• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return of Wavedashing? Perfect Pivoting Might Be Just That

Is this a big deal?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 684 45.8%
  • Not sure yet.

Votes: 538 36.0%
  • No.

Votes: 165 11.0%
  • Who turns items off?

Votes: 107 7.2%

• Total voters

DeGreatEvon

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeGreatEvon
Hopefully this will have some good uses. It would stink if Sakurai patched it out!

♥ Rd0Lg ♥

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rider0fLightning
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
I've used it quite a lot with Samus d-smash to punish attacks that push you to far to do regular stuff OoS. And it looks swag as all hell. :p

Player2

Smash Rookie
Pivoting has existed since 64. I do see why you called it wavedashing to get extra hits, but I do not think that was very ethical.

That said, I hope this does not deter competitive Smash 4 players who hate Techniques/Advanced Techniques. I had a few friends who left melee even though it was the latest smash at the time, simply because they thought softlanding and wavedashing were "too hard to do consistently to use".

Also this 4 vs Melee/PM **** has to stop. : /

To Melee/PM players who hate on Smash 4: I get it, we get it. It's not melee. There is no Wavedashing among other things, get over it. Don't be extremely rude to someone for liking Smash 4 or posting about how awesome Smash 4 is. If you are, you'll scare off people that can EASILY CHANGE TO MELEE OR PM if they decide to and want to(since they got the basics down from 4 at least). The next smash 4 player you're a **** to could have been the next Melee/PM all star if they had been welcomed properly.

To Smash 4 Players who hate on Melee/PM: Sorry for all of the salty dorks we have on the Melee side. Please understand that the reason they are so vocal/rude is because they wanted a new smash bros that played like the one they love to death, only to have the producer of the game blatantly change it from the way Melee played to spite these exact players. I'm not justifying them, but merely stating why people are upset. Similarly, the next melee player you troll could be the next dude who could have EASILY CHANGED TO SMASH 4 since they already know how to play smash and maybe they just want the newest game, regardless of mechanics.

Be nice to each other, because even if we like Melee/PM or 4, we are all Smashers. Please understand that people can like and not like aspects of each others games while still being RESPECTFUL, and ADULT-LIKE in our interactions with one another.

Last edited:

Nix

Smash Rookie
If you do a grab after Falcon's perfect pivot dash you'll do a boost grab it looks hilarious lmao

Cr@zy &nger

Smash Rookie
NNID
crazydylan123
3DS FC
1332-8755-9018
I think this perfect pivoting isn't as useful as wave dashing, but this is still a good maneuver.

Linq

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendOfLinq
3DS FC
4639-8962-6197
wavedashing is easy.
I've pretty much mastered perfect pivoting after only like an hour of practice, whereas I still haven't managed reliable wavedashing even after like five hours of dedicated practice. A lot of people have just been doing it so long that it seems easy.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I've pretty much mastered perfect pivoting after only like an hour of practice, whereas I still haven't managed reliable wavedashing even after like five hours of dedicated practice. A lot of people have just been doing it so long that it seems easy.

Remember honey, this isnt Smash 4, instead of Tap jump, just press X.

Linq

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendOfLinq
3DS FC
4639-8962-6197
Remember honey, this isnt Smash 4, instead of Tap jump, just press X.
?
If you're thinking I was trying to wavedash in Sm4sh, lolno. In P:M I used the Classic Controller Pro, with Jump as L1 and Shield as L2. Still couldn't do more than a few wavedashes in a row without messing up in a way that gets me punished hard. Perfect Pivoting is just A LOT easier for me and isn't nearly as unforgiving if you mess it up.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Wavedashing is easy

also i meant that you cant remove tap jump in melee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom