• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return of Princess Peach

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
We must discuss my hero in all her glory. I guess this is the "official" topic about her. Implement new ideas, or things you want to see return with this blonde bombshell.

I must say I want her parasol to return, but I want her umbrella from Super Princess Peach to replace the former white one. This could also incorporate her emotions from the game. How fail-safe is that?

I also want more faces to appear on the turnips. Was there one at all that had an angry look on it's face? Not that I can remember.

TheDillo64

Smash Cadet
I don't think she should pull out Toad like she does in SSBM, especially if he is a playable character in SSBB!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I also hope her move-set is changed.

Since when has she ran with her arms stretched out behind her? In almost every Mario game, Peach is shown running with her dress being held up by her fingers to avoid stepping on it (Example: Mario Party.)

Peach is dainty, and she should act dainty, and throw in some anger and frustration at the same time! That would definetly separate her from the other female characters.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I say keep her more or less the same. Maybe replace Toad with Toadsworth, and replace/improve her UpB with the new parasol (It might latch on to opponents and do a Cap. Falcon Up B on them). In exchange for a better UpB, you might nerf her somewhere else, but definately not very much elsewhere. Peach is a great character as she stands.

Her Super would involve her crazy emotions, too.

Kereokacola said:

Since when has she ran with her arms stretched out behind her? In almost every Mario game, Peach is shown running with her dress being held up by her fingers to avoid stepping on it (Example: Mario Party.)

Peach is dainty, and she should act dainty, and throw in some anger and frustration at the same time! That would definetly separate her from the other female characters.
Good idea. That would make her more Peach-like, and make it more of an insult to get killed by her.

Oh, how I long for the days before everyone realised how good Peach was. They were so emasculated when I defeated them. They would rally the battle cry of "Cheap" when I would float gracefully to the stage to survive to upwards of 150%.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Can someone describe in more detail the application Super Princess Peach could have the for the game. I know that four emotions were somehow involved with the touch screen, but that's it.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
McFox said:
Can someone describe in more detail the application Super Princess Peach could have the for the game. I know that four emotions were somehow involved with the touch screen, but that's it.
Lets see... You touch the heart on the touch screen and one of four things happens.

CALM: Heals Peach's life
GLOOM: Peach cries in big waterfall tears. Causes plants to grow. Apparently she runs faster.
RAGE: Peach catches fire and can kill things by touching them.
JOY: Peach will float upwards on a tornado.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Is there any game where Peach has a knife? I want to just go up to someone like "dont hurt me, im just a --SHANK-- *evil grin*".

Ok in retrospect that was a stupid post.

Trjn

Smash Cadet
McFox, in the game there are four emotions she uses. I don't know how good of an idea it would be to incorporate all (or possibly any) of them, but I'm biased because I'm a Peach player now.

Anyhow, the four emotions and their affects:

Anger: Flames sprout around her, able to set fire to things (like wooden bridges) when she jumps, she hits the ground hard, not sure if it stuns nearby enemies, it's been a while.

Sadness: She cries, the tears can help grow plants (as well as help defeat some bosses) and she runs extremely fast.

Calm: Green aura appears around her and she heals. (I seriously think this is a marijuana reference)

Cheerful: A tornado forms around her, she can fly (think Racoon Suit Mario) and the tornado can remove smoke/fog and clouds.

Those aren't necessarily the official names just what I remember them by.

Also, she has a fair few other abilities, mostly based around her umbrella. She has a charge ranged attack used by holding the attack button, a ground pound-esque move, a quick attack with the umbrella (more of a combo, not really sure how to explain it aside from Marth and Roy's Dash + Bs).

There might be more, but again, I haven't played in a while, I bought the game on release, and beat it comprehensively in a week of casual play.

I guess a Super Princess Peach version of Peach would have a LOT of moves already mapped out for it, but it would be a different Peach than the one we know.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
i think she is fine the way she is. i think they should just do slight modifications to certain things and that's it. if they gave her alot of her super princess peach moves it would be a complete overhaul of the character. maybe change her b move i think. and as someone mentioned give her the new umbrella. yeah i feel the same way about peach dotdotdot! about the whole everyone realizing how good she really was.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Her Toad counter could be replaced with one of the Super Princess Peach abilities, seeing as Toad seems like he's got a good chance to be added. Or she could keep it but pull out Toadsworth instead.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
yeah toadsworth would make more sense. but if they gave her a new b move alltogether i wouldnt mind. i hardly ever use it and when i do it just opens me up for a good blow.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Sakurai has said that they plan to overhaul most of the characters.

