• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh, I see.. Are there any images or hacks of the unused Fake Ridley like there were of the unused Crocomire in Zero Mission, etc.? Like what color is Fake Ridley?
Only sprite.

Fake Ridley can be found in the game's code and is fully functional as an enemy. Dies in 1 shot. I doubt it is possible to make a hack that would add him to the game.
Strange you would think that...
Here it is with most of the layers removed:

This is just Roidley with his palette changed and wings cropped out.
What I'm doing is mostly just a re-texturing. Very little is "added." So if it looks that way, it's only an illusion.
("Hybdridley's" chest does poke out a bit more, but that's mostly just a result of his protruding ribs.)
Besides, it's supposed to look like Roidley to an extent. It's meant to be a hybrid; I'm not trying to completely recreate Ridley from Roidley.
Yeah, it is because of Brawley's chest you added. And the way you recolored his arms make them look bulkier despite them not changing their shape (or at least not noticably). And i know its a hybrid.
You still have to zoom in to even notice him.
And i see nothing in that explosion.

Was it explained why entrance to Ridley's lair looks like this:

And that there is few rocks that look like his head and hands/claws.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I see nothing in the explosion, at all. But then again, my eyesight is horrible.
I don't see anything either. As @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said, it's most likely Charizard, as it appeared earlier in the PotD. And as I said before, Ridley or any other newcomer will not get revealed in anything else that isn't a trailer (a proper reveal). If we straw-grasp this hard, non Ridley supporters will get even more annoyed about us then they even should have.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Only sprite.

Fake Ridley can be found in the game's code and is fully functional as an enemy. Dies in 1 shot. I doubt it is possible to make a hack that would add him to the game.
Maybe they made fake Ridley real so that he could be the boss on Pyrosphere while real Ridley is playable? Maybe, but I doubt it. Personally I don't think there's a boss on pyrosphere and the only reason they teased Ridley on it was because it was his home stage. But hey, could be wrong.

Last edited:

Boomuki

Smash Cadet
NNID
BooMuki
3DS FC
0963-0043-6790
So I had this idea for a Ridley Trailer (edited):
Imagine a dark room were you just see some blinking lights and hear technical sounds (beeps and boops).
Then a concussion in an area nearby, which sets an alarm of, so the room gets lightened by yellow lights (still pretty dark).
It's a laboratory just like this:

but with a twist: Inside the glass isn't a Metroid, but Mewtwo (just like in the first Pokemon movie).
Mewtwo awakens because of the eruption,
looks around, then a big thing crashes trough the ceiling, burning its way through it with fire. Smoke and dust all over the place, yellow glowing eyes shining trough it.

A dark figure in the shadows, nearing the container Mewtwo's in. (Mewtwo is a synonym for the Metroid, Ridley wants to use it's power as a weapon). Mewtwo breaks out of the glass:

Smoke get's blown away by the shockwave Mewtwo creates,
Ridley's visible for the first time:

Fight begins. Imagine it as epic as you wish. However, Ridley gets the edge on Mewtwo,
Mewtwo is still weakened and hasn't regained it's full potential yet. That's when Pikachu makes an
appereance out of nowhere. Pikachu stands protective in front of Mewtwo
(Homage to Brawl's cutscene, but this time Samus isn't the one who has to be protected)

Ridley wants to attack Pikachu,
but gets distracted by yet another fighter that enters the fighting area:

Ridley quickly forgets about Pikachu, wants to kill Samus once and for all. Samus adopts to a fighting stance, Ridley rushes on her. "Ridley... Time to go!" Gameplay footage follows to show Ridley's moves. Footage ends with a climax. Both Samus and Ridley use their Finalsmash. Footage is cut in a way that it looks like they'd use it at the same time. Ultimate hype generated.
omg dude that really is the perfect trailer. its just beautiful.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Maybe they made fake Ridley real so that he could be the boss on Pyrosphere while real Ridley is playable? Maybe, but I doubt it. Personally I don't think there's a boss on pyrosphere and the only reason they teased Ridley on it was because it was his home stage. But hey, could be wrong.
They would need to predict that Sakurai will join them, will decide to make SSB and continue it until we will reach 4th game and Ridley would actually be important by that time and...Yeah, unlikely. If there IS Fake Ridley in this game, i will commit suicide by killing myself with a banana and an apple.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
So I had this idea for a Ridley Trailer (edited):
Imagine a dark room were you just see some blinking lights and hear technical sounds (beeps and boops).
Then a concussion in an area nearby, which sets an alarm of, so the room gets lightened by yellow lights (still pretty dark).
It's a laboratory just like this:

but with a twist: Inside the glass isn't a Metroid, but Mewtwo (just like in the first Pokemon movie).
Mewtwo awakens because of the eruption,
looks around, then a big thing crashes trough the ceiling, burning its way through it with fire. Smoke and dust all over the place, yellow glowing eyes shining trough it.

