• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
We ARE getting a Nintendo Direct this week, that is a fact, Sakurai emailed me and told me. (I'm still certain that we are though, being one of the later weeks of August and the majority of Metroid Anniversaries are this week. (I think, can I get a list of all the Metroid Anniversaries?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I do have a good feeling for the upcoming week (in relationship to Ridley)... i don't know why.. that feeling suddenly came across me
Be sure to keep up the hype level. I'm expecting this to be one of the worst weeks for the Ridley crowd. This is likely the week we get a general Nintendo Direct, and we're going to go through the entire thing and still get no Ridley.

I still think he's being saved for the final reveal right before release. The teasing has gone on too long to break earlier, at this point.

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
We ARE getting a Nintendo Direct this week, that is a fact, Sakurai emailed me and told me. (I'm still certain that we are though, being one of the later weeks of August and the majority of Metroid Anniversaries are this week. (I think, can I get a list of all the Metroid Anniversaries?

I think this is it:

Metroid (August 6th 1986 JP, August 15th 1987 NA)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (August 26th, 1991 NA)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (August 27th, 2007 NA)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (August 24, 2009 NA)
Metroid: Other M (August 31st, 2010 NA)

I took it from the bottom of the 2nd post in this topic.

Obvious credit where it is due.

Also, I apologize if I offended anyone earlier since I tend to word things very poorly at times. If things don't work out for Ridley, we can always do things like write to them (we could all come up with some sort of base letter like Operation Rainfall did in the past).

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
We're getting a reveal this week, probably on wednesday with Prime 3's release or Other M, UGH

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
This week would be the most appropriate timing for a Ridley reveal, I think~
With August 27th as the 20th anniversary of Mother 2 (aka: EarthBound)? I don't think so. It's certainly a far more important anniversary than Prime 3's US release.

If they were going to reveal Ridley on an anniversary, it would have likely been August 6th. They're saving him for the final reveal right before the end.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
With August 27th as the 20th anniversary of Mother 2 (aka: EarthBound)? I don't think so. It's certainly a far more important anniversary than Prime 3's US release.

If they were going to reveal Ridley on an anniversary, it would have likely been August 6th. They're saving him for the final reveal right before the end.
Robin wasn't revealed on the first fire emblem anniversary, but one of them, Falcon was on X's anniversary

RIDLEY/NESS TRAILER CONFIRMED!

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
The "This week we have a Nintendo Direct" is it confirmed/real or you are just guessing it xDD? Source?
Anyways, anniversaries have been both "revealing" and not revealing days in previous characters, so that could mean nothing xD

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Considering the last trailer matched some F-Zero and Fire Emblem anniversaries, we should expect a Mother/Metroid trailer now. And we all know what that means.

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
If Ridley were going to be revealed on an anniversary, it would've been the NES Metroid one. Now I think he'll just be revealed on some random day.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
If Ridley were going to be revealed on an anniversary, it would've been the NES Metroid one. Now I think he'll just be revealed on some random day.
I'm going to repeat myself good sir.

Robin wasn't revealed on the first fire emblem anniversary, but one of them, Falcon was on X's anniversary

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

In that case, a reveal on the 2nd of September (anniversary of Other M) would still be more likely than the 27th. It is not an important enough anniversary, Prime 3 had already released in Japan. They've bypassed so many important anniversaries so far. I don't think they're going to drop Ridley on one.

Last edited:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
This week would be the most appropriate timing for a Ridley reveal, I think~
Skyblade12's point is excellent too, but since this is the last week for an August Direct (of some kind), I have no true idea what will happen but this is a nice time for Ridley regardless...unless they want to go to September 1 or something.

I really don't want that much of a wait - I'd prefer it nearer the other non-Other M anniversaries myself.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538

If that trailer were to happen, it would be the most hype thing for Smash 4. Ness fighting Samus, but then Ridley appears and they have to team up and take him down! I can't contain my excitement!!!

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
I think Ridley if he is revealed before the Release, He'll be revealed This week with Ness, and Possibly Lucas Too(Still Hoping he isn't cut.)

I think Ness Vs. Ridley, or Falco Vs. Ridley Would be cool though, as a way of killing two birds with one stone.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Ike had A LOT of anniversary dates to be revealed, including his own games and the release of FE in the West and he was revealed on a random date, so anniversaries dont mean revealing xDDD.

And after this I guess you are just guessing there will be a direct, there hasnt been any offical announcement of it.

Anyways, since Ridley´s design in this game is probably going to be Other M one, they could pick those dates; plus Other M was loved in Japan and "hated" in the West, while Prime was loved by everybody. They have potential dates around here xD

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If that trailer were to happen, it would be the most hype thing for Smash 4. Ness fighting Samus, but then Ridley appears and they have to team up and take him down! I can't contain my excitement!!!
No, the most hype thing that could happen is the Ridley/Mewtwo trailer. Which we're getting right before release.