It is a new game, after all. I'd like it to feel new.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
Kereokacola said:

you're right, peach has never ran like that in a game.
she should run holding her dress up with her hands.

and she should definitley incorporate her new super princess peach powers into her game. :}

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Change her down-smash. That's a MUST. I would prefer it be taken away actually. Easy way to do this would be by getting rid of her long dress. How clumsy isn't it to fight in that? She did it in Melee, but I think she would be much better off fighting in her tennis skirt.

And, she also need to keep her signature moves, her butt attacks and her turnips! That's a must! When people think about Peach in Smash Bros., they think about her butt and her turnips! Really!

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
Most likely, most of her moves will be different. No explosive hip attack, and no Toad block move. That is my hope anyway. Those moves were unimaginative, and using Toad is just plain stupid. I don't mind Peach, but the Toad thing just doesn't work for me.

I always liked the random smash move, I hope they add more. Perhaps a baseball bat and a hockey stick? Better yet, Toadstool. He could squeak upon impact... Or something like that.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
asianpride3491 said:
Is there any game where Peach has a knife? I want to just go up to someone like "dont hurt me, im just a --SHANK-- *evil grin*".

Ok in retrospect that was a stupid post.

Super Princess Peach: Vice City.

But using her emotions in brawl would make her too good, she has a healing attack, an invincibility attack a flying attack and a 'super fast' attack, that would absolutley ruin her.

She should use her New oarasol in Brawl though, didnt that thing have a name? wasnt it actually like a person or something? whatev. But anywho, she could use that little hover as a possible ^B. Ok im done.

EDIT: ASDF They should totally use her dash attack from SPP whoever has the game knows what im talking about. Its similar to her dair, but she slides on the ground and kicks forward 5-6 times

icymatt

Smash Lord
I could see some of those Emotion powers in SPP being implemented. They could be fun as Peach's new counter.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we'll see that much from SPP actually. It was not that of a big game.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
takun: Unless they make each one of those kicks launch you (which would make it look stupid), it'd be worthless. She'd have Luigi's dashattack. You can CC AFTER you're hit!

Also, everyone who's whining about her downsmash here and there. There are plenty of downsmashes that are just as good or even better, only, they don't give out 60-70% if you crouch-cancel depending on character. But why are you crouch-cancelling it in the first place? And why are you crouch-cancelling the whole attack?!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I would really like the umbrella to be her weapon that she can pull out whenever she wants. Get rid of the standard parasol item and let her whack people with it like in Super Princess Peach (I especially liked her charge attack in that game.)

Pk Samus

Smash Apprentice
Slugma128 said:
Change her down-smash. That's a MUST. I would prefer it be taken away actually. Easy way to do this would be by getting rid of her long dress. How clumsy isn't it to fight in that? She did it in Melee, but I think she would be much better off fighting in her tennis skirt.

And, she also need to keep her signature moves, her butt attacks and her turnips! That's a must! When people think about Peach in Smash Bros., they think about her butt and her turnips! Really!
LoL!!!! blue cheeks :lick:

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
How about this? Maybe you guys will like this one. I feel that a complete overhaul on Peach is in order, thus let's lay the groundwork right here. Ok, first of all, Peach's run will be completely different as Kereokacola described. Her B-Moves will incorporate the new Super Princess Peach moveset and her nifty new umbrella. Here is the magical part, let's have Daisy use Peach's old moveset. How do you guys like that ***Dodges Kereokacola's Turnip***

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I do not like the idea of Daisy being in Brawl. First off, I hate Daisy, and two, I think the inclusion of several Princesses is a little ridiculous. I think Zelda and Peach were enough for Melee, and if they are returning, they are already facing off against Zero Suit Samus, whom is very feminine.

I'm all for female fighters, but too much of the same thing isn't original. I'd rather see different types of female characters, such as Birdo, Lip (Panel De Pon), Paula (Earthbound) and Julie (from Zombies Ate My Neighbors.)