A dark figure in the shadows, nearing the container Mewtwo's in. (Mewtwo is a synonym for the Metroid, Ridley wants to use it's power as a weapon). Mewtwo breaks out of the glass:

Smoke get's blown away by the shockwave Mewtwo creates,
Ridley's visible for the first time:

Fight begins. Imagine it as epic as you wish. However, Ridley gets the edge on Mewtwo,
Mewtwo is still weakened and hasn't regained it's full potential yet. That's when Pikachu makes an
appereance out of nowhere. Pikachu stands protective in front of Mewtwo
(Homage to Brawl's cutscene, but this time Samus isn't the one who has to be protected)

Ridley wants to attack Pikachu,
but gets distracted by yet another fighter that enters the fighting area:

Ridley quickly forgets about Pikachu, wants to kill Samus once and for all. Samus adopts to a fighting stance, Ridley rushes on her. "Ridley... Time to go!" Gameplay footage follows to show Ridley's moves. Footage ends with a climax. Both Samus and Ridley use their Finalsmash. Footage is cut in a way that it looks like they'd use it at the same time. Ultimate hype generated.
ALL MY YES!

Now that would be the Ultimate trailer!

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Can someone post the actual picture not the gallery

1. there's more than 1 picture with explosions
2. Can't zoom in close enough to see what you're talking about on any of them

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
They would need to predict that Sakurai will join them, will decide to make SSB and continue it until we will reach 4th game and Ridley would actually be important by that time and...Yeah, unlikely. If there IS Fake Ridley in this game, i will commit suicide by killing myself with a banana and an apple.
Yeah I wouldn't worry about fake Ridley being in at all, just one of my stupid thoughts. I mean, there's a reason why it was scrapped in the first place.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
So I was looking at that link that was put up by SmilingMad, and at the end it said that if they wanted they could make a giant Amiibo.

Takashi: And the other thing is we're not putting any restrictions on size. We can make amiibo in a variety of size ranges. We could make a giant one. We could even make a giant robot amiibo (laughs).

So then Ridley confirmed!!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So I was looking at that link that was put up by SmilingMad, and at the end it said that if they wanted they could make a giant Amiibo.

Takashi: And the other thing is we're not putting any restrictions on size. We can make amiibo in a variety of size ranges. We could make a giant one. We could even make a giant robot amiibo (laughs).

Nah. "Giant" is too small for him. It must be even bigger than that.
Soooo...that All_Star pic of the day?

Is there defenetly still chars we dont know about?
Unfortunately, no. Even more unfortunately, we don't definidely know Ridley's role yet.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I'm tired of waiting for his fate they just need to announce it!! Anyways say ridley, mewtwo, and any other villain don't make the cut does that make bowser jr the only new villain. Especially if you exclude wolf that would be terrible.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Can someone post the actual picture not the gallery

1. there's more than 1 picture with explosions
2. Can't zoom in close enough to see what you're talking about on any of them
i have the same problems... i dont see anything and there is 2 pics from today with explosions

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm tired of waiting for his fate they just need to announce it!! Anyways say ridley, mewtwo, and any other villain don't make the cut does that make bowser jr the only new villain. Especially if you exclude wolf that would be terrible.
Honestly, that's why I think we've got the Big 3. One antagonist for each of the core franchises. And Wolf is back as well. Technically Mewtwo isn't a villain, but he could be counted as an antagonist rep.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
You guys aughta know - who made the Ridley Struttin Gif? I wanna credit them in a video

(Don't worry, it isn't another Ridley Debate one ;) )

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You guys aughta know - who made the Ridley Struttin Gif? I wanna credit them in a video

Other M developers. It is from Metroid Other M, his walking animation. It was ripped for this gif by SkinOfTheMoon from deviantArt. I can make a better gif, with normal beak and better textures. And just not that...um...don't remember how it is called...

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

You evil genius you
I love you you
I remember when you posted Rodlie's debate

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Direct's over and [sarcasm]surprise surprise, no Smash reveal [/sarcasm]

Hope we at least get something big Friday, and purple of course.

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound

Ridley isn't a robot, Meta-Ridley on the other hand....

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No smash/ridley hints in the bayonetta direct
As expected. Why did you continue to think there would be when we knew it wouldn't happen and we've been stating this constantly? Its the same thing with the Hyrule Warriors Direct.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

Your video brought up my spirits a while back. Then they left, and came back, and it's been quite a back and forth thing. Still your video was a nice addition to all the info in the second post of this topic. I just hope the speculation about a final five turns out true. If not I'm a little disappointed, even if the roster is ok. How they handled Ridley, only like one new villain rep with Wolf being cut unless you count Pit dressed in black, Dr. Mario getting in over Mewtwo or Ridley? Man I hope we get something soon that proves we've got unknown characters yet. Veteran reveal of Mewtwo would have me goin nuts.

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
Bayonetta is not related to SSB in any way, so, it was impossible. At least Hyrule Warriors had Ganondorf. Its like expecting Bob to eat a cake when he tells you that he wants to drink.
:< i mean maybe it was a nice suprise... Well it's my birthday the 6th so maybe i'll get a gift from sakurai.. a big purple gift^^

Top Bottom