• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
After finally reading through this entire thread, I think I'm ready to join the Ridley Train. Hi guys!

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
After finally reading through this entire thread, I think I'm ready to join the Ridley Train. Hi guys!
You read through the entire 1241 pages!?

That takes dedication.

Welcome to the SPlounge, fellow Space Pirate! Don't drink the water.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
You...
You...
Y-y-y-y-you...whaaaa~?
Ohmygodhowdidyousurvive?

Welcome aboard the space pirate ship.
Ridley is the Cunning God of Death and is our Lord and savior and our captain.
He welcomes anyone who can muster as much dedication as you have!

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ok that Brawl Ridley Theme needs to return, you know in Subspace Emmasary, when Ridley appeared and that music started playing, I just started head banging and Air guitaring.

Even now I still head bag and air guitar that song everytime I play on the Frigate Orpheon stage.

Me listening to Ridley's Theme in Brawl.

Who better to bring that theme back then seeing Ridley appear as a newcomer.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Sorry, but every time I hear about that, I just think:

"I Ridley, will KNOCK you all down!"

Andrea, SchAlternate, get on it. Replace Garland with Roidley or something, and Ridley is coaching him on how to give evil, awesome speeches, and he flubs it up.
22A571_0DABF65BC17E0_000.gif

Ridley: "DO YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT I COULD TEACH SOMETHING TO THIS ******** MASS OF MUSCLES?! OF COURSE NOT!"

Roidley: "Ooohhh, claw!"

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
Megalon rocks!

Here's the music for those who don't know it.
All i remember from that theme is how scared as **** i was when i went into the Pirate research facillity in Phendrana Drifts and the lights went all out, and also how no matter where i went in phazon mines, space pirates were everywhere

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You read through the entire 1241 pages!?

That takes dedication.

Welcome to the SPlounge, fellow Space Pirate! Don't drink the water.
I've read through both of social threads, and the Miiverse thread. The Ridley thread wasn't that bad. I'm a fast reader.

And I won't drink the water.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Gotta admit, if Ghirahim ends up in the game as a playable character and yet Ridley still isn't, I would be saltier than the Dead Sea.

I mean, of course Metroid would be the only franchise out of the "Trophy Quiz" theory to not get a playable character.
Well, of course. Metroid is all about isolation after all. Thus, it is natural for the Metroid franchise to be the isolated exception from for not obtaining a newcomer :troll:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC Hmm. Perhaps I shall draw something for this thread too, someday. Thanks for the inspiration.
@ Turokman5896 Turokman5896 You love it, but do you ... believe it?
Concerning the topic: I hope Ridley does not receive a strange wing flap for an up smash.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So how would you guys feel if Ridley's reveal trailer started with Anthony Higgs on the Pyrosphere, seemingly confirming him as a playable character, until Ridley shows up and swats him like a fly?

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
So how would you guys feel if Ridley's reveal trailer started with Anthony Higgs on the Pyrosphere, seemingly confirming him as a playable character, until Ridley shows up and swats him like a fly?
Atleast Nintendo remembered him.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I believe BaganSmashBros made an Other M Ridley MUGEN character and gave him Garland from Dissidia Final Fantasy's voice. I think it's rather fitting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOP2daStRlY
christopher sabat, known best for his dragonball z roles, i think... does garland's voice.

so that ridley has the same wonderful voice applied to him that also does piccolo and vegeta's from DBZ.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Nothing has happened whatsoever. There's more filler than naruto on this thread, and I love it.
More filler than like Naruto and Inuyasha combined when you put it that way.

Welcome brethren!
Whoops, wrong thread:smirk:
I guess this would be the closest thing to Ridley's version of "One of us".

That happening with Anthony there is a fate I wouldn't wish even on my worst enemy (well, if I had one). The other way around (a trailer starting with Ridley floating around on Pyrosphere followed by someone saying "Remember me?" as they blast Ridley out of the sky with a big plasma gun) could always happen too for all we know, since it's Sakurai we're talking about here.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
You read through all the pages?!

Bro, I made post 2 so that you don't have to do that lol.

But whatever floats your boat

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
OK. There are many things to address! Firstly, I think I would prefer if Ridley appeared in a trailer as a surprise. I remember the first SSB4 video. I was dissapointed in the first few seconds, since it so blatantly advertised the Animal Crossing character. But, if a video did focus on the Pyrosphere like that, it should grant the "uh oh, is it happening?!" feeling to us.
@ ZeroJinKui ZeroJinKui DANG! I wanted to type "Just imagine someone who sounds like Piccolo" when I summarized Garland's voice a few posts back. Imagine my behavior as I read that Garland was actually voiced by the person who voiced Piccolo!!! I merely thought Garland sounded like Piccolo! Such a surprise is not easily formed! Thank you for sharing that! WOW.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You could have used that time to read something more worthwhile, like The Lord of the Rings or the Odyssey.

But I suppose this thread is already kind of like a classical epic, so congratulations on that effort.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
OK. There are many things to address! Firstly, I think I would prefer if Ridley appeared in a trailer as a surprise. I remember the first SSB4 video. I was dissapointed in the first few seconds, since it so blatantly advertised the Animal Crossing character. But, if a video did focus on the Pyrosphere like that, it should grant the "uh oh, is it happening?!" feeling to us.
One of the reasons the E3 '06 Brawl trailer was better than the E3 '13 Smash 4 trailer (the Villager half). It was still pretty hype worthy, though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I had another dream about Ridley in Smash 4, and a cool idea that spawned from it was that you could angle his down-air tail stab like you can angle some F-Smashes.

The not so cool idea from it was that his tongue was replaced by the blade of a purple and green axe for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@ Game&Watcher Game&Watcher It feels like a difficult choice though. But, I think we will all know what a video would entail if it begins in a Metroid area. The looming confirmation would seem too telegraphed.
@ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees Heheh. Your dream provided a fun idea, unlike my last SSB dream. I mainly remember Wolf throwing large, rectangular, poisonous, metal things.

domokl

Smash Lord
i dont know how much i would cry inside if the trailer seems like it would reveal ridley then athony blasts him. my heart would break into a million peices.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Worse is how we would never hear the end of it from certain people (in addition to the action being defended by the Sakurai white knights), and it would no doubt become a meme to torment the Ridleybase during SSB6 speculation and beyond in the form of gif's with Ridley getting blasted, etc.

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I cannot fathom what kind of a trailer could possibly match the anticipation so many SSB players feel. One would think, of all times, an unveiling should have happened at e3! Perhaps it will not be a trailer or video at all. Something this valued may warrant the most grand experience Nintendo will attempt yet.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Remembered Another Day.png

"I suppose I'll be remembered another day.."

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
*reads posts*
Man...now I know how poor Phaazoid feels like :c
There is so much (circumstantial) evidence, yet it's still so...uncertain. I feel I'll probably get disappointed...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The thought of Samus and Anthony teaming up/doing the "On my mark!" thing is actually kind of neat. Especially if it were against Ridley.

And y'know, was PTSD-free.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
http://youtu.be/DtkyKr1CeuY?t=1h26m28s japan time y u do this to me about ridley
He came here with a pre-set mindset that Ridley had no chance of being playable end of, it was pointless even trying to convince him the the 1st place it seems

He's a stage hazard and he's too big. That's really it.

To be completely honest, my mind is pretty much made up. I'm sure that Ridley won't be playable in the next game. With that being said, I am absolutely not opposed to him showing up since Metroid is my favorite single player franchise of all time and the more Metroid reps, the better. I legitimately want to be wrong, haha.

Top Bottom