On a side note, I must argue on anyone's opinion of Birdo being male. Birdo is a breed, just as Yoshi is a breed. There are several Birdo's and several Yoshi's, but the two you see the most is the pink Birdo with the bow (whom is female) and the green Yoshi (who helped Mario in all of those games, whom is male.)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Slugma128 said:

*Notices his sig...*
I say just rid of her B and >B. No one really uses it too much anyway.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
If I could change any of peaches moves, It would be her utilt
I think I remember an in depth topic about it.
Its just not very Peachesque(c)

EDIT: Psshaw! @ Above post
Are you kidding?
Peach's >b Is a key part of her recovery
And Her B is just hella fun!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
takun said:
EDIT: Psshaw! @ Above post
Are you kidding?
Peach's >b Is a key part of her recovery
And Her B is just hella fun!
Key part? It loses lots of vertical distance for little horizontal, which she doesn't even need anyway because of her float. And the peach bombing recovery thing is useless because it only works on a few stages and is banned anyway. "hella fun"... It's not fun to lose, something that is going to happen if you use it too much.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
commonyoshi said:
Key part? It loses lots of vertical distance for little horizontal, which she doesn't even need anyway because of her float. And the peach bombing recovery thing is useless because it only works on a few stages and is banned anyway. "hella fun"... It's not fun to lose, something that is going to happen if you use it too much.

Using peaches >b to gain height and recover to a stage is not banned.
And Toad can be a big surprise if used (or not used) correctly.
But enough debating.
Amen to DoH

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Therapy? I don't think so. Being able to heal herself would make her too broken, no matter how long the move takes to pull off.

You and an opponent are battling, and you're both around 100%. Peach sends opponent flying, and then heals while they're recovering.

I don't think it could work.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I agree, if you were able to heal then it would be pretty lame. If people wanted to be able to heal then they would turn items on and play with heart containers. Not to mention peach is already broken enough ;)

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I hope they won't include anything from Super Princess Peach. That game and a fighting game does not mix together very well. Rather, I hope the Peach Bomber will still be there, it's a classic. Keep her turnips too, and remove her down smash. Remove that long clumsy dress, (it's outdated) put her in the miniskirt and thong tennis dress so she can fight properly, and increase her butt size so her Peach Bomber becomes more effective.

There you go, that's a good recipe for making a Peach!

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Oh dear, I think we have someone with buttomisatysis. Ya know what slugma, stop looking at your sig and go hump a tree...the neighbors like it ;)

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Slugma128 said:
I hope they won't include anything from Super Princess Peach. That game and a fighting game does not mix together very well. Rather, I hope the Peach Bomber will still be there, it's a classic. Keep her turnips too, and remove her down smash. Remove that long clumsy dress, (it's outdated) put her in the miniskirt and thong tennis dress so she can fight properly, and increase her butt size so her Peach Bomber becomes more effective.

There you go, that's a good recipe for making a Peach!
Screw that! She's royalty. She's got to have her dress. I hate the mini-skirt/thong in the sports games. I thinks it's way too tartish for Peach. One of the main reasons to fight with Peach (at least at first, before everyone realised she was good and tiers were formed) is to pick the pretty Pink princess in the long royal gown to catch opponents (esp. Male opponents) off guard, then proceed to **** them and take their masculinity as your prize. If you lose the dress, you lose an important part of who Peach is.

To paraphrase someone about Peach's role in Smash Bros (In the "Gay people play with Peach" thread): Imagine Fight Club, then imagine that June Cleaver is fighting in it using a rolling pin and an apron. Now imagine that she never gets a speck of dirt on her and she smiles the entire time with perfect teeth and hair. That is what Peach represents in Smash Bros. to me and putting her in a silly little miniskirt would ruin that by making her too much of a sex-bomb (Like a certain lady in a Blue catsuit I could mention).

If you want a short skirt, slap it on Daisy. It would fit her much more than it would fit Peach.

And thats my two bits on the matter. Keep Peach's clothes on.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Darkness of Heart was right on the money with the psych bomb idea. Of course, SMRPG is my favorite game ever so I'm biased. I also agree therapy is broken unless used like ness's down b and only heals projectiles or something. Or replace toad with it, keep it a counter that just heals her instead of damaging the opponent.

Top Bottom