• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Essentially, we're doing to ourselves what the Shulk thread did to themselves with "#MonadoMonday", except we don't even know whether a character's going to be revealed or not.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It's not gonna happen.

If I tell myself it won't happen.

It won't happen.

ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN PLEASE SAKURAI DONT DO IT I DARE YOU DONT DO IT

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
My mind says "no way. They're not gonna reveal anything"

But my heart is saying" Yes. Give in to the hype."

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I remember this board freaking out about the April Direct. And Gamescom. And Comic Con. And E3.

It is possible that Ridley could be revealed, but some of you are investing way to much into this.

Save the freakout for if he actually is confirmed today :p

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Essentially, we're doing to ourselves what the Shulk thread did to themselves with "#MonadoMonday", except we don't even know whether a character's going to be revealed or not.
Thing is no one expects Ridley but us.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
It's going to be Ridley, fellas.

Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog need to be hidden characters...if they weren't the only hidden Newcomers would be clones, which would disappoint many players.

So Ridley is really the ONLY option remaining if Nintendo of America wants to bring the hype.

CHOOCHOOOCHOOO!!!!!!

Hong

The Strongest
Even at the moments of highest hype, I am going to have to ask people to reel this back a bit with the spam. :)

We're Ridley time, all the time, baby.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Supposing this does actually yield fruit: then what?

I'm genuinely curious here. What do we do once we've achieved everything?

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Supposing this does actually yield fruit: then what?

I'm genuinely curious here. What do we do once we've achieved everything?
Cry. Then, after we cry, we rest. It would finally be over, and we would have won.

And then we'd just talk about his moveset and all that stuff.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I keep refreshing the page, and sigh when it loads. If the moment arrives, this place will crash, so every time it loads perfectly is disappointing.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
We need to stop with all of the random stuff, we're going to pierce the 2000 Cap.

With all of this hype, I'm surprised nobody has posted this video yet.
Well, I'm posting it now. Hype.

But seriously, if we pierce the 2000 Cap in the last week and we can't make another thread, I am going to be pissed.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
That's it! THAT'S IT! THIS IS THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK! While I love that Shulk's now playable, the tease at the end just destroyed everything! I'M DONE BEING TEASED ABOUT RIDLEY! I'm done waiting a whole year for his confirmation, I'm done speculating about the shadow, AND I'M DONE TRYING TO DEFEND A FANBASE WHOM I'M STARTING TO BELIEVE DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE IT!!!

It's over!

Sakurai dislikes the Ridley fans!

You guys dared to speculate in the gloomiest of situations, and you end up getting punished for it!

Sakurai hates this fanbase! You've all been supporting a lost cause for fifteen years!

RIDLEY IS TOO BIG, AFTER ALL!!!!!!! :mad:

My spirit is too worn out to wait any longer...I've officially lost all hope. I can't keep believing any longer. I blame Alax and @aldelaro5 for luring me into ever helping you guys! I should've stopped believing him when he believed Paper Mario had a chance because of a stage.

All you can do now is pray that you're right, and that I'm wrong. As for me...I'm done supporting Ridley. You had your chance, and judging from your aggressive behavior, I don't think you've earned it yet. I wish you good luck that the bully detractors don't storm here with "I told you so" when the full roster is revealed.

*shuts my eyes tightly. I hesitate for a second, but I then jump head-first into the river of splounge water*

And thus, history repeats itself...so much for justice. :crying:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
All the metroid characters other than Adam's team must be in Smash. If not, I will be Sakurai's successor for SSB series. Where, Samus, ZZS, Ridley, Kraid, Dark Samus, MotherBrain, A Metroid, and Crocomire will all be playable!

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
You guys are making me reach maximum hype capacity!!!!

I hope this doesn't blow in our faces

Top Bottom