• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
If ridley gets announced soon, I believe it would be appropriate for smashboards to have his render up at the top alongside some other characters like brawl snake a PM mewtwo. Thoughts/ideas?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh yeah I heard about that, it's shaping up to be a pretty good ps4 exclusive, I might just buy the console for it.
That information is fake. It was confirmed by Ridley that "Those Playstation and XBox f**kers won`t get that Nintendo masterpiece while i am still alive and even after that!". I guess that is because he is a Nintendo guy that hates anything not Nintendo. It will have an VUSMHD (Very Ultra Super Maximum HD) port to a new console called "Ridley Entertaining System", which will sell rather well because it is developed by Ridley and his science team. Again. It will cost A LOT, but you will still buy it for a single game because Ridley can sell games without failing even once. You know why. And it doesn`t includes some kind of mind-controlling or explosive device made to kill humans. Nope. That is just nonsense.
If ridley gets announced soon, I believe it would be appropriate for smashboards to have his render up at the top alongside some other characters like brawl snake a PM mewtwo. Thoughts/ideas?
Alongside them? He will cover the entire background AND THE PAGE ITSELF. And it will be just his eye. You won`t even see them.
Jokes aside, i think his render will appear in that render at the top. And that will be glorious.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who LOVES Roidley? I think his chances are so high now because of his Other M design. I've become a Ridley supporter but I will admit I just could not see them shrinking down skeleton Ridley very well (geez just look at that neck). Roidley on the other hand is perfect for being shrunk.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Am I the only one who LOVES Roidley? I think his chances are so high now because of his Other M design. I've become a Ridley supporter but I will admit I just could not see them shrinking down skeleton Ridley very well (geez just look at that neck). Roidley on the other hand is perfect for being shrunk.
I don't hate Roidly though i'd take super metroid ridley or conceptly over him any day.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Also, Ridley would make a game where you fight hoards of Samus;s/Samusi/whatever
There is Samus clones used in that game and all of them die horribly during cutscenes and gameplay. It makes Mortal Kombat look like a kiddy show. But that game has rating of E (Everyone). Why? Lets just say Ridley knows what to do to archieve something like that...
No, you are not the only one. I like it too and would like it more if his jaws would point down/his beak would be bent down, not up, like it always was, and would just be shorter, his feet would be more like classic Ridley`s and his textures would be darker. Then it would be perfect to me.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've grown to like Other M Ridley over the months of being here. It helps that he has a more humanoid body plan than the other Ridley incarnations, which might make it easier for him to transition into becoming a Smash fighter.

size compare mk2-A.png

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Me! Mememe! I like Roidley too! Me!

Morbi

Scavenger
I agree with this sentiment, I do not hate any form of Ridley and Roidley is not a bad design in the slightest. I understand why people prefer the more traditional design, but there is something magical about Roidley as well. Perhaps it is the duck-face.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC is the main reason why I like Roidley. So adorable. :)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I've grown to like Other M Ridley over the months of being here. It helps that he has a more humanoid body plan than the other Ridley incarnations, which might make it easier for him to transition into becoming a Smash fighter.

View attachment 20243
I think this picture needs to be shown to people who say he wouldn't work in Smash. You can't tell me that doesn't look right! It looks so perfect. He keeps his menacing look, which is something a lot of people had a problem with when shrinking him down.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I sense a smash direct among us.
soon

I think this picture needs to be shown to people who say he wouldn't work in Smash. You can't tell me that doesn't look right! It looks so perfect. He keeps his menacing look, which is something a lot of people had a problem with when shrinking him down.
believe me, that picture has been shown to people who say he wouldn't work in Smash. its just that people still don't believe he would work in Smash :/

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Samus is still at chest height when he's crouched. While standing up she stares at his belly button.
Well, if he had one anyway.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I agree with this sentiment, I do not hate any form of Ridley and Roidley is not a bad design in the slightest. I understand why people prefer the more traditional design, but there is something magical about Roidley as well. Perhaps it is the duck-face.
I like the design of his wings, personally.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I watched the SSE cutscenes yesterday (because bordom), and I saw him.

