about it.
Um, nope, vore looks way worse.... :3 but i don't think he said that seriously...

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
:grin:

Apparently, Yoshi can throw eggs with a rainbow trail.....but how does he do that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom