• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I hate the Other M design. It's like it was designed by a 4-year old who just drank 6 sodas. Spikes everywhere, overbearing muscles, poor colors, etc.

I'd rather they use the Brawl design, like the KO icon.
His ribs are visible, there is visible space between his ribcage and neck, his pelvis bone is visible too, his arms are thin. He has no more muscles than i have.
They used Other M designs for everything from Metroid except for things like Dark Samus for obvious reasons, so, he would look weird.
I had to look twice to realize that Ridley was going shhh instead of giving the finger. lol
Looks like this image is cursed to always me mistaken for this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, this is it. The end has arrived for this thread.

Even thought I've stopped caring for Ridley a short time ago, for better or worse, his fan base will never be forgotten so long as the Smash community is alive. No fan base is dedicated more towards getting their character in than Ridley and I believe that will remain the case even going into future Smash installments. Whatever the case might be, I have certainly enjoyed being involved in the fan base. All I can say at this point is to keep on fighting and never give up until Ridley is finally in full playable glory.

This will be the last post where I discuss Ridley in any shape or form for Smash. さようなら!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh, this is a last post graveyard kinda thing now. Missed that. Guess I'll post a final opinion (barring any word from Sakurai)

Ridley has no chance for playability in Smash 4 at this point. I don't think Ridley will be playable while Sakurai is the director for the series. However, seeing his turnaround in opinions for characters like the Mii and Villager, I won't write out the possibility, especially if Ridley is shown differently in a new Metroid game in the future.

Those points being said, I still love Sakurai's work. I think Smash has gone in great directions under him, and I respect all of his choices (although I disagree with Ridley, I still respect the choice). I am still a Ridley fan, so for me this just means I'm going to enjoy the uber flying man Roidley mechanic for the next 10 years, and root for Ridley again in Smash 5. I waited after Brawl, I'll do it again. And idgaf what kind of negativity is associated with Ridley fanatics, I'm keeping the sig, and (unless I'm being a devil's advocate) always be pro Ridley in other discussions.

See ya 'round the Space Pirate Lounge, I'll trounce you with purple Charizard.

Neko-Knight

Smash Cadet
I don't think you understand, I think I can speak for most Ridley fans when I say that we don't care how his moveset is implemented. We don't want Ridley for the moveset, we want Ridley for the character. In the end if his moves aren't 'unique' I doubt that many Ridley supporters would mind. His uniqueness isn't a factor for us, because in our minds Ridley is already unique.
More specifically, while we DO care about his moveset, that's the most negotiable part of Ridley getting in as a character.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Don't give up guys. Ridley will be playable one day. Always rooting for the purple space pirate. See ya all in the lounge. Ridley Forever!!!

Steflames

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-8029-1780-3612
Well guys i guess this is the end for this thread, but it not the end for Ridley being in Smash. It has been a tough time for many of us ridley fans, but we never gave up and we still wont. I wish the best of luck for you all and if there is a forum were we can still discuss about Ridley please send me an invite. We will someday have our purple space dragon if its DLC (which i hope) or PM or Smash 5 our wish will come true. Take care everyone!

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully by the time Smash 5/6 rolls around, we'll have a new Metroid game that does the character of Ridley justice and actually makes people see him as more than a big purple obstacle.

Space Pirates to the end!

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
1. Megaman

2. Little Mac

3. Ridley

4. Toad

5. King K. Rool

6. Sukapon

7. Ray 01

So far, my most wanted newcomers have been confirmed in order. Let's keep it that way.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Well. I haven't been on Smashboards much lately. It's neat to see that the thread was reopened. I had a great time being part of the discussions here. Maybe we'll have more luck in the next game, everyone. At least Ridley's role as a boss character is decent. Can't wait until the game releases. Less than a month away, now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ridley for dlc hopefully

but I can point out one suspicious thing (but most likely scenario is not seen every move yet/not impleted yet/cut move)

wheres the grab attack? I dident see it in any gameplay footage.

and plus isn't super Metroid ridley more requested than other m ridley and also the concept of ridley clones

and the other m ridley texture is disgusting compaired to all of the playable characters (even metal face and yellow devil)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't plan to go to the group due to not really being personally connected to him. But I'll give my last message here in this thread; you all have been great people who made Ridley discussion fun! I will never forget the moments I had read in this thread!

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Well guys, its been a blast.

While I haven't exactly been the most active here in the thread, I have and always will be a diehard Ridley fan. And after seeing him get so close, but still be so far, it's clear our job isn't over, even though the thread will be. If we ever want to see Ridley playable in a Smash Bros. game, we'll just have to be that much louder, and push that much harder. Don't let our Space Pirate leader's support go the way of characters like Geno. We need to stay strong and steadfast, and keep being proactive, even when the next Smash is likely 6-8 years away. There's a number of steps we can take to move forward with this, and ones that I believe we should push for in the upcoming future.

1). Our next step right now should be getting an answer from Sakurai as to why. Why he clearly doesn't feel Ridley is suitable to be a playable character, and why he made such strides towards giving him everything a fighter has except a slot on the select screen, but still couldn't give the fans their due. And when we get that answer, show him how it could've been overcome. Why it wasn't and shouldn't have been enough of a reason to keep one of the last real Nintendo All-Stars out of the playable cast.

2). We need to gain ourselves some powerful allies. The K. Rool group has been doing a fantastic job of this. They've not only gotten multiple former members of Rare on their side, like Grant Kirkhope, they even have some of Retro Studios's higher-ups behind them. We need to do the same. Almost everyone has some form of social media account nowadays. Use this widespreadness of social media to our advantage. Tweet at or contact those involved with the Metroid franchise. Let's get Retro behind us. Let's get influential people like Bill Trinen or other NoA employees on our side. He's clearly aware of the Ridley fanbase, based on his tweets on the matter. Hell, even get Team Ninja on our side. Other M may not have been the best game, but at least Team Ninja realizes how important Ridley is, and gave him an appropriately large role in it. If we get ourselves a foothold in the companies that work directly with the series, we stand a much better chance at influencing future decisions with the character.

3). Continue to prove naysayers wrong. Do not falter. Ridley is going to be the subject of intense scrutiny and ridicule in the coming months, and it will only get worse as our push gets stronger and becomes more widely known. Do not let them break us, do not let them distract us. Hundreds of times in this thread alone, people have come in and argued that we're wrong, that we're delusional, that we're stupid for even thinking he could ever be playable, and we spent our time arguing with them and making no headway. This is a waste of time. If they come to us already saying that he's too big or too scary or whatever the reason of the day is, they're not going to be convinced. They're set in their ways and aren't here to argue, but to get a rise out of us. What we need to focus on instead are the fence cases. Those who have no opinion either way or who are indecisive. Show them how much it means to us and how long and hard we've fought, only to end up with nothing but insults and laughter hurled at us. Make mods, make fanart, make youtube videos, get him into Project M, whatever you can do, do it. Show those who would ridicule us that there are far more of us than there are of them, and that what we are asking for is far from impossible.

4). Do not let this fade away. Is Smash 4 a fantastic game? Yes! Has Sakurai done a fantastic job with the series, despite his mistakes? Absolutely. But do not let our feelings be silenced by things such as "oh but Sakurai did _______ and made smash bros, so what he does is for the best" This is probably more dangerous than direct detractors, because it's more passive and innocuous. People like this will try to make us fade silently. They will use statements such as the one above to try and dismantle us, slow us down and make us lose sight of our goal. These kinds of people will slowly wither down the support base by making us feel as if it's a lost cause, or not worth pushing for, and that we should just move on. This is exactly what happened to Geno supporters, and look where they are now. They were a force to be reckoned with during Brawl's development, but now they're barely even a blip on the radar. Don't let us fall that far. Stay strong, keep pushing no matter the opposition, and stay wary of those who may try to take us apart, and fight back against them. After all, we are space pirates.

And space pirates never falter.

Space pirates stay strong together.

Space pirates never die.

One day, our leader WILL rise.

And as long as at least one of us still stands, one thing will always stand true.

Ridley for Smash Bros.

See you next mission everyone.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So, this is the end then? I never did get any closing words the first time we shut this down, so here I go.

It's been a great few months with you all here since I joined in July. Ridley was my most wanted character for Smash 4 and it's sad he didn't get in. I've witnessed this thread go through strong and weak times, and it's been great every step of the way. But this isn't the end for us. This is far from the end for Ridley. I'm not very good with wording and big speeches, but I want you to know it's been great. The Ridley supporters are by far the biggest fanbase and most welcoming support group. Every speculation, gif, drawing, moveset idea, theory, artwork, and every single supporter here has been absolutely amazing to have and made this thread amazing.

Remember, it's not over, we still have the social supporters group after this. Smash 4 will be great, even without playing as Ridley. You all have made my experience great and I love this thread. I'm sure I'll see you around SmashBoards and the internet.

When the mods kill this thread (I know you've been waiting to), I'll look back on this thread and remember one of the best summers of my life spent here. Thank you, each and every one of you, for making the time spent here great. This thread is where the majority of my posts have been spent.

Now I know it's cheesy, but remember: Space Pirates Never Falter. Ridley for the next Smash.

See you around, guys.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well guys, its been a blast.

While I haven't exactly been the most active here in the thread, I have and always will be a diehard Ridley fan. And after seeing him get so close, but still be so far, it's clear our job isn't over, even though the thread will be. If we ever want to see Ridley playable in a Smash Bros. game, we'll just have to be that much louder, and push that much harder. Don't let our Space Pirate leader's support go the way of characters like Geno. We need to stay strong and steadfast, and keep being proactive, even when the next Smash is likely 6-8 years away. There's a number of steps we can take to move forward with this, and ones that I believe we should push for in the upcoming future.

1). Our next step right now should be getting an answer from Sakurai as to why. Why he clearly doesn't feel Ridley is suitable to be a playable character, and why he made such strides towards giving him everything a fighter has except a slot on the select screen, but still couldn't give the fans their due. And when we get that answer, show him how it could've been overcome. Why it wasn't and shouldn't have been enough of a reason to keep one of the last real Nintendo All-Stars out of the playable cast.

2). We need to gain ourselves some powerful allies. The K. Rool group has been doing a fantastic job of this. They've not only gotten multiple former members of Rare on their side, like Grant Kirkhope, they even have some of Retro Studios's higher-ups behind them. We need to do the same. Almost everyone has some form of social media account nowadays. Use this widespreadness of social media to our advantage. Tweet at or contact those involved with the Metroid franchise. Let's get Retro behind us. Let's get influential people like Bill Trinen or other NoA employees on our side. He's clearly aware of the Ridley fanbase, based on his tweets on the matter. Hell, even get Team Ninja on our side. Other M may not have been the best game, but at least Team Ninja realizes how important Ridley is, and gave him an appropriately large role in it. If we get ourselves a foothold in the companies that work directly with the series, we stand a much better chance at influencing future decisions with the character.

3). Continue to prove naysayers wrong. Do not falter. Ridley is going to be the subject of intense scrutiny and ridicule in the coming months, and it will only get worse as our push gets stronger and becomes more widely known. Do not let them break us, do not let them distract us. Hundreds of times in this thread alone, people have come in and argued that we're wrong, that we're delusional, that we're stupid for even thinking he could ever be playable, and we spent our time arguing with them and making no headway. This is a waste of time. If they come to us already saying that he's too big or too scary or whatever the reason of the day is, they're not going to be convinced. They're set in their ways and aren't here to argue, but to get a rise out of us. What we need to focus on instead are the fence cases. Those who have no opinion either way or who are indecisive. Show them how much it means to us and how long and hard we've fought, only to end up with nothing but insults and laughter hurled at us. Make mods, make fanart, make youtube videos, get him into Project M, whatever you can do, do it. Show those who would ridicule us that there are far more of us than there are of them, and that what we are asking for is far from impossible.

4). Do not let this fade away. Is Smash 4 a fantastic game? Yes! Has Sakurai done a fantastic job with the series, despite his mistakes? Absolutely. But do not let our feelings be silenced by things such as "oh but Sakurai did _______ and made smash bros, so what he does is for the best" This is probably more dangerous than direct detractors, because it's more passive and innocuous. People like this will try to make us fade silently. They will use statements such as the one above to try and dismantle us, slow us down and make us lose sight of our goal. These kinds of people will slowly wither down the support base by making us feel as if it's a lost cause, or not worth pushing for, and that we should just move on. This is exactly what happened to Geno supporters, and look where they are now. They were a force to be reckoned with during Brawl's development, but now they're barely even a blip on the radar. Don't let us fall that far. Stay strong, keep pushing no matter the opposition, and stay wary of those who may try to take us apart, and fight back against them. After all, we are space pirates.

And space pirates never falter.

Space pirates stay strong together.

Space pirates never die.

One day, our leader WILL rise.

And as long as at least one of us still stands, one thing will always stand true.

Ridley for Smash Bros.

See you next mission everyone.
Where's Chunky Kong? :p

Anyway, I suppose I'll say my final piece on Ridley.

Ridley's a cool character. I like him. However, I really don't think he'll be in Smash now. Especially not Smash 4. If anything, using the Super Metroid icon on Other Ridley just shows that Sakurai doesn't distinguish the two, as in, Ridley is Ridley. Hence, I don't see an Alfonzo situation or a "Super Metroid Ridley" situation happening at all. No way.

It's a shame, as I think he would be really neat. Maybe in the next Smash game, he'll pull a Villager, Mii or Pac-Man after a sudden Sakurai realization. That's the best hope at this point. I will give the fans this, though. They're persistent, maybe too much for their own good. That being said, barring some of the cringeworthy-er postings, Ridley fans are a nice fanbase over all. A bit headstrong and occasionally over-optimistic? Yes. But good nonetheless. And no matter what, the size argument is ****.

Ridley thread, disengaged.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I'm glad we can have somewhat of a compromise here (especially since you were a "detractor"). Thinking back, we weren't nearly as crazy as I thought when it came to speculation: that shadow indeed behaved weirdly that many correctly attributed to a playable character. I used to kind of scoff at it a bit (the whole shadow analysis I was never a fan of, but after the reveal a couple things about Boss Ridley made me re-think about it), but now I see it differently.
Yeah, definitely. I thought the "shadow analysis" didn't hold any water at all. In terms of speculation, really all the supporters had in their favor were Ridley's behavior and his jerky animations. All the "detractors" had were what they saw as a direct "deconfirmation" from Sakurai. So yeah, the supporters weren't totally off the mark when they noted Ridley's behavior in the Direct, and came to believe that Ridley was playable. I totally understand why they thought that way now.

So I guess this thread's closing? Well, I'll put some final words here. I still strongly disagree with Ridley being playable, as I think it's something that just should not be. Although I'm not totally happy with how he is in the game right now. Like, joining your side if you hit him enough? Not sure how I feel about that. I've had some bad and good times in this thread, although some of the more venomous posts from others still kinda hurt. But I hope I lightened up the place a bit while I was here. And some of you guys gave me good discussion. You guys are nuts over this character, I'll give you guys that. It's okay to disagree and have discussion without being jerk. Neither side deserved rudeness from either side, and hopefully, anyone with hostility left inside of them will rid of it soon. Anyways...peace out, y'all.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Might as well give my last words here. I haven't played a lot of Metroid games and one of the reasons Ridley is/was my second most wanted is because of all the crap his fanbase has to go through. It would of been wonderful seeing him in this game, but eventually we will prevail and he will be in. We just have to make sure Nintendo hears us and makes him playable. It's been a nice two years. See you next Smash.

Last edited:

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why Sakurai would imply that Ridley is a boss for a year and two months. No matter what side of the Ridley debate you're on, you have to admit that Nintendo and Sakurai handled his situation so poorly.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't understand why Sakurai would imply that Ridley is a boss for a year and two months. No matter what side of the Ridley debate you're on, you have to admit that Nintendo and Sakurai handled his situation so poorly.
Sakurai implied that Ridley was a boss for a year and two months because Ridley WAS a boss. Sort of like how he implied that Dark Pit was a playable character for the longest time and he turned out to be a playable character. That is usually what developers do... drop subtle hints to consumers about the content in their product.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
After watching a bunch of trolls raid the thread earlier and the continued onslaught of "lol give up" comments on YouTube (as well as the deterioration of the brain cells of the poor sucker who reads them), it's genuinely heartwarming to have all the cheesy words of encouragement here. Even from people who are stated to disagree with most of us. Why can't Ridley's opponents be more like @ Jerry Applesauce Jerry Applesauce ? Obviously I disagree with your view on the character himself, but at least you offered some sympathy and accepted our opposing viewpoints.

...you know, before now, I've lurked in here every now and then because I love the optimism and the sense of humor the other supporters gave off. You guys took the size BS in stride and made them into jokes (which they were apparently intended to be in the first place), and we're all just as persistent as the big guy himself.

^We have talked before about the business strategy part of that, and I don't think we should be going over it again in the thread's closing moments.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I think most people here are that disappointed for Ridley not being in the game because...SMASH 4 is so...is so AMAZING.
I mean, who cared about Ridley in my fav Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2? ...

Good thing is I will always like the 12 OG Characters from Smash, and thankfully they won't go away.

And see ya next time space cowboy! It was a blast hearing you people talk about it and let us smash in the future together! With our Ridley Mii's ;)

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
I think most people here are that disappointed for Ridley not being in the game because...SMASH 4 is so...is so AMAZING.
I mean, who cared about Ridley in my fav Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2? ...

Good thing is I will always like the 12 OG Characters from Smash, and thankfully they won't go away.

And see ya next time space cowboy! It was a blast hearing you people talk about it and let us smash in the future together! With our Ridley Mii's ;)
*grumbles about Jigglypuff being an artifact*

...What? Oh, nothing.

Did you actually make a Ridley Mii? Now this I gotta see. (I'm expecting it to be more amusing than anything)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i'm not the type for long post so i'll make this quick.Ridley was my number 1 reason for coming to this site.I wanted to find people who shared my love for character and here i found some of the most passionate(and slight crazy) people i have ever had the pleasure of meeting.That's what the ridley thread was about.A bunch of crazy people grasping and hinting at things they may or may not be there and going up and beyond to do things.From Bagan's ridley in Project M and the very funny art and gifs that have came through here(The ridley and roidley stuff and of course the ridley wrestling gif).All great things from fans that supported a character that means a lot to them.

Now to do i think ridley has a change for smash 4.NO.Do i blame sakurai.NO.Should you guys blame sakurai.NO.The game is great has a lot of fun characters and i really can hope for more than that.So ridley this isn't the end.Just goodbye.I'll see in Smash 5/6.R.I.P Ridley and the Ridley thread

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
well i didnt expect this place to be re opened, but i guess since it did, i do have this one crazy theory. now it doesnt have a high chance of happening, but its just something to think about. you know how you can get a point for defeating ridley on the pyrosphere stage? at close notice, the icon for his point is of his brawl model, but his other M model is what is used on pyrosphere. maybe sakurai has brawl ridley planned as DLC? now i know that a lot of you would think it would be hard to make brawl ridley happen to be playable, but this is sakurai we are talking about. i dont believe mewtwo is the only suprise we will be getting just because he is sakurai. what do you all think about this crazy theory?

Last edited:

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
Come on guys! Let us carry this thread to 2000 pages while The Big Guy carries us on his back.

FOR RIDLEY!!!

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Man, I loved drawing baby Ridley murdering different video game characters. Thanks for letting that happen. Sorry for discontinuing that out of nowhere. I will always long for a time where Ridley is a new smasher.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Man, I loved drawing baby Ridley murdering different video game characters. Thanks for letting that happen. Sorry for discontinuing that out of nowhere. I will always long for a time where Ridley is a new smasher.
do you ever plan on continuing the drawings?

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Time to make my final statements in the closing moments of this thread.

It's been a blast fellow space pirates. I really enjoyed my time here in this fine thread. I joined the party late in July, but it feels like I've been with you guys for months. Ridley has been a character I wanted in Smash for quite sometime, but I never felt that close to him until I lurked this thread and I really admired your guys' dedication to getting Ridley into Smash. And that is when I got on board and didn't look back. I don't ever regret joining this fanbase of a very well-known Nintendo villain from a series that is underappreciated compared to other franchises of Nintendo.

You guys welcomed me with open arms. You fellow space pirates had a lot to offer with the art, funny posts, and discussions. We were a resilient bunch even when people kept telling us that we had no chance or the classic "TOO BIG" bull****. Even with the outcome, I do not think at all that this fanbase will die out. It won't be like Geno all over again. Continue to try and prove those who think Ridley will never be a playable character ever in Smash wrong. I ain't gonna let detractors change my stance on Ridley.

This game will be fantastic when I get it for the Wii U. Sakurai has given us a great new title in the Super Smash Bros. series. I like and respect a lot of his choices except for a few of them. It looks absolutely awesome and I can't wait to play Smash 4. Hope to play against some of you online.

Ridley will get his chance someday and I can't wait for that moment when he is revealed as a playable character. Even though it's a long shot, Ridley has a little chance for DLC. I'd like to see it happen despite the low chances. I will continue to support Ridley through thick and thin. As for the dreams of seeing Ridley in Smash as a playable character..

Continue to dream fellow Space Pirates. The dream will happen someday. Space pirates never falter. I'll see some of you in the new social group and for others, hope to see you for Smash 5 speculation or on the battlefield. See you next mission.
Thank you.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So this is it...

Well, I say my last words. It's really funny how things started with me, when I first joined up, the first thing I did outside of post in the introductions thread was post here giving my support to the group. From there, I remained a part of the fanbase, supporting Ridley, arguing his case, and talking to all of you, which made for a great experience. While I haven't been that active since the April direct, and I did greatly doubt his chances since then up until now, I still did want to see him playable and it is disappointing to not see that happen again. It does suck, and I understand how it feels to campaign for so long just for it to not come to a happy end with Smash 4.

Nonetheless, despite all of that, I don't regret the time that I spent here and it's been a fun ride even when things got rough between all of us. I do hope that one day we will see our favorite purple dragon playable, and even if it's not now or DLC or other venues, I will stand by that. Take care you guys, and never give up standing by him!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm going to have say in all fairness, it is unfair Ridley isn't in the 3ds version at all, this is what bothers me the most.

Who knows maybe the fact that Meta-Ridley appears too will actually keep our hopes alive, I'm not buying that Ridley isn't going to be in the 3ds version at all, I think this is being saved for dlc.

I also want to point out that infamous rumor on SSB4 Dojo site about Ridley's rumored trailer is still in play, its still live and has yet to be confirmed a fake, who's to say this isn't just to throw us off about Ridley then we see the surprise trailer out of nowhere, how would you guys react if we saw a trailer of dlc Ridley much like we saw Mewtwo's dlc revealed.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Honestly don't know why Sakurai keeps ignoring the most requested character in the West(that isn't 3rd party). If this was some other developer Ridley would have been playable since Melee/Brawl most likely.

Ridley is a character if playable would generate a ton of interest in smash!

Why does Sakurai hate free money? Unless.... He's saving him for DLC?

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
Pirate Log Book Entry #2

Due to being constrained for time, I need to make this entry brief.

Powers unknown to us have made a decision. Our leader's state of affairs and the corrupted state of our homeworld has pressed these higher powers to exile us from our homeworld. We knew this was coming, and it's just as well. We have moved ourselves to a more secure place. It is well fortified to fend off any attacks from those who constantly pursue us. Yet even so... I feel sadness over the now-official loss of our home.

Alas, my sentimentality is not something that our leader would want. We Pirates are persistent and we hope to focus on the future. I, like them, must continue moving forward. If I focus on the permanent corruption of our homeworld, I won't be able to see what lies ahead, much less be able to seize our destiny.

So... We will move on. We will look ahead. We will take a page out of Xenoblade Chronicles, and seize our destiny together.

- Space Pirate Trooper Raven

Top Bottom