The hype is real fellas.
I just rewatched the Ridley ones after you posted them and wow, I definitely wouldn't mind a trailer like that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I despised Roidley until Pyrosphere was revealed, at which point I came to realize it's not about which Ridley design gets in, it's about getting Ridley in as a character at all. I still think Roidley would be the coolest character on the roster by the end of the day, and he's not even my least favorite Ridley design either (Ridley-X, eww), so while I vastly prefer the classic SM and ZM designs I'm okay with the Roidley design now.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I despised Roidley until Pyrosphere was revealed, at which point I came to realize it's not about which Ridley design gets in, it's about getting Ridley in as a character at all. I still think Roidley would be the coolest character on the roster by the end of the day, and he's not even my least favorite Ridley design either (Ridley-X, eww), so while I vastly prefer the classic SM and ZM designs I'm okay with the Roidley design now.
Methinks a hybrid/

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Are you kidding? I feel like that Other M scene butchered Samus' bad@ssery, and I STILL want Roidly over any other form! Althought, they should still give him a Super Metroid alt for nostalgia sake, even if it means his neck gets scrawnier.

Then again, wherever there's no Mewtwo, there's Project M for Wii U. They're the true costume experts, so maybe we can leave it to them! ....That's if there will be a Project M for Wii U.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
We've all seen what occurs when Ridley is mapped to Charizard's skeleton. But what happens if Ridley is mapped to Roidley?

If we get Ridley, we get alternate costumes. What are the chances of classic Ridley and Meta-Ridley showing up?

Meta Ridley would so be my alt costume of choice.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We've all seen what occurs when Ridley is mapped to Charizard's skeleton. But what happens if Ridley is mapped to Roidley?

If we get Ridley, we get alternate costumes. What are the chances of classic Ridley and Meta-Ridley showing up?

Meta Ridley would so be my alt costume of choice.
I think the other Ridley designs have waaaaay too different proportions to Roidley. The arms, the neck, the tail blade, the jaw, they all cause hitbox problems.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think the other Ridley designs have waaaaay too different proportions to Roidley. The arms, the neck, the tail blade, the jaw, they all cause hitbox problems.
It's been said it's a hybrid/combination though. So possibility still exists?

Even if the model can't change, though, we can at least get color schemes reminiscent of his various forms.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
still think Roidley would be the coolest character on the roster by the end of the day, and he's not even my least favorite Ridley design either (Ridley-X, eww)

SAY THAT AGAIN
I DARE YOU
ILL F
[ridley no]ING CHEW YOUR GO[ridley stop that]AMN FACE OFF AND MUTILATE YOUR CORPSE WITH MY F[for gods sake]ING TAIL

He looks so angry I love it :love:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It's been said it's a hybrid/combination though. So possibility still exists?

Even if the model can't change, though, we can at least get color schemes reminiscent of his various forms.
Alternate costumes seem to be better this time around, so Sakurai could make some cool alts for Ridley if he really tried without screwing up hitboxes.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
If you want Ridley like you said in the video, then you're in for almost as sweet of a suprise as Oasis is.
I legitimately do. Way too many people took my stance as me hating the character and that is simply not the case (hence why I made the video).

I have to say though, the comment section in that video is atrocious, haha. On the other hand, the vitriol being spewed by some of the people in this thread in response to it is way funnier to read.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I legitimately do. Way too many people took my stance as me hating the character and that is simply not the case (hence why I made the video).

I have to say though, the comment section in that video is atrocious, haha. On the other hand, the vitriol being spewed by some of the people in this thread in response to it is way funnier to read.
Personally I love aldero's response. It is a tease directed at a fanbase (the boss thingie).

Last edited:

iiPandie

Smash Rookie
I love Roidley too! Just maybe a few smash alterations though very little ones and I think he would be perfect then. C: :estatic:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

SAY THAT AGAIN
I DARE YOU
ILL F
[ridley no]ING CHEW YOUR GO[ridley stop that]AMN FACE OFF AND MUTILATE YOUR CORPSE WITH MY F[for gods sake]ING TAIL

He looks so angry I love it :love:
-u- Then you are going to like this (really OLD) drawing of mine...

282937_387011214713787_476682982_n.jpg

It was the very first time I drew that form....

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

I don't think many of us appreciate "Ridley trolls."

Top Bottom