In fact, I had predicted that reveal in a Smash Bros. Direct on the 3rd, but I think putting it on the 2nd, the anniversary of Other M (as much as its hated) may be a bit more likely. Still right before release. Still best timing.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Except that the US is the one that cares about Metroid.
That's besides the point. It wasn't the debut anniversary of the game. The game isn't the latest one in the series. And the anniversary isn't as important to the series as some of the others that they have already skipped.

Again, I think the 2nd is way more likely if we're getting an anniversary reveal at all.

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Ike had A LOT of anniversary dates to be revealed, including his own games and the release of FE in the West and he was revealed on a random date, so anniversaries dont mean revealing xDDD.

And after this I guess you are just guessing there will be a direct, there hasnt been any offical announcement of it.

Anyways, since Ridley´s design in this game is probably going to be Other M one, they could pick those dates; plus Other M was loved in Japan and "hated" in the West, while Prime was loved by everybody. They have potential dates around here xD
Yes indeed. I don't personally think Other M was loved anywhere though. It wasn't a bad attempt to make that movie they always wanted, but it just didn't work out.

And welcome to the topic and the boards! The water is...evil. We don't drink it. We throw it at Adam Malkovich.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

Anniversaries hold ground for newcomers and veterans in newcomer trailers
Robin/Cpt falcon
Little Mac
Ridley/Ness?

EDIT:
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~
Wasn't the latest or the first fire emblem game.
Prime 3 wasn't the first nor the latest Metroid game.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Actually, Other M wasn't even received well in Japan, it was targetted more towards the eastern audience than the western but in the end failed to please both parts.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
There was no Fire Emblem anniversary on July 14th, guys. An F-Zero one, yes. But not one for any Fire Emblem game.

andimidna

Smash Master
http://imgur.com/a/xWSQc
Asking again because I'm worried.

The writing in these scans, were they written by developers?
Specifically this:
"1. It's a stage surrounded by scorching heat and lava. It's a relatively simple layout with one main floating platform with a few smaller platforms above it, but there seems to be the shadow of "something" giant...? 2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage."
Seriously, what the **** is this?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Specifically this:
"1. It's a stage surrounded by scorching heat and lava. It's a relatively simple layout with one main floating platform with a few smaller platforms above it, but there seems to be the shadow of "something" giant...? 2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage."
It's exactly the same tease that we've already gotten from the developers. There is no way in heck the magazine would be allowed to reveal what actually goes on in that stage after the year of silence from Sakurai.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
There was no Fire Emblem anniversary on July 14th, guys. An F-Zero one, yes. But not one for any Fire Emblem game.
Not the 14th when the trailer aired here, but today is tomorrow japan, the fire emblem game was released on the 15th. So that would have made it the 15th.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I think this is it:

Metroid (August 6th 1986 JP, August 15th 1987 NA)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (August 26th, 1991 NA)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (August 27th, 2007 NA)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (August 24, 2009 NA)
Metroid: Other M (August 31st, 2010 NA)

I took it from the bottom of the 2nd post in this topic.

Obvious credit where it is due.

Also, I apologize if I offended anyone earlier since I tend to word things very poorly at times. If things don't work out for Ridley, we can always do things like write to them (we could all come up with some sort of base letter like Operation Rainfall did in the past).
I wrote that :). There are more anniversaries I missed, namely in September, but nobody bothered to edit the second post with the fixed information.

There's even a Japanese release in there. Sure, it's from a not so well received game, but Ridley could still use that game's design. Here:

Anniversaries until Japanese Release

NA - Metroid - August 15
NA - Return - August 26
NA - Other M - August 31
NA - Corruption - August 27
NA - Trilogy - August 24
JP - Other M - September 2
PAL - Other M - September 3
EU - Trilogy - September 4

Ignore the missed anniversaries where necessary.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

Specifically this:
It's a magazine article. The writer knows nothing that we don't already know, and if he does, he's got devs reading over his shoulders to make sure he doesn't spill anything they don't want getting out.

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I wrote that :). There are more anniversaries I missed, namely in September, but nobody bothered to edit the second post with the fixed information.

There's even a Japanese release in there. Sure, it's from a not so well received game, but Ridley could still use that game's design. Here:
What do you think about my theory of a Ridley/Ness trailer this week?

Either we're getting a direct or a JUST A TRAILER.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
JP - Other M - September 2
PAL - Other M - September 3

These are the two we should be looking at, people. The Smash Bros. Direct 10 days or so before release. Exactly the way Ganondorf was revealed for Hyrule Warriors.

I think we'll get a newcomer alongside Ness this week, but not Ridley.

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
No one word/liner posts

These are the two we should be looking at, people. The Smash Bros. Direct 10 days or so before release. Exactly the way Ganondorf was revealed for Hyrule Warriors.

I think we'll get a newcomer alongside Ness this week, but not Ridley.
Boo

Top Bottom