• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What do you think about my theory of a Ridley/Ness trailer this week?

Either we're getting a direct or a JUST A TRAILER.
I think everyone is forgetting another game that released on August 26th, 2002 in North America.
'Tis an Amazing game.
Super Mario SUNSHINE, BIZNATCHES!
Ness/Ridley/Bowser Jr. trailer still confirmed. *keeps straw grasping*
EDIT: Ohwait, Bowser Jr. exists.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

These are the two we should be looking at, people. The Smash Bros. Direct 10 days or so before release. Exactly the way Ganondorf was revealed for Hyrule Warriors.

I think we'll get a newcomer alongside Ness this week, but not Ridley.
Other M is too predictbale of an anniversary for Sakurai.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I think we'll get a newcomer alongside Ness this week, but not Ridley.
Lack of conviction detected. Please wash your neck and wait in your assigned cubicle for the sentence from High Command. :evil:

"Realistic" or not, We have three important anniversaries this very week, plus one not so important one that supports getting any trailer at all. We're in this week, five days, our worst-case scenario should be a trailer/Direct being announced for next week. For the sake of morale, yeah?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
You guys! Only three more weeks 'till we know the final roster and only 15 Potd left before the Ridley-debate will come to an end. Maybe even sooner!

I've had it to be honest and I'm ready yo.

classix410

Smash Cadet
Sakurai could reveal no new characters this week....I don't put it pass him.
Or he could surprise us no telling .....hard to predict with this guy.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Lack of conviction detected. Please wash your neck and wait in your assigned cubicle for the sentence from High Command. :evil:
Oh, please. I've been one of the most dead-set supporters in here. I'm one of only a few who didn't even crack a shimmer of doubt with the big magazine and translation misunderstandings. Ridley is GOING to be in the game. Period.

We're just not learning about him until right before release.

"Realistic" or not, We have three important anniversaries this very week, plus one not so important one that supports getting any trailer at all. We're in this week, five days, our worst-case scenario should be a trailer/Direct being announced for next week. For the sake of morale, yeah?
We're getting a Direct this week, and it is going to reveal a different newcomer. Likely Shulk or Isaac (both of whom are RPG characters who would fit well with Ness). Impa as the next possibility (because of the trophy tease). Ridley will come on the 2nd or 3rd, the anniversary of the most recent game, and the final reveal directly before the release of Smash 4.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
http://imgur.com/a/xWSQc
Asking again because I'm worried.

The writing in these scans, were they written by developers?
Specifically this:
"1. It's a stage surrounded by scorching heat and lava. It's a relatively simple layout with one main floating platform with a few smaller platforms above it, but there seems to be the shadow of "something" giant...? 2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage."
Seriously, what the **** is this?
It's just writer mumble jumble don't worry about it.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
You guys! Only three more weeks 'till we know the final roster and only 15 Potd left before the Ridley-debate will come to an end. Maybe even sooner!

I've had it to be honest and I'm ready yo.
I can feel the debate ending this week. I CAN FEEL IT.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I think this is it:

Metroid (August 6th 1986 JP, August 15th 1987 NA)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (August 26th, 1991 NA)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (August 27th, 2007 NA)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (August 24, 2009 NA)
Metroid: Other M (August 31st, 2010 NA)

I took it from the bottom of the 2nd post in this topic.

Obvious credit where it is due.

Also, I apologize if I offended anyone earlier since I tend to word things very poorly at times. If things don't work out for Ridley, we can always do things like write to them (we could all come up with some sort of base letter like Operation Rainfall did in the past).
I think the 26th would probably be it.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Oh, please. I've been one of the most dead-set supporters in here. I'm one of only a few who didn't even crack a shimmer of doubt with the big magazine and translation misunderstandings. Ridley is GOING to be in the game. Period.

We're getting a Direct this week, and it is going to reveal a different newcomer. Likely Shulk or Isaac (both of whom are RPG characters who would fit well with Ness). Impa as the next possibility (because of the trophy tease). Ridley will come on the 2nd or 3rd, the anniversary of the most recent game, and the final reveal directly before the release of Smash 4.
Robin was not revealed on the anniversary of the most recent game, neither was falcon, nor mac. Trailers don't have a theme, they just work around the characters in it. Isaac (I'm not sure, if I'm wrong tell me) or shulk has an anniversary this week. Ridley and ness do.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Metroid II's anniversary? I dunno, it's one out of three Metroid games where Ridley actually doesn't appear in, might aswell wait one day then for Prime 3's anniversary if anything where he appears as a boss twice.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Metroid II's anniversary? I dunno, it's one out of three Metroid games where Ridley actually doesn't appear in, might aswell wait one day then for Prime 3's anniversary if anything where he appears as a boss twice.
In that case, the 30th? That'd make sense, with Other M that came out then and everything.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
In that case, the 30th? That'd make sense, with Other M that came out then and everything.
In the US. When it makes so much more sense to do it on the 2nd, the Japanese release date, which also lets them use it as a final reveal bomb before launch.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Ridley beliebers and toobigots are like two armies who fought relentlessly for a whole year, and now they're both exhausted, maimed, dead. Nobody won. Only a person still stands: Sakurai.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Other M is too predictbale of an anniversary for Sakurai.
Ike was revealed on May 23rd. That is the US Release Date of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. (Ike had nothing to do with that game, oddly).

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlvophYIQ

Nothing is entirely out of the question yet, even release dates that aren't Japanese. I'd go to say anything's possible now. It's Sakurai's last chance to blow everyone away, and what better way than with Ridley.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ridley beliebers and toobigots are like two armies who fought relentlessly for a whole year, and now they're both exhausted, maimed, dead. Nobody won. Only a person still stands: Sakurai.
What? No, we're still fighting! See? Swing swoosh pew argue! Ur moma lole!!! Not too big!!!
...Was that convincing enough?

Also, both 27th and 31th seem very likely. Let's just hope they go and announce that damn direct already. Just about anything would help right now.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
In the US. When it makes so much more sense to do it on the 2nd, the Japanese release date, which also lets them use it as a final reveal bomb before launch.
Editing this again. PAL release date on the 3rd makes the most sense. 10 days before release, and one month before US release. That's when we're most likely to get the final Smash Bros. Direct. Which will end with the Ridley trailer.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ike was revealed on May 23rd. That is the US Release Date of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. (Ike had nothing to do with that game, oddly).

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlvophYIQ

Nothing is entirely out of the question yet, even release dates that aren't Japanese. I'd go to say anything's possible now. It's Sakurai's last chance to blow everyone away, and what better way than with Ridley.
I can feel the debate ending this week. I CAN FEEL IT.

*ahem*
I think everyone is forgetting another game that released on August 26th, 2002 in North America.
'Tis an Amazing game.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
What? No, we're still fighting! See? Swing swoosh pew argue! Ur moma lole!!! Not too big!!!
...Was that convincing enough?

Also, both 27th and 31th seem very likely. Let's just hope they go and announce that damn direct already. Just about anything would help right now.
Reggie still needs to convince Sakurai to do the ALS Ice Bucket challenge with him so it can be all the funnier when the Ice Climbers get confirmed.

As part of $20 Cut Veteran DLC pack released for 3DS when the Wii U version launched.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
'Tis an Amazing game.
EDIT: Ohwait, Bowser Jr. exists.
Yes, we did forget about it. For very good reason.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Anywhere from 7 to 13 years.
I just need to remind everyone here of how much hype he caused when people saw him in the Melee Intro at E3.

All of that is for Ridley. All of it. And then everyone was let down.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I just need to remind everyone here of how much hype he caused when people saw him in the Melee Intro at E3.

I can't wait the hear the reaction when that splash art comes down making a size joke

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

I'm pretty sure a lot of it was the fact Metroid had been completely snubbed in the N64 era, and people worried Metroid was going to be shelved. By extension there was worry she'd never be back in a potential Smash Bros sequel.

Then again, the surprise of Samus coming back AND Ridley being a newcomer (Or so it seemed) would have bee overall pretty hype too.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm pretty sure a lot of it was the fact Metroid had been completely snubbed in the N64 era, and people worried Metroid was going to be shelved. By extension there was worry she'd never be back in a potential Smash Bros sequel.

Then again, the surprise of Samus coming back AND Ridley being a newcomer (Or so it seemed) would have bee overall pretty hype too.
I dids not hear anything when samus showed up, only Rodlie

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I remember a guy on Miiverse who says he's gonna be right about Ridley being a boss because he predicted :4pacman: and :4tlink:........ Okay, I can understand Pac-Man, but I'm calling bull--:mad088: on Toon Link!

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Robin wasn't revealed on any Fire Emblem anniversary.
But I believe that Ike was announced on the anniversary of Fire Emblem - Sacred Stones....even though Ike was not in the game.

Tsk.....Got :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
I dids not hear anything when samus showed up, only Rodlie
That was the delay between seeing Samus on screen and it clicking in their minds that "OH BALLS THEY ACTUALLY KEPT SAMUS AND OH WOW METROID GOT RIDLEY TOO!"

Samus was just as hype as Ridley in that trailer taking Metroid's being ignored for years into account.

Top Bottom