• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return of Princess Peach

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Dotdotdot, you're absolutely right. Getting rid of her signature dress would be utterly wrong. The only reason why she wore a mini-skirt was for Mario Tennis and Golf, which was more ideal.

Just because this is a fighting game and a long dress may seem to be hard to fight in, keep in mind, this IS a video game, and anything is possible. Peach is in all her glory with her gown, and I wouldn't want to see her any other way.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
the whole peach should hold her dress while she is running doesnt really make too much sense. if you have noticed in all the games that she has done that in it was the mario party games or when her dress is fat and poofy which would make sense so she wouldnt trip over it. her dress in melee is not fat and poofy it fits her body. as to in mario party the dress makes her look fat. that explains why she doesnt hold it in melee. so i think they should leave it the way it is. and no spp moves.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Kereokacola said:
On a side note, I must argue on anyone's opinion of Birdo being male. Birdo is a breed, just as Yoshi is a breed. There are several Birdo's and several Yoshi's, but the two you see the most is the pink Birdo with the bow (whom is female) and the green Yoshi (who helped Mario in all of those games, whom is male.)
Um, fun fact; Originally, Birdo was supposed to be a boy who liked to dress as a girl, but Nintendo decided that a crossdressing boss wouldn't do well with their publicity, so they dropped the idea.

As for peach, I'll be happy as long as they keep her float technique. It's what set her apart from all the other players. Oh, and Toad, or something like it. I LOVE countering-type attacks.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
DokturSea said:
Um, fun fact; Originally, Birdo was supposed to be a boy who liked to dress as a girl, but Nintendo decided that a crossdressing boss wouldn't do well with their publicity, so they dropped the idea.

As for peach, I'll be happy as long as they keep her float technique. It's what set her apart from all the other players. Oh, and Toad, or something like it. I LOVE countering-type attacks.
umm fun fact birdo was originally a girl birdo named catherine but nintendo of america changed her to a a crossdressing male birdo

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
peach should be a random char, like random effects of parasol, more types and more different effects of veggies, more varriations of >smash.
peach's
down
smash.
you can do some 50% if they dont CC!!!!!!!

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
annoying1359 said:
peach should be a random char, like random effects of parasol, more types and more different effects of veggies, more varriations of >smash.
peach's
down
smash.
you can do some 50% if they dont CC!!!!!!!

Umm... where's the skill in using her then? Seriously, making a character with random moves would be one of the worst decisions Sakurai could make. A little bit of variance, such as Peachs FSmash, is alright, but a completely random character would be a terrible decision.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
Look you could change her f-b, up tilt, and her taunt( maybe) but what I don't want to see is a different appearance. She looks so majestic in SSBM as compared to Mario party peach. I dislike that peach.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with a thong? Chun Li is one of the most respected video game females of all time, and she wears a thong while fighting. Peach would lose no respect by wearing her tennis outfit, but she would gain fans!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Chun Li is not Peach. Peach is not Chun Li.

I think you're outvoted. The Peach we all know in love sports her long, pretty dress.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Nah. She's still Peach even if she wears a skirt and thong, isn't she? This game has a more realistic tone to it already, I think Peach will get a makeover. Remeber that she got one in Melee, too.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Slugma128 said:
Nah. She's still Peach even if she wears a skirt and thong, isn't she?
No. No she's not. A thong and skirt would make her a filthy, filthy she-devil who does naughty things for coins and shrooms.

On topic, though, I think Peach's anger emotion would be a great Super Attack. Peach grabs the item and is just engulfed in flames for so many seconds. She'd be like the one Fire dog pokemon in melee (can't remember it's name.) Except she could move around, but maybe she'd slow down while she's angry.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
McFox said:
Sakurai has said that they plan to overhaul most of the characters.

It is a new game, after all. I'd like it to feel new.
Same here. Im all for some new moves.

I don't think should add in more variations for her >smash though. They all have different ranges and results as it is.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Slugma128 said:
Nah. She's still Peach even if she wears a skirt and thong, isn't she? This game has a more realistic tone to it already, I think Peach will get a makeover. Remeber that she got one in Melee, too.
Let's just keep Peach the same. Ya shouldn't be attracted to polygonal chicks anyway.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I agree. I don't want them to sex her up.

Her Super Princess Peach moves could easily be used as a super move, whichever they decide to use.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kereokacola said:
I agree. I don't want them to sex her up.

Her Super Princess Peach moves could easily be used as a super move, whichever they decide to use.
Maybe they could randomise it. When you use the emblem, you have a 1 in four chance of using each different emotion. Anger, Joy, Gloom, and Calm.

Eggs4Everyone

Smash Rookie
the Super Princess Peach thing sounds like a good plan....the emotions should be random or chosen by the player depending the situation and which emotion would help them out the most....or whatelse?

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind the emotions, its just the appearance I care about. They shouldn't change her appearance to that one. Keep her the same way. There is less decoration in her dress and less details on her hair. Finally, I love the hairstyle in SSBM, they have to keep that peach.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Considering there are four emotions, I think they should be implemented as her special moves:

B: Kassaa Charge Shot - Basically samus' charge shot, but, I dont know, different. I havent played the game.

B^: Parasol - kassaa is the parasol now, and if someone would land on top of the parasol, they are caught in it and shot back upwards. Works just like parasol from melee

Bv: Calm - Like counter, but rather than dealing the damage back to them, Peach will heal herself by one half the damage she would have taken. It will have a smaller time window in which it works than Marth or Roy's counter, but will have the same lag (smaller window because it would be crazy if it didnt)

B>: Sadness - Charges like Jiggs Rollout. The longer you charge, the longer she will run, and the larger her stream of tears will be.

Super: Anger - Peach is invincible, but also, if anyone touches the fiery aura, well, just think of a more damaging version of PK fire that is harder to DI away from. while in this state, peahc's jump is reduced, she cant use other attacks, and she falls faster. Who needs falco's pillaring, just stand next to the opponent! Should last ten or fifteen seconds

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
No. No she's not. A thong and skirt would make her a filthy, filthy she-devil who does naughty things for coins and shrooms.

Is she "filthy" just because of that? Heck, she's a woman. You can't blame her just because she happens to flash her thong a few times in her career.

What's wrong with a thong? Chun Li is one of the most respected video game females of all time, and she wears a thong while fighting. Peach would lose no respect by wearing her tennis outfit, but she would gain fans!
For god sake Slugma,stop thinking with your **** for once!!!

And i really don't think that they should change her moves really,her D-smash isn't a problem if you don't CC.

And i feel that her old school game play type is much better than the new.But the only thing i can really see being changed are her B moves.Her B move needs to be more....robust.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I think you should care a little more about the characters appearance. Brawl won't be just forward+A or Wave Dashing, you know.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Calm down, people! Ask yourself this: Can you blame Nintendo for making Peach that good-looking in Melee? Honestly. And you have to admit, it got her noticed.

I agree with The 5th Police, though. As long as she looks the same as she did in Melee, I won't mind what kind of attacks they give her.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Oh Lord! Bless the day when Sakurai reveals how Peach will look like in Brawl, and how she will behave! :D

Faith

Smash Apprentice
What's so bad about a smaller skirt.

It's way more logical to let her battle in these clothes because it gives her more freedom to fight : D. Ever tried running in a long dress D: ?

1 thing is sure and that's that they will keep her Float. Peach without float is like yoshi without his weird jump or kirby witout sucking ability =D.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
the problem with the sports outfits is that they would screw up her physics, meaning no more float. also, i am having a problem imagining how they could incorporate the super princess peach moves without significantly altering her moveset, but i guess change can be a good thing.

X_Meta_Knight_X

Smash Cadet
i agree with everything that her b move should change. i dont care much about the dress, just as long that shes in the game. Oh, and they should get her out of those high heels, those must be painful!

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
No mini-skirt, please, SSB characters appear just like they do in their regular games. Mario should not use his short sleeves SMS look, Link should not use his sumo TP look, you get the point. Is it more logical to fight in a short skirt? indeed, but this is SSB, and you are fighting Pikachu and Kirby. Should Zelda use a mini-skirt too? -_-

I loved Super Princess Peach, but I'd not like to see those "emotions" in Brawl. Super Princess Peach takes place in Vibe Island, where everyone's emotions are affected (you can see sad goombas, angry koopas, etc).

Yay, can't wait to see Peach's Brawl model ^_^

X_Meta_Knight_X

Smash Cadet
No mini-skirt, please, SSB characters appear just like they do in their regular games. Mario should not use his short sleeves SMS look, Link should not use his sumo TP look, you get the point. Is it more logical to fight in a short skirt? indeed, but this is SSB, and you are fighting Pikachu and Kirby. Should Zelda use a mini-skirt too? -_-

I loved Super Princess Peach, but I'd not like to see those "emotions" in Brawl. Super Princess Peach takes place in Vibe Island, where everyone's emotions are affected (you can see sad goombas, angry koopas, etc).

Yay, can't wait to see Peach's Brawl model ^_^
neither can I

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Hmmm... I don't like the idea. TP Zora suit is cool, though. Back on topic, I can't think of a good Super Smash move for Peach, maybe the Peach Beam from Paper Mario? I've never played the first Paper Mario, so I don't know how that would work.

Top Bottom